Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

What the eyes dont see (Open)

Go down 
+2
Romantica
Little Grinch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Little Grinch

Little Grinch

Characters : littleflower (L) Patchdream (P) Skunkpaw(S) Sandpaw (Sa) quietkit (Q)
Clan/Rank : Skyclan T2 Warrior (L)Skyclan Perma Queen (P) Shadowclan Apprentice (S) thunderclan Apprentice (Q) Unborn WC Kit
Libra Goat
Number of posts : 389

What the eyes dont see (Open) Empty
PostSubject: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptySun 20 Aug 2023 - 12:15

Skunkpaw padded slowely into camp, tawnyshadow leading him with her tail. His eyes were closed, blood dripping down, sometimes landing on his paws as he walked. Skunkpaw made no sound as the pain was too much, even though someone would have to explain what happened. He could sense cats approaching, tawnyshadow stopping, and a lot of gasps. "It was just a skunk, im fine everyone.... Just having trouble seeing..." he mewed not even knowing if he was looking at someone or just open space. He hoped tawnyshadow didnt get in too much trouble but at the moment skunkpaw only cared about saving his eyes.
Skunkpaw ♡ Shadowclan

|Sandpaw [20/60] Thunderclan
|Quietkit [10/30] WIndclan
What the eyes dont see (Open) Untitled154_20231108090726
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1245

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyWed 23 Aug 2023 - 0:43

Sablestrike grew stiff as Tawnyshadow entered camp, the smell of blood close behind. A growl rumbled in his throat moments before he spoke. "Heatherberry, we need you!" The warrior shouted over the gasps and chatter of his clan. He wasn't sure what it was he was feeling. It was some mix of fear and anger; fear that the apprentice's wounds might not heal, anger that Tawnyshadow had been with Skunkpaw and let this happen. It all seemed a bit too familiar for his taste too. Still, until his medicine cat confirmed the worst Sablestrike would hold onto hope.

The tom took steps toward Tawnyshadow, stopping just a tail-length away. "Heatherberry is going to treat Skunkpaw, and while she does that you will tell me what happened. If something is even slightly wrong with that apprentice's eyesight by the time he's done being treated there will be harsh consequences, understand?" The tom was already planning punishments suitable for her, but he would wait for her to tell her story first. Sablestrike let his gaze float toward the apprentice's bloodied eyes, then to the tiny puddle of blood that was starting to form at his paws. He was really hoping that wound was superficial, more for Tawnyshadow's sake than anything else.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

What the eyes dont see (Open) Output12                   What the eyes dont see (Open) Output10                          What the eyes dont see (Open) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 22:21

Rookfire heard Sablestrike's call for Heatherberry and immediately jumped up. He wasn't exactly a ShadowClan medicine cat anymore, the black tuxedo rushed down to see what was going on. "What happened?" the black tuxedo asked, turning to the other cats. Another cat - no, two cats, one had his eyes closed for some reason - were with Sablestrike. One was Tawnyshadow, and the cat with his eyes closed was Skunkpaw, if he remembered correctly. The smell of blood was ripe in the night, but it seemed... faint, not like a grievous injury or-

Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no, no, no.

As he looked closer, he realized Skunkpaw was bleeding from his eyes. Rookfire had never dealt with that as a medicine cat, but he did know that eyes were sensitive, and it didn't take a genius to realize this was horrific for StarClan. Maybe, if StarClan was watching over him, Skunkpaw would escape with at least some of his eyesight, but Rookfire knew it wasn't likely.

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

What the eyes dont see (Open) Image10
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 Battle-Trained MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T4 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4478

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 23:49

It didn't take long to learn that having your name called while in a medicine cat position only meant disaster. This was one of those unfortunate times. Sablestrike's call rang loud and clear, and no time was wasted in appearing when summoned.

Tawnyshadow caught her eyes first before finding the bloodied face of Skunkpaw heartbeats behind the warrior. Her face wrinkled in pity. "Oh, dear boy..." His eyes were almost unrecognizable under all the pooling blood - scratches so deep it didn't take a medicine cat to come to the conclusion that they were unsalvageable. Still, she would do what she could. Disappearing into her shared den once more, Heatherberry soon returned to Skunkpaw's side with herbs: a poultice of celandine fused with goldenrod, poppyseeds for pain, and cobwebs to hold it all together and stop the bleeding.

Setting down a leaf that held poppy seeds in front of the wounded apprentice, Heatherberry swatted away some cats who had begun crowding with her tail. "Chew these and swallow. They're for the pain and to help you sleep later. I've also created a poultice that I'm going to apply to your eyes that may be uncomfortable, but-" She gave a warning hiss to clanmates who didn't get the memo that this wasn't some free show before continuing. "Try not to fight me while I apply it. It may sting just a little." Making sure the poppy seeds were finished, Heatherberry made quick work of stopping as much of the blood as she could and applying the gooey herb mix, finishing it off with padding Skunkpaw's eyes with cobwebs and some wrapped around his head to secure them properly. "...Tawnyshadow, why don't you explain to Sablestrike what in stars name happened while I get this boy to a proper bed, hm? Come, little one." Black fur flanked Skunkpaw's single-stripped pelt in am effort to guide him back to a patients nest within the medicine den.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

What the eyes dont see (Open) JGgdMsS What the eyes dont see (Open) JGg3TFt What the eyes dont see (Open) J0ieN9e What the eyes dont see (Open) JGg3GK7 What the eyes dont see (Open) JGg2WjR

What the eyes dont see (Open) JcTsSP1  What the eyes dont see (Open) JcnAVnI What the eyes dont see (Open) Grub_f10What the eyes dont see (Open) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Little Grinch

Little Grinch

Characters : littleflower (L) Patchdream (P) Skunkpaw(S) Sandpaw (Sa) quietkit (Q)
Clan/Rank : Skyclan T2 Warrior (L)Skyclan Perma Queen (P) Shadowclan Apprentice (S) thunderclan Apprentice (Q) Unborn WC Kit
Libra Goat
Number of posts : 389

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyFri 25 Aug 2023 - 8:33

Skunkpaw had no idea what was going on as there was too many voices but he at least heard heatherberry. He did as he was told at chewed on the poppy seeds, not liking the taste at all. He knew heatherberry warned him but he couldn't help but let out a painful yelp when shs put it on his eyes. He slowely, with the help of her, padded towards the medicine den hoping this was all just a dream.
Skunkpaw ♡ Shadowclan

|Sandpaw [20/60] Thunderclan
|Quietkit [10/30] WIndclan
What the eyes dont see (Open) Untitled154_20231108090726
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptySun 27 Aug 2023 - 10:52

Sunflare sprinted to his mate’s side. He’d never seen Skunkpaw as his own son, after all it had been Tawnyshadow’s idea to take him in, but his mate was clearly distraught. Before he could reach her though, several others gathered around. Sunflare knew he wouldn’t be able to salvage that situation. Making eye contact so she knew he was there, Sunflare turned from his mate and followed Skunkpaw and Heatherberry to the medicine den.

“Is there any way I can be of assistance?” he asked.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyTue 29 Aug 2023 - 20:07

Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our power

She had rushed Skunkpaw back to camp as soon as she had dealt with the predator. Her heart was in her chest as she led the young tom through the woods. She had not expected the skunk to be so fast, nor had she expected the tom to notice it so slowly. But she had noticed the skunk... and the only reason she had not done anything was because she had wanted Skunkpaw to try.

She had been so foolish. She pushed Skunkpaw too hard, expected too much of him. Her mind flashed to her daughters, to her previous apprentice. Had she been too hard on them as well? Had she made them do things past their capabilities? For the first time, Tawnyshadow couldn't find an answer. Had she been a monster after all?

