Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Left Behind [O]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3056

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptyFri 24 Feb 2023 - 13:29

Falconpaw could see further than he could before. What happened to all of the trees? It was only an open expanse of rolling hills and long grass. There were little speckles of color, colors that Falconpaw had no name for, all across the field. It wasn't much, but it should have captivated him more than it should. Falconpaw looked to his left and spotted a light brown tabby tom, his eyes an icy blue rather than a fiery sky blue like Falconpaw's. They were talking calmly, but Falconpaw got a feeling this tom didn't like him very much. The words were muffled as if underwater, and Falconpaw, as you do in dreams, saw no issue with it. He could have swore the words on the tom's mouth formed a familiar word: "Falcon". But whatever else was said was lost.

Falconpaw blinked and looked away from the other tom... and his eyes landed on an odd, skinny dog barreling right toward them.

Falconpaw jerked awake, only to be immediately blinded by sunshine. Instead of rolling onto another apprentice like he typically did, the apprentice den was already empty. How long had he been asleep? The apprentice jumped to his paws and raced outside, eyes snapping wildly around for any clue as to what was going on. Where were his siblings even? There were a few warriors milling about, dropping food on the fresh-kill pile. Nothing seemed to be in any disarray... so what was going on?

"Excuse me," He asked a warrior passing by. Bluestripe maybe? He couldn't quite recall this one's name. "Where has everyone gone? Smokestep should have come to get me." Bluestripe shook his head and explained that several cats tried to wake him up, but he was sleeping deeply. They feared he might have been sick until Wolfblossom informed them of his issues with dreams constantly interrupting his sleep. "The deputy ordered your patrol to leave without you and let you catch up on your rest. Stay here in camp for now until your patrol returns for evening rounds." Bluestripe clearly had other things that he wanted to do and moved off without another word. Falconpaw's ears folded back a bit and his eyes hardened.

"I'm fine... I would have rather gone on patrol." He growled, to no one at all. Annoyed, but unable to do anything about it now, the apprentice walked to the freshkill pile and pulled a quail off of it. He was in a mood now, and didn't care who might not like what he was doing. If they wanted to prevent this in the future then maybe they will throw water on him next time to make sure that he comes along for patrol.

He plopped down in front of the apprentice den and angrily plucked the feathers off of his quail.

My dreams are no one's business. I'm fine! I could have gone on patrol! He ripped the feathers and flung them with a fury, despite the fact that they only flew a very short distance before sinking to the ground. He didn't know how he would say it, but he would tell his mother later that he didn't appreciate her telling everyone his business.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #996699 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2888

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 11:27

While Falcon had not awoken any aprentices, he had awoken the big warrior Stormwatcher when he had gotten his quail.

It was no suprise that Stormwatcher had conviniently fallen asleep right next to the fresh kill pile as the two things the lazy warrior liked most were food and sleep.

He didnt particualrly like being awakened either by the munching and crunching that was going on and the crummy attitude the appretnice was clearly in.

"mehhh aarhahhhh" he groaned in complaint as he stretched and slowly awokened the rest of the way his eyes landing on the apprentice who had so rudly intupeted his nap.

"well gee if I didnt know any better your mood gives off the vibe someone marked your quail as a scent border.  Whats got you all cranky?" he yawned standing up to his full massive height.

Stormwatcher as an apprentice was an absolute genious when it came to missing patrols.  He managed to skip more patrols than he got sent on probably.  Either from dodgeing the deputy or whoever his mentor for the day was stormwatcher when he was an apprentice would have been overjoyed to be left behind and allowed to sleep a patrol away. Back when blood was leader he could sleep most the day away and just do absoultly as little as possible to still get by.. he sorta missed blood being leader but at the same time blood had no place in this clan anymore, blood being around was no good anymore, it could only lead to conflict with bird and he for one didnt need any rocking of the boat. If blood started doing some junk well it would be unfortunate for sure... so unfortunate that the ex leader might end up facing a fox that was just a little too powerful for him... a tragic event it would be... so far blood hadnt tried to pull anything but if he did well he could deal with that later

More rectently, Wolf had been really cracking the whip on him and actually had gotten him into a somewhat better state but there was alot of bad habbits he still carried forward.

