Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

walking roots [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

walking roots [closed] Empty
PostSubject: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 7:31

mistpaw
“I tread a fine line.”

She'd heard the rumors of an onyx rogue that moved about the twolegplace farm, just as much as she had heard the rumors of a former clan-cat who only had half of a face remaining. Surprisingly, it was the former that had truly piqued her interest. Most apprentices would have loved to go meet the battle-worn feline that once roamed their lands, who seemed to have been of Skyclan origin, but that just simply didn't appeal to the apprentice. No, instead, she knew that there was something about the former that had her curiosity gripped between its tight claws. After all, what would a rogue, or loner, be doing lingering so close to Clan territory, if not to cause trouble? There had been plenty of stories she had heard from the other queens of the nursery, many of them she had dismissed as nothing more than a way to get kits to behave. But the way her mother spoke about a few told her there was at least a half-truth to most of those tales.

It had been easy enough for Mistpaw to be able to leave camp. Egretswoop, the newest warrior among their ranks, had no issue in agreeing to come along with her. After all, the warrior had a fond memory of the location that the apprentice wished to go. It was how she had earned her own fox pelt. Mistpaw always looked at the alabaster molly with strangeness whenever she wore it, but then again, her clanmate seemed to have a thinner pelt than she. Somehow, even with her two pelts, Egretswoop still had a thinner coat than the slightly smaller apprentice.

With a face that may as well have been a carbon-copy of her mother's, Mistpaw near led their trail to the farm. There was enough out in the world to fully distract her chaperone that she knew that any conversation she wanted to have with the rogue would most likely end up more private than not, even if she had been right next to them. At least, it appeared that way. If somehow, the warrior beside her possessed some sort of supernatural detail-inhaling abilities, it was lost on the apprentice. But the thought put enough anxiety in Mistpaw's feet that she was already formulating a method to distract Egretswoop if it became a necessary task. Her steps picked up the pace just slightly in turn, working out the emotions that rippled in her claws so that it wouldn't rouse any suspicion. Truthfully, she didn't know what she was feeling or what was bothering her, just that the sensation was rather annoying and she would have rather it be gone.

Reigning in her body's telltale signs of her emotions as she had watched Perchstar do thousands of times, Mistpaw stood just a bit straighter. Taller. She wasn't about to come all this way and appear weak. Not in front of Egretswoop, and certainly not in front of the company she hoped to catch. Just what it was that she wanted to say to them was not actively floating around in her mind at the moment, but something told her that deep down, it was a story she wanted to her. A quick look behind her told her that Egretswoop had found something of interest, perhaps simply a piece of prey, and it allowed Mistpaw to approach the odd-smelling border with more confidence than she had originally anticipated would fuel her movements. Now that she was there though...

The odd smells certainly told her there was a non-clan cat who was nearby. It didn't hold a deep-rooted scent of Skyclan, and so her hope raised significantly. As to how she would catch his attention though? She had absolutely no idea. So the apprentice sat down, curling her feathered tail around her paws, and waited.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 22:30

Felix tried his hardest to justify to himself why he was lingering around the forest for so long. He was a wanderer at heart, he thought as he tiptoed across fenceposts. He was like a breath of wind; he went where he wanted, whenever he wanted. He had nothing to tie him down anymore. There was no one to keep him tethered anywhere. Nothing kept him bound to this area. He simply enjoyed the different rooftops in this area. The view of the distant forest treetops was soothing. Yes... that was it. He had no particular reason for staying in this part of town. No reason at all. Certainly not because of her.

He certainly wasn't thinking of her, even now.

"Goodbye."

...Why hadn't she looked back?

He twitched a tall, dark ear, trying to contain the momentary surge of annoyance. By rights, he shouldn't be feeling this way about any cat, let alone some wild cat he'd known only for a mooncycle. It was extremely unlike him. Felix, the wandering loner, hung up on some water-swimming, forest-dwelling molly? It made no sense. And yet, here he was, stalking through the nearby farm once again.  Prey was abundant here, he supposed. It had nothing to do with the distant sound of rushing water that he could just barely hear if he traversed the edge of the property. It had nothing to do with the fact that sometimes, he found the scent of wild cats here. He was not so desperate as to hope she would suddenly appear here, alone, and change her mind. If she had not accepted his offer the first time, she certainly would not do so again. She hadn't even looked back. It was nothing but wishful thinking.

Quietly, Felix let out a huff and turned to go. However, there was a flash of white in the corner of his eye. He blinked. Not just white... white and silver. Interesting. Almost automatically, he began to walk more stealthily, creeping forward as if he were a shadow in the darkness of a nearby aspen tree. Right there, on where strong scent markers indicated there was a group of wild cats living... a cat. It was, of course, not her. But his interest was piqued. Something about the stoic expression, the set of her jaw, her bearing, the way the tail curled around her paws... something was familiar about this wild cat whom he had never seen before. He sized her up for a moment (for it was a she), scanning the surroundings. She seemed to be the only other cat nearby. While his first instinct would have been to leave well enough alone, and his second would have been to ask for a spar, he instead followed his often-suppressed curiosity, against his better judgement. He gave up on the shadows. Instead, he stepped forward, coming face-to-face with the young wild cat. He remained about a fencepost's length away from her, just in case anything strange were to happen--though he doubted that he would be unable to defend himself against such a juvenile cat. As he approached, his large golden eyes blinked slowly, indicating that he meant no harm. "Greetings. What brings you so far from your home, wild one?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] EmptyThu 1 Jun 2023 - 13:26

mistpaw
“I ask the questions they're afraid to.”

Mistpaw had to take a small step back as the onyx-pelted tom approached. Part of his pelt seemed to have lighter ends of browns, no doubt sun bleached from all of his time outside. She had seen it happen to some of her darker-pelted clanmates as well. Something about the rays of the sun seemed to make them lighter, whereas cats like her with lighter pelts saw no such change. However, as he greeted her, she couldn't help but freeze. What was she going to ask him?

She hadn't even thought that far. As he blinked slowly, she couldn't help but mimic the movement, giving her own nonverbal cue of no intended harm."So the rumors are true." She voiced the thought aloud, her head just imperceptibly shaking as she attempted to cover up the fact that she hadn't been able to fully hold her tongue. Mistpaw straightened her body up once more, her head tilting to the side. The apprentice had to cover her paws, because surely, he'd heard what she said. "Curiosity. They said a dark-pelted tom was staying near here now, ever since ma-Perchstar returned. So I wanted to see if they were true." Her voice was a matter of fact more than anything, but even Mistpaw couldn't keep the kittish wonder out of her tone as she spoke. "Why do you stay around here?"

A silver ear flicked as she asked the question. After all, if he was a rogue, there was no doubt that any other clan cat wouldn't hesitate to attack him. But, a subtle sniff of the air told Mistpaw all she needed to know: he wasn't bleeding, and in fact, he was just fine. So why did he stay at the twolegplace farm?

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 19:10

Felix was feeling less and less sure of himself as he sat waiting, taking in the strange scent rolling off of the molly before him. It was the faint scent that Perch always bore... only far stronger. River silt; forest musk; a whiff of fish. If nothing else, this wild cat must have been from the River Clan that Perch had spoken of. Perhaps... perhaps they knew each other. He tried to put the thought away, focusing instead on the here and now. This cat might spar with him if he was lucky.

The first words out of the small cat's mouth were immediately interesting. Rumors? Felix cocked his head slightly, taking the idea in. It seemed that his lingering near the borders had not been quite as secretive as he'd hoped. Or maybe, that had secretly been his goal all along. He'd wanted to be noticed. As much as he'd tried to tell himself otherwise. Well, though he had been perceived, he had yet to be confronted. This small one did not count. She was barely grown; probably just a few months off of kithood. As his mind was running through these thoughts, the juvenile molly said something else that made his mind's calculations stop completely.

"Ever since ma-Perchstar returned."

Perch... Star?

Ma?

He blinked once more, but this time it was not deliberate. It was bewildered. That name was too close. Too close to be a coincidence. But what did the suffix Star mean in this case? And did "ma" mean something else in the language of the forest cats, or did this fluffy cat of just the right age to make him suspicious just call Perch her mother?

His mind was whirling. However, it just occurred to him that the wild cat had asked him a question. Why he was here. The same question he'd been asking himself on and off his whole sojourn in this area. Well, it wouldn't do to appear weak or uncertain. He contemplated her for a moment, shoving the swirling thoughts away for the time being, and offered a suave smile. "Does it matter?" he asked simply, his tone equal parts disinterested and curious. "I was under the impression that this was far enough from the borders of the forest to be allowed. Still, the question is a sensitive one. You must know that we loners do not give away such answers for free." His tail swayed behind him, appearing carefree even as the gears began to turn in his head. "If you respond to two of my questions... then I will respond in kind. I will tell you what I am doing here, and my name, if you answer me these. Firstly--what is your name? And secondly..." Though his voice remained lighthearted, there was a glimmer in his gold eyes. He needed to know. He couldn't pass up this chance. The smallest chance... but unless Perch was simply a common name in the forest.... "Secondly. Who is this Perch Star that you speak of? Your... 'ma'?"

