Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] Empty
PostSubject: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptyFri 7 Apr 2023 - 11:13

The ground underfoot was lush and green as Lichenwing strolled towards the SkyClan border. Managing to slip away from his patrol had been easy - right now, things were calm in ThunderClan, and no one really had any reason to be worried or over-aware. Besides, he'd volunteered for it, anyway, and the others wouldn't miss him. He'd been unable to make plans to meet up with Juniper, but he hoped if he checked the borders often enough, he'd find her. Today, he was checking the area of the border near the big fallen oak tree. He had considered the unlikelihood of them accidentally meeting up again, but... he'd gone out of his way to be near this border, alone, on every occasion... and he had to hope that she would do the same. Which meant, the stars had to align eventually, right?

This portion of the border was the weakest in the scent markers of the ones he checked, so some cat would definitely be here today to reestablish it... he just had to hope it would be her. Finding a promising spot, Lichenwing took a running jump up a tree that overhung the border, and he sat and waited...

Hours passed, and just as he'd started to doze, Lichenwing heard something. Instantly awake, he froze, ears rotating to try and pick up the what it was, but it was quiet again. Some birds startled a little ways off, and he snapped his head towards them. It was the SkyClan side of the border, south of his current position. Lichenwing made a hmmm sound deep in his chest. Sounded like someone was hunting nearby... which meant a patrol was probably headed this way. Now much more alert, he waited some more, and it took only a little while for him to hear the ever so quiet rustle of leaves... just before Juniperheart padded into view.

Lichenwing smiled, his eyes flickering past her, to see if any other cats were following her, or if she, too, had managed to slip away. A heartbeat passed, then another, and he saw no movement in the brush. Slowly, he rose to his paws and crept along the branch, refocusing his gaze on the she-cat. She passed beneath him, and Lichenwing calculated his drop from the branch. He landed squarely on her shoulders, but kept his claws sheathed, though he did attempt to gently pin her to the ground. "Hey," he said with a grin, rasping a tongue across the top of her head. "Fancy meetin' you here."

Lichenwing used Leap and Hold on Juniperheart, dealing 8 (play) damage at the cost of 15 stamina. I'm not gonna roll for stun cuz he'll let her up if she chooses.

Lichenwing
40/40 HP
100/100 SP

Juniperheart
22/30 HP
80/80 SP
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 6:53

juniperheart
skyclan | tier 1 | she/her

"if you listen to your heart it may mislead you"

Juniperheart couldn’t hold in her sharp gasp when Lichenwing descended upon her, completely ungraceful as she fell upon the grass with a huff. ”Hello,” the molly managed to mew underneath the tom’s weight, playful but demanding as she pushed him off of her. ”What did I tell you about crossing our borders last time?” She had no bite to her words. She had decided what she would say when she finally found him again moons ago, and while she always imagined her tone being curt and demanding of course she couldn’t help but fold when actually in his presence. She wanted to appear strong to him, capable and powerful and not a cat to be toyed around with– maybe if she scared him off he’d stop creeping over into her life and taking complete control over it.

She hadn’t stopped coming to the border since she started a little after her warrior ceremony. She was looking for him, and she hated herself for it. She should be in camp or on patrol, being an active help to the clan she called home, not sneaking around just for a few exchanged words with a tom she knew little about.

Stars, she was a disgrace. Lichenwing smiled and gave her a soft kitten lick to her forehead, and Juniperheart took it like a disgrace.

Juniperheart was slow to rise to her feet, a little bashful as she searched for the words to say. You’d think, after all these days looking for him, she’d at least come up with some conversation. ”Don’t tell me you were tracking a rabbit again– you’d at least be more believable traipsing across WindClan’s borders.” she was quiet again for a minute, shaking any dust off of her coat before studying the healed up gash on Lichenwing’s shoulder. ”Those scars of yours have healed well. I mean– not terribly! You don’t look as crazed as you did when your fur was just starting to grow back in. Have you fought any more foxes recently, great ThunderClanner?” The mention of a fox made the newly healed scar on Juniperheart’s chest burn in memory. How would Lichenwing react, finding out Juniperheart had faced a fox herself? For some odd reason, she didn’t feel like sharing that Sunfire had also been there.
code by kiiko + kitty • edited by zero

