Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) Empty
PostSubject: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 4:03

◇Mothkit

The tortoiseshell kit peered out of the entrance of the nursery, slyly placing her paws outside of the den. The rest of her body followed slowly until she stood, head held high, at the mouth of the nursery. She had left the comfort of the den on more occasions than she had paws but it only grew more exciting each time. Mothkit longed to answer the mystery of what lay beyond the brambles and nests, to see what she often overheard passing warriors discussing. Most of their conversations made little sense to her, though she had listened enough that images had formed in her mind. It wouldn’t be long, she hoped quietly, that she would be able to see them for herself. For now, she would have to entertain herself with kit adventures, such as what happened to be moving in the grass…

As she scanned over the grass, her eyes caught a hint of movement not too far from her paws. The culprit was a small ladybird, clinging to a blade of grass, unaware of the figure moving to loom over it. Mothkit’s tail twitched in the air as she pottered over, willing the bug to remain where it was. She sat in front of the ladybird, purring to herself. There was an itch in her paw, desperate to swat the bug. She held off for a moment, remaining fixated as it wandered further up the grass blade before temptation grew too strong and the kit stuck her paw out. Her paw batted the grass blade, letting out a frustrated huff as the ladybird flew away. That was not the reaction she wanted. Mothkit had to find something else to entertain herself with, preferably without wings.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 5:23

Drizzlekit lingered in the nursery entrance, watching the cats in camp. The slender molly sighed, flicking an ear in annoyance. It wasn’t that this was boring, rather that it wasn’t quite as entertaining as she could’ve hoped. Her apprentice ceremony surely must be soon, mustn’t it? She knew that there were many, many apprentices this new-leaf, and that almost every warrior had an apprentice (or even two!) but… why leave her behind? Surely her ceremony must be soon. She didn’t think she could stand waiting much longer.

Not far from the nursery, a small tortoiseshell kit was playing with something. Curious, Drizzlekit watched the other kit- M- Mallardkit? Mothkit? Moonkit?- bat at a bug, only for it to fly away. Ah. Her own ears drooped in sympathetic disappointment.

The cream-and-ginger molly wandered over, waving her tail in friendly greeting. This kit seemed nice- less prone to inexplicable bursts of noise and chaos. Perhaps they could be friends? They were denmates, of course, but the nursery was so crowded that one hardly had time to become acquainted with the newer kits. This one was surely at least a moon younger than Drizzlekit herself, although it wasn’t as obvious as it might’ve been if she was as tall as the others her age.

What are you up to? She thought, head tilted curiously.
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 4:02

◇Mothkit

Mothkit’s quest for new entertainment had not taken long, nor was she forced to seek it out herself. Almost as soon as the ladybird had flown away, a cream and ginger kit had appeared, one she recognised from the nursery. One that she had never heard cause much noise, unlike the younger kits that cried out.

“Did you scare my ladybird?” Mothkit quizzed. She knew full well it was through her own actions that the ladybird had taken flight but she was still a kit and blaming things on others was easier. Though, almost as soon as she spoke, she knew it was unwarranted. The other kit had approached her in a friendly manner, after it had flown away. She glanced away for a moment, as if to pretend she hadn’t said anything. Her mind ran in that moment before she turned back to face the kit in front of her,

“It wasn’t even that fun anyway...What are you doing?” She inquired. The tortoiseshell kit was naturally inquisitive, though some would argue nosy. She was curious what a cat as quiet as the one stood before her occupied herself with.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 5:03

Drizzlekit narrowed her eyes at the other kit’s question, shaking her head with a quick firm movement. Whateverkit knew perfectly well that it was her own fault she’d scared the bug off! Really. The nerve! The small ginger-and-cream kit couldn’t resist something of a smug smirk as Mothkit- that was it!- realized her mistake. Take that! Although, at least this one was more self-aware and considerate than the rocks-for-brains that often woke Drizzlekit up in the morning with their yowls and faux-battle-cries.