He picked out a squirrel and ate next to the apprentice, well if he was awake he might as well eat with his clanmate.  Not that he really cared to get to know him all that much.  Clanmates were just sorta a nice security net.  Besides this one here might be taking care of him if he ever got to retire to that sweet elder den so might as well learn his name.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 11:28

(OOC: oh yea and to avoid timeline confusion lets go with this happens before falcon flops in the river)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:10

Falconpaw's ears flicked forward when Stormwatcher rolled over. The apprentice had been so angry about being left behind that he hadn't even noticed the big warrior by the freshkill pile. He really needed to learn to pay better attention or it could cost him. He didn't expect Stormwatcher to actually talk to him either... but he did. Falconpaw blinked once and stared for a moment, brown feathers of the quail poking out of his mouth. He spit them out with a flick of his tongue and let the wind take them.

"My patrol left without me. Why else would I be mad?" His tone was a soft growl, but he wasn't about to take it out on Stormwatcher, who had done nothing to him. Or... anything really. He hadn't decided how he felt about the warrior. On one hand, he was extremely lazy and Falconpaw would be worried if he ever had to rely on the warrior in a fight. On the other, Falconpaw knew that that was basically all he knew about him... and maybe that wasn't enough to go on.

What else was going on with this tom? Was there anything more to him than just being lazy? As Stormwatcher sat beside Falconpaw with a squirrel, the apprentice went back to plucking his quail. The rhythmic rip of feathers was calming. Eventually he would get around to eating it, but until it was very close to being naked, he actually wasn't sure how much he actually wanted to eat it.

"I guess you're not assigned to go anywhere right now?" Falconpaw thought he'd know the answer, but he'd let the older tom speak anyway.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 17:05

Stormwatcher's ears twitched... Falconpaw was mad cause he got to sleep in and not have to go on some dumb patrol?? This guy truly was either a try-hard or completely brainwashed. But he had been trying to get along better with his clanmates more cause Wolf had gotten on his case alot.

oh uhmm of course... sorry bout that, never fun to feel left out of stuff

And either way, to stormwatcher it was good to have clanmates who tried super hard, less for him to have to pull right? And he usually only ever thought of himself so that was fine by him if this dude wanted to go on lots of patrols.

Falconpaw asked if he had any patrols... He glanced upward trying to actually remember... He was probably supposed to be doing something... but since no one had told him otherwise he had actually been planning on continuing his nap after this.

But something about Falcon made him confused to the point of being curious. He had never encountered anyone with such high work ethic before... someone who actually wanted to go on patrols??

He grinned a bit to himself... had he just found a gold mine?

If he could convince Faclon dude that he was a friend maybe Falcon would be willing to take a bunch of his patrols later on.

One of the few ways to make storm work is to either get Wolf on his tail or to make him see a possible return on investment... and right now he was thinking that: If I take this dude on patrol now... he'll be grateful maybe and I can use that later for him to take my slots on patrols... plus wolf will probably like that im "taking the initiative" or some garbage idk

he finished his meal and waited a bit for his companion of sorts to finish plucking the feathers from his and finally eat it.

"uhh well I guess I could take you on patrol if you wanted?" he offered.

"since you missed your first one" the tone on the you was emphasized just a little, really drive home that guilt factor maybe to make falcon more likely to say yes and icing on the cake of making him feel like he would owe storm later.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 22:41

Falconpaw wasn't entirely sure what to expect from Stormwatcher. He dug into his quail finally, though the bites were small and he chewed for a ridiculous amount of time before he swallowed. The bitter resentment of being left behind filled his stomach to the point he didn't have as much room for the quail as he thought. The silence that passed between them was a little awkward, but Falconpaw busied himself with his meal and got lost in his own thoughts.

I need to make sure this doesn't happen again. Maybe I could go to Plumleaf and ask her to make me something that will help me sleep. What if it makes me sleep longer though? Is that even a good idea?

Stormwatcher eventually spoke again. Falconpaw's frustration was gone in an instant at the offer to go on patrol with him. The apprentice exploded to his feet, his eyes practically two blue flames dancing in his skull and his tail straight up in the air.

"DO YOU REALLY MEAN THAT, STORMWATCHER?!" He didn't wait for an answer. He bounced on his toes excitedly, vibrating with energy. Suddenly... he was famished. The apprentice tore into the quail and swallowed... almost choking on a piece too big... to say that he'd finished his meal and was ready to leave.

"Stormwatcher, I don't care what the rest of the clan says about you! You're foxing awesome!" Oop! That was a... a word he wasn't supposed to say... He tried to bury it quickly and immediately began to put his mouth to work again.

"Alright, I'm ready! Let's go! We're going to kill everything in sight and bring it back here! Birds, rats, squirrels, bugs... foxes, badgers, dogs... I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS!!!" He trusted Stormwatcher to be right with him... and he power-walked right out of camp. His eyes set to look in every direction, his ears swiveled at every tiny sound in the forest and his nose was set to work out every scent on the breeze.

"They'll never leave me behind on a patrol again Stormwatcher! Never again! We just have to do a really good job today and I am ready to get things done!" He leaped into a nearby tree and ascended the trunk as fast as any squirrel could. He'd travel along the branches for the best vantage point possible. He wasn't going to miss a single thing!

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 17:39

Stormwatcher blinked slowly ... huh?? what was all this?

The apprentice looked like he had a new jolt of energy.

"Hey... what does the rest of the clan say about me?" he asked annoyed as Falconpaw only talked faster and faster it made Storm's head spin.

Stormwatcher did not care what words he used at all as far as foxing went. The warrior put his front paw over his face already regretting this.

How did this dude have so much energy and why was he so hyper and wanting to do this anyways? Most cats were not this excited to go on some patrol and Storm certainly wasnt.

But he guessed it sorta did what he wanted of getting the apprentice to like him somewhat... as long as he could pawn off future patrol shifts onto this Falconpaw it was alright to have to be dragged along for this one.

He quickly caught up the the fast younger tom... but then Falconpaw had to be even more extra and climb a tree.

Stormwatcher sighed... he was skyclan alright. And although stormwatcher was good at tree climbing too having grown up here, he didnt love doing it... so much work. Maybe the other clans did figure that out and thats why they all stayed on the ground.

Begrudgingly, he followed the apprentice up to see if there was any prey around. "humm... see anything?" he asked his somewhat impromptu hunting partner

Storm hadn't seen anything yet but a scent of squirrel was nearby maybe they could get it... or better yet maybe falcon could catch it and storm could eat it.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

Left Behind [O] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left Behind [O]   Left Behind [O] EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 23:04

Stormwatcher was right on his heels. Nice! Falconpaw didn't spot anything at first, so off t the next tree he went. He could practically be part squirrel with the way he moved and his confidence in leaping from one tree's branches to the other.

"Oh uh... don't worry about it Stormwatcher!" He asnwered in response to the question of what do the other clanmates say about him. Only that you're lazy and good for nothing... well here is your chance to prove them wrong! Falconpaw crept along other branches with a smooth, skilled silence and he spotted a rabbit at the base of one of the trees. Perfect!

"Rabbit!" He exclaimed softly to his companion. He began to practically glide from one tree to the next to get a better shot at catching it. He wondered if he missed, would Stormwatcher assist him or not. He hoped he would. A rabbit was big enough to feed several cats.

Falconpaw positioned himself above the rabbit on a branch and he had to force his tail to not go spastic with excitement. Once he was fairly sure his position was good, he bunched up his haunches and he pounced. His claws extended out in front of him, and he hoped to the Stars that he would land on it correctly.

Falconpaw attempted to catch a rabbit. He was [UNSUCCESSFUL] -5SP

"NO!" He hissed as his claws met only empty air. The rabbit bolted and Falconpaw ran after it with a fury. "Jump on it!" He yowled up the cat in the trees, hoping that Stormwatcher could pounce on it in time.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by Tara on Tue 7 Mar 2023 - 23:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt