Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

initiation [closed]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

initiation [closed] Empty
PostSubject: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyWed 26 Jul 2023 - 12:08

Egretswoop
“I can see much from the clouds above.”

Two apprentices. Not one, but two. Two lives to take care of and nurture into the realm of being a warrior, two lives that had been entrusted to her. Mothpaw, and Dovepaw. Both cats that had names that came from something with the power of flight, much like Egretswoop herself. It allowed for her to feel some semblance of connection to them, even if it was extremely difficult otherwise. Both had a much easier time focusing in their training than she did even now. Chittering birds and rustling leaves and all-too-muggy of air constantly ripped whatever attention she had somewhat been able to give, always leading to an apology or some strange, off-landish comment that made her seem... weird. Somehow, it was a blessing from Starclan that her apprentices didn't call her weird for it. Or, well, at least didn't outwardly do so.

It was time for another bid of closeness. Something that she could give them beyond their training that only herself or her mother could give. "Mothpaw, Dovepaw, your actions have thoroughly impressed me. I would like to share part of my youth with you both." That honey-tinted gaze that peeked through her fox pelt shimmered, a smile on her maw as she led them towards the Twolegplace. Towards where she herself had earned her pelt, though in the cold of leafbare instead the warmth of greenleaf.

"Harebounce took me in as a kit. She had been stolen by twolegs, and I had been born in one of their nests... but abandoned by them. So she took me home. But she grew up with a tradition. As you know, every Clan warrior is gifted with a name of their strengths as a warrior. My mother has two names. Harebounce, and Brick." Her tail rippled as she continued on. Her ears seemed to constantly twitch with every little new sound, always turning, always shifting. Talking had made it slightly more bearable. "She came from the Asylum, stolen from her home as a kit to fight under a rogue clan. That is how she earned the name Brick. Asylum cats also wore pelts of predators to look more ferocious in battle-similar to how we swim as Riverclan cats. It was their signature." She hoped she was recalling the story correctly, but neverless, continued sharing the information with her apprentices. "Mother continues that tradition. She gave me the name of 'Milk,' after my pelt. When she felt I was ready, she brought me here to get my own pelt, to wear and intimidate my foes with. We found a fox. Mother got back her hare pelt." She seemed to nuzzle into the pelt that was around her at mentioning it, the fondness between the molly and her adornment clear.

"She blessed me to continue that tradition with my apprentices, as I know not if I will have any kits to pass it onto. So Mothpaw, Dovepaw, I ask: Do you wish to help in honoring this tradition? I will bestow your second names, and help you both find a pelt to wear. I am not as good as my mother, but I can teach you both how to make pelts." Oh, she hoped they agreed.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 19:28

The first time he'd met his mentor, Dovepaw had been anxious. The she-cat who wore a fox pelt was going to be his mentor? Was she going to be harsh and strict? Killing a fox was no small feat. Why would one wear a second skin, especially when the weather was so warm? He had been confused. But after spending some training time with her, he'd come to notice she was completely different. Underneath the pelt, she was as soft as a cloud. She was skittish and noticed absolutely everything he did--even a single whisker out of place would be remarked upon, but not in a condescending or rebuking way, just as a statement of fact. She was soft-spoken and strange, but a good teacher and a good cat. So when he was going on a patrol with her--and Mothpaw, her other apprentice, whom he'd only met in passing--Dovepaw didn't feel worried anymore. He followed, ready to learn something new.

He hadn't been expecting to learn about Egretswoop's heritage. But when she turned to look at them, golden yellow eyes glimmering, Dovepaw sat and listened. Harebounce... one of the senior warriors of the Clan. He'd seen the she-cat once or twice, he believed. Apparently she was Egretswoop's adopted mother. For some reason, he had assumed that his mentor was born RiverClan, like most of the other cats in the Clan. Hearing that she had been born outside of it like he had made him feel an even stronger budding kinship with her. He was also of rogue blood. Or, no... he was ThunderClan, he thought. But that was just a dream. That didn't count. All he knew for certain was that he was not originally of RiverClan, and neither was she. That made them kin--in some sense, anyway.

Asylum... it was a strange word. It was one he thought he might have muzzily remembered from elders' tales when he was very young. Wearing pelts to look more ferocious. Well, that did certainly explain the ruddy fox fur that lay across Egretswoop's back. So it was... a tradition? Dovepaw flicked an ear as he listened, pale blue eyes fixed on his mentor's gaze. A tradition that was not strictly from RiverClan. But traditions were taught, not borne by blood. That was evidenced by his acquired prowess in swimming and fishing. "Brick" and "Milk." Strange names. But was "Dovepaw" any less strange? What made a name strange or not? He had no clue what a brick was, but at least "milk" made sense. A flowing white pelt like that was reminiscent of the liquid that every cat once knew.

It only took Dovepaw a few moments to think about the offer. Asylum, fox pelt, strange names, odd traditions he'd never really understood and would never fully understand. Probably he ought to say no and try to fit in better with his RiverClan Clanmates. And yet... someone was offering him a tradition. An exclusive event in which he would be included. A bond to be shared. Right now, all he really had was his siblings and his adoptive family. He had RiverClan, but so did everyone else. The idea of receiving something special, something that was meant just for him (and Mothpaw and Harebounce, he supposed) was tempting. It made something inside his chest contract in a warm, dizzy way. So before he knew what he was doing, the apprentice nodded. "I would be honored to join you," he said. His tail swished behind him. "I don't know much about this Asylum, and I don't know what a Brick is, but I think that tradition is a good thing. If you are willing to view me like one of your kits..." Well, perhaps he shouldn't have said that. But she had been the one to mention it. He glanced away, hoping that she didn't think too much of it. He wasn't trying to insert himself into her life in that way. "Well, I... I'll do it."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyFri 4 Aug 2023 - 3:56

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

Mothpaw could not help the swelling feeling in her chest as Egretswoop spoke, nor was she able to suppress it. The tender way she recanted her origins and the unexpected offer to learn. The praise — they had impressed her. Mothpaw’s ears burned with the praise, smiling as she listened to Egretswoop’s story. She had not known her mentor's origins, nor did she know, admittedly, much of anyone’s. She had always been intrigued by the pelt that adorned her white fur, but never felt it her place to ask; or quite knew when to ask. Some cats were not fond of questions. The pelt had startled her the first time she had seen it, though soon came to accept it along with her mentor’s other quirks. They were after all what made Egretswoop herself — and Mothpaw had grown to admire the she-cat. She had been given an apprentice before even holding her own vigil - but she had taught Mothpaw well. Well, she had very little other reference but to her, Egretswoop was a good mentor. The cat being her mentor had calmed her character, the first cat she had searched for at the disastrous gathering. Now she knew her mentor had slain a fox; in Mothpaw’s eyes, her protector practically grew before her.

Mothpaw hoped that if she so wished, StarClan would bless Egretswoop with kits one day. For now she was honoured to be considered for something otherwise, seemingly, reserved for flesh and blood. Mothpaw had never been fortunate enough to know family in any of their forms but felt, in those moments, she was as close as she had ever come to experiencing it. Egretswoop had played the closest role to a mother she had known; and even by extension Dovepaw felt part of her small apprentice family. She would never admit as much out loud, though. It wasn’t disrespectful to her ancestors to honour another cat's tradition, was it? Mothpaw was a full blooded RiverClan cat for as far back as the sky spread across the territories. Her ancestors likely hadn’t strayed far into other cats' lives, or traditions; but here she was, the apprentice of a cat with, as far as she was now aware, no RiverClan blood. She hoped her ancestors would smile down on her with pride, approve of her decisions. Without another thought  she nodded tightly, talking once Dovepaw had finished,

“I would be honoured to honour your tradition.” Mothpaw spoke softly, calmly. Did she call her Egretswoop whilst they partook— or Milk? The apprentice’s ears felt warm as she stressed over the small details, taking a quick breath. She offered a small smile, bowing her head ever so slightly, “I hope to do you and your mother proud.”

Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyWed 9 Aug 2023 - 7:08

Egretswoop

"If you are willing to view me like one of your kits..."

Something in that phrase right there managed to wiggle its way right into the molly's heart. It seemed to silence all else in the world, and a tenderness that she had only ever glimpsed in the gazes of others seemed to fill her honey-colored gaze. As Mothpaw only chimed in with similar emotion, somehow, the way she looked at them only got softer. Sweeter. As if in that moment, these two lives that had been trusted to her had suddenly become so much more. Sure, they were still certainly her apprentices, cats whose lives she would guard and defend with her life and all that she had. But now? She was taking them under her wing-more like her pelt-as family. Just as her mother had done for her.

It brought a wide smile to her face that she had never known before. Such a unique feeling, the warmth that now blossomed in her chest. She couldn't think of what else to do other than to take a step forward and rest her nose atop Dovepaw's head in a gesture that Brick had done to her several times in the past. Egretswoop's gesture wasn't so much of comfort as it was of acceptance, and after a moment, she released that small embrace to bestow the same upon Mothpaw. Both apprentices meant everything to her, as they had taught her so much. "It would be an honor to allow myself to be considered family, for one or both of you." She wasn't entirely sure how else to word it, and for once, she wished to call upon Rowansong. He always had the perfect way to phrase the way he felt, or what was on his mind, even if the words often were elaborate compared to those of her clanmates. It was a behavior she often found herself emulating.

Taking a step back from the two eager lives before her, Egretswoop seemed to flinch as she was startled by a sound. Bewildered, she looked around for a moment, only to realize... the sound was from her. She was purring. It roused an amused giggle from the warrior, who until that point, hadn't ever purred... perhaps once when she was a young kit. Very young, too early to remember. A sound that had been lost to time up until now.

"Then I should not hold back the tradition that now belongs to you both as well. Mothpaw..." She paused, considering just what to call her first apprentice. Deep within the depths of her memory, something surfaced. It was from her time among the two-legs, just before her mother had taken her in. One of the first words she'd ever committed to memory, fitting for her first apprentice. "From now on, Toffee is the name you also bear. It sourced itself from one of my first memories, fitting for the first apprentice under my tutelage." Hopefully, Toffee would enjoy their name. It seemed to fit their pelt, though Egretswoop couldn't exactly place why. She took a step forward to press her head against the molly's own in affection before turning to her second apprentice.

Dovepaw. The one who embraced her with open paws, the one who seemed to need a figure in his life in a similar way that Harebounce continued to be for her. "Iron." For some reason, she didn't have to search for his name. It simply came right to her tongue, now settling itself upon the tom before her. Yet another word that came from the kittypets and rogues she once knew. Harebounce had taught her that word-it was the strange stone that often made up the monsters that rolled along the Thunderpaths. "A mighty force that is often hidden. Fitting for such a strong tom." With them named, she couldn't help her smile widening. Tears almost wanted to roll on her eyes from the joy it brought her. She repeated the same gesture upon Iron, leaving his head with a gentle nuzzle.

"Now for pelts... I cannot pick them for you. It is whatever your heart calls to. Should it be a fox like my own, or a hare like that of my mother, we will all work together to allow you to bring it home. Be careful as you attack, though-the pelts are rather delicate."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 18:04

"It would be an honor to allow myself to be considered family, for one or both of you."

So he hadn't been overstepping, then. The dizzy sensation in Dovepaw's chest only grew stronger, flooding his mind with a rosy kind of warmth at the word "family." Like a big sister, then... or maybe like a mother. Neither roles that were currently occupied by any living cat. He had Owlcall. He had his siblings. But... now, he had Egretswoop as well. Or, should he call her Milk? It hadn't quite been clear. Either way. She was now something akin to his family. The gentleness in her light amber gaze struck right to the core of his being, and he returned her gaze with an openness that hadn't previously been present in the pale blue of his own eyes. Family.... She was still his mentor, of course, but there was a new level of deference and care with which he now regarded the fox-pelted she-cat. The pressure of her muzzle atop his head felt as welcoming as any embrace he'd ever shared with his own siblings.

First she gave Mothpaw a name. He turned to look at the two, head tilted curiously as he witnessed the unfamiliar ritual. The name--the word--was also one he had never heard in his life, similar to Brick. Toffee. One of Egretswoop's first memories... It must have been something that the Twolegs had, then. But it wasn't long until her gaze returned to him. Another word that did not quite sound like a word rolled off of her tongue. "...Iron." It tasted almost cold, hard, as he tried it out in a whisper. A secondary name. She... thought he was mighty? Thought he was strong? For some reason, the qualifications to his name almost affected him more than the actual name itself. The gesture was repeated, and he pressed his head up into her own, welcoming the affection. It felt nice. Nice to be acknowledged; nice to be accepted. Milk, Toffee... Iron. Around Egretswoop and Mothpaw, he could now be Iron. What did that mean? He supposed there was only really one way for him to find out.

When Egretswoop brought up the topic of pelts, he couldn't help but blink. He'd only had one brush with a predator before--and it hadn't been a pleasant one. He had come out on top, of course, but he hadn't really enjoyed the experience. Sparring was nerve-wracking but enjoyable. Actual fighting, on the other paw, wasn't a thing that he had been a big fan of. But he supposed it made sense that the fox pelt had to come from somewhere. She--Milk--had said that the pelt was for the purpose of wearing and intimidating foes. He did not believe that he would wear a pelt often, and certainly not as much as his mentor did, but perhaps for the purposes of battle... it might be a good tradition to honor. Though the thought of seeking out an animal with the intention of killing it to wear it made him feel slightly queasy, he instead nodded. "Okay. Whenever you deem me ready, I will try my best. I don't know yet what I would like to seek out, but... I'm willing. I'll fulfill this tradition as well, Milk."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyFri 8 Sep 2023 - 1:38

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

Toffee. It was sweet to her ears, short like Moth though took two heartbeats to say it rather than one, as though she now held two lives within herself. She was honoured by the gift, particularly by how Egretswoop - or Milk, she assumed, she should rather refer to her now - had chosen it. One of her earliest memories, for her first apprentice. It was enough to make Mothpaw’s ears burn, feel special. She bowed her head in quick thanks, a purr rumbling in her throat as her mentor pressed her head to her own. Iron. Mothpaw watched with a soft smile as Dovepaw received his second name, a fitting name for a young tom that their mentor appeared to see into.

Was she now Mothpaw around these cats? Or Toffee? It felt redundant not to use her new name.

They were all the family she had. Even if unconventional. Milk had created their little group, giving a blessing to Toffee’s quiet thought when she had mentioned family. It was not the stereotypical image she had grown up seeing around camp but she wanted nothing else; they were her special makeshift family. Toffee smiled back at Milk, her paws gently kneading the ground.

Pelts. The more labour intensive part of the ritual; their paws would have to spill blood to earn these names. The prospect did little to dissuade her, treating it as nothing more than hunting prey or ridding a potential predator. What would her heart call to? It was hard to know as she considered. She loved fish, but couldn’t quite imagine that as a pelt; nor did she delight at the possible smell that would follow her. No, fish were simply for eating.

“Thank you for the name, and for the family you have welcomed me into,” she purred, not wanting to have interrupted the ritual, “I am ready to earn it, and continue the tradition.” With a brief bow of her head she glanced to the other apprentice with a grin, as if to say isn’t this exciting.

Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptySun 1 Oct 2023 - 10:39

Egretswoop

They accepted. They accepted her, her tradition, the names she bestowed upon them. Nerves that she had no clue had collected in the depths of her belly were fizzled away, swatted at by the claws of the truth that lay unaltered before all of them. The traditions bestowed upon all of them, originated by Harebounce and the twisted predecessors before them, would continue. It brought joy to her, joy so thorough that she didn't know how to truly contain it. Out of instinct, she tucked herself just slightly into her fox pelt, but the way her tail seemed unable to sit still conveyed just how much joy she felt.

"I... Joy. I feel much joy, that you both accept." She couldn't truly phrase it. Nor could she find a way to let it out in a manner that allowed her to regulate, but she was the figure to look up to. Perhaps she could give them a task.

"Your worthiness has already been deemed more than satisfactory. Come, let us see if there are any creatures you wish to bear the pelt of. It shall be good training, too, in the intricacies of battle." Her head tilted just enough to allow the fox-pelt's ear to droop, as if asking the question itself, before raising to her paws to lead them towards the farm. Its land had certainly a wide array of creatures: predators, to larger prey. All somehow fitting to be worn as a pelt.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 19:59

Dovepaw--Iron--tried to swallow down the queasiness that began to rise in his throat as he began to follow Milk. He had been desired, had been accepted into an in-group! He wasn't about to mess that up by being a wimp. Besides, he knew he was pretty good at fighting from the apprentice's sparring tournament. Plus, he and Swanpaw had killed that snake awhile back. So he should be fine. He should be able to kill a predator... probably.

The main question was, what pelt would he try to get? Iron's ears were pricked up tall, listening for any sounds as they began to prowl the unfamiliar grounds of the nearby Twolegplace farm. He didn't want to fight a fox, and he especially didn't want to look like he was just copying Milk. Foxes were too big and scary anyways. He was a smaller tom, at least right now, and a pelt as big as that would just slip off of his shoulders. Making a decision this important without any forethought was scary, but he rolled his shoulders back and tried his very best to look as if this would be just like any other old day. Maybe he'd just pick the first predator he saw.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, a blank white spot suddenly appeared in his vision. A bird, enormous, larger than any bird he'd ever seen. When it spotted him, it let out a quiet hiss, waving its wings threateningly in his direction. His hackles raised for a moment. Then, he remembered. A pelt of a predator, to look more ferocious in battle. The sharp teeth lining the goose's beak struck a moment of fear into him. What if he could strike that fear into his own enemies? Into any who would dare to challenge his family? Any who would dare to challenge RiverClan?

Before he could second-guess himself, Iron darted forward with unsheathed claws, feeling his heart race. This was his first time ever initiating battle--real battle, not just a spar. The snake had attacked him first. This time, the decision was his. Iron was surprised to find that it felt good. He began by leaping at the goose with a war-cry, tackling it to the ground. It fell with a terrible squawk. But since it was nearly bigger than him, it soon escaped and beat at him with its enormous wings, disorienting him. This wouldn't be easy.

Dovepaw used Jumping Strike, dealing 9 (6+3) damage and costing 7 stamina.
Goose used Wing Bluff, dealing 5 damage and costing 10 stamina. The next attack on the goose must roll a die to hit.

Dovepaw:
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Goose:
46/55 HP
160/170 SP

Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:06

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

A smile seemed permanently engraved on the apprentice’s face, listening to her mentors continued praise and following invitation. She had not found herself in many situations that called upon her to fight - instead enjoying the simple joys of time by the river fishing - though knew it was essential for all warriors. It seemed, the next stage of the initiation had begun.

Toffee followed Milk and Iron to the farm, a place unfamiliar to the apprentice. She had heard stories, of Two-legs, cats and strange beasts living together, though had yet to see it with her own eyes. That was until the white she-cat led the pair of apprentices there, inviting them to battle.

To find the creature they wished to wear the pelt of. Toffee considered that, perhaps it was a slightly cruel tradition, though reminded herself once more that whatever they would slay, there would be plenty to replace it. She had little time to consider further as an awful noise filled her ears; the tortoiseshell apprentice turned to the source of the noise, a goose making its way towards Iron. An unpleasant creature at the best of times, seemingly riled by the tom. She watched for a moment as it hissed and made a show of its wings outstretched, though the display did little to dissuade the other apprentice. Instead, the battle had begun; with a cry and claws shedding blood.

Her claws unsheathed, throwing herself towards the pair. Toffee lifted up her front paws and brought them down on the goose, trying to avoid damaging the flesh too much as she scratched the goose.

Mothpaw used Front Paw Strike! It was successful. -7 SP

Mothpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Dovepaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Goose
40/55 HP
160/170 SP

Last edited by Moth on Tue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:06

The member 'Moth' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

initiation [closed] Mistpe10
initiation [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 14:11

Egretswoop
“I will always fly back home.”

It was not a small choice, necessarily, to decide just what pelt it was that one wished to bear. She had felt particularly locked onto her choice of a fox, having been drawn to just how powerful they felt. How smoothly they moved across the terrain was simply another factor into her decision all those moons ago. Just what it was that had fueled her mother's decision into making a pelt out of a hare, she did not know, but found herself always being able to identify her mother in a crowd by that pelt alone. Truth be told, if she had to ever try and find Brick without it, it would have been nigh impossible. She still could due to instinct, but it would be much more difficult.

As Iron set out to find his pelt, Milk followed close enough behind to be ready to leap into battle. The winged creature made itself known not long after, and a feral flash of her teeth met the feathered fearsome water fowl's hiss. As her apprentices charged forth to batter at the creature, she herself recoiled back, before using that stored energy to charge forward and leap. "Go for its underbelly!" She ordered before her teeth met with the beasts neck, careful to clamp down where she would not tear a vital part to the pelt that Iron would likely wear.

As she did so, she held on tight to the bird. Her claws wrapped around to dig into the feathers of its chest, seeking to keep the bird stilled. She had been able to fling her body around it in such a matter that its wings were somewhat pinned beneath the weight of her entire frame, which would at least make it safer for her apprentices to strike at the creature.

Egretswoop used Leap and Hold! The goose has been pinned for 1 turn!
Egretswoop dealt 8 HP of damage and used 15 stamina.

Egretswoop
50 / 50 HP
105 / 120 SP [-15]

Mothpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Dovepaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Goose
32/55 HP [-8]
160/170 SP

ooc note; egret was t3 at time of making this topic, so she is using t3 stats. <3

Last edited by Kitty on Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 14:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 14:11

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

initiation [closed] Mistpe10
initiation [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 22:40

Dovepaw had never enjoyed battle. It had always made him startled, or uncomfortable, or worried for his family. But for some reason, despite the battering of the goose's wings feeling painful, and despite the effort it took, Iron found that this wasn't as awful as usual. Maybe it was choosing to fight--rather than being ambushed by a snake or bullied by an apprentice--that made him feel this way. He didn't smile so much as bare his fangs, but he wasn't scared. He was... well, not enjoying this perhaps, but he didn't hate it.

Toffee and Milk darted in to help. His mentor's skill was immediately apparent, pinning down the squawking beast, while his fellow apprentice's help covered yet another angle of attack. Fighting alongside others... it wasn't too bad. He lashed out with his own claws, slashing almost wildly at the goose, feeling its coat of feathers shred away beneath his blows. He made sure to listen to his mentor, though, and target the belly rather than the neck or wings. He wouldn't want to damage the pelt, if this was what he was to wear!

Dovepaw used Front Paw Strike + Desperate Blows, dealing 10 (6+4) damage and costing 14 (7+7) stamina.
Goose is no longer pinned.

Dovepaw:
20/20 HP
39/60 SP

Goose:
22/55 HP
160/170 SP

Egretswoop:
50/50 HP
105/120 SP

Mothpaw:
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: initiation [closed]   initiation [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

initiation [closed]
Page 1 of 1