Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 EmptySat 10 Jun 2023 - 1:22

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 BnRMXwt

☆─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───☆

˗ˏˋ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 1f339´ˎ˗【Briarrose】˗ˏˋ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 1f339´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Thunderclan】♡【#B9D9EB】♡【T4 Warrior ║ 60[HP] | 140[SP]】

Awakening with a sigh, Briarrose blinked open her eyes and slowly arose in her nest. Well, today was it. It was Amberpaw's first day of training. A pang of sadness hit her chest as she remembered a day just like this one that passed not too long ago. The molly quickly shook away the strong feeling of déjà vu. Now was not the time to reminisce or get lost down the rabbit hole of what if's. She couldn't afford to lose sight again. Amberpaw deserved a good mentor and a good first day of training. Only when they were done she could let herself loose in her thoughts.

Stretching herself upright, the torbie warrior took a few moments to groom her fur out of disarray. Once she was done, she carefully padded out of the den. It was nice and breezy out, the early morning rays slowly reaching further and further. She took in a deep breath and then let it out. As soon as she had composed herself, she made her way to the apprentice's den. It was time to wake up young Amberpaw.

Entering the den, she scanned the sleeping figures occupying the nests. She quickly spotted the russet coloring of her charge and headed over, mindful of all the wayward tails and limbs. When Briarrose reached his side, she bent down and nudged the young tom to consciousness. "Amberpaw. It is time for training. As soon as you are ready, please meet me at the camp's entrance." She straightened back up and gave him one final pat before making her way out.

Briarrose walked over to the meeting place but made a quick stop at the prey pile. With all her apprentices, she had them eat something before they headed out. She believed that morning meals were the most important. Training usually expended a lot of energy so she wanted them to be ready for it. So, the warrior grabbed a squirrel and a robin before finally arriving at the camp's entrance. She placed them down and sat back, waiting for her apprentice to arrive. She wasn't sure what his prey preference was so she was going to wait until he was there to eat one of the pieces.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Characters : Amberpaw || Sloekit || Flickerfoot
Clan/Rank : TC apprentice || SC Unborn || RC NPC Elder
Leo Horse
Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 EmptySat 10 Jun 2023 - 7:37

There is a certain fear that comes along with living out a beautiful moment, only to be woken up. One questions reality, wondering how they had arrived back in their bed so suddenly - but only for an instant, because one finds themselves trapped in a sleepy haze of real consciousness. And then it is understood: that blissful moment had only been a dream. Amberpaw fell into the category of questioning reality as he had somehow just jumped from exploring the forest with a friend from his kithood to being curled up in his new nest. Where am I? How did I get here?

Briarrose's words came tumbling down into his hears. ...time for training...camp's entrance. Then, suddenly, Amberpaw remembered that today was his first day of training! He let go of the thoughts of his sweet dream and tore open a pair of glowing amber eyes. He caught a glimpse of his mentor's tail leaving the apprentice's den. Today's the day. Excitement burst like a sunrise in his chest. Today would be Amberpaw's first day outside of camp. He could already hear the forest creatures of the early morning calling to him. Hurriedly, the tom groomed down his wayward tufts of fur before leaving the den.

He found Briarrose at the camp's entrance with two pieces of pray at her paws. Is this part of a training lesson? he thought, eyeing the plump squirrel. There was a sharp pang of hunger in his stomach, but the large amber tabby ignored it and greeted Briarrose. "Good morning," he purred politely. The tom remained on his paws, ready for whatever was next.
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 0:57

˗ˏˋ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 1f339´ˎ˗【Briarrose】˗ˏˋ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 1f339´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

The warrior refocused her attention when the sound of pawsteps reached her ears. Her impassive expression melted away at the sight of the russet-furred apprentice. Her head dipped in a formal greeting and a ghost of a smile crawled across her face. She had seen how young Amberpaw had hungrily eyed the prey by her paws; it made sense that he was hungry, as it was quite early in the morning.

Briarrose signaled for the apprentice to seat himself in front of her. "Good morning, Amberpaw," she finally said, "I am glad to see you up and ready for your first day of training in a timely manner. However, before we head out, I would like you to eat something. It is important to eat something in the morning before starting your day, lest you begin to lack the energy during your training. Please, choose whichever you prefer. I was not sure of your specific likes so I grabbed two at random." She gestured to the two mentioned prey. She relaxed her straightened composure and continued on while she waited, "While we eat, I would like to discuss your training for today—perhaps even knock out some of the early inquiries you may have."

"So, we will be starting off today with the basics of hunting: the types of prey found within our territory, an explanation on how to catch each one, the basics on how to properly scent, an explanation of the hunting crouch, some time to practice said crouch, and finally, you will be putting what you have learned to the test. Keep in mind that it is your first day; Mistakes may or may not happen and it is alright. I only want you to do your best—no matter what level of "best" that may entail. I am not a mentor that forces perfection, no matter how I may seem to carry myself..." She paused for a brief second before continuing, "Be assured that I will take things slow and will carefully demonstrate all that I am doing. I encourage you to ask whatever questions your mind provides you—even those that may not be related to the ongoing lesson. As someone once said, "One who is ashamed of asking is ashamed of learning." Wise words to ponder, no?" The torbie warrior tilted her head then shook it with a glint of intrigue in her warm, green eyes. "Anyway, once our hunting lesson is complete for the day—if we have enough time and energy left—I might begin a short sparring lesson. This is not a guaranteed part of our day but it could very well happen depending on how our hunting goes. So, I thought it would be best to let you know ahead of time, just in case." Once finished, Briarrose leaned back and scanned her apprentice's face. "Do you have any questions, Amberpaw?"

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 20:59

At Briarrose's permission, Amberpaw chose the squirrel and began consuming its tasty flesh while he carefully listened to the she-cat's words. "I only want you to do your best..." a determined look overcame the flame-colored tabby at this phrase. Oh, Amberpaw would do his best alright...and his best was nothing short of perfection. Amberpaw's life was devoted to supporting Thunderclan as much as possible, and currently that meant training with the utmost diligence.

Hunting and sparring. We are really jumping right into training, Amberpaw thought with a small smile. Briarrose will have me whipped into shape in no time! She'll see, I'm going to be the best warrior in the forest. This thought was purely humble, and sourced only from Amberpaw's commitment to defending and caring for Thunderclan. "No questions," the apprentice rumbled in that smooth, deep voice of his.

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen14           ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen15           ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen24         ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen23
           Amberpaw | TC | Apprentice     Sloekit | SC | Kit       Chicorykit | WC | Kit      Flickerfoot | RC | Elder                   

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Untitled52_20230627104325c

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 1:58

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

At her apprentice's curt reply, the torbie molly appraised him for a moment before nodding—more to herself than Amberpaw. "Very well." He seemed certain of his preparedness; there was a hint of eagerness blended in his staid primed visage that she could still pick out. The warrior slid the remaining prey over to herself and elegantly finished the meal. She licked away any remaining morsels of food from her muzzle before promptly standing up. She offered the younger cat a simple smile. "Let us make haste, then." With that, the warrior led him out of the camp with a flick of her tail.

As she guided her apprentice to her favorite hunting spot, she took the time to explain the ins and outs of Thunderclan's territory. She spoke about the borders they share with some of the other clans; the River with Riverclan (accompanied by a brief explanation of the infamous Sunningrocks), the Thunderpath with Shadowclan, and the Fallen Oak with Skyclan. She also talked about the major landmarks; The Owl Tree, the Stony Hollow, the Sandy Hollow, the Great Sycamore, Tallpines, and Snakerocks. She couldn't go super in-depth with her explanations but promised her apprentice that they'll officially tour the territory the following day. For now, they had some hunting to do.

"We have arrived," she suddenly announced when they stopped at a lush area. She turned to address Amberpaw, "Please, seat yourself for a moment." She waited for him to do so before sitting down herself, her tail neatly curled around her paws. "As explained earlier, I will delineate a few important things before officially beginning-" She straightened up. "-but before even that, I need to make some things clear: Never kill prey just for fun; Prey is killed only to be eaten. Be sure to give your thanks to Starclan for every prey you catch, whether verbally or not. It is all part of the warrior code. Another thing: The most important rule regarding hunting is that the elders, apprentices, and kits are to be fed first. Warriors and apprentices come second; You cannot catch then eat. It is disrespectful to your clanmates and to the code. There may be times when an exception is made but it has to be approved by the majority... Oh! Lastly, never trespass across a border just for prey, even if the prey had initially been on our side. It is not worth the potential spats with the other clans. Understood?" When she received a positive answer, she firmly nodded.

"Now, starting with prey: The most common found within Thunderclan are tree-dwelling and land-dwelling prey. Prime examples of each are sparrows, robins, magpies, and thrushes for those that reside among the trees; mice, voles, and shrews for those that reside on the ground. Squirrels could go either way—I have seen some make their homes closer to the ground and others higher in the trees. Remember that there are many others that I have not listed but I mainly went with the ones I found often in the prey pile. It is not very often that we get rabbits, lizards, or frogs but they do come about every once in a while." She waited for him to take it all in before continuing, "A general rule that everyone must know is that one should always stay downwind from your prey so your scent does not carry over to it; That is a sure way to spook it before you even get a chance to close in." Briarrose took a few moments of rest. It was a lot to explain but luckily, she thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Alright." She shifted her sitting position to remain comfortable. "Every prey has a specific way they need to be caught in. Take mice for example, you must be light on your paws when stalking them. They feel the vibrations one makes when walking before they ever see or smell you. Be careful, though. They normally do not stray far from their burrows." The warrior observed the apprentice and then continued, "Voles and shrews are hunted in a similar way as each other: You must be quick. They are known to be noisy, which alerts all other prey in the area. Their squeals can ruin your hunt."

"Birds are tricky prey. You must be quiet and get as close as you can risk getting without prematurely alerting them—anything can set them off. It is advised to catch them before they get a chance to fly up but if one does, unfortunately, escape upwards, leap as high as you can, and perform a strong downward scooping motion with an unsheathed paw—or both. That should bring it back down. Do this before it gets too high up or there will be no way of catching it once past your range."

"Squirrels are also a bit tricky. You must be speedy with your strike lest they escape to the trees. It would be preferable to catch one without the hassle of chasing it up a tree but if one does scamper up, the option to climb up after it is there. However, as a new apprentice, I do not want you chasing one up a tree until you learn how to climb up and down trees safely. Too many injuries—and deaths—occur via trees and I do not want you to be another unfortunate victim." The molly looked at Amberpaw sternly. "Promise me that you will let squirrels go if they start climbing until you become more experienced."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 6:55

Amberpaw finished the last of his squirrel and quickly licked his jaws clean before quietly following Briarrose out of camp. The trees of the forest soon enclosed the pair, and Amberpaw's soft gaze drank in the new scenes before him - birds rustling in the leaves above, flowers blooming in patches of sunlight, moss-cloaked tree trunks looming overhead. All around, the concealed parts of the woods called to Amberpaw like an enchantment cast upon him. His heart ached in the best way possible...he felt...like he belonged there, amongst the wild things. His mother and father had explained what it was like outside of camp before, but they had never described the forest like this.

As they walked, the flame-furred tom intensely listened to the warrior's instruction; he consumed all of the information about borders, the other clans, and significant areas on Thunderclan's territory. Then, they arrived at Briarrose's hunting spot. Amberpaw sat down at her command, and followed along with her speech about prey. He nodded at the Warrior Code part - upholding this code was at the very core of Amberpaw's being. He was devoted to seeing it followed. He tried to take Briarrose's instructions about catching certain animals to memory, but felt like he had forgotten everything soon after she finished speaking. Nonetheless, he nodded along. "Promise me that you will let squirrels go if they start climbing until you become more experienced." Amberpaw was a bit suprised at Briarrose's stern look and great concern, but he hid it under his collected face. 

"I promise, Briarrose," the apprentice answered, filling his words with genuineness. He had never climbed a tree before and wasn't too keen on starting - he couldn't imagine his lumbering body leaping between delicate tree branches.

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen14           ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen15           ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen24         ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Screen23
           Amberpaw | TC | Apprentice     Sloekit | SC | Kit       Chicorykit | WC | Kit      Flickerfoot | RC | Elder                   

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Untitled52_20230627104325c

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】   ♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】 Empty

Back to top Go down

♪ Take my hand and we'll make it—I swear ♪【Closed】
Page 1 of 1