Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] Empty
PostSubject: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 15:49

All was well for dear Nettlepaw, her brother was here in Windclan with her, and her closest friend, Sunpaw was here too. However something had been occurring between her and the medicine cat apprentice. She was starting to feel awkward around him, her casual affection she'd shown without thinking too deeply made her flush, her pelt felt hot, and she felt oddly embarrassed by acting in such a way with him. And she knew Sunpaw get just as awkward about such actions.

But why? She couldn't help wonder as she raced along the marsh, and pounced onto a rabbit that had been upwind of her and didn't notice her presence. Why was it awkward when it was all fine before? What had changed between them, and what was that thumping feeling in her chest when clanmates joked about them being mates with all the times they spent together.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice her surroundings, just standing there with a rabbit at her feet.
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Characters : berrykit ; goldenkit
Clan/Rank : riverclan / kit ; shadowclan / kit
Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 4281

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 16:16

Sunpaw, shortly after being woken from a nap by a cat with greencough, was taking a walk when he noticed Nettlepaw. "H-hey Nettlepaw." He said. What? Why did I stutter? He shook his head. "Good catch."

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

my active characters ~ my profile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 20:25

"Sunpaw!" Nettlepaw meowed in surprise, her fur fluffing up in surprise as she turned to face the object of her thoughts, Sunpaw. Her heart raced, and her tongue felt numb as she tried to reply to him. "Thanks... Um, so what are you doing here? Are you looking for something? I could help? Y'know. If you want of course. If you don't that's fine too."
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 20:47

"Oh, uh, no, I'm a.. Just taking a stroll. You can w-walk with me if ya want." He offered. "I'm heading to the outskirts. I might catch a rabbit if there is any. Y'know, medicine cats don't just sort herbs."

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 21:21

"Okay. I will." Nettlepaw meowed, staring at a spot above Sunpaw's head. "I can show you the best places to hunt if you want?"
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 22:24

"Okay." He mewed. "Where?" His limp leg was especially useless today if he had to run..

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 2:15

"Not far, just beyond that hill." Nettlepaw gestured, she wasn't exactly observant, and didn't notice her friend having any trouble moving. "It'll be a flash if we run."

She needed an outlet for this nervous energy she was carrying around with her. Either something had to give, or she'd explode with nerves.
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 6:21

"Uh, okay. You can start.." He said, thinking it'd be rude if he pointed out something so obvious to her;she definetely would feel bad.. He began to walk a little as she ran.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:26

"Why are you taking so... Oh." Nettlepaw froze when she remember that Sunpaw had some difficulties running due to his injured leg. She licked his shoulder apologetic, and then chose to walk besides him, pelt to pelt. She made sure to stay on his bad side, to be his eyes for places he couldn't see due to his blinded eye. "It's not far now, they are lots of clovers here, so rabbits love to graze here. There should be one... There! Do you think you can catch it?"
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 11:25

Sunpaw felt like a scratched up, useless elder. "I guess." He said, spotting the rabbit. "It's older. It may be easier to catch." He said and began to stalk it. Even with his injuries he was still silent as snow. He let out a low growl as he neared, and without warning- or a chance to move- he bit into its back. But it escaped his grasp and began to hop away. He trodden after, finally reaching up to it. With a slice of his clas and a flick of the rist, it was dead in his jaws.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 5:14

Watching eagerly, she mreowed in delight when Sunpaw managed to catch the rabbit. She bound over to him, cheering. "That was a great catch, Sunpaw. I wouldn't have been able to catch up, not that it stops me from chasing after rabbits."

She was proud of him, his tenacity and considerate nature, despite how insensitive she could be at times. He would be a fantastic mate, she suddenly realised. He'd understand her, he's be there for her, and he'd be a great father. But her heart stung bitterly when she remember who he was. A medicine cat could never take a mate, Starclan forbade it. But the same irrational stubborn part of her that made her chase a long lost rabbit urged her to at least ask him if he, as a medicine cat, ever felt such desires.

"Sunpaw, have you ever thought of taking a mate?" She knew she was being direct, but tactful was never a trait that she possessed.
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 7:44

Sunpaw blinked. He never thought anyone would ask him this question. "Maybe sometimes. Y'know, when Monarchwing was an apprentice she loved me very much but I didn't return it. That's why I didn't talk to her. Even if it's against the code, love is something everyone should have, and its sad some cats die before they could have it. Just like how Monarchwing died. She never found a mate and is dead. I felt bad about that so I never thought of it. But now I do." He said and sighed.
"Life just isn't interesting without a mate." He stared at his paws for a moment. "And Starclan forbids me from having a mate. But I don't get it! It says that 'you can't because all you care about is your mate's attention and kits and will not care for anyone else in the clan anymore.' Who made these rules?"
He realized he went a bit far and he sighed. "Nothing is right anymore. Have you heard that rouges are starting a group in Twolegplace?"

He blinked. "Yeah. I have thought of it. And um.." He stopped and bit his lip.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 15:23

When she saw it was a sore point for Sunpaw, and was clearly a difficult topic he'd thought about on many occasions, she felt bad for asking. And it did hurt more thinking about the fact he wanted a mate too, but he was banned by Starclan. Who was she to question Starclan? But she agreed it was completely unfair, Sunpaw would never been so blinded. He could have a thousands mates and kits, and still be the most loyal medicine cat to Windclan.

"That sucks. I don't understand it either. It's not fair, you're such an amazing cat and anyone would be lucky to be your mate. I don't think that you'd neglect Windclan because you'd have a mate or kits. I think you'd be more loyal as you have something to fight for. And it just makes me mad, because I could imagine a whole future for us, and it's just crushed by a stupid rule by Starclan... I mean, I could imagine your whole, er, future...? Anyway. It's not fair to you." Nettlepaw stammered out the end of her speech, realising she'd said too much. "So, there are rogue's building a group in the Twoleg place?"
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 16:24

"Why change the subject?" He asked, one eyebrow up (idk what to write here, lol) "Besides, I like you too, Nettlepaw. I know that's what you were trying to saw." He smiled. Well, now that's done.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 0:33

"Really?! I mean, what?" Nettlepaw jerked back surprised by his statement. That was what she was hoping for, but it was also what she dreaded. She didn't want to hear him say the inevitable 'I'm a medicine cat, and your a warrior' speech which would end with her in tears.

She liked, and maybe loved Sunpaw, but they could never be together in the ways she wanted. She wanted to have little kits that looked like him and her. She wanted to proudly raise them to be fine Windclan warriors, but that wasn't a fate they could share. Not with the blessing of Starclan at least. "That's great, but now what? We pretend that we don't like each other? I find someone else to be my mate and pretend I don't want it to be you? That I want your kits only, and no one elses?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]   Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat] Empty

Back to top Go down

Nettles chase the Sun [For Cat]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next