Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
+6
xaandiir
speedy
Midnee
ChaoticCrow
Flybot
Holly
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 18:15

i've given up on counting blessings
It felt like yesterday that Roseburn had returned to ShadowClan, taking on a new name to symbolize her new beginning; but enough time had passed that Leopardstar was ready to present her with her final challenge.

The way the days seemed to fly past was something she'd found herself considering quite a bit lately, chasing her kits around the nursery and chatting with their temporary guests--those fleeting moments, something to be treasured.

"All cats old enough to silently stalk in the shadows, please gather in the shadow of the Jaggedrock for a Clan meeting!"
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 18:32

Lilypaw
Apprentice | ShadowClan | she/her

"If we did what was easy, then there wouldn't be anything to live for."

This was a moment of truth for Lilypaw, to see if she could truly be a warrior of ShadowClan. After her dream about Harechaser, she surely didn't feel like she could, but at the same time, she wanted to prove herself. She had easily fallen back into old patterns, but she wanted to believe that she really could be a good cat. Maybe if she did ever see Harechaser again, if there really was a StarClan, maybe Lilypaw could bare to stand beside her as a sister. Maybe even as a friend.

A small, sad smile spread across her maw at that thought. She had never seen herself missing Harechaser when she had been alive, when they spent every moment together at each other's throats.

You never knew what you had until it was gone, she supposed.

That wouldn't be a mistake she would make again.

Lilypaw sat herself amongst the crowd, looking up to Leopardstar. And so she waited for the meeting to begin.

discord: karunamaya  | timezone: edt | code (c) kieer | images: 1 2

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Last edited by Karuna on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 0:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 16 Mar 2024 - 8:32

"We are gathered here today to witness the naming of a new warrior. Lilypaw, please step forward."

Leopardstar allowed her gaze to settle on Lilypaw.

"I call upon the warriors of ShadowClan to gaze upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of our honorable code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in turn."

She sat taller, curling her tail lightly around her side, and continued.

"I ask you now: do you believe that she has adjusted to life in the marsh? To life with us? Are any of you willing to vouch for her?"

It was strange, to judge a cat she'd known in her own apprenticeship as an outsider, but Lilypaw had agreed to it.

Whether or not she would leave this meeting a warrior now depended on her Clanmates.

Last edited by Holly on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 Battle-Trained MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T4 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4478

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 16 Mar 2024 - 12:13

"I vouche for Lilypaw." The medicine cats voice called out from amongst the gathered crowd, stepping forward to be in full view of Leopardstar.

Heatherberry had not been around for the majority of Lilypaw's second apprenticeship, but she did know one thing: "Lilypaw hasn't been to or has sent anyone to the medicine den since her arrival, nor has anyone gone missing or died between her return and now. That is enough for me to feel comfortable to see her return to warrior status. I feel she knows the ways of ShadowClan still." Whether or not the orange spotted mollys heart beat for ShadowClan didn't really concern her so long as she kept her claws from her clanmates throats. A scuffle or two was bound to happen, but malice with intent to seriously harm would not be tollerated. So far, she hadn't shown any of that.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JGgdMsS Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JGg3TFt Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony J0ieN9e Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JGg3GK7 Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JGg2WjR

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JcTsSP1  Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JcnAVnI Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Grub_f10Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 19 Mar 2024 - 20:11

Larkshine
Tier 1 Warrior | Shadowclan | She/Her

Larkshine padded to Jaggedrock, right as Leopardstar was addressing Lilypaw. She sat down in the back since she was late and listened quietly. When the Shadowclan leader asked for warriors to vouch for the apprentice, Larkshine sprang forward. "I'll vouch for her!" She yowled out as she made her way to the front of Jaggedrock. "She is a kind cat, and I personally don't think she would hurt a fly. I think she would make a great warrior again!" Larkshine smiled at the calico as she spoke and then looked back at Leopardstar before sitting down again.

Discord: ChaoticCrow  | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 17:50; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2216

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 5:52

One thing about Nettlepaw was that he was always punctual, and if he knew he had to be somewhere he'd turn up early. He could never risk losing out on any gossip so of course he was sat all proper for the clan meeting. The tom had nestled himself between his favourite denmates, and stared up at Leopardstar expectantly. The meeting could be about anything, and his pelt prickled in anticipation. Leopardstar began to speak again and Nettlepaw leaned forward, ears perked only for...

This was a sick joke. No way. Unbelievable. "Is she serious?" he hissed in a hushed whisper to his friends. Though as the spawn of the dark forest stepped forward, and voices rang out began to vouch for her, he felt his blood run cold. This was a mistake, none of these cats knew Lilypaw at all! They didn't know her character! While Nettlepaw was certainly far from perfect he knew what she was really like, what she would bring upon ShadowClan. He may be a far cry from perfect and he also didn't care too much for clan loyalty with all his friends across the border, but he wouldn't sit down and take this.

The white apprentice stood up abruptly, and pushed through the throng of cats until he was at the front. Then he turned to face them, not making any eye contact with Lilypaw, knowing her she would already have her assumptions about him. She can have them, but it doesn't change the truth of my words.

"I object." stated Nettlepaw his voice loud and clear.

He waited for the shock, and anger across the faces of several ctas to pass before continuing. "Lilypaw is not fit to be a warrior. Obviously I'm not an idiot, I know this probably seems rich coming from me and my dislike for her isn't a secret, but I don't dislike cats for nothing." he continued "Over the past few moons I have been bullied and harassed by Lilypaw. I doubt anyone even believes me, but it is true." His head hung in shame. "She has used her age to pressure me into doing duties that aren't mine, to yell at me, to attack me personally, to lie and accuse me of things I haven't done 'because she's older and knows more'. She did not follow the rules given to apprentices too, and when reminded she insulted me and tried to intimidate me she told me 'a lot more cats would like me if I shut up' and 'that no one respects me'and that's just scratching the surface." he chanced a look up at Leopardstar, he knew after this his name would be ruined forever just like she wanted, but he couldn't sit by. He wouldn't/ "I believe these things were said to silence me and scare me out of speaking up about how cruel she is. In summary Lilypaw isn't fit to be a warrior, she doesn't follow the code, she showed no growth towards bettering herself and she's cruel to me and possibly other cats younger than her. Laugh at me and boo me and tell me 'I'm wrong and immature' that this is 'just apprentice drama', but it's not and so I can't vouch for Lilypaw in good conscious." His mismatched gaze swept over the crowd, and he finally looked at Lilypaw. There was a slight tremble in his legs, but his face was almost void of emotion "Thank you."

And with that, he slipped back to his place, trying to ignore everyone but his friends. Swiftheart was going to be so disappointed in him for saying anything, and he'd probably gone about this all wrong. Leopardstar would hate him and wouldn't listen because he hadn't brought this to her attention privately, but he'd tried to mention it to Sablestrike. He had ignored him too. He felt so alone and this outburst would make it worse, but, but, but. Nettlepaw curled in on himself hiding his tears. This wasn't fair on him. She had started this and he... He tried to stand up for himself, but she kept going, and now he had to do this, and everyone would hate him and maybe his friends weren't even his friends anymore now, and and and... His sides shook, hopefully he was hidden behind Orchidpaw and Crabpaw's fluffy pelts. This was even more humiliating than when Sablestrike had yanked him away from Lilypaw.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 13:29

Swiftheart had joined the meeting. She settled down grinning happily, this was her sisters big day of being a warrior now.

She had thought for so long that she was the last sibling, so when Lily was home again it was such a relief and reassurance to have family again.

She gave a thankful nod to her good friend Heather as she vouched for her sister.

and, another nod to larkshine. She made a little note to herself that she ought to hang out more with other warriors she enjoyed meeting new friends and had not gotten to know all these new warriors yet.

She was about to step forward as well when another white furred cat beat her to it: her apprentice.

She flicked her ears back as he spoke about how much he and lily did not get along.
She felt her heart thump thump a couple times.

She had never expected this. She had thought this vouching thing was just a formality that Leopardstar wanted and that it would be over in a matter of minutes. Now Lily was being dragged up on trial of sorts??!

This was the second sibling she had to watch get their name and reputation drug through the mud.

However, all at the same time, this was her apprentice and even if she belived his feelings and attitude to be misplaced she didn't want to make him feel unheard which was the only reason she had not drug him off by his scruff. She would let him speak, it was important that everyone got their opinions. Though she wished her apprentice and sister would just get along.

They could both get along with her why not each other?

The temptation to rebuke nettlepaw was high but she wouldn't do that now. Not in front of everyone, as his mentor she was also supposed to be in his corner of sorts too.

She let out a sigh looking between the two: once again she was caught between wanting to support her sibling and something else that came up.

It all reminded her all too much of Night and she felt her chest tighten and her stomach ache.

"please just get along" she whispered to only herself

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 13:39

Pineblossom

So it seemed Lilypaw was deemed ready—or just about ready—to earn her warrior name. Pineblossom had experienced no disagreements with Lilypaw since her return and so was going to voice her approval along with the other cats who had spoken when another apprentice, Nettlepaw, spoke out harshly. Pineblossom’s eyes widened in surprise. This didn’t sound like the Lilypaw she had become acquainted with, or even the Roseburn who lived here moons ago. It sounded like a different cat entirely—but Pineblossom was never one to dismiss things out of hand. Such ignorance if what led to terrible situations that their clan had encountered before.

She stepped forward and said, “If I may—I do not accuse Nettlepaw of lying, but the actions that he speaks of seem unlike the Lilypaw that I know, or even of her character before her disappearance. However, it is not unheard of for cats to act differently alone than in a group. For these accusations, which have been going on for apparent moons, to be brought up now, I would hope that they would have been brought up to Leopardstar or Sablestrike beforehand if the harassment was as personal and awful as Nettlepaw states it to be.” She spared a short glance at Lilypaw. Could she truly be as terrible as Nettlepaw painted her? “Given that these accusations have been put forth publicly rather than privately with our leaders, I ask Lilypaw to explain this behavior. I refrain from voicing my approval or objection to Lilypaw’s promotion until I hear from her—and, as it were, from Leopardstar or Sablestrike about if these problems have been brought up to them before now.”

If Nettlepaw had told the leader or deputy about Lilypaw’s supposed behavior and they had reprimanded her or simply done nothing about it, then that would sour her view. If they had already deemed the harassment to be exaggerated then what point was there in bringing it up again?
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 20:21

Lilypaw

Lilypaw waited on bated breath as Leopardstar requested for warriors to step forward to vouch for her. It was time to see just how her Clanmates thought of her.

Heatherberry was the first to step up. Lilypaw hadn't known what the medicine cat would say, they had not interacted much at all. But she had vouched for her. It took a lot of strength to stifle a laugh at the reason she gave for vouching, considering just who she was. It felt like before she had left, she had always been in the medicine den. But there was no way she was going to say that and risk Heatherberry rescinding her vouch.

Then Larkshine stepped forward. The cat that had come up to her, wanting to be friends, now stepped forward to vouch for her right to be a warrior. Lilypaw met her eyes with a smile, but she quickly turned away as she continued to speak.

She wouldn't hurt a fly.

Lilypaw looked at her paws in that moment, and her heart ached. In some ways, Larkshine was right. Lilypaw would never want to hurt any cat, not on purpose. But she couldn't help but think of the helpless kit, thrown about in the currents, dangling helplessly in her jaws. She thought of Batpaw, motionless under the pile of rubble as she desperately called for him, digging in the debris to no avail.

She had never done enough. She was not as innocent as Larkshine thought she was.

Finally, Nettlepaw stepped forward, and Lilypaw groaned. He just cannot leave her alone, can he? Cats were calling for an explanation. Fine, she would give it.

"It is no secret that Nettlepaw and I have not gotten along fairly well. We met when I found him arguing with Cloudpaw, who was still a kit at a time. The fight had escalated to the point that Cloudkit had attacked Nettlepaw, and so I intervened. I did not take a side in this conflict, yes, I did admonish Cloudkit for attacking a Clanmate. I also told Nettlepaw as an apprentice he should be the bigger cat. He immediately got angry, assuming that my stepping in was a personal attack against him. Yes, I admit, it is possible I did not have the full picture. From my perspective, I had found it frankly ridiculous that an apprentice was having a fight against a kit, and I acted accordingly.

I was woken one day when Cloudkit had called for Nettlepaw. Both Nettlepaw and I had been sleeping, and I will admit I was not in a fairly good mood having been woken. When I stepped out of the apprentice den, I had found all the moss in every den had been completely shredded. Not in the mood to deal with the kit responsible, I took the matter to Sablestrike. For some reason, Nettlepaw had sought fit to follow me, claiming that I would somehow pin the situation on him. At no point had I even claimed that Nettlepaw was involved, aside from a sarcastic comment saying his new friend had wanted him, seeing as it was his name Cloudkit had been calling. At no point had I said anything that this was Nettlepaw's fault, and yet he was still belligerent and intent on causing issues. He would later attack me on account of me telling lies about him, for some reason believe I was sullying his good name. I will admit that I did not react in a good headspace. I had not been in the Clan as long as I have been now, and upon being attacked, despite the lack of use of claws, I will admit I had momentarily saw him as one of the rogue I often encountered. I think it goes without saying, given my state upon arrival, that my time outside of the Clan was very difficult. I had to fight for my right to live. Having Nettlepaw attack me as I was trying to walk away, I once more believed I would need to fight for my survival. I am not proud of my reaction in those moments.

Our final interaction, Cloudpaw had decided she had wanted to leave camp. Older cats of the Clan who had been here during the flood that had swept the Clan away will know that in that event I had permanently hurt my leg. Nettlepaw was loudly making a show of stopping Cloudpaw from leaving camp, but seeing as I would need to go for a walk anyway in order to stretch my leg to avoid it causing me pain, I, in good faith, had offered to take Cloudpaw out with me, granted that she would stay close to me and do as I said. She did not, but that is a story for another time. This is the moment that Nettlepaw claims that I had used my age as a way of silencing him. I had claimed to him that I am still an older cat, and I knew just fine how to navigate the place that I had grown up. Despite my apprentice status as of right now, I had said I am still a very capable cat. Nettlepaw still very loudly disagreed, and had been very argumentative and petty. Originally I had not even spoken to him because of our past conflict. Nettlepaw still continued to push in an attempt to make himself look like some sort of hero. Nettlepaw has had a very warped view during every meeting as if everything I did to him was a personal attack against him, and clearly he truly believed it, considering his state now. I will tell you right now, that was never the case. Yes, during our final interaction I did at some point snap. I did say those things to him. I had told him that if he would shut his mouth, more cats would respect him, in a moment of anger. But I have never outright bullied him. I would not say losing my patience equates to me being cruel, and if any other cats believe I have affronted them I welcome you to step forward. But I have not forced anything upon Nettlepaw, I had never pressured or intimidated him, and if that is what he believes, then I am truly sorry. This is not a conflict I had wanted to be a part of, frankly, I had found it quite tiring."

She turned to Nettlepaw with a sigh. "I mean it when I say I am sorry. And I meant those words that I said in front of Sablestrike when I said it had nothing to do with you. And I am sorry if that is genuinely what you believed. So here is what I suggest. Let us just not speak to each other anymore. No more arguing, I will no longer try to step into things. We just avoid each other. Put all of this absolute mess behind us and be done with it. Does that satisfy you?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 0:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1245

PostSubject: [color=#660099][/color]   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 22:08

Sablestrike had been content with simply watching this ceremony in silence. If he were to speak up it would only put Lilypaw in a worse position, but luckily it seemed that the ceremony would be completed soon. At least until he saw Nettlepaw break from his group. The tom let out a deep sigh as he was forced to listen to the apprentice's complaints once more, and as Pineblossom spoke Sablestrike gave up the idea of a peaceful ceremony. One apprentice had already turned it upside down. It was as if he was a magnet for this sort of thing. What really took him by surprise however was the thorough explanation Lilypaw gave. It detailed the other instances that he hadn't been around to witness, and also told him that Lilypaw, an apprentice, had taken a kit out of camp without the company of a warrior. As she finally finished, Sablestrike rose to say his piece before anyone else could cut in.

"I have already spoken to Leopardstar about the relationship Nettlepaw and Lilypaw have. In my experience with handling these two, both have been antagonistic towards each other, but Nettlepaw has taken that a step further by attacking Lilypaw right in front of me. He has already been punished for this, and the matter has been brought up to Leopardstar as well. I am not disregarding Nettlepaw's claims, as I have seen the way they interact with each other, but I know that Nettlepaw is the more aggressive one when it comes to their childish fights. Lilypaw, as a former warrior and Nettlepaw's senior, should have distanced herself from her denmate the moment these squabbles started, and I should have done more to ease the tension between these two, but I've failed to do that." The blame for letting things get to this point was partially his. Perhaps he should have been stricter with Nettlepaw, or confronted Lilypaw to force her to avoid her fellow apprentice, but he had hoped the older molly would have been smart enough to do that on her own. "That fight was my first time learning about any of this, but I should have investigated this matter more thoroughly. I did what I thought was right at the time, but that clearly wasn't enough."

"Still, Nettlepaw does have a point. You have broken one of our rules in leading Cloudpaw from our camp, Lilypaw. Apprentices are not permitted to leave camp without being accompanied by a warrior, and by your own admission, you have have done just that. Even if you were once a warrior, you are not one now, so these rules still apply to you." He would let Leopardstar handle that. If Sablestrike kept going he would end up agreeing with Nettlepaw and objecting to Lilypaw gaining her warrior name. He hadn't spoken much with Lilypaw since her arrival, but what he had seen from her didn't make him want to vouch for her.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Output12                   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Output10                          Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

Characters : Mallowpaw[skc]; Stoatpaw[wc]; Batpaw[shc] --Copper was here <3
Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 7:05

BATPAW.if i get high enough, nothing can burn me.
"Sorry, Batpaw speaking." He cleared his throat and wriggled his way into the crowd to stand next to Nettlepaw. The tom was his denmate and the closest thing he had to a friend; they'd played together in the nursery and still did now every once in a while. He had to admit to himself that the way the white tom looked right now was absolutely pitiful, but he understood why. Clearly, Lilypaw had tormented this poor apprentice and now the Clan was turning their back on him. "We're going to believe someone who is effectively a stranger over our own Clanmate? She just told us she still thinks like she's a rogue. She's not fit to be ShadowClan if she can't think like ShadowClan. She's only apologizing right now because it's putting her at risk of failing to get her warrior name."

He brushed his tail along Nettlepaw's back, offering a slow blink to his friend. "Saying no cat respects Nettlepaw is a lie. In fact, I, Batpaw, respect Nettlepaw for standing up to his... His aggressor! I don't respect cats who put others down just because they got their whiskers in a twist. I'll never see her as ShadowClan if she's putting down my beloved Clanmates. I don't vouch for her, and I don't believe a word she says. Plus, she still reeks and she brought another mouth to feed in the middle of leaf-bare."

Batpaw huffed and sat himself down, bending his head to whisper to Nettlepaw. "We'll make sure she's out of here one way or another. I refuse to allow another cat here to make you feel inferior."
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 8:02

Crabpaw had gathered with the rest of the clan, quickly forgetting whatever task he'd briefly been set on for what Leopardstar had to say. Lilypaw's ceremony? He'd immediately glanced at Nettlepaw with the realization. At some point, his brother had mentioned the she-cat but he hardly remembered why. Nettlepaw said many words all the time and it was difficult to retain them all when his mind bounced in so many different directions. However, as he heard the accusations thrown around camp, something was sparked in the ginger-pelted apprentice. That was his littermate.

Boundless energy and untamed fury blossomed from the same place in Crabpaw, an inherent nature tapped into only at certain moments. If he had a tail, it would have been lashing relentlessly. His whole body shook with rage. Instead of addressing Leopardstar, or calling out in support of Nettlepaw and Batpaw, he turned on his heels towards Lilypaw and stopped short with their noses only a mouselength away. Looking cross down the bridge of his nose and with eyes burning with fury, and unusual look for the tom, he scowled.

"Lilypaw! Nettlepaw is a good cat and he's never attacked a clanmate before and always follows the code. He's my brother! I know! I don't know why you were gone for so long but you don't know how to be a Shadowclan cat!" His empassioned speech was one purely of frustration, lacking any sort of desire for formal arguments. All he wanted was to defend his brother and uphold the clan he had been born into. This was not it. Fury was written across his face, indignation. Logic didn't matter, all that mattered was defending his brother.

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 8:39

Leopardstar could only watch as chaos broke out among her Clan, even after Heatherberry and Larkshine spoke on Lilypaw's behalf; listening to what parts of the ongoing argument she could actually hear and understand. Pineblossom and Sablestrike both provided rational thoughts, and she did consider them as she thought over the arguments presented to her.

Once she felt it had all gone on long enough, though, she took a deep breath.

"Enough!"

After she was confident that she had regained her attention, she looked over each of the cats in question.

"I asked for genuine concerns, not petty personal grievances. Nettlepaw, if your problems were so serious, you should have come directly to myself or Sablestrike with them so they could be properly addressed, rather than continuing to provoke and antagonize someone you already knew you didn't get along with. Crabpaw, you don't have to agree with everything Nettlepaw says just because he's your brother. And Batpaw--while it's true that putting others down is cruel, isn't that also what you're doing right now? Quite frankly, the reason for her apology does not matter to me; as much as the fact that regardless of the reason, Lilypaw is taking accountability for her actions where the rest of you have clearly failed to. You may make mistakes. You may hurt others. And, most importantly, you have the chance to do better. That goes for every one of you."

Her tail lashed once. She'd always been bad at hiding her irritation; but it was rarely directed at her own Clanmates. "I would not keep any of you from that opportunity, and I will not withhold it from Lilypaw--Larkshine and Heatherberry have both vouched for her, a warrior in good standing and our own medicine cat. You do not have to like anyone, but I expect you to learn to live with them regardless. Most crucially, she has offered to leave you alone. If she truly had ill intentions, why would she do such a thing?"

She sighed, shaking her head, and then returned her attention to the cat she had intended to focus on today. "Lilypaw. Once upon a time, you swore a warrior's oath. Today I ask that you renew that vow. Do you swear to uphold the warrior code? To protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2216

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 20:02

Sniffling, Nettlepaw dried his tears as he heard Pineblossom speak up. For a moment he was hopeful that his story would be believed and all would be well, but then Lilypaw was speaking up, twisting the story of events, painting herself a victim, asking for him to accept her apology in front of the entire clan. He opened his mouth to tell her exactly where she could shove that apology and to point out all her lies, but then Sablestrike was speaking too. Was the deputy almost agreeing with him? And then Batpaw was by his side backing him up and Crabpaw was giving Lilypaw a piece of his mind. He felt warm and fuzzy, despite his upset that some cats were on his side. The tom sniffed again, maybe this time he would be able to speak, thank his supporters and set the record straight, except he was cut off again.

Nettlepaw's features morphed into a look of shock, as Leopardstar moved to continue the ceremony, as she reprimanded him and Batpaw, but Lilypaw? No, Lilypaw was fine. Nettlepaw began to splutter, stamping his feet because he didn't know how to get all the angry energy out, or to stop this. His eyes became wide, almost bugging out of his head as long ears lay flat against his skull. This was disgrace, and it had to be known. "Lilypaw is not taking accountability," he hissed "And she is lying." The tom fixed his eyes on the offending cat, he could have let it go if she hadn't spoken up, hadn't lied, hadn't defended herself with falsehoods. "It's no secret I attacked her, and I have taken accountability for it. I was angry and hurt from her lies and I wanted it to stop and I was taught to stand up to bullies, so when words weren't enough i used paw, but I did not use claws. I would never hurt a clanmate, I just wanted to be left alone. I may have been aggressive, but not once did I ever seek Lilypaw out, and I was only ever aggressive because she has always been cold and cruel to me. If Lilypaw wants to lie about why I acted how I did then I have no qualms about exposing the truth."

