Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Carry On, Carry On [closed training]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Carry On, Carry On [closed training] Empty
PostSubject: Carry On, Carry On [closed training]   Carry On, Carry On [closed training] EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:47 am

Dacedream peered into the apprentices den for the third time that morning, working her paws apprehensively on the earth as she wondered once again whether or not she should enter. Several days had passed since Dacedream had been assigned as the new mentor for her dearest friend, Stormpaw, after the death of her own - her brother, Mistwalker. Because of the way that Stormpaw had walked away after the ceremony, Dacedream was left feeling uncertain what to do. Obviously Stormpaw needed space, and for a while Dacedream was able to give it by focusing instead on the training of her own son, but now it seemed that Stormpaw had no intention of ever coming out for more training. As the mentor, the older she-cat knew what was expected of her, but she herself had experienced grief at Houndheart's injury recently, and she understood the dark, hanging desire to sink into a nest and disappear. She was reluctant for a while.

Now, though, it had been long enough. Dacedream swallowed and took her breath, stepping in. It was nearly sun-high, and today would be the first day that Dacedream trained her friend and apprentice. She knew she needed to intervene at some point. The tortoiseshell warrior slipped into the den and gazed at the only body remaining in it. "Stormpaw, good morning," Dacedream called airily to the bundle of fur. She stopped just before her friend, looking down with as much of an encouraging expression as she could. "Jaypaw was assigned to camp duties today, and I - well, I've really wanted to go out. With you, I mean! I was hoping today could be the day. It'll be fun - like when we used to go on patrol. Right?" Dacedream offered, ears perked.

Carry On, Carry On [closed training] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Carry On, Carry On [closed training]   Carry On, Carry On [closed training] EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Stormpaw's ears perked up as Dacedream, her friend, her mentor, walked in. Training? Well, if Dacedream insisted. She was her mentor and a warrior after all. Dull blue eyes gazed back up at the tortoiseshell. Training would be good. It would distract her. She could focus on doing things that would actually help the Clan.... Right? Dacedream was still expecting an answer, so Stormpaw got up and nodded to the she-cat.

"Yes, Dacedream. Sounds... Cool. What are we doing? The smoky tabby inquired, brushing past her gently as she exited the apprentices den. It felt awkward not inquiring these things to Mistwalker, though she supposed she'd get used to it over time.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Carry On, Carry On [closed training]   Carry On, Carry On [closed training] EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 5:53 am

A few moments of silence ticked by while Dacedream stood looking with her hopeful gaze down into Stormpaw's more dull expression. Her tail twitched with worry, wondering what she should do if her apprentice said no. If it were any other cat or any other reason Dacedream was sure she could argue for it, but a grieving cat needed the space that they needed, didn't they? How long was too long? Much to her relief, though, Stormpaw began to stand without further questioning, giving Dacedream a nod. The warrior couldn’t keep a grin from spreading across her face at the relief and, admittedly, renewed hope that she felt with Stormpaw’s approval.

As the apprentice brushed past Dacedream to exit, Dacedream’s tail curled happily over her back, and she swiftly turned to follow. ”Cool! Well, um, I was thinking that I haven’t been towards the ShadowClan border in at least a couple of days. I thought we could go check the markers and maybe do a little hunting on the way,” Dacedream answered cheerfully. Her ears flicked, and she noted to herself, Truthfully, I don’t know what Mistwalker taught her already. I don’t know how to ask her, but I’m sure I could get her to show me when we’re out. When they entered the clearing, Dacedream took the lead, though she kept looking back brightly at Stormpaw hoping she didn’t dislike the idea.

Carry On, Carry On [closed training] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Carry On, Carry On [closed training]   Carry On, Carry On [closed training] EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 am

Stormpaw hummed in approval and nodded gently, registering Dacedream's commands. Mistwalker would have told her what they were doing, without her opinion. Dacedream was less strict than Mistwalker, she wanted her opinion. Mistwalker had worked with her to prevent hesitation and worry. Dacedream wanted to patrol the ShadowClan border. Mistwalker had praised her for catching a bird on her first try. Dacedream had never hunted with her before. At least, not to test her abilities. Mistwalker had been a good mentor. Dacedream was a good friend. Mistwalker was stern. Dacedream was friendly. Would Dacedream be a good mentor too?

"Yeah, sure, whatever you want to do, it's your decision after all." She pointed out, shrugging. She padded after Dacedream, giving the dilute tortoiseshell molly a forced smile when she looked back. Stormpaw had never been along the ShadowClan border on a patrol, but she knew their scent; it reeked. Dacedream's dark hazel eyes looked so cheery, Stormpaw felt bad for bothering her. Why had Nettlefire chosen her to be Dacedream's apprentice? Stormpaw was nothing but an issue, besides, Mistwalker had taught her the basics. She could've just tuned into training sessions, not bothering any warrior by being their official apprentice. Still, Dacedream was her mentor, so she'd be a good apprentice for her friend.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Carry On, Carry On [closed training]   Carry On, Carry On [closed training] EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 am

Oblivious to her friend's hesitance and inner turmoil, Dacedream continued walking straight out of the camp, beaming with pride that Stormpaw was receptive to the suggestion. Even the passive comment that it was up to the mentor didn't seem to warn Dacedream of the slight disconnect. She was just delighted to see Stormpaw out and about and talking to other cats again, especially after everything she had been through in the last two moons. Dacedream trotted along through the forest with her tail flicking contentedly behind her.

As the warrior moved through the forest towards the border with her friend / apprentice, she thought about what her first session with Stormpaw should look like. A border patrol with some passing hunting was a good place to start, but how would Dacedream learn her friend's battle moves? Was it too much to do all three in a day? She wasn't sure how to plan the best training session without knowing what Stormpaw needed to know versus what she already knew.

Dacedream made a soft mrrp of thought before finally saying aloud with a thoughtful voice, "I think the ShadowClan border is my least favourite - especially after ThunderClan tried to help SkyClan make peace with them and then got sucked into a battle anyways. It's always been so dark and icky-looking over there. Dawngaze said the ShadowClan warriors sleep during the day, so we're not likely to run into a patrol. The Thunderpath is always there, though. It's always intimidating." Dacedream turned her head to look curiously at Stormpaw. "Have you seen the Thunderpath yet?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carry On, Carry On [closed training]   Carry On, Carry On [closed training] Empty

Back to top Go down

Carry On, Carry On [closed training]
Page 1 of 1