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] EmptyTue 6 Jun 2023 - 16:04

mistpaw
“I ask the questions they're afraid to.”

She had to only answer two of his questions? Her fluffed tail swished in a manner that wasn't entirely unseen before by the dark-pelted tom that now sat before her. Something she had said had drawn his interest, and she hoped it would only be a matter of moments before she found out exactly what it was.

Well, she was good to hope it was only a matter of moments.

What drew his interest when it came to her mother?

Her head seemed to be held just a little bit higher as she regarded his questions just one more time. Truth be told, there was no harm whatsoever when it came to giving her name, and that one slipped easily from her maw. "Mistpaw, of Riverclan." She had practiced speaking it just like she would any other title. After all, Mistpaw came from a lineage of pride. Her mother was Riverclan's leader. Raising her without the guidance of a father... who had seemed gone from day one.

"Perchstar is the leader of Riverclan, she is my 'ma' as she is my mother. My siblings and I came right after she returned from having been gone, I think, but that doesn't mean Riverclan is any less strong." She felt the need to emphasize the strength of her clan. But just after, she realized she had said too much, quickly turning her gaze away from the other tom. One of her two-toned ears flicked in an attempt to listen for Egretswoop, her chaperone who was still off doing... something.

"Do you have an interest in joining Riverclan?" The she-cat prompted. After all, that seemed to be the only thing he would want from knowing Perchstar, right?

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 18:47

Felix's suspicions were soon to be confirmed. While the name Mist Paw of River Clan did not tell him much that he had not already known, it was the next few words coming in such a similar calm and matter-of-fact tone that made his breath catch in his throat.

"Perchstar is the leader of RiverClan, she is my 'ma' as she is my mother.

My siblings and I came right after she returned from having been gone."

The name matched. The timetables matched. The voice matched, the mannerisms matched, those same striking blue eyes staring into his soul were the very same that had stared at him for nearly a full moon.

It was impossible to deny it. This young wild cat... this Mist Paw... this was his daughter.

He was so stunned that he nearly missed another important bit of information, but his ear twitched slightly as it caught up with his racing thoughts. She had mentioned "siblings." There were more of them. He had kits--multiple. Multiple kits. And it appeared she did not know him. Well, it was only fair... he had not been there for her birth, as much as he had tried to. Perch had rejected his offer, and that was that. He had not wanted to pry. Their lifestyles were incompatible. But... his kits... they were his kits. They were his kits. Goodness, he was a father. He had no clue how to deal with that fact. He hadn't been present before... should he start doing so now? Should he jump out of the woodwork and profess their relation? Would she even believe him? Would it change anything? No, they didn't deserve to have their world turned upside down like that. If he couldn't offer them anything as a father, then how could he claim the title?

His golden gaze was calculating as it moved again to Mist Paw. Though he had yet to truly decide how to answer, his ears caught upon the last question that she spoke. That one was easier--so he responded to the last first. "I? Join River Clan?" Felix's tone was light hearted, but just dismissive enough to toss the idea, as appealing as it had sounded for the briefest of moments. He was not a wild cat. He was a cat of the alleys, of the rooftops, of the faraway lands beyond. He had friends in the lowest of places and the plushest of house dwellings. There was no spot for him in such a tight-knit community. And... besides. They ate fish. He shook his head. "The offer is flattering, but I'm afraid not."

As he had spoken, his mind landed upon a suitable answer. It wasn't perfect, but it was the best he could do. A solemn undertone lay dormant in his voice as he spoke again, though it still remained as suave as ever. "I apologize for not being forthright with you, Mist Paw, but... after further deliberation, I believe that I must still keep my name as my own for now. One cannot unsay a name, you know. I will, however, tell you what I am doing here." Mimicking that of Mist Paw and Perch, his tail waved once behind him. "I am waiting. I am waiting for someone. Someone that you know. Perhaps they will come one day... perhaps they will not. Until then, I believe that I will linger in these general areas." He stood up, offering another slow blink. "I have places that I must go. However, if you wish to return again, then I may tell you my name. I will be more likely to do so if... if you bring your siblings. However, you also know a cat who knows my name." Felix offered Mist Paw his most winning smile, fangs sharp and white, but not threatening. "Ask Perch if you would like to know. She may not want to remember, but I do not wish to impose. If she tells you, then you are allowed to understand."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: walking roots [closed]   walking roots [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

walking roots [closed]
Page 1 of 1