Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

work yourself to death [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

work yourself to death [open] Empty
PostSubject: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 18:35

There was an air of awkwardness that hung over her as Leopardsun navigated SkyClan's camp, as well as their territory. It was unfamiliar to her, the space and the scents and most of the cats, and while Froststar and Echomist and Honeypaw were safe and accounted for her sister was still missing. A lingering fear that the worst had happened tugged at the back of her mind, but she refused to give such a thought the time of day. She had lost her parents twice. She would not lose Vixenpaw.

And then there was Echomist's injury. She could see that not being able to hunt bothered him, and it motivated her to push herself harder than she should. She knew she should slow down, but... She could rarely bring herself to. She felt a sense of responsibility and dedication already to ShadowClan, and now they were reliant on SkyClan's hospitality, so she felt the need to make her presence as unintrusive and beneficial as she possibly could. It helped that if she was working, she didn't need to stop long enough to think. So she hunted more, ate and slept less, and after an extended period the exhaustion was finally catching up to her.

She curled up in a presently-empty corner of the camp, taking a rare moment to rest. She could feel her paws about to give out underneath her, but even still she willed herself to remain passive, observing the cats in camp both familiar and not. Searching for her friends, for her mentor, for the strangers of SkyClan, and watching as they went about their day.

She would rest for a while, then she would hunt more, and then she would eat (always offering to share with Echomist or Honeypaw, a sweet reprieve from the rest of the day), and she would sleep, and she would do it all again the next day; for as long as she had to, until they could finally return home.
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptySat 27 Aug 2022 - 15:06

Honeypaw

Honeypaw was getting worried about Leopardsun. Granted, he was worried about most things right now, but his worry for Leopardsun was getting stronger and stronger. He hadn’t quite noticed it before his stint in the medicine den, but it became more obvious as he started to return to his normal duties. He was almost certain Leopardsun is overworking herself.

He hadn’t known how to bring it up for a bit, but when he saw Leopardsun finally settling down in a corner of camp, he saw his opportunity. He finished up his current task, before excusing himself and trotting over to Leopardsun. “Hey,” He said, settling down beside her and lightly nudging her shoulder with his own. “Mind a bit of company?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptySun 28 Aug 2022 - 12:59

Leopardsun startled at the approach, but relaxed when she realized it was only Honeypaw. "No, not at all. Make yourself comfortable... Or, as comfortable as you can, I suppose." Was Honeypaw also feeling that sense of the space he was in not feeling quite right? Was it just her that still felt so out of place, or was it something they were all struggling with? It couldn't be easy, and she knew she wasn't the only one missing their home, but even still she couldn't quite bring herself to ask.

The exhaustion of the day had hit her all at once, as soon as she slowed down, and now she rested her head on her paws. Tired as she was, her thoughts came to words more easily- falling off her tongue without a thought, before she could stop them. "We're safe for now, and sheltered, but... What happens next? We can't live like this forever, can we? ShadowClan can't survive if it's only on SkyClan's charity that we do..."
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022 - 16:56

Honeypaw

Honeypaw looked over at his friend as she spoke, seeing the weariness in the set of her shoulders and the way she had been so tense before his approach. His heart ached for her, though he could certainly understand how she felt. He’d been working harder than ever, his mind constantly swirling with worries about the rest of their clan. He’d scarcely been able to keep up his appetite or energy. He had heard that Leopardsun’s sister, Vixenpaw was still unaccounted for. He knew she must be as scared for her sister as Honeypaw was for Iceheart, and he wished he had an easy solution to offer her.

“This won’t last forever.” He said, trying to project confidence he didn’t quite feel into his words. “Shadowclan will rebuild. We’ve survived tragedy before. Maybe nothing like this, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be able to adapt. The territory has to become liveable again sooner or later, and then we’ll find the rest of our clanmates and we’ll rebuild.” He took a deep breath, then looked at Leopardsun. “We’ll be okay.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022 - 18:17

Leopardsun blinked gratefully at Honeypaw. "I really hope you're right... For everyone's sake."

She tried not to think about Vixenpaw, or about any of the other cats they hadn't yet found. Nightstalker, Iceheart, Harechaser., so many others.. Plenty of cats were still missing. She counted her blessings each day that at least some of the cats she cared for were safe and accounted for- and that Froststar, thank StarClan, was counted among them. Could ShadowClan have survived without their leader? They were strong, they were clever, they were resourceful... But with no leader and no deputy, only their medicine cat, how long would they have really lasted?

She shook her head. Such thoughts had no place in her mind now. "We survived the Dark Forest. We survived their defeat, and StarClan's return," she murmued the second part with no small amount of bitter sadness. The warrior lifted her head with new resolve. "We will weather this. ShadowClan has survived too long to be destroyed. So long as any one of us lives, we will survive, because we must."

She would not pray to StarClan for strength. She would not look to them for guidance. But she would look to her clanmates and see their own strengths, and she would encourage them to lean on each other. No matter what fate befell them, they would always have that.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyThu 1 Sep 2022 - 13:22

Honeypaw

Honeypaw gave an approving nod at Leopardsun’s words, and he offered a smile. He had no faith in Starclan to lead them through this. He knew that the only thing he could really trust, really rely on, were the cats around him, his clan. It made him feel warm to hear a little bit of hope enter Leopardsun’s voice. As long as they were in this together, they could get through anything.

“Exactly.” He said with a purr deep in his chest. “We’re going to be just fine.” He’s quiet for a moment longer, letting that sentiment settle in the air between them. He closed his eyes, simply enjoying the breeze and Leopardsun’s company.

And then he leaned down and bumped Leopardsun’s shoulder lightly. “But… in order to survive and help one another, we need to be well-rested, don’t you think?” Honeypaw said, giving Leopardsun a wry smile with a twinkle in his amber eyes. “I’m pretty tired. I’m willing to bet you are too. What do you think about going to take a nap to get our strength up? And then we can go on an evening hunt together.”

Honeypaw was restless himself and had very little appetite, but he would push himself into self-care if it meant that his friend followed suit. It would be easier to handle if he did it with Leopardsun.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyThu 1 Sep 2022 - 15:44

Leopardsun liked Honeypaw. She considered him one of her few good friends, someone around whom she could speak freely. And perhaps that was why she actually listened when he did the same. "So that's what this is," the warrior murmured, exhaustion showing in her voice. "Lulling me into a false sense of security so you can tell me to sleep, hm? You're lucky I happen to like you, Honeypaw," she yawned, though there was no bite to the words.

She closed her eyes, letting the greenleaf breeze wash over her. "You're right," she admitted, more seriously. "I don't know that I could keep going if I tried... But I don't know if I can sleep, either."

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 20:49

Honeypaw

Honeypaw crinkled his nose at Leopardsun playfully. “You caught onto my nefarious plans. I’ve tricked you with my cunning.” He said teasingly, managing a playful smirk for a moment. “I’d do it again, too.” He nudged her, chuckling a tiny bit, then softened all over again.

“It’s okay if you can’t fall asleep.” He promised. “Just taking a break will help. I know it’s hard right now.” Rising to his feet, Honeypaw gently bumped his head against her shoulder to encourage her to do the same. “We can tackle it together.” He offered with a soft, warm smile.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptySat 3 Sep 2022 - 13:45

Leopardsun followed him easily, bumping her own head against his shoulder in return. "Yeah, okay. Let's take a break." A purr rose in her throat. "The world will still be here when we get back up again- and then we'll be ready for it."

The warrior sighed softly, warm sentiment washing over her. "I'm glad to have you as a friend, you know. It's... Nice, to have someone else who understands it." Opening her eyes again to follow him, the last words came out as a hazy whisper: "To feel like you're not alone."

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 0:58

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's eyes softened and he pressed his nose briefly to Leopardsun’s head, a soft purr rumbling out of his throat in return. “I know what you mean.” He said, voice soft in kind. “I’m grateful I have you as well, you know. It makes me happy, to know I have you to rely on.”

As Honeypaw flicked his tail over her back and led the way to find a comfortable spot to nap, he stuck close, shoulders relaxing. There was still plenty on his mind, but for the moment, Leopardsun’s company helped wash away the press of the anxiety, and he felt like he could actually relax. At least for a moment.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: work yourself to death [open]   work yourself to death [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

work yourself to death [open]
Page 1 of 1