Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

clearing the fog [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

clearing the fog [c] Empty
PostSubject: clearing the fog [c]   clearing the fog [c] EmptySat 5 Dec 2020 - 19:29

The Asylum invasion had been hard to get used to. They were always in the shadows, slinking about. It didn’t help that Daisybloom couldn’t leave camp on her own, to clear her head. They had denied Gatherings, denied visits to the Moonstone. They had been cut off from the other clans, from Starclan. Hopefully the ancestors would be able to reach out as normal. But if they couldn’t, they would have no clue to what was coming next. Still, there wasn’t much else the medicine cat could do. Mossbloom and her still had a role, after all. Tending to sick and wounded.

Sitting in her den, contemplating all of this, she looked up as she heard pawsteps. After a moment she recognized Ferretnose, the elder. The tabby smiled. The she-cat was very kind. "Morning, Ferretnose. Do you need anything?" For a brief second she made eye contact with a set of glowing eyes outside her den, but she managed to focus her gaze back to the elder.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: clearing the fog [c]   clearing the fog [c] EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 21:19

"It's good to see you, Daisybloom!" Ferretnose chirped, leading with her right paw, as she always did. She looked over the small, cramped den as if it were her first time seeing in. In a way, it was. She blinked once, then she squinted. There was a growing frown pressing into the deep lines in her aged face, turning her whiskers up. "I'm afraid I don't come for any good reason. It's certainly nothing I want to bother Mossbloom about, so it's better I come to you. You're an excellent medicine cat, I just know you can help me."

Ferretnose took a very slow seat in the corner of the den, careful not to disturb any of the cats resting near her. "Well, you see, I was looking up at the trees yesterday and I noticed that they looked a bit fuzzy. I thought it was just the fog, but it didn't get any better after sunhigh. And then... I looked in a puddle, and lo and behold, my right eye is starting to cloud up." She raised her paw to gesture to her "good" eye, though Ferretnose was not sure she should call it "good" anymore. Her left eye only saw light and color now, faded smudges where was once a cat, a flower, or the sun. The hazy halo in the other half of her vision left a great pit in her belly. "I'm not quite ready to give up my sight, I don't think."

clearing the fog [c] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: clearing the fog [c]   clearing the fog [c] EmptySun 20 Dec 2020 - 20:03

ooc: on the herbs and uses topic i couldn’t find much about eyes, so i did a google search and referenced this. i’m not sure if this can be counted as cannon since it doesn’t match what is listed on site. let me know if there is a problem!

Daisybloom smiled, nodding. She hoped that she could help Ferretnose, the older she-cat was so beloved in Thunderclan. As she listened, her heart sank. Vision was hard to fix, she knew that. There was no permanent solution, and eventually all of the she-cat’s vision could go away. She racked her brain for herbs she could use, and she got up, starting to mix together a poultice. "Vision is harder for me to work with, but hopefully I can figure something out." she mewed uncertainly. In her paws were willow and rosemary, and she was mashing them together on a large leaf. She knew that the plants could help with blurred vision, and prayed that they did so.

Once they had been combined into a fine poultice, she stood above Ferretnose’s head and let the juice drip into both eyes. After a moment she sat back, watching her carefully. "I’ve never really done anything vision-related, so I’m not sure how well this will work. But if it doesn’t, I can try something else." she offered quietly.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clearing the fog [c]   clearing the fog [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

clearing the fog [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp :: ThunderClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: