Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri May 23, 2014 10:44 pm

"Come, Cloverpaw. Keep close behind me."

The ground was coarse and rough under their paws as they approached, with a cold wind wailing mournfully in their ears. Even with the first lights of Silverpelt filling the sky, Mothermouth struck pangs of fear through Reedstar's heart. A yawning black hole, poised open like stone jaws, ready to clamp shut behind them and swallow them in darkness. No light shone down there, none besides the Moonstone on the other end. He'd hoped that he'd seen the last of this place, but here he was again. As by tradition, Cloverpaw would receive the proper ceremony for her new calling here, but that wasn't the only reason he'd come. His dreams had been troubled lately, full of visions of horror and blood.

Reedstar glanced to the apprentice beside him and paused before the cavern's waiting maw. "Whatever happens, don't try to run back on your own, understand?"

Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Lilac

Lilac

Number of posts : 960

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Never had Cloverpaw been one to be scared of the dark. Darkness brought with it the stars and the moon, and thus left the cat feeling a stronger connection with StarClan. However, tonight seemed much different.

A howling wind whipped at her fur, causing the small molly to shiver, still damp from their voyage across the river. It seemed unlikely that such wind should be present during the present time of year, for the thought New Leaf had brought promises of warm summer air and pollen. But these ideas had been long forgotten by Cloverpaw, as she kept loyally behind her leader, grateful that his larger frame was blocking at least some of the wind.

The jagged path was new to the cat, but not unfamiliar. She had visited here before in her dreams, she recognized it now as a vision from StarClan, though at the time she had chalked it up to be only a fantastic dream. Despite what one would think, it wasn't this dream that had caused her to have been chosen to be medicine cat apprentice. And as she tried to recall the exact details, it was hard to decipher, for this all seemed to happen in a whirl. After all, it felt as though only yesterday she had been attempting to catch prey and now she was at the entrance of her new beginning.

"Yes Reedstar," She mewed respectably, dipping her head in regards to her leader's request, although it's vulgar phrasing caused her to be taken aback. Was there anything in there that would cause such a worry, that it would send the taby in a frenzy to leave the cave? She bent her neck around the elder cat, peeking to see what the cave contained. It seemed that her vision from StarClan wasn't as explicit, for all she remembered was the jagged entry, nothing of it's contents. But when she spotted the Moonstone, in all of it's glory, right before her, the cat couldn't help to stare at the rock. It was so beautiful.

because lilacbreeze will always be my one true love:

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:39 pm

The acrid, dusty tang that hung in the air gave way to a flood of cool air that smelled of heather and peat, and the darkness of the tunnel peeled back as they entered the cavern. The Moonstone sat there, glimmering in all its unearthly beauty, but something about it made chills run down Reedstar's spine. It wasn't the first time he had seen it, yet it remained as awe-inspiring as it had the first time he'd set eyes on it. It shone like a star brought to earth, with small, jagged spires of glass jutting from the base and filling the dark chamber with a white light.

He breathed in deep and eased himself into a sitting position. "Lay down and touch your nose to the rock. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind," he instructed her, leaning in closer to the brilliant rock. Is it a rock? To call it that seemed almost like an insult. It seemed more like a grounded comet. "What happens next is a secret between medicine cats. You can't tell anybody what you see." Reedstar bit back a gulp and gave her one last glance. "This is your last chance to turn back, Cloverpaw. After this, you're sworn to StarClan for life. It's okay if you change your mind..."

Back to top Go down
Lilac

Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:02 pm

In all honesty, the Moonstone was almost unearthly in its beauty. There amongst the jagged rocks it sat, framed by a soft brume that swirled around it in majestic splendor. Cloverpaw had never felt such eadness before, but now in the presence of such an important stone, the cat couldn't help but overflow with happiness. It was strange how a stone could be so important and amazing as it was to these cats, but even if an outsider had laid eyes on the precious stone, it would be hard for them not to stare in awe at its appearance.

So distracted by the mere fact that she was actually here, Cloverpaw nearly jumped when her leader spoke to her again. She stepped forward, her face completely lit by the white glow cascading from the Moonstone. This was it, her last chance to back down from this. To have a chance to fight for her clan. To be a mom. It was a hard decision, the kind of decision that Cloverpaw had spent many many hours contemplating and talking to StarClan about. She was a very young cat and to be a very young cat and have to make such a hard decision was scary, but in the end she knew what was the right thing to do. With a nervous look back to her leader, the young ginger molly gave a curt nod, "Do I do it now?" She mewed quietly, for she felt as though doing something at wrong time might upset StarClan.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Reedstar gave her a contemplative look before returning the nod. "Yes, now," he mewed. He couldn't help but wonder about what kind of visions and secrets she'd receive once she fell asleep, but Reedstar couldn't say that he envied her. Her life would be changed forever, and he could only hope she really knew the price she was about to pay. "I'll be doing it too. I don't think our dreams will be shared, but remember that I'm right here, no matter what you see." The tom let his gaze drift back to the shining stone in the shaft of silver moonlight. Maybe now he would get his answers. "Ready?"

Back to top Go down
Lilac

Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Cloverpaw took a deep and shaky breath, her eyes shifting nervously back to the stone. "R-right," She mewed nervously her tail flicking anxiously. Was she ready to give up the idea of falling in love and having kits? The ginger pelted cat paused for a moment, Reedstar was right. If she was going to back out, it would have to be now. But as she thought about it for the final time, she knew this was right. Cloverpaw could feel it. StarClan had a plan for her as a Medicine cat, or why else would she have been here? " I--I'm ready." She finally squeaked, laying down and with one final, shaky breath she lightly brushed her nose against the cold stone. Immediately, Cloverpaw's eyes drooped and her small body went limp, but her mind was wild with dreams.

Her blue eyes flickered open slowly, she was dizzy and confused. Around her, the clearing was misty although Cloverpaw could make out a rocky shore and there was a sparse amount trees lining the horizon. Still laying down, the ginger cat looked up. It was night time and the sky was peculiarly clear, in fact, the only blemish in the sky's silky dark blue appearance was a large, pearly white moon. Cloverpaw shook her head and stood up, looking around for signs of movement. She saw eyes, at first one pair, then two and suddenly there were many pairs of peering eyes. Immediately, the cat grew nervous.

"There is no need to be scared Cloverpaw," A handsome tom mewed, he was bulky and his pelt was a dappled group of blotched colors. He approached the cat slowly, carefully not to startle her. "I am Lichencloud, past RiverClan Medicine Cat." He said calmly, giving Cloverpaw to assess the situation. Mist swirled around the two cats, breaking delicately to show the faces of many strange cats that she had never seen before.

" Cloverpaw, are you ready to accept the role of the RiverClan medicine cat?" He continued, staring down at the small molly with a fixed look.  

Cloverpaw's eyes grew large at the mention of her name. She was... star-struck. srry I couldn't help it She was really here, she was really in front of StarClan. "Yes!" She finally exclaimed, her nerves and excitement getting the better of the chance of containing a cool composure.

"Then it is settled," He mewed, taking a step back into the mist. "My fellow StarClan cats, hear my call!" He called, everything went eerily still and the mist began to become less and less thick. Cloverpaw was surrounded by many peering cats. Her fur stood on end. "Cloverpaw has chosen the gracious path of the medicine cat. Grant her the wisdom and guidance of the many cats before her. Let her help and serve not only her clan, but to StarClan." He called out, his voice now louder, filling the otherwise stagnate air. "Let her name be reborn with the blessing of StarClan. Now, I present RiverClan with their new Medicine cat, Cloverpaw. Let StarClan help you and guide you."

Around her cats chanted her name and Cloverpaw stopped for a second to soak in the moment. Although, this sense of pride as another cat stepped forward.

It was definitely a molly cat, and she was so very pretty. “ Congratulations Cloverpaw, I seek that you will do well as the medicine cat. Do look over the clan and seek to us with your every concern.” She said softly, and Cloverpaw purred softly with satisfaction.

A few more cats came forward, introduced themselves and gave her messages to keep with her during her career as a medicine cat. This continued for what felt like moons, although really she had not been dreaming very long. Cloverpaw enjoyed meeting these cats, but her heart was set on other things. After all, she had a clan to serve and tend to.

After a few more minutes and a warm farewell, the dream world began to fade into darkness. And when she opened her eyes again, Cloverpaw found herself back in the cavern, the white glow from the moonstone as her only source of light.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:29 pm

As Cloverpaw touched her nose to the stone, Reedstar sighed. So she had made her decision. Let's hope she doesn't come to regret it... It seemed like morals were being forgotten all across the forest. From every corner he heard tales of medicine cats and forbidden love, of warriors cavorting with rogues and kittypets... He had some of these half-breeds in his own Clan. They were loyal, steadfast warriors, driven by an urge to prove themselves, but they were products of lust and weakness. Reedstar accepted them as if they were trueborn and pureblooded, but he knew that the other leaders did not share the same sentiment. Stay strong in your vows, Cloverpaw.

His eyes drifted over to the rock again. Do I get my answers here? Or is StarClan as clueless as I am? The last time he had come for guidance they had not laid out some genius plan or given him secret knowledge, but they had reminded him of his duty, and that had been enough to push him. But what good could reminders do him now? With a lump in his throat, Reedstar flushed his mind of worry, shut his eyes, leaned in, and lightly touched his nose to the cold, glassy surface.

At once he was plunged into darkness, and when Reedstar opened his eyes again, he was in Fourtrees, but not the one he knew. The Great Oaks weren't lush and green from the Newleaf rain ― they were skeletal, dead, and their branches reached out like grasping hands to scrape and pull at the inky black sky. The stars were gone, but in the blackness, there was a blood red moon... and then it blinked, and there were two. Two amber discs, two fiery eyes burning with hatred, staring down at him from the darkness, boring into him... Terror seized his heart, but he met the gaze defiantly.

A white tail brushed his flank, and Reedstar whirled. Those amber eyes were only inches in front of him down. The voice came as a subtle whisper, like the rustling of leaves, but it only spoke one word. Death. Thunder roared in the skies overhead, and he woke with a gasp.

Chills ran down his spine and Reedstar struggled to his paws, shaking away his fright at the sight of Cloverpaw beside him. "Is it done, then?" he asked, surprising himself with how calm he sounded.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Cloverpaw's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1