Skunkpaw's words stung her heart like thorns. Trouble seeing? His whole face was a bloody mess. Would it be too much to hope that it was just blood, and that his eyes were perfectly fine? "I'm here," She mewed instantly, moving closer to the striped tom. Her tail reached for his, to comfort him, but she hesitated. What if she caused more harm than comfort?

Other warriors rushed forward, making the choice for her. Heatherberry wisked the apprentice away from her before she could say anything. Sablestrike was demanding an explanation, as were many other cats. Voices clashed all around her, and for the first time Tawnyshadow began to understand how Leopardstar had felt when she had brought home the bodies of her dead kits. Leopardstar had broken down then... and she wasn't about to do the same.

Tawnyshadow straightened herself. Her stomach fluttered with nervousness as she faced the deputy. Sunflare would make sure that Skunkpaw was okay, she trusted him. "I took him out for an assesment. He was hunting, and I noticed the scent of a Skunk. I wanted to test Skunkpaw's battle reflexes, so I only stood ready to attack should something happen. I didn't expect the first strike from the predator to go straight for his eyes. I thought he would be able to dodge it. As soon as he was hit I fended off the skunk and brought him back here," She recounted. Each word was a claw to her chest, reminding her yet again of all the mistakes that she has made in those few heartbeats. How had she messed up this badly?

"I... I accept full responsibility for this incident. I made many mistakes, and Skunkpaw suffered because of that. Any punishment you deem fit... I will accept," Never before had she imagined that she would utter such words. The mere thought that she had been wrong, that she had caused such a mess was... simply foreign.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 14:45

Snowfoot parted the crowd slightly and approached Tawnyshadow. The tortoiseshell had wormed her way into Snowfoot’s heart as a kit and she felt a certain affection for her. She needed to see if she was all right, especially as she saw her own nephew leave his mate to check on their son.

“We all make mistakes, Tawnyshadow,” she purred, with a lick on the ear. “Sometimes, it means tragedy, like a war or even a single cat being injured. What’s important is admitting your mistake. Sablestrike,” her voice shifted to a whisper, turning to her son. “This is her son who’s gotten hurt. I’m not saying don’t punish her, but please don’t be too harsh until we know if he’s okay.”
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1245

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 16:07

The tom gave Heatherberry a nod as she guided the young apprentice toward the medicine den. Her help was greatly appreciated, especially since it would keep Burdockroot away from this situation. She could focus on healing Skunkpaw with Heatherberry, but if the older medicine cat made an appearance now it would only serve to anger the tom further.

Silently he listened to Tawnyshadow's story, a growl growing in his throat. Way too familiar. Was this how Nightstalker had felt? "So, you brought an apprentice that wasn't your own out for an assessment. Then, when a predator starts to attack the apprentice you are in charge of protecting, you decide it's a fine idea to let them fight on their own? Your idiocy may have just changed Skunkpaw's life, Tawnyshadow. If you had an apprentice of your own I'd assign them a new mentor, since you're obviously not to be trusted around them." More than the anger seeping into his words Sablestrike felt disappointed in the molly. She had seemed like the perfect future warrior as a kit, now he wasn't sure what to think of her. "Of course you'll accept your punishment, that was never something you were going to avoid."

Then Snowfoot stepped in. That's a pretty massive mistake, and admitting her fault doesn't heal the wounds on young Skunkpaw's eyes. He wanted to snap at Snowfoot for trying to justify Tawnyshadow's actions, but his mind was still clear enough to stop himself from doing so. Her son? Stars... Sablestrike's gaze softened slightly. Maybe he could give her a tiny bit of leniency. "Elder duty, three moons. Additionally, you will not interact with any apprentices including Skunkpaw for two moons without another warrior present. I consider this a light punishment for what you've done, but I will be telling Leopardstar of this. I expect she'll have her own punishment for you when she finds out, so be prepared for that as well."

Turning from Tawnyshadow, Sablestrike began making his way toward the medicine den. "I'll be watching over Skunkpaw for a while. You may join me if you'd like." With that, the tom disappeared into the medicine den.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

What the eyes dont see (Open) Output12                   What the eyes dont see (Open) Output10                          What the eyes dont see (Open) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 17:35

Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our power

With each word out of Sablestrike, Tawnyshadow only shrank back further. She deserved this, that she knew. That didn't make the words any less painful, just like how it wouldn't heal her son's eyes any better. The tortoiseshell's head was hanging low, her tail drooping pitifully in the dirt. She hadn't let herself to show her grief before, not even when her friend's body was dragged back into camp, or when her kit died right at her belly. A warrior didn't show such weakness... a warrior was a strong, brave, ready to take the right steps to deal with the situation at hand with the best interest of their Clan in mind. But what right did she have to call herself a warrior?

Then the punishment came. Elder duties... Tawnyshadow wanted to claw the deputy eye's out. The least he could do was give her a chance to make up for a mistake. Instead, she had to do the apprentices' duties and be treated like a fox. Her gaze flickered to the medicine cat den. What about Skunkpaw? Moonpaw? Would she not be given even a moment to cry and apologize to them? Moonpaw was in such a fragile state, she didn't want to be kept away from her daughter.

But... was it that obvious how much of a danger she was to the Clan's young cats? Perhaps... this was necessary. She had already caused such damage to Skunkpaw, and she had taken Moonpaw out for training sessions before. Could she be the reason that her kits were trapped in the medicine cat den? Her thoughts flickered unwillingly to the still bodies of Moondancer and Sagestone, buried under the ground in Shadowclan territory. She hadn't noticed Sagestone's sickness until he was dead, and she hadn't even been in the fight with Windclan. Could it be that she was the reason for all their deaths?

The tortoiseshell took in a shaky breath. "Yes, Sablestrike," She mewed. Her voice cracked, just like it did all those moons ago when she had found the cold body of her best friend. What a narcissistic mother she was... just because she wasn't beside her kits didn't mean that they would die. If anything, her presence would probably make everything worse. And yet, she couldn't help but start griefing already. I'm sorry, dears, that I could never be the mother you deserved... Maybe, this was for the best.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 Battle-Trained MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T4 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4478

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 18:14

Sorrow clawed at Heatherberry's belly as she lookrd down at the pitiful form of Skunkpaw. She had done all she could, now it would be up to the mercy of StarClan on whether or not this young apprentice would ever physically see the stars above the marshlands again. She sighed, checking the bandages one more time before leaving the den to meet with Sablestrike--

It would seem he had already been on his way as almost headbutted him as she had turned to leave. "Sablestrike-" Her heart ached further as she took in the sight of Tawnyshadow, head bent in shame and tail dragging behind her. "I... Don't have the best news, Tawnyshadow." She would address Tawnyshadow directly, seeing as of the two she was the most riddled with guilt and misery. The worst part of this path Heatherberry had chosen, was having to break horrible news. "Skunkpaw's eyes may be beyond my or Burdockroot's abilities; he may be blind for the rest of his life. But that doesn't mean he won't be able to live the one he has. It will just be... A little different for him. I'm sorry that I can't do more."

She bowed her head to both warrior and deputy and parted ways while the painkillers did their thing for poor Skunkpaw, choosing to give Tawnyshadow the space she needed and return later.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

What the eyes dont see (Open) JGgdMsS What the eyes dont see (Open) JGg3TFt What the eyes dont see (Open) J0ieN9e What the eyes dont see (Open) JGg3GK7 What the eyes dont see (Open) JGg2WjR

What the eyes dont see (Open) JcTsSP1  What the eyes dont see (Open) JcnAVnI What the eyes dont see (Open) Grub_f10What the eyes dont see (Open) JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the eyes dont see (Open)   What the eyes dont see (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

What the eyes dont see (Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: