Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A guide to tree hugging [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2222

A guide to tree hugging [c] Empty
PostSubject: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 5:37 am

”Psst, Honeypaw,” mewed Brackenpaw in a hushed voice, pawing at the snoring form of his sister. ”Wake up.” The tom jabbed her in the ribs a little harder, growing impatient. It was his first night as an apprentice, and he didn’t want to waste it sleeping when he could be training. Obviously that meant Honeypaw wasn’t allowed to sleep either. ”Get up, we’re going tree climbing.” he hissed continuing his prodding. After what seemed like an eternity his sister finally awoke, sleep sticking to her eyelids. Brackenpaw stared down at her blankly. Seriously?! She could sleep through a fox attack, and that wouldn’t do. Honeypaw had to be more alert, and ready to go at a moments notice if she wanted to survive and keep her brother sane. “C’mon then you hibernating hedgehog! The moon won’t stay out forever.” The apprentice turned on his heel, sparing a glance at Shatteredpaw’s sleeping form remembering the promise they made to each other. Another look at Honeypaw and Brackenpaw had made up his mind- that sneaking away at night to train was the correct move, even if the warriors would tell him it was dangerous. So, what?! ShadowClan train at night we have to be just as prepared as those bat freaks in case they attacks us! he argued to himself, becoming more annoyed at the stupid ideas leaders and warriors came up with. They definitely didn’t have the clans best interest at heart if they insisted they all slept at night.

The pair of apprentices didn’t have to travel far before Brackenpaw halted in his tracks. They found themselves in a copse of oaks and pine trees, with low reaching branches. With leafbare having caused them to shed their leaves it became easier to see the way to climb them, perfect for beginners. Brackenpaw was pleased with the little space he had found, and it wasn’t far from their camp either, so if Honeypaw got into trouble he could easily call for help. ”This will do nicely, are you ready Honeypaw?” he asked turning to face the she-cat.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

A guide to tree hugging [c] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 2:21 am

Honeypaw

Honeypaw was dreaming about a world filled with towering trees, where she leapt from branch to branch with the grace and agility of a seasoned warrior. It reflected her excitement and anticipation about her life as a new apprentice, where she could explore the heights of the trees and learn the skills needed to become a skilled SkyClan warrior. Unlike her waking life, here she felt free of all her anxieties and doubts. Each leap was confident and she soared to the next branch gracefully.

Honeykit felt the thrill of the wind rushing through her fur as she navigated the branches, each leap a testament to her newfound abilities. Imaginary prey darted through the canopy, and she chased after it with determination and focus. Prey scents filled her mouth as her eyes fixes on the branches above.

Suddenly, the branch below her paws lurched away, and she fell into a bramble thicket below. Ouch! Honeypaw growled. It felt like thorns were digging into her pelt!

Her dream fell away, and she blinked away sleep in the abrupt darkness of the apprentice's den. As she returned to the waking world, she felt her usual uncertainties and anxieties follow closely behind. As her eyes focused in the darkness, she found herself looking up at the blank expression of her beloved littermate, Brackenpaw, standing above her with one paw extended, poking at her side.

"Tree climbing?" Honeypaw echoed sleepily, and opened her jaws in an enormous yawn. She glanced over at the sleeping Shatteredpaw. Aren't we going to wake him? Despite her thoughts, she lifted herself to her paws and arched her spine in a long stretch before slowly padding after Brackenpaw, into the night.

As they traveled, the tall, knobby branches of the trees seemed much more imposing and threatening against the dim light of Silverpelt. They didn't look at all like the trees she saw in her dream. She couldn't imagine herself climbing these trees. The forest was so quiet this late at night, and the air and snow as so cold against her fur. Her pads stung. She squinted against the chilly air, and her breath billowed up in puffs as she trudged after her littermate.

This isn't at all how I imagined our first time out of the camp.

She almost ran straight into Brackenpaw as he came to a sudden halt. She looked up at the trees he was referring to. Their branches looked powerful and low-hanging. Certainly these could take our weight, she pondered. She turned her gaze back to her brother.

"I think so," Honeypaw mewed. "Could you please go first? Then I can watch you, and copy what you do. I'm not so sure I can get it on my own!" Her pelt pricked self-consciously at her request, but she held firm. She didn't want to appear weak or scared to Brackenpaw, but she also didn't want to get hurt. Surely if Brackenpaw showed her how to do it, everything would be fine.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 2:35 am

Brackenpaw regarded Honeypaw’s suggestion. “Okay.” he meowed moving closer to his tree of choice. Its branches hung particularly low, and if Brackenpaw tried hard enough he was certain he could launch himself onto the lowest of them, but he doubted Honeypaw could. If he wanted to protect her, showing off would not help. The cream tom flexed his muscles, his powerful bag legs tensing and sprung on to the trunk of the tree. His claws easily found purchase between the strips of bark, and he kicked at the slick surface with his back paws, further strengthening his grip on the tree. Brackenpaw was splayed across the tree, his forepaws encircling it in almost hug like fashion. When he felt comfortable he began to shimmy up the tree, using his powerful back legs to propel up the tree further, until he reached the first branch.

Brackenpaw tensed again, then pushed himself off the trunk and onto the thick branch, disturbing the blanket of snow and sending it cascading down to ground, probably landing on Honeypaw. “Sorry, Honeypaw!” he called down, one of the few apologies he’d ever said. The apprentice glanced back down seeing his sister watch him from below. With a loud yowl the tom jumped down from the branch and landed squarely beside his sister with a grin. ”Did you see what i did?” he asked cocking his head at the small she-cat “You want to use your powerful back legs to launch you, like you’re pouncing on a giant mouse, and then once you land on the tree, you have to dig your claws in deep. If you don’t you’ll fall back to the ground, and it hurts if you don’t land on your feet - trust me. The bark is extra slippy though thanks to this steaming foxdung pile of a season. Once you think you have a good grip use your back legs to keep launching yourself up the tree and your front paws to clamber further up and to keep purchase.” The cream tom crinkled his nose “I’ll be right behind you if you fall.” he added reassuringly gently bumping his sister.

-

Amber eyes flashed in the darkness, a foul mood prompted by hunger motivating the bird’s awakening. The shrill call of a cat, followed by the chatter or the tom and his companion caught its attention and it cocked its head, letting the sound travel more clearly towards it. Silently the owl took flight, gliding closer to the unsuspecting apprentices beady amber eyes waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 7:37 pm

Honeypaw

"You made it look so easy!" Honeypaw chirped as Brackenpaw landed beside her. She shook snow off her ears, her whiskers twitching with amusement. "I think I can do it!" She approached the tree and examined it for a good moment before launching her lithe body halfway up toward the first branch, her claws catching in the bark. She scrabbled a bit with her hind legs, showering the ground with bark as she struggled to find a claw hold. But she got one, and scooted herself up the trunk like she had watched Brackenpaw do.

"This is great!" she yowled, launching herself up to the first branch. "That was so fun! I wonder..." she trailed off, her eyes scanning the next branch. "I could even go higher! Watch me, Brackenpaw!" she bunched her haunches and gave another leap, easily making it to the next branch... and the next. She fastened her claws deep into the bark and looked down at her brother. "You look so little from up here!" she called down to him. For once, she felt confidence surge through her paws. This was something she could get used to!

Love Letter to WCC

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 2:53 am

Brackenpaw shrugged “I practiced.” he meowed truthfully. Honeypaw was already at the base of the tree by the time he’d responded, she seemed tentative, but also eager. The trees called to all cats of SkyClan and Honeypaw was no exception. Brackenpaw watched transfixed as his sister scurried up the tree, he had to trust her and their SkyClan blood, but as she got higher and higher the lump in his throat got worse. It was like he couldn’t breathe, seeing Honeypaw so close to real danger, and he had put her there. The lilac banded tom shook his head, Honeypaw had to climb she would never be a warrior if she couldn’t, and from the way she had caught on- far quicker than he had- it was clear she was a natural, meant to be flirting through the trees like a small bird. Brackenpaw couldn’t have stopped her if he wanted to.

With a proud smile, Brackenpaw watched as she climbed higher and higher, the tightness in his chest easing at her confidence. It took Honeypaw no time at all to be almost ten tail-lengths above him, she looked as tiny as a snowflake from where Brackenpaw stood. “Don’t get any higher!” he meowed launching himself into the tree and scurrying after her. “I’m coming up too.” Following after his sister for once, Brackenpaw hopped from branch to branch, paws out stretched and claws easily catching and releasing the branches as he flew through them. He’d be caught up to her soon.

-

The owl’s talons flexed around the branch it sat upon in anticipation. With every second it is prey edged closer and closer, so unaware of its deadly presence. Both cats were within stricken h distance, but the owl was starving it didn’t want to leave it up to chnace, all it had to do was wait. The moment to strike would come soon enough.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 12:22 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw watched her brother scurry up the branches to catch up with her, and she felt a surge of pride in her chest. She felt as light as a feather up here. "I wont," she replied, tail flicking, and turned her gaze to sweep over the landscape before her. From up here, she could see the SkyClan camp and the lake, over there! Its calm surface reflected the waxing form of the moon. The wind rustled her fur and she took in a deep breath.

"This is the best night ever!" she trilled, looking up as Brackenpaw got closer to her. "Thanks, Brackenpaw. What's next?"

Love Letter to WCC

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 8:27 am

Brackenpaw didn’t answer, jumping higher into the canopy, easily gripping onto the branch. He was laughing, giddy from the rush and the freedom that being in the trees granted him as a true SkyClanner. His being thrummed with energy, pelt crackling with the energy. Laughing, the tom pushed himself to the next branch, eyes focused. Waiting for that moment of landing, but it never came. At first he felt himself gliding, faster than ever, but then the air changed and his side was searing in pain.

Brackenpaw screamed, his vision going white, and paws scrambling, clawing at an enemy he wasn’t aware of. “Honeypaw!” he yowled desperately as he plummeted to the ground

-

There! The owl swooped, talons outstretch, perfectly on target. It wouldn’t miss its mark. With a sharp, tug it felt its talons grip into the flesh of it is prey, and the rush of warmth as cat’s blood began to seep onto its claws. But, it hadn’t accounted for the weight of the cat in its grasp. It was surprisingly much too heavy, its lean build hiding pure muscle. The owl felt its grip lessen, and the weight of its prey dragging it down and down until it was diving for the ground. The white dusting of snow rising up at an alarmingly fast weight.It flung its wings out, attempting to slow its fall, but to little avail.

With a high pitched screech, the bird of prey crashed into the ground. Brackenpaw tumbling out of its paws. The snow rose in a cloud around the owl, silhouetting it is powerful form. The owl flared its wings and screeched threateningly, focusing now on both cats.

-

Snow was not soft when crashed into from such a height. There was no softness or comfort for Brackenpaw as he felt himself slam into the white slab beneath him. There was pain everywhere, but he realised he was free. With the adrenaline of his fear and pain striving him forward. He scrambled backwards and away fr the owl. His pelt was raised, and the tom’s vision refocusing on his enemy. ”Honeypaw! Down here! I need help, please!” screeched Brackenpaw his voice cracking in fright. The apprentice had never been so terrified, havung never feared for his own life. His fear scent disgusted him, and his body betrayed him. Please, Honeypaw save me. he thought. Brackenpaw faced the owl, claws unsheathed, but his tail between his legs. Ironically begging desperately for the sister he thought of weaker than him to save him.

Owl used swoop on Brackenpaw dealing -9 HP and costing - 15 SP!

Owl

30/30 HP
75/90 SP (-15 SP)

Brackenpaw

11/20 HP ( -9 HP)
100/100 SP

Honeypaw

20/20 HP
100/100 SP

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 11:29 am

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's eyes widened into saucers as she watched in horror as Brackenpaw was swiped off his branch by the silhouette of a very, very large bird, its eyes gleaming maliciously in the moonlight. Every hair on her pelt stood on end as her brother's shrieks and cries penetrated the still leafbare air like icicles, shattering the serene and enjoyable night the siblings had been sharing. She watched, stunned, as the enemy fell to the forest floor, Brackenpaw still in its grip.

How could this happen?

"Brackenpaw!!" she yowled, leaping down from branch to branch until she felt she was low enough to pounce straight on top of the predatory bird. Her lips wrinkled in a vicious snarl, eyes narrowed as her thoughts whirled, trying to determine how to land her jump. "I'm coming, Brackenpaw!" she promised her brother, her voice stony with fury. "Hey, fox heart," she hissed down at the owl.

Just then, as the owl's head swiveled to see the apprentice staring down just above its head, Honeypaw leaped off her branch, claws outstretched, throwing her entire weight onto the great bird, pinning its huge wings into the snow with a great yowl.

"Brackenpaw, now! I've got it!" Her eyes flashed desperately for her brother's help, blood roaring in her ears. Surely the two of us can defeat this creature if we work together? she thought.

Honeypaw used Leap and Hold, causing 6 damage and -15 SP.
Rolling effect die... rolled 1, pinning the Owl for 1 turn!

Owl
24/30 HP (-6)
75/90 SP

Brackenpaw
11/20 HP
60/60 SP

Honeypaw
20/20 HP
60/45 SP (-15)

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15101

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 11:29 am

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

A guide to tree hugging [c] Mistpe10
A guide to tree hugging [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 4:46 am

The owl flailed helpfully beneath Honeypaw's claws, contorting its body to avail to throw her off. The young cat was stronger than it had expected. Its talons craped against empty air, trying to land a blow, but she was just out of its reach. Amber eyes full of malice bore into the cream apprentice, promising something vengeful.

the Owl is no longer stunned!

His saviour came from above in the form of his sister, dropping down on the foxhearted beast and slamming it back down into the snow. For a moment, Brackenpaw couldn't move tryint to process what he had just seen, and his own pain. He watched in shock, but Honeypaw's grip was slipping, and he couldn't let the owl gain the upper hand again. The bird was down, and Brackenpaw intended to keep it that way.

Pushing the pain in his side tot the back of his mind, Brackenpaw surged forward snapping brutally at the owls wings and face.  His jaws clamped down on the owl's flesh, and he felt the metallic taste of blood rush into his mouth hot and thick. The tom gagged, a wave of nausea rolling over him, throwing him back to when he was a defenceless kit. A new fear washed over him, and his fearful blown eyes darted to Honeypaw as she held the bird down fast. Her grip unwavering, but her strength tiring. Brackenpaw couldn't do this. The smell of blood, and the taste in his mouth throwing everything off, and sending his sense and head reeling.

The tom released his clamp on the bird, and retreated backwards, chest heaving and head between his forepaws. Don't be sick, Don't be sick, Hold it together. Keep Honeypaw alive. Do your duty. Brackenpaw swallowed the rising bile, and fixed the owl with a snarl. He watched the owl flex beneath, Honeypaw and quickly realised there time was up "Honeypaw! Get out of there! It is about to break free!" he yowled

Brackenpaw used Snap on the Owl dealing - 6HP and costing - 7SP

Owl

18/30 HP ( - 6 HP)
75/90 SP

Brackenpaw

9/20 HP
53/60 SP ( - 7SP)

Honeypaw

20/20 HP
45/60 SP

OOC:
I haven't done this in a while, but I think Brackenpaw and Honeypaw can attack again, and then the owl can attack. So it is back to the original turn order before the owl was stunned.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 9:12 pm

OOC: Mid, it looks like Brackenpaw should have 11 HP, not 9 HP. I don't see where he would have lost 2 HP, so I gave it back to him below!

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's mind reeled at the scent of blood, but she refused to give up her pawhold until the last moment. Her brother gave it a good wound, and despite her fear, her chest began to swell with adrenaline to protect her brother.

"No way am I going anywhere without you!" she hissed, stepping back as the owl broke free of her hold. It was wounded badly, thanks to Brackenpaw. She lashed out again at the owl, snagging her claws deep in the bird's feathers as it screeched in pain, making Honeypaw visibly cringe.

Honeypaw uses Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and -7SP.

Owl
12/30 HP ( - 6 HP)
75/90 SP

Brackenpaw
11/20 HP
53/60 SP

Honeypaw
20/20 HP
38/60 SP (-7SP)

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 10:12 am

Its feathers of speckled tans, and pristine white were now splattered crimson with its own blood. Its chest was marred withclaw marks, and from its wing blood dripped staining the snow beneath it. With a screech the owl surged upwards, back onto its feet. Its beady eyes dragged over its former prey, now its attackers. Only one had been harmed, but both were panting heavily, clearly the exhaustion of fighting a beast as powerful as its self was starting to take hold. Something had to be done about the state of the smaller cat, her lighter frame would make her easier prey. The owl did not plan on leaving hungry tonight. It would find a meal.

Beating it is huge wings and letting out an ear-splitting screech the owl took to the skies. It hovered above both cats, a menacing presence just out of reach. Flight wasn't as easy as before, the searimg pain made the owl dizzy and its movements slow, but it had to eat. Had to hunt. Food would heal it, help in regaining its strength. Suddenly it broke into a dive, outstretched talons reaching for Honeypaw's cream pelt. In one swift movement Its talons secured around Honeypaw, digging in and then the owl swooped upwards, Honeypaw still in its grasp.

But the owl was week, its wings fighting frantically fighting to drive it upwards and away from Brackenpaw. It couldn't handle the sudden weight, nor its sudden lack of strength, only making it a few tail-lengths into the air, before careening and crashing into the trunk of the pine beside it.

The owl dropped. Honeypaw, the she-cat falling onto the branch below. The owl managed to control its descent and landed as smoothly as a wounded bird could.

Owl used Swoop on Honeypaw dealing -9 HP and costing -15 SP

Owl

12/30 HP
60/90 SP (-15 SP)

Brackenpaw

11/20 HP
53/60 SP

Honeypaw

11/20 HP (-9 HP)
38/60 SP

Brackenpaw didn't have time to process what just happened. One minute he and his sister had the upper hand, the next Honeypaw was dragged up into the air. She was out of his reach, and he couldn't move fast enough his movement hindered, and his pelt sodden and sticking to his skin from his own frozen dried blood. The tom's paw were moving, but his mind was not computing anything that he had just witnessed. All he could focus on was saving Honeypaw, and tearing the stupid pigeon's wings off. It was more than a little relieving that the owl was struggling.

He reached the roots of the tree and was rapidly launching himself through the branches, closer and closer to the owl. The tom was starting to gain, and the owl's flailing movements couldn't drag it any higher. Quite the opposite, it began diving straight towards Brackenpaw, The tom dodged the falling creature, with a whisker to lose, claws snagging on the branch above. Brackenpaw twisted around, watching Honeypaw land safely, a tail length below him and the owl even closer. His ears fell back flat against his head. Time to end this.

With a yowl, Bracken flung himself down towards the owl, using a move that had never worked before but praying just this once it would pay off.

And finally, finally it did.

His claws dragged along the owl's belly, opening up several long deep cuts. Brackenpaw's claws tore through the owl like it was nothing. One more blow and it would be done for. Honeypaw could do the honours. The tom landed beside his sister, chest heaving. Their was still a queasiness to the sight of blood, but his other emotions were winning, and he was starting to feel his head clear. "Up to you Honeypaw." meowed Brackenpaw glancing at his sister

Brackenpaw used Belly Rake on Owl dealing -10 HP and costing - 25 HP

Brackenpaw
11/20 HP
28/60 SP (-25 SP)

Owl

2/30 HP (-10 HP0
60/90 SP

Honeypaw

11/20 HP
38/60 SP

Last edited by Midnee on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15101

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 10:12 am

The member 'Midnee' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

A guide to tree hugging [c] Mistpe10
A guide to tree hugging [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 1:00 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw shrieked as the owl's sharp talons pierced through her skin, pulling her from the safety of the ground.
"Brackenpaw!!" she cried out, her voice strangled with pain. She grabbed hold of the branch as the owl lost control and crashed through the branches. She dug her claws deep into the bark to regain her balance, her tail lashing. The young apprentice was in pain, sides heaving, blood gushing from multiple wounds where the owl's huge talons had punctured her. Her vision spun. She was aware of Brackenpaw coming down on top of the great bird - how did he get up there so quickly? - and dug his hind claws through the owl's flesh. Up to me? She blinked at her brother, vision starting to recover. The animal looked badly injured. Is was barely holding onto the branch.

"What a mistake you made," she growled bitterly, "thinking you could turn cats of SkyClan into prey!" She swiped out, claws extended. She winced as they made contact, slicing through the flesh with ease.

Honeypaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and -7 SP.
The owl has been defeated!

Brackenpaw
11/20 HP
28/60 SP

Owl
0/30 HP (-6)
60/90 SP

Honeypaw
11/20 HP
31/60 SP (-7)

The giant bird plummeted through the branches and disappeared in a puff of snow below.
Honeypaw looked at her brother, her pale blue eyes huge and clouded with uncertainty. She opened her jaws to speak, but nothing came out. Her legs began to shake, and she carefully lowered herself, branch by branch, down the tree until she was comfortingly back on the ground, beside their fallen enemy. Her legs gave in then, and she laid down in the snow beside it, staring in disbelief. What just happened?

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 10:19 am

The owl saw the flash of claws, and the blood blooming against it is downy white feathers, moment before the searing hot pain completely wracked its consciousness. It had been a fool, and as the world began to tilt and its grip on its perch loosned, the owl knew it had paid the ultimate price. The hunter had become the hunted, There was no slowing its descent, no escaping. The owl screeched as it fell, as its legs kicked out uselessly, and it flapped its broken wing futilely. It hit the snow with a loud crunch, but its movements had stilled before then. At least it had died before the impact.

Owl is dead!

Brackenpaw watched as the owl fell, his insides tied up in knots. He moved to begin his descent, but he was so dizzy and he could feel his stomach contracting strangely. "What the-" Brackenpaw didn't finish his sentence as he vomited up the contents of his stomach. This was not a good look for him. He stood there frozen, swaying trying to process everything that had occurred. He had never felt this light headed before, and he could feel his body threatening him again.  Brackenpaw looked between Honeypaw, and the owl. Honeypaw was alive. The owl was dead. Everything was okay, and now they had food for the clan. If anything this had been a win. So then why did he feel so ill and shaky? "I just need a..." panted Brackenpaw suddenly raising a paw to stop himself from hurling again.

It took several moments for Brackenpaw to compose himself, and for the queasiness to fade. He still felt unsteady, but it would have to suffice. The cream tom glared at Honeypaw, but she looked as upset as he felt. At leasts he hadn't thrown up though, he supposed that was something, the apprentice shook his head, hoping she would understand what he was trying to convey. Shakily he began jumping from branch to branch towards the forest floor.

He approached the body of the owl with Honeypaw. The sight of the growing red pool around the bird from the wounds inflicted by him and his sister, did nothing to quell his inner turmoil. Brackenpaw just kept staring and staring.

They had done that.

He'd taken the lives of prey before, but never... why was this different? did Honeypaw feel the same? Brackenpaw looked at his sister collapsed on the ground. Neither of them had enjoyed this. They had to return to camp though. Gently he nudged Honeypaw, his eyes gentle as opposed to his previous harsh glare. "Come on," he mewed, helping her up "We better go back to camp, and show off our efforts. You take one wing and I'll take the other- that way we're sharing the burden." Brackenpaw moved away from Honeypaw, and positioned himself beneath the owl's wing. He pushed up, supporting the weight of the great beast over his back, and waited fot Honeypaw to do the same.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide to tree hugging [c]   A guide to tree hugging [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

A guide to tree hugging [c]
Page 1 of 1