"The first I met Lilypaw I was doing my duties, bringing moss to the nursery. That's where I met Cloudpaw who was a kit, I asked to play mossball with her after finishing my chores and she was rude and then she squashed her mossball, and demanded I make her a new one as it was my fault. I refused and things escalated and she attacked me, and I went to leave the escalating situation. I did not do anything wrong. This is when Lilypaw inserted herself. She accused me of bullying and harassing this kit, of picking on someone younger. I was upset and yeah I was harsh about it, but if someone is yelling at you for something you didn't do I doubt you'd be happy either. She threatened to get Sablestrike involved, that she would tell him the things she was accusing me of.

"The second time we spoke it was because Cloudpaw had come looking for me while I was asleep, I wasn't quick enough to rise and so she tore all the moss she could find up, I had been asleep, I had done nothing at all and she still insisted on blaming me. She left to get Sablestrike and I was fearful that she would spread more lies to him that I would be in trouble for stuff I didn't do. I tried to tell Sablestrike I was innocent, but Lilypaw said I was dishonest and kept further insulting me, so that was when I lashed out. I received punishment and a very stern telling off from Swiftheart and Sablestrike, where I informed him of what she was doing... I don't know what happened with what I told him, but I did."

"The final time we met Cloudpaw was trying to leave camp unaccompanied, as no one else was there I did the right thing and stepped in. I told her it wasn't allowed, but then..."
he sighed, exasperated with Lilypaw's lies, with this whole thing. "Lilypaw showed up, she blatantly ignored me and everything I said and told Cloudpaw she would take her out. I reminded Lilypaw that she was an apprentice, that she couldn't do that, that it would endanger Cloudpaw. even now she sits there saying 'i was playing hero'. Sorry, I didn't know caring for my clanmates was wrong."

"This is the truth. I wont deny I was snappish or rude or that I defended myself physically from her accusations, but I will deny her baseless claims."
he hissed, standing tall "Lilypaw," he mewed directing his attention towards her, and away from the rest of the clan "It does not satisfy me. Is that petty? perhaps, but I stayed out of your way and you sought me out and you have just lied again. I can't trust your apology, and I can't trust you as a clanmate." The apprentice turned away from her to face Leopardstar "You can make her a warrior, I don't care, but when I'm right about this - which I will be - you were made aware of her character and you ignored it." Nettlepaw let out a huff, he felt constricted from the effort of saying all these things, and knowing deep down Leopardstar didn't care. His leader didn't care. He didn't even want to gloat if he was right, he just worried for what would come if it did happen.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 20:57

Lilypaw

More cats began speaking up for Nettlepaw, loudly accusing her of not being worthy of even being ShadowClan. Lilypaw couldn’t help the prickle of fear that ran through her spine at that thought. They wouldn’t kick her out over this, would they? Where would she go? ThunderClan just got out of a war, there was no way they would take her. And what would happen to Beetlekit?

She stilled as Crabpaw literally got right in her face. So maybe her breathing quickened at that action. So maybe she cast glances towards Swiftheart, because surely her big sister would save her from this? Swiftheart would always take care of her, right?

Leopardstar beat her to it, and as she began to speak, Lilypaw took a step back, creating some space between her and Crabpaw. That proximity had been a bit much for her, hopefully no one had seen her reaction to it.

Finally, Leopardstar had turned back to her, and for a moment, Lilypaw was speechless. She was still getting her name? Nettlepaw had begun speaking again, but it seemed so far away in that moment as she just stared in shock at her leader. Besides, some of what Nettlepaw was saying Sablestrike would know to be a direct contradiction to what had happened. She had gone right up to Sablestrike after that moss incident, he would know that she had not actually been lying about Nettlepaw in those moments like he was claiming.

So instead, she took the time to find her voice, finally speaking up as the old words fell off her tongue.

“I do.”

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Lilypaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next