Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 7 Feb 2023 - 21:30

Fawnshine

As the early morning rays hit her eyelids, Fawnshine awakened from her den, her breathing becoming normal as she rose and stretched. Through the curtains of vines in front of her medicine den, she could see that it was about time for the Moonstone journey of a fellow apprentice, and she quickly went over to her shelf of herbs to grab the herb bundle she prepared the night before. Holding it in her jaws, she headed out of her den, and towards the apprentice's den in search for Lichenpaw.

"Lichenpaw? It's time for your Moonstone journey."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 11:41

Lichenpaw could be found flat on his back next to his brother in the apprentices' den, mouth open, snoring gently. Every so often a paw would twitch, or he'd grunt as he dreamed, probably about beating something up, or... Darkspirit beating him up. Who knew? When he heard his name called, he didn't register it at first, but after a moment, he blinked awake, his subconscious finally telling him that, yes, that was real life, not a dream.

Rolling to his paws, the fluffy gray apprentice yawned, stretching out each limb in turn as he padded towards the entrance with bleary eyes. Was it time for training already? The sun wasn't even fully awake yet! But he knew better to complain, and as he poked his head into the camp expecting to see his mentor, instead he saw Fawnshine. Lichenpaw tilted his head. "Oh, hullo Fawnshine... Didja see Darkspirit anywhere? I could'a swore I heard him yellin' for me just now."
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 18:38

Fawnshine

Fawnshine flicked her tail, turning away from the apprentice to look out of the apprentice's den. She looks back to Lichenpaw with a shake of the head, whiskers twitching in intrigue. "Perhaps you have been dreaming. I've excused him for your presence today. You'll be heading to Highstones with me this morning, so have no worries about your training sessions until we return." She nods politely, before gesturing to the bundle of herbs she had set down. "These herbs will help ease you of exhaustion during our journey." Once the apprentice finished, she would lead him out of camp.

-----

"Inside the tunnel will be dark. Follow the tip of my tail, or my scent closely. It'll brighten up once we arrive." Fawnshine spoke, making sure Lichenpaw confirmed before she headed into the Mothermouth. Soon enough, the Moonstone shone in view, and she gestured for him to step toward it. "Touch your nose to the stone, and StarClan will do the rest. I'll be here when you wake up."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023 - 7:22

After the long journey to the Mothermouth, Lichenpaw was tired... but he was way, way more excited. Once it came into view, he bounded forward ahead of Fawnshine, paws thundering against the earth. He skidded to a halt just at the mouth of the cave and peered inside: dark. Excitement buzzed through his toes, all the way to the tips of his ears as he turned and waited for the medicine cat to catch up.

She did, and explained things to him that Lichenpaw accepted with an eager nod. "Okay, I'll follow right behin' ya!" and he did, until finally they were in the room with the central, glowing stone. Lichenpaw half-circled it, inspecting, and turned to Fawnshine again. "StarClan will talk to me here? For real?" Without waiting for an answer, he crawled forward on his belly, touching the stone. At first nothing happened, and he was left lying there with a chill creeping up his torso from the cold stone beneath him. It was silent, the only sound being the breathing of the two cats in the confined, dark space... and then slowly, Lichenpaw's eyes began to close.

When they opened, he was alone, but only for a second. Before his eyes, the shape of a cat materialized, stars blinking in his pelt. There stood a tall, lanky marbled tom with eyes of amber that held a smile bigger than the one that was plastered to his face.

"Hello, Lichenpaw," the stranger said. "My name is Crow-"

"Are you really from StarClan?" Lichenpaw interrupted, moving forward to inspect the other cat. He got close enough to touch, and with an amused expression, the older tom nodded.

"Yes, my name is Crow-"

"Right but you live here, in StarClan? An' it's real? There's a buncha dead cats up here?" His eyes swept the terrain behind Crow-whatever, but he didn't see any other cats. "Where's everyone else?"

"I do live here," the other tom continued. "My name is Crow-" he paused, eyeing Lichenpaw as if waiting to be cut off again. When the apprentice remained silent, he finished. "-caller. I'm the cat who was chosen to speak with you today. To give you advice, or... impart some wisdom."

Lichenpaw turned his attentions back to Crowcaller. "Advice? Wisdom?" He tilted his head. "Hm. I dunno. How'd you die?"

A snort of amusement left Crowcaller. "I got aquainted the wrong end of a snake... Those things don't mess around, that's for sure."

"Well, I guess there's my wisdom, then?" Lichenpaw grinned. "Don't mess with snakes?"

"I suppose that's true," Crowcaller laughed easily. "Do you have any questions or anything for me, young Lichenpaw? A worry I could ease?"

"Hmm. D'you think it's possible I could be leader some day?" Lichenpaw asked.

Crowcaller smiled. "You know what? I think you could be anything you'd like. You got the fire in you, kid." He moved forward to touch his nose to Lichenpaw's, and the apprentice lifted his head to accept the gesture.

"It was nice meetin' ya, Crowcaller."

"You too, Lichenpaw."

And that was the last thing he heard before he woke up, back in the cavern with Fawnshine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey   Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Lichenpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1