Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Shadow in the Clearing [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

A Shadow in the Clearing [c] Empty
PostSubject: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 18:53

Fawnshine

Fawnshine needed to clear her head. Dovefrost was in SkyClan, the same of a murderer — from Perchfall's claim at the Gathering. If that was true.. then his life might as well be in danger. Fawnshine tread through ThunderClan's territory, her paws unconsciously leading her to.. Fourtrees? If she hadn't paid attention to the Thunderpath, perhaps she wouldn't have noticed at all. It was dark, and there didn't seem to be anyone around. She could just go back now—

Wait.

In the near middle of the clearing, the molly spotted a figure. She sniffed the air, attempting to make out the scent of the stranger.. but with all the old scents left with the previous Gathering, she could hardly make out anything at all. The diluted she-cat carefully made her way across the Thunderpath, making sure there were no monsters before she finally made it by. Sniffing, and gazing once again, she managed to figure out that it was a molly.. from another clan. She wasn't an outsider, relieving enough.

Sliding her way through a narrow path of the bushes, Fawnshine approached the stranger — yet she still kept a safe distance, just in case. Upon a closer inspection, the molly's scent revealed that she was from ShadowClan. Why in the stars would ShadowClan allow a warrior of theirs to remain sleeping here? Well, that was to be answered when she'd wake up.

"Hello? Apologies for interrupting your rest," Fawnshine mewed, testing to see if she was conscious. "Surely enough ShadowClan wouldn't let a warrior of theirs rest here? I'm Fawnshine of ThunderClan. I managed to walk by and spot you rest here."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 19:35

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow hadn't realised how tried she was. Meeting Scorchtalon and all that warrior business surely had a part in it. Apparently, so tired that she'd happened to have fallen asleep at Fourtrees of all places. Her body ached for sleep, and she'd ignored it, and now...

A cat's voice woke her immediately. She was already quite a light sleeper, and apparently being tired didn't help her sleep more.. deeply. "Hmm...?" She lifted her head, widening her eyes. Oh dear... it's night again? I'm way too tired to use the higher voice, luckily it's a stranger... And you shouldn't be using that voice, anyway. Hmph. "Oh, sorry..." Wait, is this...? Thunderclan? I'm not in a position to defend myself! Wait- no- they smell like herbs. This might be their medicine cat... She shook her head, blinking the sleep from her tired eyes and stretching before standing up. "Yes, me falling asleep here was a mistake on my part, I should probably return now... Marshmallow of... Shadowclan, by the way."

She hesitated. Maybe I should explain my nervousness? I don't want to seem impolite... Why do you care about politeness, now? She flicked her tail, ignoring the voice at the back of her head. "Sorry for my odd behaviour, I'm a little nervous around Thunderclan cats." Marshmallow chuckled, licking one of her shoulder scars instinctively. Talk about subtlety... She probably knows everything.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 2:20

Fawnshine

Marshmallow of ShadowClan, then. Oh. So ShadowClan didn't let her remain here on purpose. But nonetheless, they still should've been more careful. Marshmallow seemed exhausted and nervous, to add on. Fawnshine gently shook her head, noticing how the molly had licked her shoulder scar when she said so. It could've been a coincidence, but.. she'd ask.

"No worries. Also, that scar.. did a clanmate of mine do that? It looks old but really deep." Marshmallow didn't need to answer if she didn't want to. Fawnshine intended to make that clear by the tone of her voice. It was more of.. a light inquiry, rather than impending. "If so, your medicine cat must've been skilled to treat a wound like so. Speaking of which — I'm a medicine cat myself, too, if my scent hadn't made that clearer than it already has." She sat down. She shouldn't be up so late, nor out of her camp at this time — though since she was already here, why not at least get to know more of who this cat was?

Both she and I could perhaps get a favor out of doing so for the future.

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 6:11

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow tilted her head at Fawnshine's small question. Hm... Well maybe I could get a little sympathy out of her... And I know, ooh, I always help myself, but who else is there to help but me, Not Marshmallow? If you really were my deeper thoughts you would know exactly I don't like cats to see me, and yet you seem to think you need to guilt trip me every single time I do something remotely 'bad'... She waited, for that little response at the back of her mind, but it never came. Well then.

"Oh, my scars? Yes, I did get them from one of your warriors. You see, I was a young apprentice at the time, with no battle training whatsoever. Maybe I shouldn't of been out of camp at the time, but my mentor didn't want to train me so I was doing things on my own." Marshmallow explained watching her claws as she waved her paw around in a small circular motion. "Well, I was walking along the Thunderpath- your border- when I see this fluffy silver tabby tom. He must've taken one look at me before deciding he didn't like me because it felt like as soon as I glanced his way, he leaped across and pinned me to the ground." She stopped waving her paw, she could suddenly feel his claws at her chest and her heart pumping loudly, she shivered, but continued. "I- obviously- immediately freaked out. He was trying to- to murder me! I waved my claws out everywhere and that ended in me taking his eye. He let me go, but not for long as he pinned me again. I couldn't get free that time and I could barely drag myself to camp when the mad-cat finally let me go." She sat down. She needed to take a breath. "I fainted as soon as I entered camp and I woke up in the Medicine Den. You know Basilbloom, right? She saved me, back when she was Basilpaw." She shook her head and let out a tiny chuckle. "Sorry for making you hear all that, you probably don't believe that I wasn't a cold-hearted eye-stealer."

She flicked her tail over her paws. "I don't even know that silver tom's name. I think he'd hunt me down if he knew mine... Maybe don't tell him if you know him, okay? He's pure evil, for sure."

Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 17:56

Fawnshine

Not training their own apprentice? How worse could this get? Maybe through the eyes of Marshmallow, it could've been like so, though she'd make no comment. ShadowClan should really look things over, though. As the story began, Fawnshine narrowed her eyes. "So Basilbloom saved you when you were an apprentice." She muttered, nodding as Marshmallow continued again.

"I don't even know that silver tom's name. I think he'd hunt me down if he knew mine... Maybe don't tell him if you know him, okay? He's pure evil, for sure." Her eyes widened. Fluffy silver tabby tom? Missing an eye? At this, it'd just been ignorant to not know who her clanmate was. "Starlingflare, I believe you're mentioning about." The medicine cat's tail flicked stiffly. "Perhaps you'd expect me to side with my clanmate.. Though it seems unreasonable from the very start. You didn't cross borders, nor cause any transgressions, did you? But he leapt first."

"You did manage to return damage though, that was for sure. But a warrior — attacking an apprentice, or more so of with the intention to finish you.." Fawnshine's tail lashed at the flashback to a certain someone. "..How'd that all go unnoticed? Surely it didn't?"

She took in a deep breath. Pure evil, huh? There was only a silent nod, agreeing to the molly's request. Another attempted murder was the last thing she wanted to cause, let alone stain her reputation.

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 19:48

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow breathed a sigh of relief at Fawnshine's words. "Thank you..." The medicine cat then continued, asking another question. "I'm not too sure. I fainted as soon as I entered camp and woke up in the Medicine den. Nobody asked me what happened, I could only assume they followed my scent to the Thunderpath and figured out a Thunderclan warrior tried to kill me. I don't know if it was brought up at the gathering, if it was, I guess they sided with... Starlingflare?" She hesitated, was that the cat Fawnshine mentioned?

She sighed. "Oh well, I'm clearly fine and to be honest, he clearly ended up worse than I did in the long run."

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] EmptyFri 10 Jun 2022 - 3:23

Fawnshine

"You weren't at the Gathering, then? Well, if I had to guess.. it'd be because of the injury." She frowned. At the end of Marshmallow's sentence... Fawnshine allowed a moment of silence, recollecting her thoughts. "Is that so? I haven't been around for long enough to know better of him. I should, though. He's my clanmate regardless of all." The medicine cat glanced up, then back to look at the warrior. The moon only rose higher by the moment, the sky morphing to a pitch black.

"Your clan wouldn't mind you being out so late, but mine will. It's unfortunate we couldn't talk more. I'll look forward to our next chat though, Marshmallow. Who knows? Maybe we'll have a lucky encounter again, and not just at Gatherings." She'd smile, rising to her paws with a swift flick of her tail.

Marshmallow... That's a name I'll make sure to keep in mind.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Shadow in the Clearing [c]   A Shadow in the Clearing [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Shadow in the Clearing [c]
Page 1 of 1