Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

We've All Lost Roses[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3222

We've All Lost Roses[C] Empty
PostSubject: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 20:44

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

Sootstorm had not left the WindClan group once since the journey started, either training Molepaw, keeping an eye on the kits, spending time with Tallpaw, or sharing tongues with Fennelbreeze. It was almost as if they never left the forest, and yet everything had changed. This particular day, Molepaw was out on patrol with another warrior, Tallpaw was no where to be seen, probably with Goldenpaw somewhere, and Fennelbreeze too was on patrol. Left with nothing to do, the dappled tom settled on lingering along the edges of the other Clans, chatting with those that seemed just as free as him while he passed. The tom suddenly found himself facing the ThunderClan leader, and with an embarrassed smile dipped his head in greeting.

Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4941

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 13:26

Mottlestar
“May the stars light our paths.”

It had been quite difficult, all things said and done, for Mottlestar to be able to fully set aside the prejudices that had been imbued in her towards Windclan since what had happened beneath Shrikestar's reign. Batsong's actions still haunted her nightmares on occasion, and she still felt its effects lingering in distrust to this day. As such, she had put up her guard whenever venturing near them, even if Smallstar had been nothing but a friendly face. Part of her felt he had been too friendly-to the point she could not trust him. But he was not his predecessor, and as such, she had to not let such emotions tamper the potential of the future.

As she had been passing on her own right to search for either Perchstar or Acornstem, it wasn't long before a speckled Windclanner had passed her way. Tipping her head briefly as a response to his greeting, she gave a slow blink to show her amnesty. After all, she'd put her own rules in place to not cause trouble. "Hello there~" Her greeting was friendly, the signature tone the Thunderclan leader took when interacting with any cat showing that she had no desire to be any semblance of a threat. "Is the journey treating you well? Can I assist you at all?" A cat's leader. That was who Mottlestar was. Always looking out for others, even if they did not pledge allegiance to her reign.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 10:28

Mottlestar was as kind and caring as he had seen from the Gatherings. A small part of him admired the ThunderClan's leader ability to be so caring and so firm at the same time, and maybe he wanted to be like her in a way. "The journey has been treating me better than most. How have you been fairing?" Sootstorm replied in the same tone he uses to address a fellow clanmate. Mottlestar seemed as free as he was, and if she wasn't he wouldn't stand in her way. But for now, they could enjoy a friendly conversation, couldn't they?

Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 11:38

Mottlestar
“May the stars light our paths.”

Though there were always things that she could be doing, there were certainly times for her to step away from duties. After all, only ever working would be what would drive her into the ground, and she'd already lost a few lives to remind her of that. Starclan was in no shortage of reminders that a leader was still a cat, and that meant taking the time to be a friendly face to those that they passed by during this journey. So as the opportunity presented itself, Mottlestar found herself more than amiable towards the idea of simply seizing the chance for discussion. "I am certainly glad to hear that it's been kind to you, so much tragedy has seemed to run its claws over the forest. We take the blessings where we can find them." Her words were affirmed by a solid nod.

Even if she had to tilt her head upwards to be able to talk to the tom, his gentle demeanor certainly reminded her much of her own. Windclan needed more cats with that kindness. "As for myself? Well, the work never stops. I haven't had to stop yet, though, so I suppose that's a good thing." Even if her hind leg hurt her more often than not, that wasn't something for the tom to need to know. "Though I am sure you know who I am, I'm Mottlestar. I know you're from Windclan- but mind if I ask your name? In all truth I make no promises to remember it, since I know about half the forest, but I promise I'll do my best."

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 3:14

Sootstorm found that the conversation flowed naturally, the words from both of them coming forth so easily. They were weightless, easy to swallow and easier to say. He allowed himself to smile as he conversed with Mottlestar. Who knew that the ThunderClan leader would be so kind to an outsider? "My name is Sootstorm, but don't worry about remembering. Hopefully, you will never have to say it," He answered, voice carrying a joking tone. He couldn't imagine a scenario where the ThunderClan leader would have to say a WindClan warrior's name, not unless said warrior did something wrong, which was unlikely if it was Sootstorm.

Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 21:51

The tortoiseshell leader couldn't help the cuff-like laughter that bubbled out of her at the joking tone of the Windclan warrior-Sootstorm, as she found out he was named-before giving the slightest shake of her head. "Sootstorm, I shall do my best to remember. Perhaps one day I'll be greeting you with the leaders. The Stars know that the Clans need friendly, welcoming faces." She'd begun to see the patterns emerging in leadership for cats with those traits. Poppyshine, Riverclan's deputy, certainly shared a lot of the traits that Mottlestar herself had. Not to mention her own deputy, Acornstem, was particularly kind-hearted. She didn't know much about Shadowclan's deputy, but Leopardstar certainly felt like a comforting queen when compared to the stoic and harsh Nightstalker that had come before her. Tilting her head to the side, the molly couldn't help but keep the conversation going. "What's the best way to catch a rabbit? Since we aren't certain what prey we'll all have as we travel, I'm curious." She wanted to be able to be useful to her own Clan, even if her main purpose was her leadership.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 3:44

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm was taken aback by the mention of finding him among leaders, but he laughed it off. Smallstar had just begun his leadership, and Tigerdance was still young. It'd be ages till a new deputy would be considered, and there were plenty of options better than him. "I'm glad you think so," He acknowledge the praise anyway. Such high words from an enemy Clan's leader must mean something. His ear twitched, as if to confirm what he was hearing. The ThunderClan leader, asking how to hunt rabbits? That would be like a WindClan cat asking how to climb trees, or a ShadowClan warrior asking how to fish. Well, he supposed it was a useful information, and he had no need to gatekeep it anyway. "The most important part is really just to be fast, in both your reflexes and paws. You can work in pairs, that's how we teach most of our apprentices at first," He suggested, listing what he'd tell any new apprentice or mentor. Come to think of it, he had done this many times before, to the point that it felt like second nature.

PostSubject: Re: We've All Lost Roses[C]   We've All Lost Roses[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

We've All Lost Roses[C]
Page 1 of 1