Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Windfalls (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2461

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Lighttail savored the night air as she led her apprentice out onto the marsh. Tonight would be Applepaw’s very first hunting trip, and every whisker on the silver warrior trembled with anticipation. As they reached their destination, Lighttail turned to the tom. “All right, ready for your first lesson? We’ll start with a simple crouch.” She lowered herself close to the ground, demonstrating. “Now you try,” she mewed as she stood up.
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 10:15 am

Applepaw followed closely behind Lighttail, stopping every so often to sniff at each strange rock he encountered and peppering her with questions the entire time.

"Lighttail, do you think I'll be cool like you when I'm older? You know, I'm basically a warrior already, this training thing is just sort of a formality. I could do this stuff with my eyes closed and one paw behind my back!" He proudly announced, his chest puffed up with pride as he paused his rant to listen to his mentor's instructions.

"Crouching? Pfft. That looks easy." Applepaw attempted to recreate Lighttail's stance, stooping low to the ground and tucking his tail close to his body.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 2:33 pm

Lighttail couldn’t help but smile at Applepaw’s cocky attitude. It reminded her a lot of Sablestrike at that age, already confident in his future as a leader. She was also pleasantly surprised at Applepaw’s hunting form. “Good, Applepaw. Just hold your tail a tad bit higher,” she mewed. “You don’t want it too close to the ground or it might drag and frighten the prey, not to mention get really messy.” Having a fluffy tail herself, Lighttail had learned that last part pretty fast. “Now I’ll demonstrate a hunt.” The warrior began searching for a prey-scent. It was rather difficult in the snow, but she eventually found one. Smoothly, the silver cat stalked her prey.

Drat! She missed! Returning to Applepaw, she spoke. “Leafbare can make the hunting difficult. See if you can catch something before I do.” She tried to look confident, but unease prickled within her chest. She’d smelled something that she didn’t like back near the mouse. “I’m going to check a scent trail, meet me back here once you’ve tried to catch something.”

As Lighttail returned to the trail, the stench of Twolegs reached her nose. She gasped when another scent met the trail. Sunpaw. And there, where the paths met, was a mark in the snow. There’d been a trap here. And Sunpaw’s trail ended in fear-scent.

A roll of 9 brought a Twoleg trap encounter. Sunpaw’s being taken in Wave 2 so I went ahead and killed two birds with one stone.

Last edited by Nerd on Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 2:33 pm

The member 'Nerd' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Applepaw rolled his eyes, disliking the fact that his form had been corrected. He'd been so sure he knew what he was doing, how embarrassing to have been that confident and still have been wrong. His tail lashed, frustration evident in his gaze though he reluctantly focused back on Lighttail's words. He was only half-watching his mentor attempt the catch, as he was momentarily sidetracked by a rustle in the bushes nearby. When she missed the catch, he couldn't help but let out a self-assured scoff.

"I can do better than that!" The tom exclaimed, seeming to forget who was supposed to be teaching who as he charged away to show his mentor how it was done. Nevermind that this would be his first attempt, he'd been practicing on the bugs in fourtrees since he was a kit, surely the real thing couldn't be that hard. It wasn't long before he scented a mouse, not his ideal prey but he supposed he wasn't exactly in a position to be picky. Dropping into the stance he'd been shown, Applepaw double checked the position of his tail before creeping forward. He was barely a whisker away from making an awesome catch when out of the corner of his eye he saw a flash of grey and black fur moments before sharp teeth clamped down on his leg. A sharp crack could be heard as fangs crunched through bone. Applepaw screeched in pain and fury, desperately trying to free himself from the creatures grip.

The raccoon has used Iron Bite, dealing 17 dmg and -30 sp

Applepaw:
3/20 HP[-17]
55/60 SP [-5]

Raccoon
20/20 HP
90/120 SP [-30]

Last edited by zenpaii on Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 4:59 pm

The member 'zenpaii' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Windfalls (closed) Mistpe10
Windfalls (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Lighttail’s head snapped up as a scream reached her ears. Sunpaw was gone, she knew, but right now her own apprentice needed help. In a flash of silver fur, she leapt out of the bushes at the raccoon, tackling it with all her strength.

Lighttail used Jumping Strike, dealing 8 damage (7 base, 1 Night Finesse) and costing 7 stamina.

Applepaw:
3/20 HP
55/60 SP

Raccoon
12/20 HP (-8)
90/120 SP

Lighttail
30/30 HP
73/80 SP (-7)
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Sagittarius Monkey

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 5:52 pm

The raccoon's grip was forcibly dislodged as Lighttail launched herself at it, granting Applepaw relief from the crushing bite. He could barely register the pain of the open wound, his mind was consumed with anger. Lunging forward, he closed his jaw around the raccoons throat, feeling a rush of satisfaction as blood bathed his tongue. Let's see how you like it, flea-pelt!

The pest-like creature clearly didn't enjoy getting a taste of it's own medicine, as it promptly let out an enraged growl, it's beady black eyes glinting with malice as it swung a paw forward, sharp claws catching in Applepaw's ear. He hissed in pain, backing away with his injured paw held close to his chest.

"Lighttail? I feel kinda..." The apprentice swayed on his paws, the extensive blood loss making him lightheaded. Before he could finish his sentence, he collapsed into a crumpled heap on the ground, the shallow rise and fall of his flanks the only indicator that he was still alive. The raccoon panted with exhaustion, shooting a quick glance toward Lighttail as if weighing it's options, before finally deciding it wasn't worth it and fleeing into the undergrowth.

Applepaw used Snap, dealing 6 dmg and -7 stamina. The raccoon used Quick Swipe, dealing 8 dmg and -10 stamina. Applepaw is KO'd and can no longer fight. The raccoon has retreated.

Applepaw
-7/10 HP [-8]
48/60 SP [-7]

Raccoon
6/20 HP [-6]
80/100 SP [-10]

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 6:18 pm

Lightpaw’s chest and flanks heaved as she saw the raccoon run off. So much for hunting. Turning to Applepaw, she began to speak. “Come on, let’s get back to…” She never finished. Her apprentice lay in a crumpled heap in the snow. Lighttail felt sick. She’d failed yet again to protect someone who depended on her. Carefully, she heaved Applepaw up onto her back and headed to Highstones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windfalls (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windfalls (closed)   Windfalls (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Windfalls (closed)
Page 1 of 1