Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Complicated Arrival {Closed}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyleca

Tyleca

Characters : Pikekit [RC]
Clan/Rank : Riverclan Kit [RC]
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 797

A Complicated Arrival {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 14:28

Viperfang strode into the Shadowclan camp feeling the entrance penetrate her fur and scratch down her back, a sensation she hadn't experience for moons. The pungent scent of pine and other cats did nothing to ease the turmoil in her mind. The midday sun barely penetrated the thick layer of pine tree branches creating a roof of darkness over the camp. Viperfang trotted over to the jaggedrock with no intention of waiting for others to question her. She arrived and promptly sat next to the jaggedrock, the place where Leopardfang would normally organize patrols and perform other deputy duties. Her only intent was to explain her actions and ask for forgiveness. Im not crazy, I made a mistake.. she often admitted to herself as of late. And I must ask for forgiveness from those above me... she thought. At least those who would listen to me... She explained to herself as she remembered Thrushstar's mental state from when she left.

Viperfang flicked her tail as she hid in the shadows, away from the others, waiting. She flitted her eyes around the camp and noticed that there were not nearly as many warriors or cats in general as she remembered. She recognized a few faces and scents, apprentices that she had trained and some warriors that she had known, but many of the sights were different. Many cats were missing, including her older kits Ghoulfire and Speckledberry. She also didn't notice the lazy furbag traitor that she was ashamed to call her littermate anywhere in the camp. It was a whole new Shadowclan, and Viperfang wasn't sure that she liked it.

But, she rolled her eyes and flicked her tail as she slowly sunk into the shadow of the jaggedrock and the camp wall. Leopardfang where are you.... she thought as she grew more impatient, not wanting anyone but him to question her quite yet.

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 15:11

The spotted tomcat stalked through the clan entrance, the fur around his neck standing on edge. He had caught a strange scent in the territory and followed it back to camp, concern growing with every step he took. The smell was familiar, but Leopardfang couldn't place it and it only made him suspicious. A loud snarl escaped his mouth when he pushed through the pines and caught sight of the backside of the trespasser, and he crouched low and prepared to barrel across the clearing. The stranger was too close to Thrushstar's den!

Only a brief thought stopped him from sinking his claws into the she-cat. He came to a skidding stop as he neared, claws dragging in the ground. The stature, the brown fur. The glowing amber eyes, a mirror image of her mother's, and a trace of the old scent that reminded him vaguely of Shimmerheart. "Viperfang. You... can't be here. You're dead." Leopardfang rumbled quietly in a matter-of-fact tone. This was it. He'd finally lost his mind. Seasons of stress had driven him mad, and now he was hallucinating in broad daylight.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
A Complicated Arrival {Closed} 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Tyleca

Tyleca

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 23:18

Viperfang flicked her tail when she heard the tom's low voice behind her, slightly upset at herself that she hadn't expected it. I'm losing my edge.... she worried. Upon hearing his remark, she straightened her back and thought for a moment, leaving the camp in an almost eerily damp silence. It seemed as if  even the wind dare not to speak. They really thought I was gone....

Viperfang turned around silently, brushing the dust off of the camp ground with her muddy brown paws. Her eyes glowed a sharp amber in the shadow of the jaggedrock like fireflies in the night. As she settled back down, she curled her tail neatly around her paws before taking a more in depth look at her father and former mentor. The difference wasn't stark, but she could tell he didn't look good. His claws were unsheathed out of worry, his fur matted due to lack of time, and his eyes dull and droopy because of lack of sleep. Maybe Thrushstar would've been better... she thought with slight regret.

Without a moment of movement anywhere in the camp, Viperfang hissed "Do I look dead to you?"

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 14:32

A bitter smile crept over his scarred muzzle. It was her, alright. There were few as collected and unflinchingly sharp-tongued. Leopardfang glanced over her and sheathed his claws, daring to step forward to get a better sniff at her dusty pelt. Both of them were pretty worn out, weren't they? He couldn't remember when he'd last seen her. It was a little sad. He really had been  terrible father, hadn't he?

"No, I suppose you seem alive, though not exactly well. It's... very good to see you again. There is much you have missed." She already knew of her brother's treachery, but his exile would be news to her, as well as Tigerflower's litter. Well, now what? She was a former member, and by all rights still one. "What happened to you? Where have you been?"

Across the camp, Tigerflower shuffled out of the nursery, leaving behind the litter of another queen she was overseeing until her return from a patrol. The tabby queen was surprised to see her father already returned from his hunting trip, and then noticed the third cat beside him. Her heart stilled in her chest as she recognized her littermate, Viperfang. She remembered all the fights her and Webail had always been in, and frankly, the youngest sibling always sided with Webtail. Viperfang was always really critical and too intense for her. Still, her sister had been right the whole time. The queen almost felt shame for picking Webtail's side in their youth.

At first she was going to skirt around the edge of camp and do her best to slip away, but she realized that they would face each other sooner or later. She padded quietly to Leopardfang's side and gave a questioning look, meowing, "Viperfang, it's been so long. Are you alright? Shall I fetch the medicine cat?" So many lost souls were returning home. Maybe StarClan was showing them favor.

Back to top Go down
Tyleca

Tyleca

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 20:00

Leopardfang's sly smirk was enough to tell that he was probably in better state than Thrushstar, to her knowledge at least. Well minded enough to recognize her existence, importance, and overall relevance. As he stepped forward Viperfang didn't dare to flinch, slightly fearing that if she let down her guard in front of someone so important it would be dishonorable to her and her loyalty to the upper members of Shadowclan. She listened to his questions intently, knowing exactly what he and the rest of the clan would be asking. Viperfang took a moment, flicking her tail rapidly, as she thought of how to word her situation and where she had been in a way that wouldn't make her look worse than she already was.

She was about to make her remarks when another cat seemed to approached and question her. Viperfang slowly moved her gaze over to the other cat, realizing it was Tigerflower her other littermate. Viperfang didn't have many problems with Tigerflower and not nearly as many conflicts as she had with Webtail, thanks to her usually cordial ways. Speaking of Webtail, where is he? He was usually lounging about doing nothing in the camp... she though quietly as she remembered she didn't see him. As well as Speckledberry or Ghoulfire? Flicking her ear and dismissing the thoughts she continued her explanation.

"It has been a while. I am fine, but there are matters I must explain to Leopardfang, and the rest of the clan..." she started with a voice that was somewhat grating and honeyed at the same time. "I went on a late night solo patrol, it was after that great battle and I was still very cautious. I wanted to make sure that the territory was safe, especially with my precious Speckledberry and Ghoulfire in Shadowclan...", she blinked her eyes slowly and continued to unsheathe her claws as she remembered the story, "I scented someone, and I knew for a fact it wasn't Shadowclan or even a clan cat at all!" she stated matter of factly. "I followed the scent to the edge of our territory, the edge near the thunderpath. I spotted him and proceeded to question him on what he was doing...." she explained as she started to get slightly more emotional, something rare for Viperfang.

With the fur on her neck slowly raising, she sped up and summarized her story more and more. "He of course was hunting on our ground, and ran from me. I followed him to Twoleg place, intent on teaching him a lesson...", she took a hard breath and look at her paws for a short moment. "I of course did eventually, but it took me a while to get out of Twoleg place. And I returned here with only a few troubles..." she finished. "Thats why I was gone, but there is more...." she mewed.

"I didn't intend on coming back to clans, but I felt it was necessary due to the amount of violence in Twoleg place..." she stated in a matter-of-fact tone, "I'm expecting kits...." she mewed quietly with shame, letting her head hang.

OOC: rippedsky, let Sun reply to this first and then you can post!

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 12:02

There was a sense of relief deep within the deputy's chest. So she hadn't been harmed or forcibly taken by twolegs, and certainly not killed. In fact, it was in defense of her clan, and that in itself made him feel a kind of pride in his kin that he had not felt in a very long time. But this sense of pride deflated when Viperfang revealed that she didn't even mean to come back, and he realized that she was only here for safety while she bore kits--outside kits, from the twolegplace. Kits that wouldn't recognize what their mother threw away until she inevitably took them off back to twolegplace, to continue her life before them. Or perhaps not. She had her own brand of rationality that worked in its own mysterious way. Whatever the case, and while he felt partial towards her because he had missed her and felt sympathetic because her children had disappeared and not returned with her, it was not really his decision.

"I see." Was all he said at first. Viperfang had been his pride and joy in younger days. It was a bitter disappointment to think that perhaps she felt no true loyalty to him, but merely wanted protection. A reasonable desire, Leopardfang supposed. Any mother would want the best for their kits. He might not have done any different in her position, but then he would understand her thought process better. "The choice to keep you is not mine. I can, of course, offer you momentary safety. I will have to ask Thrushstar to consider allowing to stay for longer than a few sunrises. He will remember your loyalty in times past, and how you refused to be a pawn of the Dark Forest. In the end, though, it's up to him." The deputy trusted his own daughter to be left in camp without his supervision, and turned wordlessly to the leader's den. He would ask Thrushstar now, if he could catch him in a good mood.

Tigerflower listened quietly to Viperfang's explanation. Everything she said made perfect sense. Their father didn't understand that love usually had its own way, and Tigerflower was not bothered that Viperfang had also had kits by an outsider. In fact, did she even know about her sister's own litter? She waited for Leopardfang to disappear into Thrushstar's den before saying anything. "I understand what it's like to be uncertain about the kits you're carrying. My two, my only litter, were half WindClan. They hate me for it, I think. But they're wonderful warriors despite it all. Perhaps you'll see Mousefang and Hawkfrost around camp soon? Hawkfrost, my daughter, is expecting kits herself very soon. You've already proven yourself a wonderful warrior, Viperfang. I'm... sure you're wondering where Speckledberry and Ghoulfire are. Webtail, too."

Tigerflower shuffled a bit, having trouble looking her sister in the eye. "Webtail, Amberclaw, Owlstrike, and Lightningstrike have been exiled for their treachery against ShadowClan. A lot of people were angry with Thrushstar because they were captive in camp for a long time and didn't do anything bad. And some of them even apologized..." She remembered strongly when she and Webtail had reconciled. He seemed like such a different cat than the one that returned from the darkest gathering as the new leader of ShadowClan. "And, well, Speckledberry... She went missing around the time you did. Ghoulfire went missing a few moons ago. We all thought that they went looking for you. If they're not with you, then... we don't know where they are..." She meowed gently, knowing that it would be terrible news no matter how she delivered it. But she had to be told, and who better than family, even estranged?

Back to top Go down
Tyleca

Tyleca

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 13:48

As Leopardfang explained that it wasn't up to him, it was up to Thrushstar, her body shook ever so slightly. I guess I can't expect to stay here much longer then.... she thought with so many mixed emotions that it just made her feel numb. She turned her head as he walked away to ask Thrushstar, sheathing her claws to seem less threatening, if Thrushstar were to come out and see her. She continued to stare at her paws, ashamed at herself for acting the way she did and for even coming back in the first place. I'm weak.... she thought to herself. It was something that she had been struggling with her entire life, but only came out in its fullest form in the past few moons.

Viperfang listened as her littermate attempted to console her and her worries, but Viperfang just let her words go into one ear and out the other without much thought upon any of them. But upon admitting that she had done the same Viperfang unsheathed her claws and looked Tigerflower in the eyes. Viperfang listened intently on how Tigerflower's kits hate her for it and how she was uncertain about her litter. She continued to listen to every word that came out of her mouth, with such percision you'd think that she was stalking an alert piece of prey.

She mentioned some cats including Webtail, her other littermate, Amberclaw, the cat of whom she shared her apprentice ceremony with, and Lightningstrike, her  own kin. They had all been exiled for their betrayal, even as Tigerflower mentioned they had apologized for what they had done. I would've killed them immediately for their actions! Damning them to the Dark Forest if they love it so much! Rid Starclan of the cats who betray it so! she thought with anger, as she unsheathed her claws once more and raised her hackles.

Upon mentioning her kits names, Viperfangs tail fluffed up out of fear of what could've happened. Upon hearing that they were both gone, she felt as if everything she had ever loved was gone. Her legs started to tremble and she struggled to stand. She lowered her hackles and sheathed her claws. She searched in Tigerflower's green eyes for some spark of hope, wishing that there was a chance they could be okay, but all she found was sorrow and pity.

There was a moment of quiet, where all you could hear was the quiet shuffling of paws on the ground. It seemed as if even the warriors of Starclan were mourning still for the loss of such cats. Viperfang closed her eyes and spoke with a voice so dry and full of emotion it didn't even sound like her own, "If they followed me they are surely dead. The only cats who ever cared for me or loved me are gone.... And all I have left is a clan of cats that I've betrayed and a litter of kits who'll hate me for bringing them into existence.." Viperfang turned her body from Tigerflower's and towards the sky, where Starclan would shine later that night. "This night I'll stand in the center of the camp, standing in a silent vigil for them..." she promised, unafraid of what anyone else were to think. Then I'll never feel pain because of someone else ever again....

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6718

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 8:38

Flamepaw had held back when Viperfang went to go talk to the deputy. Part of him wanted to deliver her as if she were some loner he'd found back in the forest, but Leopardfang and her clearly knew each other. I guess now is not the time to try and prove myself a worthy warrior... So, instead, he watched from a distance. Most of their conversation was catching up, a lot of which he'd known already. But listening to Viperfang's story, his interest grew. She's having a twolegplace cat's kits? These aren't clan born? His ears perked almost excitedly at the prospect. It was slightly different from him, they would at least still have a warrior mother, unlike Flamepaw. But still there was blood in them that wasn't from the clan, just like him. He vowed to himself to look out for those kits in the future, for he knew the pain of mixed origins.

As Viperfang continued, he watched on with sadness. In the short time he'd known her, he had gotten used to her sharp tongue. The sorrow that now dripped from her words and he longed to go comfort her. Although, he assumed it wouldn't be welcome, so he kept his head down and stayed off to the side.

A Complicated Arrival {Closed} Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 21:25

Tigerflower's own eyes dropped in despair. She'd never lost kits and prayed to StarClan that she wouldn't have to endure such a pain, and she knew that it would take a great toll on her sister. It wa so honorable of Viperfang to keep vigil for them, and what did Tigerflower spend her life doing? Caring for kits that were not her own, providing nothing for the clan that accepted her despite her failures? It was inspiring, even if the she-cat had returned for unexpected reasons. She padded after her sister when she turned away, and brushed pelts with her. "You aren't alone anymore. I'm here... we all are. If you need space, you can have it. But if you need a shoulder, I'll offer mine." Tigerflower meowed quietly. Different cats responded differently to suffering. She just wanted to help however she could, and was too distraught to notice Flamepaw off to the side.

Leopardfang, after a brief talk with Thrushstar explaining the situation, exited the leader's den and looked at his two daughters with a slightly more relaxed expression. He was quiet while they were near, not wanting to interrupt anything that littermates might have wanted to share. It seemed that Tigerflower had shared some depressing news. His own littermates never made it very far, so he didn't understand how close they could be or what kind of comfort they could offer. The deputy waited for the moment to pass before approaching again, is sharp green eyes softer than they were before. "Thrushstar has heard your case and accepts your return to ShadowClan. He is doing very well this moon, and has made great progress back to his normal state. You are free to move about camp or the territory as you please and you don't have to leave again. Welcome home, Viperfang." He said, a rusty purr rumbling with his words.

Back to top Go down
Tyleca

Tyleca

Aries Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 15:54

Viperfang closed her eyes and hung her head solemnly, flicking her tail back and forth quickly. She said nothing, not because she didn't want to, but because she didn't think she could. This seemed to be one of the very few moments in her entire life where she was speechless and numb to her feelings. It was an odd feeling, Viperfang was so used to having her feelings and opinions flare up and out of her like a strike of lightning hitting a tree. Whatever was on her mind, always came out, and normally in the most blatant and raw way possible.

Viperfang felt her sisters soft, milky scented pelt brush against hers. Viperfang flared her fur slightly but did nothing to prevent her affection. Viperfang, again, wasn't sure why. Did she harbor any affection for her family or others? Even with everything that's happened? Of course not! They've done too much to betray me! was the only thought that could come to mind.

But, before Viperfang could flare up and snap once more, Leopardfang strode towards them in a more composed feeling. Even Viperfang could tell. She lifted her head to see what he had to say, not looking at him, but at some distant spot in her sight. Viperfang listened intently, slightly glad to hear that she had all of her previous warrior rights back, even though she wouldn't be able to excercise for little while.

"Thank you, Starclan..." she meowed quietly. As some of her mind composed at this news, the pain of body seemed to become apparent once more. She hadn't eaten in a few days and the fresh scars on her body were sore and achy. She ignored the pain though, and settled in for a long night in the clearing. "I'll be here until dawn...."  

OOC: The she'll be back to her snappy, aggressive self! Do you guys think this is a good ending point?

PostSubject: Re: A Complicated Arrival {Closed}   A Complicated Arrival {Closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

A Complicated Arrival {Closed}
Page 1 of 1