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptySun 30 Apr 2023 - 9:18

"A rabbit? No," Lichenwing reply coyly, squinting his eyes at her with the ever present grin still stretched across his face. "I was hunting something much prettier'n a rabbit." He still sat lazily where she'd shoved him off, what remained of his feathery tail relaxed behind him. In the interim since the last Gathering they'd been at together, and now, the tom had been through a growth spurt. Before Juniperheart stood no awkward, gangly adolescent, but a fine young tom who had grown into the beginnings of a solid ThunderClan warrior. The fur around his face, and his legs, had darkened, almost mirroring Juniper's own darker points, and the color of his eyes had shifted from green alone, to a blue-green that stood out on his broad, handsome face.

When she mentioned his scars, Lichenwing nodded. "I like 'em, really... makes me look more distinguished, don't ya think?"

He tipped his head towards her chest, "Looks like you been in a nice scrap, yourself," he said with a raised brow, studying her face for a reaction. He half-wondered if she'd been injured severely enough to explain being so hard to find these past couple of moons. No chance of running into her if she was stuck up in the medicine den, right? But he didn't bring that up... at least not yet. If she wanted to share, he'd listen, but if not, that was cool too.

While he waited for a response, Lichenwing flicked his ears forward, in the direction of where Juniperheart had come from, listening to make sure no one was sneaking up on them. He wasn't super sure what he'd do if another member of the SkyClan patrol showed up and found them together, so... best to not let it happen in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 22:28

Flattery wasn’t going to get Lichenwing anywhere, Juniperheart thought, even as her face burned hot at being called “pretty”. ”Oh, so you’ve been hunting me now, have you? I’m not something you can take back home to ThunderClan.” She wanted to sound firm, but it came out wobbly and unsure. She was loyal to SkyClan and SkyClan only; Lichenwing had to know that. There would never be any actual romance, no moving clans or anything. She would simply refuse if he offered…

But would she really?

Juniperheart shook her head to rid the thought. Her duties come first, not her feelings and certainly not Lichenwing. She will let him slide with the banter and the visits, but that was it. No more exceptions. ”Surely Birdstar would have something to say about this, if you tried sweeping her daughter away.” She wasn’t technically Birdstar’s daughter, nor Wolfblossom’s— not by blood, at least, but Lichenwing didn’t need to know that. Maybe if he thought she had leader blood he would leave her be. 

Lichenwing took notice of her scar rather quickly, which wasn’t a surprise— Juniperheart’s coat had always been immaculate. She didn’t necessarily hate the scar, though she often worried it would make her look unapproachable; it was long and jagged, running halfway down her whole chest, and while it was a symbol of her survival it also cut through her fur in an ugly fashion and scared kits away. However, it didn’t seem to phase Lichenwing much. It may just be because the tom has scars of his own, but regardless it made Juniperheart smile. ”Ah, I suppose so. I had a run-in with a straggling fox a few moons ago; I would’ve died, too, if it wasn’t for—“ Once again, Juniperheart stopped just on the precipice of saying Sunfire’s name. The tom’s presence in her life may make Lichenwing lay off, stop running after her and instead focusing on a pretty molly from his own clan. That was what she wanted, wasn’t it? ”Thornstalker. She managed to find me just in time and get the thing running off.”

When Lichenwing moved to look over Juniperheart’s shoulder, ears at attention, panic almost immediately set in Juniperheart’s chest. Had someone followed her? She was certain there couldn’t be— she had made absolutely sure none of her clanmates had seen her before she went off into the woods. Nervously, the ragdoll molly turned her head to look behind her, startled wide eyes searching for any movement in the brush or in the trees. Not only was Lichenwing trespassing on SkyClan territory, but Juniperheart was letting him, and that was the last thing she wanted any of her clanmates to see— Birdstar would be so disappointed, surely not trusting her adoptive daughter’s loyalty, and that was a something Juniperheart couldn’t possibly face.

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 22:28

The member 'Zeroh' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Invasion Dice' :
my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] Failuredice

my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] Mistpe10
my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 22:53

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar had been leading a separate patrol through the trees, moving swiftly through the branches nearing the Fallen Oak, when Juniperheart’s voice caught her ears. It hadn’t stalled her– if anything, she was pleased to run into the ragdoll –until an unfamiliar drawl echoed in response. Curious, Birdstar slowed the patrol’s approach, hiding among the branches. It sounded like there was a scuffle, briefly, but she didn’t see it before she settled into place to watch the interaction.

She hadn’t really expected Juniperheart to run the tom off. Stars love her, she wasn’t exactly fearsome. Juniperheart wasn’t just friendly with him, though; the pair seemed familiar. Oh. A friend? Birdstar tipped her head. It did make her nose wrinkle, that Juniperheart didn’t at least roll him back to ThunderClan’s side of the border, but she cared little about stopping to talk. Birdstar caught up with friends in neighboring Clans often.

The sound of her name made the leader’s ears flick, and she watched the rest of the conversation more closely, until the ThunderClanner sat upright. Whether he’d heard their subtle shifting among the trees or caught their scent or was simply worried about trespassing, she wasn’t sure. Whatever it was, the little movement was as good a cue to make their presence known as any. Birdstar moved lower down the tree, shaking herself out before sprawling casually across the branch she’d settled on. Her tail swayed lazily below her, and she blinked slowly at the two cats.

“Hello, Juniperheart. It’s always good to see you.” She mewed warmly, nodding towards the warrior. There was no hostility in her presence, but her gaze was colder when she looked towards the tom. “And hello to you, too. You look very comfortable with our border.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 7:59

"Well, remind me to thank Thornstalker some time, then," Lichenwing said coolly, smiling. He moved closer to Juniperheart, brushing his shoulder against hers. "Hey, you ever think-" before he could finish his sentence, there was movement. He couldn't tell from which direction, and it was quiet, but he heard it. The words died in his throat, and the gray tom stiffened, lowering his head slightly and rotating his ears to try and pick up another sound. But he didn't have to look too hard, because from above, Birdstar's voice called to them.

The tension drained from his posture. It was no threat - well, not to Juniperheart, anyway - only SkyClan's leader, who greeted her clanmate warmly and then turned a slightly icier gaze to him and accusing him of being comfortable on SkyClan's territory. Lichenwing tipped his head up to look at her, offering an abashed grin. "Well if I do say so myself Birdstar you are lookin' lovely today." He stepped deliberately away from Juniperheart, putting a half-tail length between them. "Sorry for the intrusion, we were jus' catchin' up, and I s'pose I came in a lil too far... I'll jus'-" and as he trailed off, Lichenwing stepped backwards one, two, three strides, until the mingled scent of Thunder and Sky passed beneath him, and he was on the other side.

He wasn't too terribly worried about any repercussions coming from this, truthfully, and overreacting to the situation would probably make them look more guilty... but he also didn't want to push his luck. Lichenwing knew that, like Mottlestar, Birdstar was a kind, understanding leader, and would be unlikely to require a pound of flesh for simple trespass... buuuuut that wasn't a bet he was willing to take, especially considering it would potentially get Juniperheart in hot water too. So on his side of the border he would stay... for now, at least.
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 7:16

JUNIPERHEART | SKYCLAN | TIER 2

Juniperheart's throat lept from her chest into her throat, and then from her throat to the pit of her stomach. Of course this would happen to her, since her life was just one big comedy-- Juniperheart wanted to laugh, in some twisted way, but all she could do was gasp and stare. "Birdstar!" she shrieked, sounding entirely like she was doing something she wasn't supposed to. This could have been easily written off as a simple border meeting, if the molly had kept her cool-- Juniperheart wanted to smack herself. "I mean-- Birdstar! Hello! What- What are you doing out here? On patrol? I-- I forgot about that! How silly of me! I was hunting, and I ran into him, and we were just catching up! I mean-- not like I knew him! Before now! Was just meeting a neighboring clan cat, you see!"

Stars above, Juniperheart was a terrible actor. She really needed to work on that. Luckily for her, Lichenwing was much better at keeping his lid on-- the charcoal tom was quick to step back on his side of the border and look as innocent as a little kit. Sweet talker. She shot him an annoyed look over her shoulder where Birdstar couldn't see. As much as she wanted to squeal and squeak her way out of this, it was probably best for her to let Lichenwing do the talking, as irritating as he was sometimes. All Juniperheart had been doing was digging her own grave.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]   my heart has wings, to carry you away [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

my heart has wings, to carry you away [c]
Page 1 of 1