Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

This World is Cruel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iceychu

iceychu

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 828

This World is Cruel Empty
PostSubject: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:27 pm

A cold wind rustled the leaves of the pine trees above. The branches intermingled with each other like the roof of the warrior's den, leaving the moon's silver rays unable to penetrate the thick layer. The only thing that guided the scrawny male feline that wandered around the marsh was the rare beam of moonlight that was able to filter through a small gap in the roof of leaves, but they were few and far between.

The night was silent, apart from the whispering of the wind and branches and the occasional chesty coughs that cut through the chilly air in lengthy bouts. Every time the thin tom coughed, his whole body shook and trembled, threatening his ability to stand. Yet he soldiered on through the night, battling the freezing winds and ignoring the muscles in his legs that screamed at him to stop. But why was this under-weight cat doing this? To hunt. He had slept during the day, unwilling to clean is fur, re-arrange his nest or anything. Until hunger took over his mind, and forced him to scavenge for any food he could find.

For many hours the smokey warrior pushed on through the darkness, driven by his will-power to find food. He dragged his paws along at a snail-pace, his tail collecting mud as it trailed behind his boney hips, limp and lifeless. His head bowed low, and he would occasionally snap it up to breath in the wintry air that burnt his lungs in an attempt to catch the faintest trace of a rat or a toad.

But for his whole journey the anorexic tabby gained no luck, and gave in to the aching in his joints, the raging icy winds, the sludge caking his fur, the coughs rattling his bones, the soreness in his lungs, the throbbing in his head and the dryness of his mouth. He gave in, allowing exhaustion to push him to the soggy ground and spit on his pitiful being. It pushed his grey muzzle deep into the wet terrain, clogging his nose and preventing any oxygen from flowing into his lungs, slowly suffocating him.

You have to fight to survive. If you cannot fight, you cannot win. If you cannot win, you lose. If you lose, you die. I cannot fight any longer, therefore I must die. This world is cruel like that. These words whizzed around the old tom's brain as he lay in the dark earthly ooze, and slowly everything turned black.

Scorchclaw, a talented warrior who was defiant and loyal, brave and handsome had died there in his Clan's territory, camouflaged in the muck that ended his life.

Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice
Leo Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Mousepaw slowly padded through the marsh, his tail and ears drooping. He was thin and scrawny, and though he was born a runt and looked more like a kit then an apprentice, he seemed smaller then usual. His legs were bony and his fur seemed to sag off of his body. Suddenly, his paw landed on a lump in the ground. It felt like a cat. Mousepaw hissed, jumping back. He strained his eyes, staring at the ground. He made out a faint shape of a cat who was lifeless and unmoving. "Oh, Starclan," he yelled, eyes wide with terror. "What has happened?" The cat was to dirty to make out who it was. Mousepaw's stomach lurched and he suddenly felt sick at the sight. He felt like he was going to throw up. He somehow managed to flip the cat over and examine the body, noticing who it was when he saw the face. "Scorchclaw," he gasped. Mousepaw backed up, the sight of the suffocated warrior haunting him. The dim moonlight shone on the dead warrior's body which was covered in mud and dirt, causing an eerie feeling to creep upon the apprentice. "S...someone! Help!" He didn't know why he called for help, he was sure the warrior was dead, so nobody could help him. Mousepaw turned away and raced towards camp, calling for someone to follow him so he could show them Scorchclaw.

This World is Cruel Image13

This World is Cruel Roh7nXW
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Characters : berrykit ; goldenkit
Clan/Rank : riverclan / kit ; shadowclan / kit
Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 4281

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Darkstrike saw Mousepaw running. "What has happened?" He asked frantically, seeing the terror in the young apprentices eyes. The large dark tom was now skinnier, and not in a good way.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

my active characters ~ my profile
Back to top Go down
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice
Leo Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 pm

"Quickly! Scorchclaw has died!" Without seeing if Darkstripe would follow, Mousepaw whipped around and raced towards the death scene where the body lay, coated in mud.

This World is Cruel Image13

This World is Cruel Roh7nXW
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Darkstrike gasped. He ran to the scene where Mousepaw led him. "Oh my Starclan..." He sniffed the body, looking for signs of an attack. No scent or sight of blood, just the tang of wet cat and mud. "I think he let himself die. He lived a great life." He said solemnly and picked the foul-smelling tom up by the scruff. He dragged him back to camp where he lay him in the center for his friends and family to mourn for him.

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Faith

Faith

Characters : Faithkit-Living Slatekit-living Dawnrise-Living Tornfur-Living Shades- Living Faith-Dead Daffodil-dead Tigerpaw-Dead Lonekit-Dead
Clan/Rank : Shades: Rogue | Dawnrise: Shadowclan, warrior | Faith: Rogue | Tornfur: Riverclan, warrior
Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

Dawnkit poked her head out of the nursery and her eyes widened. Two of her clanmates were dragging a body back into camp. What..? She rushed out of the nursery and instantly started asking questions. "Who was that? Why's he so muddy? What happened? Where'd you find him? WHAT?"

Tornfur: black she cat with one white stripe down her side and dark blue eyes, warrior, Riverclan
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but this topic is dead. AKA- no more posting. Just in case you may forget read the rules a bit more, eh?

Not trying to sound rude, sorry if I am..

#9999ff
| #ffcc00

Back to top Go down
Faith

Faith

Characters : Faithkit-Living Slatekit-living Dawnrise-Living Tornfur-Living Shades- Living Faith-Dead Daffodil-dead Tigerpaw-Dead Lonekit-Dead
Clan/Rank : Shades: Rogue | Dawnrise: Shadowclan, warrior | Faith: Rogue | Tornfur: Riverclan, warrior
Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:24 pm

It's fine I barely read the rules so thanks for the advice

Tornfur: black she cat with one white stripe down her side and dark blue eyes, warrior, Riverclan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This World is Cruel   This World is Cruel Empty

Back to top Go down

This World is Cruel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: