Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

about ebony's ban

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Winterpaw

Winterpaw

Aries Dog
Number of posts : 1643

about ebony's ban - Page 2 Empty
Postabout ebony's ban

tw// bathroom-centric 1st grade level name calling

this site's staff are stupid poopoo heads

Last edited by Winterpaw on Sun 18 Sep 2022 - 11:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

about ebony's ban :: Comments

Lysithea
Re: about ebony's ban
Post Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 7:02 by Lysithea
*I had one more realization that one of my accusations was that I also harassed members and staff. If there are any members that feel as if they were harassed by me, I'm sorry, and please PM me on this account or discord Ebony#0420 if you can, so we can sort things out! (Or just post it here. I'm a big fan of transparency! )

As for the staff, I realized that it would also be a good idea to show the private conversations that happened between me and the staff members who had accused me before this point. Please decide for yourself if these count as harassment. If any happened on the public discord itself, I'm sorry and I hope we addressed those things in the moment.

Gomennasai  + arigato gozaimasu.

https://imgur.com/a/n6UBvmB

- Ebs
kjSage
Post Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 10:13 by kjSage
Lysithea wrote:
*I had one more realization that one of my accusations was that I also harassed members and staff. If there are any members that feel as if they were harassed by me, I'm sorry, and please PM me on this account or discord Ebony#0420 if you can, so we can sort things out! (Or just post it here. I'm a big fan of transparency! )

As for the staff, I realized that it would also be a good idea to show the private conversations that happened between me and the staff members who had accused me before this point. Please decide for yourself if these count as harassment. If any happened on the public discord itself, I'm sorry and I hope we addressed those things in the moment.

Gomennasai  + arigato gozaimasu.

https://imgur.com/a/n6UBvmB

- Ebs

I had no intention of posting in here because this is ridiculous and has gotten out of hand and quite frankly, doesn't involve me. I slept through the initial drama in dark-hours on discord. But it seems someone can't keep my name out of their mouth, and feels the need to try and make me look bad in their attempts to cry about how "unfair" staff is, when it has nothing to do with the situation at hand, so here we are.

Nothing in your screenshots relate to your ban or these so-called "accusations." At all.

As for my "swearing," I never actually swear in chat. I use fu||dge|| and shi||p|| on occasion. Unlike you, who put the real swears behind the spoiler. Other members do the same thing I do without issue. It hasn't been an issue across several iterations of wcc's staff team since I've been here. And hey, I was on your side re: lightening up on swearing in chat. But go ahead and complain about me some more. Burning bridges and bringing up unrelated matters isn't helping your or your "appeal," or whatever you want to call this trainwreck that absolutely nobody has asked for.

And while I'm here... Can you, maybe, point out where you were directly accused of being a p*do/groomer in those screenshots from earlier in this thread? Maybe circle them in red for those of us who aren't seeing it? It could be my visual impairment but I am literally not seeing accusations of such except for in your own poor-taste "joke" that is not a joke to many people. Especially not on. a. site. with. kids/minors. It doesn't matter if this is a "defense mechanism," what matters is that you deliberately chose to make people uncomfortable, continued when asked (politely!!) for a subject change, and then, when staff told you to drop it because there was nobody around who could take the time to moderate such a sensitive, heavy discussion, your response was that you "deserved to talk about it." Dark hours/18+ chat does not mean "unmoderated free for all" or "I can say whatever I want without consequence and nobody can tell me to stop."

I agreed that this could have been a group discussion with staff and not jumping immediately to a permaban, but you know what? Your actions since have proved that you deserve it and shouldn't be a part of this community.

You could've stopped at any point and been the bigger person, and avoided a ban. But you didn't. The only people that keep bringing this back up and making continued excuses (and fabricating reasons you were banned - I'm also a woman of color, get out of here with that damaging shtick; it had nothing to do with it) are you and your friends. You didn't get your way, so now the whole community must suffer through this nonsense?

Go "touch grass," as your buddies are so fond of saying.
Lysithea
Post Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 10:47 by Lysithea
I didn't mean to bring your name up out of malice or anything. They just happened to be in the screenshots in the situation at hand. My problem was with the idea that I wasn't getting fair treatment compared to other members — and that's why I brought it up to her privately, as she is an admin and that exact situation that just happened to be at hand at the moment. It was something that needed to be talked about, so I talked about it. It's not the only instance of my feeling this way, but it was one of the bigger ones, I suppose.

Also, okay —

https://imgur.com/a/yjUbkLF

(there were kinda more than one point to make here, so I used both a red circle and a orange one. Hope this helps.)

Like tbh, from my perspective, I directly asked if she thought that I was a pedophile. She said "you admitted to dating a minor when you were 20". There's an implied yes in that. She all but said it.

That's why I start freaking out in the orange, because if they had just given me the chance to explain — or talk to the man for 5 minutes who was the "victim", all of this could have been avoided. That's why I said the nasty things that I did. I was extremely angry because I felt like I had been very mistreated.

You're right in that my jokes are in poor taste. They're really dark and I was wrong to use them so carelessly. This is going to sound dumb, but in my days in WCC, we always joked about things far worse. We used to joke that Sleepy himself was a pedophile. Like, that was a huge running meme. Don't even ask what Saturday Nights were.

I think I definitely do have a problem with my expectations and the current standards of the site. And while I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, I've been thinking about it, and that's definitely at the heart of my personal issues I would have to work on. Sorry, I know my coping methods are awful.

To be honest, I don't want to rejoin this community... per se. It's sad. I love a lot of people here and did have genuine fun these past few months, but I don't think I could return to a place where the staff were so willing to label me as a pedo of all things. I understand this beef started over triggering and all that, but this whole experience really has been extremely traumatizing to me, and that's why I'm just trying to be as open as possible.

I don't want to rejoin the WCC roleplay, but I would like to be accepted back onto the site and server, and be given a fair apology. I think that you saying I shouldn't be welcome back just because I'm protesting my own ban is needlessly cruel. I don't want to hang around that, personally. But still, this site and community is a whole is still really important to me, and I'd still love to stay in it — and keep some friends I've made.

- Ebs

*I guess I should clarify at this point, since the fox-dung has begun to hit the fan anyway, I specifically mean Maple, Xaan, and Down. I'd like the apology from them. Please. I really want to move past this.
JJ
Post Tue 20 Sep 2022 - 6:18 by JJ
tw: SA

If you want to move past it then just go. You've already said you don't want to be here anymore, so don't be here anymore. But standing on this hill and demanding apologies is absolutely absurd when in all reality it's you that should be apologizing. YOU made people uncomfortable with a stupid inappropriate joke, YOU called yourself names, and then YOU got upset when people simply asked you to change the subject.

"I deserve to talk about my relationship!" Yes, you absolutely do, but why don't you talk about it NOW, when everyone involved are adults, instead of glorifying the inappropriate past that you KNEW would be a touchy subject. No one ever called you a p*do or a groomer, they simply did not disagree when you insinuated and called yourself one. The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of kids on this site, and even if your relationship was completely innocent and nothing bad or inappropriate ever happened, I assure you that you are in the minority. By a lot. And that's what staff - and concerned non staffers - are trying to dissuade you from glorifying. I'm happy it worked out for you and your SO. Truly. But many people have experienced SA in or around the same circumstances, and asking you to drop the subject because no one was available to monitor it was well within their rights.

For you to then take that and insinuate that staff is treating you differently because you're a POC, or bi, is a disgusting manipulation and for that reason alone I desperately hope that no one apologizes even simply to placate you because you don't deserve it. Not once did YOU apologize for your actions, and if you truly don't think you were in the wrong here at all, and I'm sorry for anyone who's wasted their time and energy on this pointless topic of conversation.

Lysithea
Post Tue 20 Sep 2022 - 6:28 by Lysithea
I really feel like this fact cannot be stressed enough: I moved the topic of my relationship to the channel where minors specifically wouldn't see it. I went out of my way to find the most appropriate place to talk about it. People are saying now, after I've had my say and was forced to trauma dump through a burner account, that they're happy for me and Sleepy. And how totally okay after all my relationship really is, but also, it's still worth banning you over because we still see you and your jokes about your relationship as a threat to minors. Again, in the adult chat. Lol.

You can't have it both ways. I already gave proof that I was called a pedophile. I even circled it in big, thick red. Don't try to twist words or change the situation to make up some excuse for their poor behavior.

I've been trying to apologize for my wrongs this whole thread. I admit where I'm wrong, I'm just asking for Staff to do the same.

(*e: I skimmed over this part, but the point of me recounting my SA story is that Staff, without giving me the chance to explain myself, unknowingly accused an actual victim of pedophilia... of being a pedophile. Can you begin to imagine how painful that is? How cruel of you to not only dismiss my pain, but say that I'm glorifying it.)

And like I said, I still wish to be unbanned from the site and the server. I think most everyone could agree at this point I'm owed that, at least.
Lysithea
Post Wed 21 Sep 2022 - 21:47 by Lysithea
Staff, it's been about a week now. Mistakes were made.

Make things right. Step one is reversing my ban.
Post  by Sponsored content

about ebony's ban

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Member Announcements-
Jump to: