Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Kitten's first playmate (closed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

Kitten's first playmate (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 11:06

Sunlight bathed the camp in a wonderful heat, something the golden molly was taking advantage of. Shrewpaw lay sprawled out in camp, greedily soaking up the heat. There were a million other things she'd rather be doing today, but all of those involved either Cedarpaw or Copperpaw, both of which were nowhere to be seen. They were probably off learning how to be warriors, or sneaking out of camp together. Without her. How rude of them! You can have fun without them! Get up and do something! But what could she do? Bother Firefly? Shrewpaw scanned the clearing for any signs of the she-cat, but something else caught her attention. The nursery! What queen would turn away an apprentice eager to play with a few kits?

Shrewpaw padded up to the nursery, peeking her head into the shadowed den. It was filled with nursing queens unsurprisingly, but there were only a few kits not currently doing anything. "Hey you." She called softly. "Come out here, I wanna talk to you."

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Kitten's first playmate (closed) Output12                   Kitten's first playmate (closed) Output10                          Kitten's first playmate (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Characters : Amberpaw || Sloekit || Flickerfoot
Clan/Rank : TC apprentice || SC Unborn || RC NPC Elder
Leo Horse
Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 11:37

A fuzzy, amber head stiffened to attention at the words of a stranger who called to him from the nursery's entrance. The beckoning had come at the perfect time, it seemed - Amberkit was getting restless in the nursery, but his playmates were occupied with sleep or suckling. So, he had resorted to terrorizing his momma through a series of playful tackles, tail-biting, and constant yapping. However, this had earned the playful kit a gentle swat from the exhausted queen, who was trying to nap. With a relieved nudge from his mother, Amberkit stumbled over his large paws to obey the stranger's request. "You wanna talk to me?" Amberkit's squeaky voice was full of amazement at the thought of an older cat's interest in him.

Kitten's first playmate (closed) Untitled52_20230627104325c

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 693

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 17:41

Cedarpaw

Stats: 20 HP / 60 SP

Cederpaw trotted into the camp, his fur ruffled from a long day of honing his hunting skills. He'd not actually gotten to hunt anything, it was mostly Acornstem trying to show him the proper way to stalk. The goal was to sneak up on her without her knowing it...but he hadn't quite succeeded yet.

The tom was somewhat crestfallen as he made his way toward the fresh kill pile, a bit disappointed that he hadn't managed to master the new skill. There was plenty of time to learn, but he really wanted to impress Acornstem.

Suddenly, movement by the nursery caught Cedarpaw's attention and he noticed Shrewkit, one of his best friends! The tom's eyes brightened and he padded over to his friend, curious to see what she was up to.

Maybe she'd been asked to clean out the old moss in the nursery? His nose screwed up at the thought. Bleh. That was no one's favorite task.

"Shrewpaw! What're you..."
The tom trailed off, finally taking notice of the young kit Shrewpaw was talking too. Oops, he'd definitely just interrupted whatever they had been talking about.

He ducked his head bashfully, offering an apologetic glance. "Hah, sorry. Didn't realize you were busy." Hopefully, she wasn't too upset with him.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptySat 3 Jun 2023 - 22:04

Shrewpaw couldn't help but chuckle at the kit's enthusiasm. Stars, he was so cute! "Of course I do! It's an apprentice's duty to check up on the queens and their kits, you know. I was just wondering if you wanted to do something fun with me." Yes, do something that would kill her boredom.

A smile instantly brightened the she-cat's face as a familiar voice called to her. "Cedarpaw!" The golden tabby nuzzled Cedarpaw affectionately. How long had he been gone? She would have to have a serious talk with him about how bored she was without him, but not now. Not when they had such a cute little fluff ball to play with.  "If you really want to apologize, you should join us. I was just about to do something fun with, erm... what's your name?" Shrewpaw cocked her head at the kit, perhaps she should introduce herself properly? "I'm Shrewpaw, and this is my bird buddy Cedarpaw."

MORE ART!!:

Kitten's first playmate (closed) Output12                   Kitten's first playmate (closed) Output10                          Kitten's first playmate (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptySun 4 Jun 2023 - 7:04

Wow, an apprentice wants to play with me! The bit about it being apart of an apprentice's duty to check on the nursery flew right over Amberkit's head. He knew for sure that Shrewpaw was just the coolest apprentice in all of Thunderclan. Kit-blue eyes aglow with awe, Amberkit plopped his rear-end to the ground with a soft thump and patted his front paws up and down with excitement.

Then, another stranger's voice called over. Amberkit paused in his excitement and initially cocked his head at the older tom cat. Is he also calling to me? The kit thought. My name's not Shrewpaw. But, after tom's bashful apology and the she-cat's affectionate greeting, Amberkit realized the two knew each other. 

"Oh, I am Amberkit," the fuzzy amber tabby squeaked shyly as he took in the stranger. Is Cedarpaw cool like Shrewpaw? The little tom wondered. "W-what's a bird buddy?"

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptySun 4 Jun 2023 - 11:45

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw purred and nuzzled Shrewpaw back.

He always felt much better when he was with his friends. Especially Shrewpaw, she always knew just how to brighten up his day. She was like the sun that warmed his cool surface.

He peeked into the nursery, his curiosity piqued as she turned to address someone. Oh! A kit! She wasn't tasked with cleaning the bedding then, Shrewpaw was just being a good clanmate and keeping the kits company.

Cedarpaw smiled fondly. Shrewpaw always had been considerate like that, even as a kit.

"Sure, I just got back from training with Acornstem, so I have some time to kill." The young apprentice peered into the dim nursery, a gentle smile on his face. He remembered being a kit.

Of course, his kithood was a bit different from most cats, but he still looked back on it warmly. After all, that was when he met Shrewpaw and Copperpaw. They made those long, painful days a lot less dark.

That was then, though. Now, a young kit was in need of some playmates! "Its nice to meet you Amberkit." He chuckled softly and added. "And a bird buddy is someone you watch birds with! It's really quite fascinating to see all of the different shapes, colors, and sizes."

He looked to Shrewpaw for approval. That was a good explanation, right? Was that all they were though? Bird buddies?
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 7:54

"Nice to meet you, Amberkit! Such a cute name for a cute kit!" The golden molly nodded along at Cedarpaw's explanation, but he was missing something very crucial about being a bird buddy. "You're close Cedarpaw, but you left something out. Being my bird buddy means we're friends for life, and there are no take backs either." Shrewpaw grinned, clearly proud of herself for tricking Cedarpaw into a friendship like this. She liked him a lot, almost as much as she loved Copperpaw, and their bond as bird buddies meant that he was stuck with her no matter how annoying she was.

"So, wanna be my bird buddy too, Amberkit? Promise I'll play with you whenever you want, and I'll take you to watch some birds with us too! We could be like a mini bird clan or something, doesn't that sound cool?" It sounded way more than cool to her. The thought of increasing her friend circle excited the she-cat, which was impossible for her to hide. Shrewpaw's tail shook in anticipation of the kit's answer, how could someone say no to an offer as fine as this? A free playmate and a two new friends? That was an unbeatable deal!

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 12:20

The red tabby tom listened intently to each of the apprentice’s words. Turned out, Cedarpaw was just as cool as Shrewpaw! The kit kindly thanked Shrewpaw for her compliment, then smiled excitedly at her offer. Wow! He was going to have a bird buddy, too! He once again pranced his front paws up and down in excitement. “Yes, yes, YES!” The little fuzz could barely contain his happiness. “Oh, oh, oh! Can I be leader of our Birdclan?” It was every kit’s dream to be a leader someday.

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 18:08

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw smiled as Shrewpaw spoke, adding in that they were friends for life.

That didn't sound so bad. He could probably spend every day with Shrewpaw and never get tired of her. Even if she was sad or angry. Stars, she dealt with him back when he was a moody kit who was angry at the world. Even now, he could sometimes barely function.

After a moment he tilted his head, then shrugged. "I'm alright with that." He glanced up at the sky as a bird fluttered by overhead and smirked. "But it goes both ways. Shrewpaw's stuck with me too...so what do you say?"

The tom held back a snort of laughter at Shrewpaw's Birdclan idea. It was so silly, but after a moment, he found that he rather liked the idea. It was like a club! One only the cool cats got to take part in of course.

Cedarpaw's heart melted slightly at the sight of the excited Amberkit, who looked like he might just explore with happiness. He shrugged, perfectly okay with handing over the leadership of Birdclan to the bouncy kit. However... "Sure. I think you'd be a great leader, Amberkit. Right?"

The red apprentice peered expectantly at Shrewpaw, awaiting her approval.

He doubted she would have any complaints, but it was better to be safe than sorry. After all, she had basically invented the concept of bird buddies. If not for her, he would probably still be all alone, watching birds from a distance - too afriad to get close.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 20:01

Stars, oh stars! Every time Amberkit spoke up or showed even the slightest bit of enthusiasm it made her heart flutter! He was just so cute with those huge paws that didn't seem to fit his body and all that poufy fur! I would DIE for this kit, I love him so much. The thought almost brought a tear to the molly's eyes, but she couldn't let herself ruin this moment!

Shrewpaw took a few moments to compose herself before nodding vehemently. "Of course you can! I'd follow you to the ends of the forest and beyond, Amberstar! Oh, but if you're gonna be leader you need a deputy, right? I would suggest Cedarpaw. He's cool and brave just like a deputy ought to be, and he's pretty smart too. Just look at his taste in friends!" Shrewpaw puffed her chest out slightly, satisfied with her suggestion. That left her without a cool role, however. That needed to be fixed! "As for me, I think I'd do well as the Birdclan medicine cat." She had no explanation for her own role, she just didn't want to be left out of the fun. "What do you think, leader? The choice is yours to make."

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 20:31

Amberkit...or Amberstar, rather, bounced happily at Cedarpaw's compliment but frowned after listening to all that Shrewpaw had to say. Cedarpaw was cool and brave, but so was Shrewpaw! "Now wait jus' a second, Shrewpaw," the little tom said, creamy-colored chest puffed out with authority. Usually, he and the other kits had to fight for the leader position when playing. He had half-expected a challenge to his self-appointed leadership and had been prepared to wrestle the apprentices for it, fair and square. But, perhaps Birdclan could be different. Perhaps...

The little tom scrambled over to the older tom cat and, poking him in the leg with a paw, said, "Cedarpaw, as your leader, I officially promote you from deputy to second leader. Now, your name is Cedarstar." Then, Amberkit turned to Shrewpaw. "And, we don't need a medicine cat because we are so so strong and no other cats can hurt us. So, I officially promote you to third leader. So you are Shrewstar." Proud of his first actions as Amberstar, the kit turned to his newly promoted deputy and delightfully asked, "Cedarstar, Cedarstar, what should Birdclan do first?" 

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyTue 6 Jun 2023 - 9:48

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw glanced sideways at Shrewpaw, a bit amused by her reaction to the little fluffball. She certainly had taken quite a shine to him and the same could be said about Amberkit to her. And, as he'd thought, Shrewpaw didn't seem to have any issue with Amberkit being the official leader of Birdclan.

He turned his head sharply when she suggested that he be the deputy though, a bit surprised to hear it. The red tom had never considered himself to be deputy material...that seemed to be Shrewpaw's thing.

She was, after all, much more outgoing and friendly than he was.

He shook his head good naturedly and flicked his tail over Shrewpaw's muzzle. "Oh please, you'd be a way better deputy! I can be the medicine cat, I mean, I am named after a plant." A tree, technically, but whatever.

However, Amberkit seemed to have a different plan for them. He watched curiously as the small kit prodded his leg, then smiled at the kit's declaration. Cedarstar did have a certain ring to it...oh, but so did Shrewstar. The tabby turned to his newly appointed friend and grinned at her. "Congratulation, Shrewstar. Quite an accomplishment." He meowed proudly.

Cedarpaw nodded seriously, the turned to Amberkit, considering his question. "Well, Amberstar, I think I smell a few rival Squirrelclan cats invading our territory!"

Squirrelclan was entirely made up, but Cedarpaw had seen plenty of birds and squirrels fighting over nuts and whatnot, so it seemed reasonable for Squirrelclan to be their rival, especially since both birds and squirrels lived in trees.

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 18:56

"Me?" The she-cat mewed, almost as if the idea offended her. How in the stars did Cedarpaw think she would be a good choice as deputy over him? He was two times- no, three- no! He was at least five times the cat she was! Shrewpaw's mouth opened to argue the point but was promptly shut as their leader stepped up to promote Cedarpaw. Shrewpaw smiled smugly at the tom. Then Amberstar declared that there would be no medicine cat. A third leader? Why hadn't she thought of that? "That's why you're the first leader, Amberstar. Only someone as smart as you could have thought of such a good idea.

Though no longer smug, the molly's smile still remained. "It is quite the accomplishment, isn't it? We've really worked hard to get where we are." They would have to celebrate at some point, maybe when she went on her first hunting trip Shrewpaw would let Cedarpaw have the first piece of prey she caught. As for Amberkit, she would have something special for him too.

What should they do? Well that was obvious! They should... Huh. What should they do? Shrewpaw knew of something that they could do, but it would be way too dangerous to take a kit out of camp, and the bird's nest in camp was a secret that she wouldn't with Amberkit no matter how cute he was. In came Cedarpaw, a brilliant idea tucked away in that beautiful mind of his like always. "Stars! Squirrelclan is already invading? I thought we'd have more time to prepare! What should we do, Amberstar?"

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 19:37

"That's why you're the first leader, Amberstar. Only someone as smart as you could have thought of such a good idea." With a modest blush, Amberkit dug a front paw into the ground shyly. "But you guys would make the bestest leaders ever, so it was the only way," he chirped.

"I smell a few rival Squirrelclan cats invading our territory!" Satisfied at this response, the orange fluff smiled, crouched down, lashed his tail, and growled cutely. "Those stinky Squirrelclan mouse-brains!" Amberkit paused for an instant, feeling like his mother would've scolded him for using such language, but decided it was okay to use it because Squirrelclan was only imagined. Therefore, nobody was actually being called a mouse-brain. Proud of this logic, he continued. "Yeah. Dirty, filthy, no-good mouse-brains." The tom kit growled again, then paused at Shrewstar's question. "What should we do, Amberstar?". What were they to do? A bright idea suddenly hit the red-swirled tom. "Wait right here," he insisted before taking off into the nursery, tripping over his big pale paws.

Amberkit came back a few moments later, mouth full of moss balls. He scattered the balls - six in total - around the general area where the three cats were playing. Then, he turned to address his fellow leaders - but outside of their game. "Okay, guys, now pretend we are in the forest and the mossballs are Squirrelclan cats, but they don't know we're here yet," he said with a goofy grin. Then, he dropped back into his serious and somewhat dramatic tone. "Quick! We are surrounded and outnumbered! Let's sneak through the underbrush and take them out one by one, but let's each attack them from different sides so they get confused." He was only repeating a mixture of battle tactics he had picked up from the Elders' stories. "Shrewstar, you take the two on the left. Cedarstar, you take the two on the right. I'll take the two straight ahead." And with that, Amberkit dropped low to his belly and clumsily stalked forward, getting ready to pounce on the nearest moss ball.

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 9:41

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw was taken slightly aback by Amberkit's use of the word mouse-brain, but he brushed it off with a small laugh. He held back more laughter as the kit continued insulting the imaginary cats of Squirrelclan, then he lashed his tail, nodding along empathetically. "Those Squirrelclan foxhearts have taken things too far this time!"

He looked at Shrewpaw, amused, and straightened suddenly as Amberkit vanished into the nursery. Where was the kit getting off to now? His silent question was answered as Amberkit came back, his mouth stuffed with moss balls. It was almost comical, but Cedarpaw managed not to laugh.

He listened carefully to Amberkit's plan, "Good plan, Amberstar! Come on Shrewstar, let's scare those Squirrelclanners back with their tails between their legs." Cedarpaw grinned, then followed Amberkit's lead, slinking around to the right flank of the 'Squirrelclan warriors'. His claws flexed into the dirt, but he retracted them, reminding himself that this was just a game.

No cat needed to catch a wayward claw and a trip to the medicine cat.

The red and white tom crept toward the moss, trying his best to mimic the hunter's crouch Acornstem had taught him the other day. As it turned out, playing games like that was a good way to practice his skills.

Orange eyes turned to Shrewpaw, then Amberkit, as he waited for their fearless leader to give the signal to pounce.

Why had he and Shrewpaw never played games like this as kits? They had certainly been young enough to...but perhaps he'd still been too wrapped up in his own issues to fully appreciate the company of his new friend.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitten's first playmate (closed)   Kitten's first playmate (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitten's first playmate (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next