If it wasn’t fun, why would you do it? Drizzlekit thought, tilting her head at the statement. Everything she did was in search of some sort of fun, or at least trying to keep away from something definitely not-fun. She shrugged, flicking her tail and sitting down next to the other kit. She hadn’t been up to much, no. Same old, same old.

Suddenly, with a flash of color, another bug appeared- this one Drizzlekit was more familiar with. A butterfly! It landed on a smooth, warm rock, not far from the two kits, sunning itself in the warm sunlight. Drizzlekit flicked her tail towards it, inviting the other kit’s attention. Isn’t this one far more interesting?
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 11:46

◇Mothkit

The sheepish expression that sat on her face faded almost as soon as it had been displayed, though it was the other kit’s smirk that caused the tip of her tail to twitch. She was embarrassed and she didn’t like the feeling. Though, she had gotten more of a reaction from her denmate. She could read the puzzled expression that had followed on the other kit’s face, almost as if to question her actions.

“I was bored,” she shrugged, glancing to the patch of grass she had been preoccupied with, “but I think they look funny.”

Within a blink, the tone had changed. The other kit’s tail had alerted her to a butterfly that had settled nearby. Oh! A soft purr started in the back of her throat as she stared at the butterfly. They resembled her namesakes, which she had grown fond of. Her paws twitched, padding to the side to get a better look as it basked.

“Well?” Mothkit chirped, “let’s get closer to it.”

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 12:02

Boredom was certainly a feeling Drizzlekit could empathize with. The young she-cat nodded, remembering long hours spent lazing about in the nursery, bored out of her mind. Mothkit, though, seemed easily amused- instantly obsessed with the pretty butterfly she’d noticed. Get closer to it? Isn’t that how you scared the last one? Stars, kits these days. They never learn, Drizzlekit thought with a smile. She was interested to catch a glimpse of the butterfly up close, though, and so she dropped into something somewhat resembling a hunting crouch. She’d watched the warriors and apprentices, of course, but it wasn’t like anyone had gone out of their way to actually teach her something.

The young molly slowly slunk towards the butterfly, glancing to the side to see if Mothkit was doing the same. It wouldn’t be polite to scare off the bug on accident before the other saw it, after all.
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptyMon 22 May 2023 - 1:09

◇Mothkit

It seemed there was some common ground between the pair after all as Drizzlekit nodded. There even appeared to be a smile. She watched the other kit as she dropped into a hunting crouch - well, what kits decided qualified - slowly lowering to her own paws as she watched, forever intrigued in the actions of others. Mothkit started her attempt to sneak up on the butterfly, keeping near the older kit. As tempting as it was to simply run and jump, this was more exciting.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptyTue 23 May 2023 - 5:50

Mothkit followed, and so Drizzlekit slunk ever-closer, amber eyes narrowed in concentration, ears flat against her head. The butterfly really was quite pretty, all sorts of colors she’d only glimpsed from the flowers that bloomed in the marshes around camp. Just a little closer… just a little closer- stars, she was really getting invested in this, wasn’t she? No matter. Butterflies were interesting, well worth getting invested in.

The small she-cat paused, one paw in mid-air, and turned to her friend with a questioning look. They were about as close as she thought they could get without startling the bug- should they go any closer?
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 15:52

◇Mothkit

Mothkit had been comfortable following the older kit, feeling the grass brush against her belly as her tail twitched behind her. It felt nice to be in the company of a cat around her own age.

“Do you think they live in Clans like us?” She whispered as they slowly crept closer to the insect. It was only when Drizzlekit paused and looked to her for where to put their paws next did she feel a faint warmth in her chest, abandoning her thoughts.

“Should we jump on it? At the same time, before it flies away!” Mothkit had tried to bite back the excitement in her whisper, “or we can watch it from here…That sounds less fun, though.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)   The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O) Empty

Back to top Go down

The clouds are clearing up and I’ve come reveling (O)
Page 1 of 1