Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

trial by fire [clan meeting]

Go down 
+10
cotton
Mamenchisaurus
Copperbeanz
Alex
Grey
kjSage
Flybot
Honey Badger
speedy
Holly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 May 2023 - 12:31

A black form sat detached from his gathered clanmates, listening silently to his leader's confessions. He had faith that his leader would clear everything up. Windclan cats trespassing? Nightstar had made it extremely clear that they weren't welcome and would meet an unkind fate. Attempted murder? Well, he wished that were the case. How could Nightstar have wasted one of his lives for that clan? Even after all they had done during the alliance period, Nightstar had somehow thought it would be a good idea to save one of those mouse-brained tail chasers? As for his relations with the Thunderclan leader, Nightstar had no excuses. He was guilty.

His confession was enough to make a decision, yet the leader went on, further trying to justify his actions. Fear? Anxiety? Is that all it takes for you to ignore the warrior code? Nightstar seemed to be getting desperate as he continued, as he should. Sablestrike's image of his leader, a strong and fearless cat that loved his clan just as fiercely as he hated outsiders, was slowly starting to dissolve. All he saw tonight was a desperate warrior, a shell of that unreachable tom he had once knew. This was the cat Sablestrike had once tried to pledge himself to? Sickening.

When it was time for the rest of them to speak, Sablestrike continued his silence, absorbing the clan's opinions. The tom's gaze grew harsh as he regarded Nightstar. "Nightstar's only obligation to those kits is to never be in their lives. He has done enough in siring them. Loyal warriors of Thunderclan finding out that the blood they take such pride in has been tainted by a filthy being? If I was one of those kits I'd never want to see my father." Sablestrike spoke calmly, his eyes never leaving Nightstar. With any luck the tom would see the disappointment in his eyes, the disgust. Then again, Nightstar would probably just dismiss his words as easily as he usually did. "Young or not, it doesn't take a seasoned leader to know that an affair with a cat from another clan is in violation of the warrior code. If fear and anxiety is all it takes to sway your faith in the code, I wonder what else you might do in the future. You have tarnished yourself and broken our trust." Leopardsun's children had the right idea, even if they weren't as harsh as Sablestrike would have wanted. "As of now, I do not believe you are fit to lead this clan. Harriertalon is right, you should be stripped of your position until you can earn our trust again, something that I hope isn't beyond you.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 Output12                   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 Output10                          trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2966

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 May 2023 - 18:17

Pineblossom

Pineblossom was furious, and she hoped that every step away from Fourtrees and towards ShadowClan’s camp would abate her fury, but that did not seem to be the case. By the time they arrived back at camp and Leopardsun began the meeting, Pineblossom had to hold her tongue to keep from lashing out immediately. She listened to Leopardsun’s words, then Nightstar’s explanation—plagued with contradictions, as she irritatingly noticed—and then the opinions of her fellow clanmates. She was relieved that everyone seemed to be of a similar mindset. Nightstar had messed up. Immensely.

Pineblossom took a deep breath while Sablestrike spoke so she could gather her thoughts and quell her anger. She nodded to Sablestrike when he was finished and stepped forward to say her own piece. “Nightstar,” she began in a barely-contained voice. “I could say that our clanmates have already laid out many of your errors, but considering the severity of your mistakes, I think they constitute being emphasized.” She lifted her gaze to look at Nightstar. Her eyes flamed with enough disappointment that she hoped it truly got across to him. “The matter of the fling itself is not the sole issue. Do not be confused: it is still a big issue, as our clanmates have laid out. You have spread ShadowClan blood to ThunderClan, which has strengthened them and risked hesitation in you, should we ever have to draw claws against them. However, the graver error is that you broke the warrior code, all because of your over-emotional lapse in judgment.”

Pineblossom shook her head. “You have succumbed to your emotions often. This obscene lapse in judgment, your overreactions with violence that lead to these problems, and even lashing out against your own clanmates only to immediately regret it hours later.” She still recalled how the argument between Nightstar and Swiftheart had led to a snap judgment in throwing her out of the council, only to realize the mistake later when he spoke with Pineblossom. “I think we all understand that you are just a cat, and cats make mistakes. But you are a leader. Your mistakes impact all of us. Whether you wish to accept it or not, your mistakes have led to such fury from WindClan and their medicine cat that we are now in this mess.”

Anger quaked through her body. If she were alone with Nightstar, there would be more choice words to be said. Her thoughts were less restraiend around her clanmates, but she still knew that it would be unsightly for her to tear into him now.

“Our clanmates make great points. I agree with most,” Pineblossom meowed as she began to finish her tyrade. “You cannot simply excuse something like this as a mistake. If it is lapses in judgment that keeps causing trouble, then you will need to learn to control your emotions and keep from making these mistakes. A temporary demotion, with time away from these immense responsibilities, will teach you. You must earn back the trust of your clanmates and your deputy before you can resume truly leading our clan.”

There was one more matter that she had scarcely touched upon. “I have no opinions on the kits. Moondancer makes a good point: they were raised as ThunderClan. Even if this comes as a shock to them, that does not mean their alliance will so easily switch. Even if we were to try and take them into ShadowClan, that would only anger ThunderClan. WindClan is furious enough with us as it is. I do not want to to risk any other clan at our door. Especially not when Mottlestar appears to be close with both SkyClan and RiverClan, if the defense from their leaders is anything to go off of.”

There. She said her piece. She moved back to her usual resting place and lowered down against the grass. Her head hurt from all of this. Whatever came of it, even if everything went exactly as she proposed, Pineblossom would not be happy. Everything was awful. ShadowClan was now a target of ire by WindClan and probably a handful of cats from the other clans. ShadowClan would not be in a good place for a while now.
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2424

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 18:19

Practically slithering through the crowd, Sunflare approached his mark, multicolored eyes locked onto him.
“Batswarm,” he hissed, poking his cousin with a paw. Then, he bent to whisper in his ear. “I’m going to stand up now and say my piece. You will back everything I say. If you should choose not to, I’m sure we can arrange it so that all of ShadowClan knows… kittypet.

Stretching to his full height, the cinnamon tom spoke. “I agree with those who call for punishment. The very first rule of the Warrior Code demands full loyalty to one’s own clan. Of all cats, I trusted Nightstar to follow the code, and to do it with pride! But now, I see. Nightstar is hardly a warrior at all! He’s broken the vow he made at his ceremony, and yet he holds each of us to it at ours! I, for one, am proud to have sworn my oath before Leopardsun, and not this traitor. And in addition, the creation of half-clan kits? It is a horrible crime. Their loyalty to their own clan can never be trusted. Imagine if the roles were reversed, if Nightstar were the she-cat and the brats were here!” Sunflare was thoroughly enjoying addressing the entire clan like this, but he threw in some Marshmallow-inspired crocodile tears for effect. “It is with a heavy heart that I side with those voting for demotion.”

Exile is what he deserves.
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4495

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 18:57

At first, Batswarm growled at the feeling of Sunflare's breath on his ear. But what followed that breath made his muted calico fur stand on end: he knew. Sunflare knew. Of course he knew, but Batswarm had unfortunately thought nothing of it when they had the talk about Twolegs moons begore. But... did it matter...?

The outcry of exile and different punishments made him think it was. He wasn't certain what his future was in ShadowClan, but he knew he couldn't survive outside on his own.

He side-eyed the tom next to him. Demote Nightstar? He could feel the nervous sweat building under his beautiful, flawless fur, slowly making his fur look damp. He truly didn't care what happened to Nightstar, but unfortunately he would have to play along. For now. This was for himself. "I... Agree. With Sunflare. It was hard to hide his disgust with the fake tears his cousin shed. "Nightstar broke code. Demote him like the traitor he is."

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JGgdMsS trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JGg3TFt  trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JGg3GK7 trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JGg2WjR

trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JcTsSP1  trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JcnAVnI trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 Grub_f10trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9984

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 19:14

Echomist sat at the back of the gathered crowd when his mate called for them, green eyes focused to the front. As Leopardsun explained the situation at hand, Echomist was shocked. He didn't show it but he was. A lasp in judgement..? While he hated what Nightstar had done did he deserve these harsh words? To have these half blood kits criticized for something they couldn't control? Would they judge him harshly for having impure blood? After all Batglow had rogue blood in him.. so that meant Echomist did as well. Was he filth?

Echomist hushed his breath. He would not speak. Most of the clan had said much of what he wanted to, but as everyone continued to speak emphasizing and repeating what each other had said. It was annoying.. The tom's tail tip thumped against the ground. Once.. pause.. Twice.. pause.. The pace of his tail increased with each passing moment as his irritation grew. His teeth clenching down, ignoring the pain his elongated fangs were causing him.

"That.. is ENOUGH!" His tone went from quiet to loud. "Do any of you actually have anything valuable to add to the conversation or are you all just going to repeat each other? The tom growled out his green glare fixed on all of them.

"Nightstar has admitted to his mistake. Yes it was a bad mistake but you are acting like it's the end of the world. Do all of you not remember everything he has done for us before? Does this one mistake dwarf everything he has done to improve this clan? All the hard work he has put in to make us stronger warriors?" While he was defending his brother there was irritation aimed at Nightstar as well.

Green eyes turned back to the leader. "Now you. Don't take Starclan for granted, they gave you your lives. They let you lead. If it wasn't for them then the dark forest would have kept doing what they did to Batglow and Mistyfalcon. Tell me, would you want to keep reliving their situation over and over again except it would be Swiftheart or me? Or rather Leopardsun?" He growled out.

"Stop taking everything you have for granted Nightstar, including your clan mates loyalty." While it may have not been true, at this moment it felt like that's all his brother was doing. He said what he wanted. He sat back down, looking to Leopardsun to finish this before his anger got worse.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 20:02

Leopardsun listened as her Clanmates spoke, keeping track of who had said what in her mind, but as she prepared to speak she was shocked to hear her mate's voice rise over the crowd. Echomist rarely spoke so clearly, even less so when it meant addressing a larger group.

"I believe that hearing how many of us have come to the same consensus is still important. I believe I've given enough time that any cat who wanted to speak up has done so? If not, please let me know, but... Swiftheart, I'm sorry, this cannot wait any longer.  And while it's true that this isn't the end of the world, a leader breaking the code is a truly grave mistake. It means that he has failed in his duty as a leader, failed in his responsibility to ShadowClan, and failed to respect the oath he once made as a warrior. And with those thoughts in mind, after listening to all of you, I have made my decision."

The deputy turned to face Nightstar for the first time since they'd returned: there was still fury behind her eyes, but she didn't direct it at him. Not now, at least

"You have strayed from the path of a warrior, chosen to cast aside our noble code, and failed to honor your responsibilities as a leader of ShadowClan. You have seen tonight that our trust in you is broken. Until such time as you prove yourself worthy to lead, you will be stripped of your rank- until that day comes, you will be known as Nightpaw. Whether or not you choose to repent to StarClan is between you and the medicine cats- I expect you to prove your dedication to the Clan around you, as they are the ones who will have to live with your leadership."

Again she moved to address the rest of ShadowClan.

"And I suppose that leaves the matter of confirming myself as acting leader," she sighed. "Please understand this is a temporary demotion, meant to last until trust is rebuilt. I will not be going to the Moonstone, and there is no need to address me as Leopardstar." Her face scrunched up a bit as she said the name. "In fact, I would prefer that you did not. That said, one cat cannot lead alone- and until Nightpaw has proven himself a suitable leader, I ask that Badgermask takes the position of deputy temporarily."

She had considered a few options: She couldn't burden Honeylight with this again. Sablestrike was, as always, a wild choice; she wasn't sure she was prepared to deal with the chaos that was sure to follow if she asked him to take the position. There was Echomist, but he had always shown an aversion to dealing with public speaking and that was an important aspect- he had, however, surprised her tonight. Badgermask didn't care much for it either, she knew, but she needed someone she could trust and Badgermask was clearly at least more willing to speak in a crowd.

"I think that's everything that's too pressing to wait. Consider yourselves dismissed." Leopardsun paused for a moment. She'd almost forgotten something else that couldn't wait any longer. "Except for those of you who are a part of ShadowClan's council- now that we're finished here, I would like to speak with you. Badgermask and Nightpaw, as well."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 23:30

Swiftheart listened to all leopardsun had to say.  She stood in total shock over the decision.  This was so unfair in Swifthearts eyes.  Night had made a mistake sure but to demote him to APPRENTICE??

She blinked looking around a bit just feeling very upset in general.  She had always looked up to her brother and was always loyal to Night... and now the whole clan wanted to humiliate him in the worst ways imaginable.

Swiftheart never had a big ego, she also never cared aton for being leader or even deputy.  In fact she had advocated against herself being deputy in times past. She knew that she herself was not a good leader.

But her brother was a good leader and she knew that his ego was a bit larger than her own... this would hurt him alot and she felt aweful that there was nothing she could really do about it.

It seemed and felt like the whole clan besides herself and her brother echomist had moved against Night.

She looked to Night but doubted that he could see her directly in all the crowd.  It was a look that tried to convey that she was sorry this was happening to him but there was nothing more she could do.

"please dont do anything rash" she whispered under her breath as she watched carefully to see how he would respond to all this.

Leopardsun had addressed her in the sentence and so she knew it was probably respectful to say something.

"...uhh" she was having really hard time thinking of what to say

"Thank you for your consideration of my opinion Leopardsun.  I understand your decision.  Even if I find it to be a bit too harsh... I think enough of my clanmates have voiced concerns that if you believe this to be correct that you have the authority to do so.
she finally managed to say with a respectful dip of her head to leopardsun. They might not see eye to eye on this but Swiftheart still held leo in high respect and if this was the decision she wanted to try and keep the clan as unified as possible given the circumstances.  She had hoped it could be delayed for more time to try and calm her clanmates down but she also knew leo was right... delaying this perhaps was not possible as she had initial hoped it might be.

She was not happy with leopardsuns decision at all but there was nothing she could do about it.  She also recognized that she herself was far more loyal to Night than everyone else so maybe her opinion was too biased.  Such things had own judgment before, being too personally invested in things... so perhaps she needed to take a step back and just not escalate things any further.

Once they were dismissed Swiftheart knew that her brother would likely get a second scolding from the council part as well.  Part of her wished she was still on his council so that she could try and defend him from some of that... but remembering that he was the one who removed her... well he had made his nest it was time to lie in it she supposed.

She hoped that after that he would be willing to see her but she doubted he would be wanting to do anything of that sort given all that had just happened.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3222

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 18:05

The decision had been made. And yet Tawnyshadow was not satisfied as she watched Nightstar, now Nightpaw, through narrowd eyes. Any clan cat should have been exiled for such a crime. The Warrior Code was what differentiated them from any other rouges; to break the Code was to deny that they were a part of a clan, guided by their ancestors in Starclan, and to deny that... was to be a rouge. It was as simple as that.

But she couldn't say anything as Leopardsun dismissed the meeting and called together the council members.

PostSubject: Re: trial by fire [clan meeting]   trial by fire [clan meeting] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

trial by fire [clan meeting]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2