Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] Empty
PostSubject: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 20:08

This should've been the other way around. When Fishstar had offered him the assignment, he'd leaped at the chance, even practiced a few lines to rub in her face. But the day came, and all he felt was disappointed. He kept his easygoing demeanor up despite it all, but she should've already been a warrior alongside him. It just felt wrong this way.

Ashpaw could do it, though. They were standing in the tall grass, a stream trickling at their paws. She'd pass with flying colors and he'd make Fishstar and her mentor think she had all the skill and strength of TigerClan after he made his report. That was the least he could do for an old denmate, even if she talked about him like he was a thorn in her pad.

"You'll be free to hunt from now until sunhigh," he mewed. "I'll be watching. Catch as much as you can, as best you can." Sleetfang purred teasingly, stepping back from the stream. "Just remember everything you do will go back to Fishstar. No pressure or anything, but if you still want to feed my 'fox-hungry pride,' it couldn't hurt. There might be a spot saved for you in the warrior's den if you do."

OOC: Long overdue! Catch three pieces of prey and I think we can call that a wrap.

Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Shohou

Shohou

Characters : | [A]: Ashpaw | [R]: Ripplepaw| [H]: Heavypaw | [Hf]: Halfpaw |
Clan/Rank : --
Sagittarius Cat
Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:00

OOC: Fingers crossed I'm doing this Hunting System correctly! Let me know if I messed up somewhere or not. o v o;

--

Still being an apprentice for this long was a bit .. how would she put it? ... Discouraging, to put it lightly. Seeing her brother, among other apprentices, have become Warriors by now while she sat idling by. Realizing now that there were pros and cons to having the Leader of an entire Clan be your mentor.

"Good will come to those who wait ..." Played off in her head like an endless loop to keep her head high. Upon receiving the news that Sleetfang of all cats would be helping her in this assessment, she was both excited to finally be a step closer to being a Warrior but ... slightly disgruntled knowing it was Sleetfang, his ego never ceases to reach new heights for her.

But, to her amusement, her ear wasn't chattered off with his lame jokes or those not-so-clever wisecracks he would throw at her. Even more so when he was told Ashpaw was still ... well, an Apprentice. Regardless of her first world squabbles with the tom, she had a bigger game to focus on. The assessment that's the only thing standing between her, and her well awaited rank. So with her usual, snarky roll of her green orbs, her attention focused on the territory in front of her.

"Whiskers crossed that Star Clan is going to have mercy on me," Nervous didn't cover a quarter of what she felt. Excited? Anxious? Doubtful? Whatever this feel is referred as the ashen colored she-cat pushed through it.

Lowering her frame down low to the grass's level, she inched her ears forward to listen in for anything in the area. Filling her nose, was the scent of some sort of ... bird. Being so used to fish, she hasn't really had the practice of catching something that could potentially fly away.

So, using her common sense, her arched frame clung to the ground and crept upon this winged creature. Inching closer and closer, holding her breath deep within her lungs to avoid making the slightest sound that could tip off her chance. Once only a leap away from this feathered fowl, she mustered up the will to lunge and pounce on this bird. But, being a second too slow, the bird wriggled from her grasp and ran off into the tall grass, flapping its wings and legs around frantically to desperately try and get away from Ashpaw.

"Fox dung ... That pesky bird must've heard me." The she-cat cursed. Not her best attempt, but she didn't want to let that stop her from other opportunities in the making.

Last edited by Shohou on Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zebrah-shohou.deviantart.com
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:00

The member 'Shohou' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Shohou

Shohou

Sagittarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:06

OOC: I forgot to add the second dice! :'D
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:06

'Hunting Dice' : 8
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 14:41

OOC: I'm still figuring it out too, so good luck to the both of us. ;0;

IC: Sleetfang slipped off once he'd finished his little lecture, made a wide loop distracting himself with daydreams, and when there was enough time, and enough distance, he began the hunt. If Ashpaw was hunting sparrows and water voles, he was hunting her. Sleetfang stalked through the grass and the reeds, holding his breath once he was within sight of her again, pressed flat against the ground.

She pounced, and... the bird flapped away in a sudden panicked flurry of wings, and it was gone. Sleetfang kept himself from cursing out loud.

That was fine. He hated birds. All feathers and bones.

Back to top Go down
Shohou

Shohou

Sagittarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 13:54

OOC: Glad to know I'm not the only one! :'D

With a silent curse slipping out from her mouth once again, her focus was regained and she kept her eyes on the prize ahead of her. Slinking through the tall grass with ease, letting her dark coat blending in with the shadows hovering over her, and her steps as quiet as a mouse in the night.

"You will be mine, stupid prey ... " She thought to herself, silently baring her fangs in oh so slight frustration at the prey being so smart this time around. The least these dumb animals could do would make it easier in hunting, but unless Star Clan blessed a miracle, Ashpaw would know that isn't very likely to happen.

But something caught her attention through her nose, taking in the smell ... something was nearby. Making quick footwork, she slithered across the ground like a snake would, and tailing after the scent. To her begrudging surprise, it was another bird.

"This has got to be some sick joke ... " She thought once again. Shaking her head, she clung her body to the ground once again to build up momentum for her leap. In one swift movement, she emerged from the tall grass swift and quick. Pinning the bird to the ground, but to her surprise, the bird used its talons and wings to hit Ashpaw in whatever way the bird could in order to escape.

Upon the bird's escape, the bird left a small scratch on her cheek. Breathing her anger out through her nose, she padded off quietly to another area to hopefully try again and capture the prey she would find.

Last edited by Shohou on Fri 23 Dec 2016 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 13:54

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'Hunting Dice' : 10
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 16:01

Her shot of revenge, but he couldn't help to think dryly to himself that the bird got its revenge instead. A flutter of rings, some silent curses, and Ashpaw was left there empty-pawed and with a scratch across her cheek. Once he got her warrior name, he'd rib her for that until they were both moving into the warrior's den, but not now. Sleetfang stalked from a distance, peering through the reeds.

OOC: This system is hella brutal on apprentices. 30% chance of success.

Back to top Go down
Shohou

Shohou

Sagittarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 16:45

OOC: No kidding! But it'd make for some killer jokes made towards Ashpaw later. x'D

With a slight hiss, the scratch stung both her cheek and her pride. But was this going to stop her? No. Would Sleetfang make jokes about this later? Absolutely. But knowing both of these things, gave her more of a drive to hopefully have a successful catch. The silky furred she-cat breathed in a lung full's worth of air to hopefully put her agitated nerves at temporary ease.

Her deep green eyes furrowed on a rustling patch of grass, her eyes filled with a slight glimmer of hope. Dropping to the ground like a rock, and she snuck over to the area with ease. It was hard to tell what it was ... even taking a few good long sniffs to pick up the scent, nothing.

She didn't want to bother hesitating anymore. So the she-cat took a different approach, she kept to the ground and wrapped her jaws around the limb of ... another bird?!

"You feathered pest!" She muffled, lifting up the plump waterfowl to hopefully slam it against the ground, but the bird got the upper hand. Flapping its wings to gain its balance in the air, and lashed out on Ashpaw once again but right against her nose. Hissing once again, she used her paw to brutally smack it away from her. The bird squawks in pain, before it landed hard on the earth. In a dazed but still conscious, the bird made a quick get away and disappearing into the reeds.

"This is must be some sort of joke ... " She hissed silently, wiping off the droplets of blood from her nose. It stung a lot worse than her cheek, but she'll manage.

OOC: This friggin' bird tho-- like, if it weren't for the failed catch rolls, Ashpaw would be banking a hella amount of plump birds! :0c

Last edited by Shohou on Fri 23 Dec 2016 - 16:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 16:45

'Hunting Dice' : 10, 10
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 3:56

IC: He wasn't sure whether to laugh or wail. Sleetfang chose to keep his jaw clenched, watching her go at the bird again like it was a WindClan warrior. To the bird's credit, it put up way too good of a fight than it should've, and after a brief tussle, Ashpaw was standing there alone again, empty-pawed. You have to be joking... This had to be some twisted prank straight from StarClan. How about that warrior name? Ashwing? Ashflight? He'd never let her live it down, but the taunts could wait until after the assessment. After the ceremony. Had he mentioned how much he hated birds anyways?

Either this was some of the worst luck he'd ever seen, or... He shook the thought out of his head. She'd get that thing some time soon. She had to. She was Fishstar's own apprentice.

OOC: THESE BIRDS THO.

desu if you want to run into a fox, Sleet and Ash could take it down together and we could just cut out all the hunting. Get your warrior name for bravery or something. It honestly might be easier than trying to catch three pieces of freshkill with this system lmao.

Back to top Go down
Shohou

Shohou

Sagittarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:26

Her patience was thinning and her temper was beginning to show through her stoic but calming exterior. Her eye had a very slight, but ominous twitch to it with how irritating this assessment was proving to be. The she-cat's paw tensed and dug her claws into the damp soil to release her angry tension, as a sort of ventilation.

"Don't shred the next prey you see ... Don't. Shred. It." The silky cat repeated these words similar like a mantra, hoping that this phrase would get her through this trying time of this hunting assessment. Once she took the brief moment of calming her agitated nerves, she drops to the ground once again and stalked amongst the reeds once again.

"Star Clan ... give me something, please ... " Her words echoing in her head, still being attentive to what's in front of her. Not even a minute later, she hears another rustle in the tall growing reed grass. Placing one hushed paw step in front of the other, she was only one step away from leaping onto whatever this was ... holding her breath before she engaged her strike through the grass, hoping to wrap her jaws around whatever was in front of her.

It was the wing of her familiar foe.

"You ...!" She muffled out her surprise. The fear in the bird's eyes reflected into hers, she swiped her unsheathed claws at the bird's legs to hopefully cripple it, to prevent its escape.

The bird caws in pain with the sensation of sharp claws digging into its leg muscles.

"You're mine!" She pinned the bird down onto the damp soil, but out of fear the bird lashes out a flurry of scratches and furious pecks to hopefully wriggle out of her grasp. It would be a lie of Ashpaw said this bird didn't take some skin with these vigorous attempts of escape. She tried to bear at but once she saw blood, she backed off and sent the bird flying in another direction with yet another fierce slap of her paw.

"Star Clan, you must enjoy seeing me struggle, don't you?"
She gave a dark glare towards the skies, and she had already wasted far too much time with these blasted birds. Making quick work of cleaning off the blood, she went back to her snake-like tactics and slithered into the grass with ease. Even with a few scars of her rival by this point ...

OOC: She was so close, but so far. I had a glimmer of hope when I saw a "4" this time, but then was once again disappointed when I saw it's only 1-3. ;;

OOC: Ashpaw is a literal Chick Magnet //smacked

Last edited by Shohou on Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shohou

Shohou

Sagittarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:33

OOC: This system will make me have a bitter hatred towards anything related to birds and I love birds because of the hilarious amount of jokes towards Ash! //poor bby// Fingers crossed she can at least catch something, even if its a fox by this point.

Last edited by Shohou on Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:33

'Hunting Dice' : 9, 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]   Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Role Reversal [Ashpaw's assessment!]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next