Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

where paths split [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

where paths split [c] Empty
PostSubject: where paths split [c]   where paths split [c] EmptyFri 10 Mar 2023 - 9:26

Everything put her on edge these days. Every little snap of a twig, every little rustle of the leaves. All of it was in some deep-rooted paranoia that what would emerge from the foliage was a nightmare she had long fought to shake. Had worked gruelingly against her mind, day in and day out, to assuage a fear that had become nothing more than a fairytale. Bloodstrike had been exiled, with Beechfang accompanying him. She held no sense of ill will against the latter of the two, if anything fully understanding that she simply followed where her loyalties resided. But when it came to the former? There was a scar that ran deep. Much, much deeper than the roots of the trees of her homeland, of the bonds that inevitably forged the two cats together. She hated it, had taken many attempts at severing that bond. But no matter what she did, it was always there, always a threat she was forced to face in the patches of water that found themselves littering Skyclan's territory. In the way she went about her life, in the decisions that she made.

It got to a point she had filed it away in her mind. Something to no longer truly impact her daily life, even if it permanently altered who she was and how she existed. It was why, when the news had been delivered, Moonlily had immediately moved her den away from Skyclan's camp. Even with the return of two more faces that should have brought her solace, it only brought her more panic. She had forced her claws to be sheathed as she had caught her leader a few sunrises ago, feeling small as she had passed along the question.

"Birdstar, will you please meet with me by the creek? I... need to talk."

She had waited by the creek, a day or two passing. Moonlily held no doubts that Birdstar had been busy, not even batting an eye as it had taken a day or two for her leader to show up. It didn't bother her in the slightest, and she'd taken to waving in greeting to Falconpaw during his evening patrols whenever he came by. Life went on. It went on without her. If anything, it brought her the solace that her choice wasn't about to be of some detriment to the clan. They'd go on without her, certainly. It was just time to finally make that choice.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2484

PostSubject: Re: where paths split [c]   where paths split [c] EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 12:25

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Moonlily’s sheepish request to talk was far from a surprise. Birdstar regretted that; she wished she could have spent the days before the conversation wild with anxiety, overthinking what the warrior needed to speak privately about. Somehow, she thought that would have felt better than the quiet knowingness. Though she was kept too busy to visit Moonlily immediately, the molly’s request lingered constantly in her mind.

Bloodstrike’s return to SkyClan had been unexpected, but it had at least been controlled– for Birdstar, at least. It was her decision to make, to guide him back to camp, and knowing had allowed her to brace for the reactions. Briarthorn and Nightbird’s appearance, though– unexpected, and uncontrolled.

She padded lightly through the territory now. It wasn’t long before the soft rush of early thaw hit her ears, and Birdstar picked up the pace until she spotted Moonlily. Her tail lifted to catch her attention, and Birdstar dipped her head in a stiff nod as she drew closer. “Hello,” she mewed quietly. There was room for further greeting, but she didn’t see the point in circling around things. “I’m sure I can make an educated guess what you want to talk about, but go ahead and tell me. I’m listening.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: where paths split [c]   where paths split [c] EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 12:51

She had hoped for Birdstar's appearance to bring her more comfort. To bring her a sensation that she could hold close to her chest without pain, to calm the storm that raged on inside. But instead, it brought the opposite. Running feelings of regret, of desperation, of a situation that she wanted to wake up from replaced any comfort that she prayed would come. For such a large molly, she seemed rather timid. Far too timid to be the experienced warrior that she truly was, who fearlessly slept outside of camp each and every night. She should have been stronger in appearance, but it was like the glass had been shattered and there was no hope of gluing it back together.

Sitting up straighter, the molly allowed herself time to ground herself into the dirt as Birdstar spoke. It was true, there was no use in formalities that extended beyond what was due. They both knew what they were here for. "Hi. ... Thank you for coming." She began with. The least that Moonlily could do was appear dignified before her leader, especially as she had asked for Wolfblossom to not appear alongside her. It would just make it easier. "Yes... you're more likely right than not." It was an unfortunate turn of events, certainly.

"I do not want to make this hard in any manner, or a fight of who stays and who goes. I recognize his place here, as well as that of my mother and brother. But in turn, I... I cannot promise that my existence as a member of this Clan is the best option for safety. Birdstar, I fully recognize within myself that I am unable to keep an oath that I will not hurt another clanmate, and I know you are aware of who I refer to." She spoke swiftly, and the words felt diplomatic on her tongue. It was the best she could do without feeling as if her throat wanted to close, as if she wanted nothing else than to run. Moonlily held her gaze to Birdstar's, but the respect was there. "For all of the moons of progress I have made, they have failed me. I request your permission and blessing to leave Skyclan immediately, on good terms, and to not come back. When I became a warrior, I took an oath to protect my Clan, and this is the best way that I can fulfill that. By not staying where I know I may exist as a danger."

She took a heavy breath, the words having left her tongue. There was no going back from here. "Yewfrost has been a wonderful companion to me, and I cannot speak on his behalf. But I must also make you aware that there... is a chance that he may follow my leave, too."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2484

PostSubject: Re: where paths split [c]   where paths split [c] EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 16:15

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar issued another nod at the timid pleasantries. It made her feel a little worse about everything, watching Moonlily shift between paws, seeming so small despite her size. She kept quiet, not wanting to disrupt when the molly found her stronger voice, though her ears flicked to attention within the first few words. A fight of who stays and who goes had her eyes narrowing, but there was little time for her to debate the obvious conclusion before Moonlily confirmed it herself: she was leaving SkyClan.

She didn’t bother to keep the shock off her expression. Birdstar blinked as Moonlily carried on, listening carefully to her words. She didn’t trust herself not to attack Bloodstrike. The mention of her other family members, though not exactly a shock, made her ears twitch again. If anything, she would think seeing them alive and well, and being able to take comfort in the future of their health, would ease the burn of Bloodstrike’s return.

Frustration came to life in her chest, but the skittish finality in Moonlily’s voice forced her to quell it. It threatened to show on her features as she got a preemptive apology on Yewfrost’s behalf, but Birdstar kept her expression neutral and gaze steady.

“You’re leaving.” She simplified calmly. Birdstar held the other warrior’s gaze for a moment before a sigh overtook her and she had to close her eyes to gather herself. She was looking past Moonlily’s shoulder at the creek when her eyes opened again. “This is a shock, honestly. Anyone could guess what this was about, but I didn’t expect you to say that.” Agitation warred with something near understanding. Birdstar kept her voice soft, despite the worst of her feelings about the situation.

“I would argue, but I don’t see the point in demanding otherwise. You’ve clearly already made up your mind. And if you truly believe yourself to be a danger, then you are unfit to remain in SkyClan.” The last words took on a more grave air. Birdstar was picking up the formal voice she used for addressing the Clan as a whole. It felt right, for some reason; even while her chest was tightening with the feeling of betrayal, making up rites for the departure provided a sense of closure.

“If it is truly your wish, then I strip you of your rank as a warrior of SkyClan. As requested, we’ll remain on good terms– do not exploit my trust in you. You served your Clan well during your time as a warrior, but the title fits you no longer.” Another heavy sigh left her, and Birdstar’s head bent. Returning to her more casual tone, “I will keep an eye on Yewfrost if he does not approach me himself. I hope the rest of your days are safe, Moonlily.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: where paths split [c]   where paths split [c] EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 16:25

The moment of connection that the two mollies shared was fleeting, but it was more than enough that Moonlily needed for closure. She dipped her head, and she expected the words to burn more. But if anything, it simply felt... right. This was the path she needed to take, both for her Clan, and for herself. "It is. Thank you, Birdstar, for understanding. And I give my thanks to Skyclan for offering me this home, for all of the moons I have been proud to dedicate myself to this Clan." It was all that she had to say, it was all that there was to say.

Lifting her head back up, as small as she still felt, she was able to offer a weak smile. "May Starclan light your path, Birdstar, as I know it already shines bright." It was her final goodbye. There was only one last effort to take care of - Yewfrost. So the molly dipped her head in respect one last time before taking her path towards where she had been calling home. It was once her back was to Birdstar that the tears ebbed at the corner of her vision, and she didn't make any attempt at blinking them away. Birdstar understood.

Moonlily of Skyclan was no more... she was simply Moonlily.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where paths split [c]   where paths split [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

where paths split [c]
Page 1 of 1