Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Name Your Courage Now (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

Name Your Courage Now (c) Empty
PostSubject: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 21:39

Cricketkit sat in a small puddle of sunlight just outside the entrance to the nursery. Her thick tail swished lazily as she watched the warriors and apprentices go about their duties with half-lidded eyes. It was a bright clear day, and her pelt was beginning to come in thick and sleek to keep her warm. Her spot was perfect, the sun was warm against her fur, and she was within easy reach if Paledove called her back into the nest.

It was beginning to get a little cramped in the nursery as her and her littermates grew. Still, there was nothing better than being snuggled in a big warm pile with her siblings, except for maybe, a good sunning spot. She had her mossball too, resting by her back feet. She didn’t trust any of her littlemates not to steal it if she left it unattended in the nursery.

Speaking of littermates. She narrowed her eyes slightly as her sister tumbled out of the nursery. Cricketkit looked very much like Paledove with suspicion heavy in her mis-matched eyes. “If you even think about taking my moss again Ospreykit I’ll claw your ear.” The tabby and white kit said in her usual quiet cadence, the fur along her spine bristling.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Triangle

Triangle

Characters : Ospreypaw (Sk) | Emberkit (Tc)
Clan/Rank : Skyclan apprentice | Thunderclan kit
Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) EmptyThu 11 Jan 2024 - 21:57

Ospreykit thought just about every day was beautiful, but this one especially. Finally some good weather! Even Paledove agreed it was a perfect day to spend some time outside. Not that the queen couldn’t find other reasons to fret, but she was definitely in one of her better moods. She’d gently nudged Ospreykit outside with claims about the wonders of fresh air, or something. The kit hadn’t needed persuading. Once just about any idea was suggested to her she was ready to go, looking before leaping. And of course her momma knew what was best for her. So off she went, a grin accompanying her exit to the nursery as she trotted towards Cricketkit.

A warm greeting was abandoned before it started, cut off by her sister’s threat. “You wouldn’t! Momma’s right inside the nursery and she’d be maaad, you’ll get in big trouble.” She warned, eyes wide. Despite her bravado the kit backed up a few steps, protecting her precious ears. They flattened against her head out of reach from needle-like kitten claws. “And I wasn’t gonna steal it! I don’t even want it.”  She pouted at the accusation. Grabbing her siblings’ things was supposed to be a game. Something fun to make her littermates chase after her or start a play-fight. But sometimes they didn’t seem to get it, especially Cricketkit. Her puffed up tail reminded Ospreykit of a squirrel, one possessively stashing nuts for winter. “I just wanted to play too. Sorry for before.” She half-mumbled. Her gaze drooped to the ground, feeling guilty for her previous thievery. ”Can I sit with you? I’ll leave your mossball alone. Promise.”  Her golden eyes raised to look at Cricketkit and her ears stayed pinned back cautiously as she tried to prove her sincerity.

Last edited by Triangle on Thu 18 Jan 2024 - 21:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo ;-;)
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 6:56

Cricketkit narrowed her eyes further at her sister’s excuses. But they were kin, and it seemed that Ospreykit was at least partially genuine. Not that she didn’t expect her sister to snatch her mossball again when the opportunity arose. She dipped her head slightly. “I accept your apology.” She said quietly. Her sister’s dejected posture squeezed at her heart as much as it made her suspicious. She stood up, still bodily blocking Ospreykit from the mossball, and gave her littermate’s forehead a lick.

She flicked her brown and white tail in invitation. “Okay, we can sun together.” She gave her sister another side-ways glance, still wary, but settled back down in her previous sunning spot, curling her thick tail around the mossball for safe-keeping. Cricket set her chin on her paws, fur settling back down now that the threat had lessened. Very softly, Cricketkit's subdued voice broke the peaceful blanket of silence that engulfed them. "Can you believe we’ll be apprenticed soon?” She asked, one ear turned towards her sister.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Triangle

Triangle

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) EmptyFri 19 Jan 2024 - 21:40

OOC: I’m so sorry for the long wait! Promise I’ll be able to reply much quicker next time))

Ospreykit lightened at her sister’s gesture and cautiously lifted her ears again. “You really mean it?” A hopeful, relieved smile turned up the corners of her mouth. “I mean- ok!” She thought better than giving Cricketkit the chance to change her mind and hurried to join her in the sunbeam before she lost her sister’s favor.

She respectfully crossed to Cricket’s far side opposite the moss ball, still trying to prove she had no designs on it. A big stretch- longs legs sticking out in front of her -was of course required before she could properly settle into the bright rays. A contented purr rumbled in her throat as she sprawled next to her sister, tabby fur barely brushing Cricketkit’s similar brown and white pelt. This was nice. Better than getting her ears clawed for sure.

Ospreykit was barely settled before the mention of apprentice-hood had her excited again, fully back to her usual happy self. Though now her head shook slowly and her eyes were half-closed, relaxed. “Mm nope. I feel like we’ve been waiting foreverrr. For moons and moooons.” Osprey’s first words as a kit had been quickly followed by her mastery of hyperbole. But after so long with the paw suffix a far off dream, it was incredible to realize it might be approaching so soon.

”Wha’ do you think it’ll be like? Honeypaw said there’s a lot of hunting, you’ll be great at it I bet! ‘Cause you’re so good at catching stuff.” She flicked her tail to indicate the mossball as evidence. “And me too! We can go on patrol together and catch all the prey from here to the lake!” She envisioned boldly, tiny claws flexing at the thought of chasing real mice rather than moss ones.

Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 11:45

Cricketkit scooted just a little closer to her sister, leeching some warmth from her fluffy pelt. They looked like two matching bundles of tabby and white fur with their pelts fluffed up against the chill, but despite her suspicion, the she-kit couldn't deny she always felt a little safer with her siblings close. Of course, Ospreykit could easily play on her affection and use this as an opportunity to steal her mossball, but it seemed the distraction of apprenticeship has interrupted any plotting her sister may have been doing. Cricketkit huffed a quiet breath of laughter at the other kit’s enthusiasm.

“I barely feel old enough for it to be that close.” She said softly. The kit’s odd mis-matched eyes brightened at Ospreykit’s praise. She ducked her head, suddenly shy, but secretly she absolutely glowed at the thought that her sister was impressed with her. She wanted it to always be like that. “We’ll be unstoppable together.” She purred with a gentle mrrph of excitement. Struggling prey caught helpless between her claws, Ospreykit’s yellow gaze all proud and impressed with her prowess. Her fluffy tail flicked once at the thought. “I want to practice climbing, it seems peaceful in the trees.”

The two kits were cast in shadow as a warrior passed, and Cricketkit slunk a little bit behind her sister, ears flicking back briefly. “I dunno about mentors though.” She whispered, pressing herself closer to the ground, like she was trying to vanish into Ospreykit’s small shadow. “Mother doesn’t seem to trust most of them.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Triangle

Triangle

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 12:47

Unstoppable." Ospreykit nodded, eyes shining. “It does seem peaceful. I bet you can see so much from up there.” The kit tilted her head up to catch sight of the trees ringing the clearing. I grin pulled at her muzzle as she imagined digging her claws into bark, scaling one of the towering trunks to lounge triumphant among its branches. Like a true Skyclan warrior. What would that view be like so far from the ground?

She was pulled from her daydreams when a shadow passed over the pair and sent her sister into retreat. Ospreykit puffed up a bit, shifting to better hide Cricketkit. A growl started to rise in her throat in a familiar echo of Paledove before she tamped it down. It was strange how much of the queen’s overprotective instincts were instilled in such a friendly kit, cropping up when she felt her siblings threatened. She smoothed out her fur and settled back down once the warrior had withdrawn a safe distance.

“Well, whoever trains us, they’re our clan right?” She reasoned, doing her best to reassure her sister. Paledove’s distrust was, well, puzzling. Why did she glare at anyone who came near her kits yet simultaneously claimed Skyclanners were the best in the forest? It had left Ospreykit feeling rather lost, though in the end her friendliness won out. Of course she didn’t believe her mother could ever be wrong about anything… but at the same time Ospreykit wondered if maybe, maybe, Paledove would like other cats more if she gave them a chance? Everyone the kit had interacted with so far seemed perfectly welcoming after-all.

“We already know some of them are nice, like Wolfblossom.” She pointed out.  ”And Stormwatcher played moss-ball with me. I’m sure the other warriors are ok too.” Either way, she trusted Paledove to guide them through apprenticeship. Her mother was hard to figure out but Ospreykit did at least understand one facet of her. She would never let anything bad befall her kits. “Don’t worry, mama will look out for us. She’ll make sure we get good mentors.”

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Courage Now (c)   Name Your Courage Now (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Name Your Courage Now (c)
Page 1 of 1