Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hunting season [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 12:27 pm

What had Honeydew been thinking when she made him a mentor? Maybe she was thinking of their time as apprentices when they would spend all night training, which wasn't the same, but he wasn't going to deny he'd done a good job helping his sister out. She was deputy now after all, how hard could mentoring Blazepaw be? He'd promised to be the best apprentice at his ceremony, and if he listened to Brackendawn that would be good enough. The muscular warrior waited by the camp entrance for the russet apprentice to appear. When he did, he dipped his head in greeting.  "Mornin'." he mewed "Ready to begin your training? We're going to start with hunting... Mostly because I'm hungry and the fresh kill pile is looking pretty low." The tom stood and flicked his tail for Blazepaw to follow,

"This is the moonlit creek, it... obviously runs through our territory, but prey often comes here to drink. It's the best place to start hunting. Or to hunt in general." Brackendawn dropped into a crouch "I'm going to catch my breakfast, and show you how it's done, and then I want you to go next." The warrior parted his mouth to better inhale the scents of the forest. With Newleaf there was so many, especially around this part of the territory. It took him a moment to decide what he wanted to eat, but eventually he settled on tracking down a rabbit. He was seriously starving. A few tail-lengths away a rabbit stood, head bent drinking from the creek. This should be an easy catch, so it'd be embarrassing if he missed. With measured pawsteps he inched forward until he was basically on top of it. Brackendawn chanced a glance back at his apprentice, flashing him a grin.

His attention returned back to the rabbit, and he leaked his lips. It was completely unaware, and so when he pounced it didn't even have the chance to run. With a bite to the neck the rabbit was dealt with, and he was triumphant. He returned very pleased with himself to Blazepaw. "Your turn!"

moonlit creek hunting bonus is active. +2 to all hunting rolls

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

hunting season [c] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart

Last edited by Midnee on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 12:27 pm

The member 'Midnee' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

hunting season [c] Mistpe10
hunting season [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 202

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:29 pm

BLAZEPAWi can't be who you need me to be
he/him - skyclan app. - 6 moons
Blazepaw had hardly slept, his paws itching with excitement to finally start his training. It was weird sleeping in a new den now, too. Luckily he'd ended up with a pretty good mentor, he thought. He hadn't gotten to know Brackendawn yet, but the tom seemed strong and capable, and Blazepaw felt like he was in good paws with him for a teacher. I'll be the best warrior ever - the warrior my Clan deserves. He couldn't wait, rushing out of the apprentices' den toward the lilac mackerel tom . "Hunting sounds perfect! I'm always hungry." Blazepaw meowed enthusiastically, his tail high in the air and flicking gently.

The moonlit creek was pretty. Blazepaw had never been out of camp before, and this was so much cooler than the clearing where SkyClan lived. The feathery apprentice took mental notes as Brackendawn spoke, guiding him through the territory. The best place to hunt. And in newleaf, it was perfect! He couldn't fail here.

Blazepaw stifled a gasp as Brackendawn dropped into a crouch unexpectedly, the apprentice's questions dying on his lips. When the tom brought a rabbit back, Blazepaw found he was really impressed. "Oh, wow! Great catch, Brackendawn!" He exclaimed. Then the adolescent nodded dutifully, parting his jaws to taste the air. Were there any familiar scents on the breeze? For a moment, Blazepaw couldn't pick out anything from the busy scents of newleaf - then, suddenly, a rustling off to his right pricked his ears. He drank in the air, finally realizing what was making the noise - a mouse! He knew that smell from the fresh-kill pile. Purring softly, Blazepaw got into a crouch like Brackendawn had. Mouse was his favorite - he hoped he could catch it!

Creeping forward, Blazepaw made sure to keep his pawsteps soft and silent, his eyes narrowing as the mouse came into view. It seemed preoccupied with something by the base of a tree...an easy catch. Blazepaw stopped, waggling his hindquarters as he prepared to pounce. Then he jumped - landing square on the mouse and gently nipping its neck just as Brackendawn had demonstrated. With the taste of blood on his tongue, Blazepaw looked up, grinning and practically glowing with glee. It hadn't had a second to react! Blazepaw was the best hunter in the whole Clan!

"I did it! Brackendawn, I did it!" The tom yowled excitedly, holding the rodent up for his mentor to see. I hope he'll be proud of me!

Blazepaw caught a mouse!
(Moonlit Creek bonus active: +2 to all hunting rolls.)

Last edited by chicago on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:29 pm

The member 'chicago' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 12:12 pm

"Very good!" praised Brackendawn "That was an excellent catch for anyone!" having finished his meal he stood up and padded towards Blazepaw to inspect his handiwork. It was as good as it had looked from where he had been sat. The mouse had been killed quickly and caught silently, a proud rumbled in his throat. "We're suppose to feed the clan first, but I didn't. You can eat your first catch while I hunt some more, you've earned it. Plus where's the harm in having a snack if we bring back double for the clan?" he winked at Blazepaw before padding further into the undergrowth.

Brackendawn parted his maw, scenting the air as usual. Quickly he identified the scent of a squirrel, but something else had too. A growl left his throat as a hawk swooped down and snatched up his catch-to-be. Plans changed he supposed, and a hawk had more meat on it than a squirrel. As the Hawk attempted to ride the updraft, the brindled tom leapt into the air, powerful paws catching the bird and bringing it and the squirrel crashing down in tow. Brackendawn landed atop the hawk, pinning it to the ground. His claws dug into its wings, and he didn't even flinch at the scent of blood. Predators were fine now, he had the badger pelt to show for it, and at the lake he'd had the owl feathers. Now he would have a hawk to add to his trophies'

rolling for squirrel... Noped!

Brackendawn used Leap and Hold on Hawk! Dealing -8HP and costing -15 SP!
Hawk is pinned for... two turns!

Brackendawn

40/40 HP
85/100 SP (-15 SP)

Hawk (pinned 0/2)

32/40 HP [-8 HP]
125/125 SP

Last edited by Midnee on Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 12:12 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 10

hunting season [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 12:39 pm

rolling for pin)

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

hunting season [c] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 12:39 pm

'Effect Dice' : 6

hunting season [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 202

hunting season [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting season [c]   hunting season [c] EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 1:14 am

BLAZEPAWi can't be who you need me to be
he/they - skyclan app. - 6 moons
Oh, Brackendawn had seemed proud! Proud of him! Nobody had ever really been proud of him before. His parents weren't around much, and it wasn't like he had any siblings to impress. At least Robinmist seemed to be proud of his 'heart', but he wasn't quite old enough to know what she meant by that.

"Thanks! Hehe, I'm gonna be the best hunter in SkyClan!"  Blazepaw purred - then, after a quick look, added, "After  you, of course." He nodded, stopping to tuck into his prey. So Brackendawn had broken the code - was that what he was saying? Apprehension swirled in Blazepaw's stomach, but his hunger was louder. The mouse's fresh blood on his lips wasn't helping. Besides, his mentor had a point - they would bring back plenty for the Clan! What good was a hunter distracted by hunger?

After a few swift bites, the mouse was gone, the rich taste of blood still on Blazepaw's tongue. He'd always gobbled his prey, barely stopping to breathe. But with his hunger sated, he rose to his paws and stopped short as something swooped down from the sky. The shadow was huge! Blazepaw gulped, watching Brackendawn leap  for the huge bird.

Help! He wanted to scream, but Brackendawn didn't seem too worried. The tom took a deep breath, trying to steady himself in spite of his wide eyes and racing heartbeat. This is my chance to really prove myself. He sprinted forward and sliced at the stunned hawk, his claws swiping across its face and clawing at its eyes. A low growl rose in his throat as the hawk beat its wings, trying desperately to get free. "Take that, thief!" Blazepaw shouted, as though the hawk could understand a word he said.

Blazepaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 SP!

Brackendawn
40 / 40 HP
85 / 100 SP

Blazepaw
20 / 20 HP
53 / 60 HP (-7 SP)

Hawk
26 / 40 HP (-6 HP)
125 / 125 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hunting season [c] Empty