Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 8:12 am

It had felt like just yesterday that batsong had helped with the kitting of mallardkit now they were ready to go to the moonstone?! They grew so fast. Batsong curled her tail around her paws as she sat in her den preparing the herb traveling mixes that they would need.

Somewhat recently, the apprentice had gotten into a fight with a weasel and had their back leg really hurt. Batsong had taken care of them best she could and it had healed quite well… still though she took a mental note to keep close tabs on the injury . If it acted up they could always go at a later time.

She decided to carry along some extra things she might need just in case that were to happen. She wasn’t taking any chances. Satisfied she carried the herb traveling pack over to the apprentice den and called for mallard paw . Giving them the herbs and eating her own. Ugh no matter how many times she took these they still were not the best tasting oh well .

Once mallard had eaten their herbs as well, batsong hesitated slightly before beginning the journey

Pr-p…p-promise me you’ll t-tell me if your l-leg feels any w-worse. Batsong was sure it was well healed but on a long journey a reinjury was possible and pushing past that wasn’t going to help anything.

She slowly stretched before getting up and leading them out of camp. She purposely went a little slower than usual this trip . Luckily for them, the trip was quiet without interruptions of predator or intrusions. Being in windclan and the closest to the magical stone was nice.

Before she knew it they had arrived at the cave. Batsong sat at the cave entrance that eventually led to the stone .

At the end of the cave is t—t…the s-s—..s. St.. ughh … why was speaking sometimes so difficult the word refused to cooperate… mallard knew what she meant

She flicked her tail pointing to the cave and sat down by its entrance. She would wait for mallard here until theyier’s dream was done. Navigating the dark cave was up to mallard now to do on her own .

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:09 am

It was thanks to Batsong's great skills that Mallardpaw had been able to heal so well. Their leg had been rather irritated from the weasel they fought, painful to step on for much longer than they had ever even thought it could be. But whatever it was that Batsong had done had left their leg as good as new, strong and able to be even ran on. There was a scar to now remind them to be careful when delving into the moors, a lesson they truly should've known from the start. It ultimately, at least in their opinion, ended well. Their fighting skills had been used in an actual fight, and they had been able to bring home the creature to be eaten and shown off to Whisperear.

As the medicine cat in question called to begin the trip to the moonstone, they agreed without doubt. "It's been treating me pretty well. But I promise I will." After all, it was Batsong's job to make sure the clan was doing well. How could she do her job if they didn't help her? With the solid nod, and eating all of the herbs that they found strangely... tasty, Mallardpaw was ready to set out.

Once they found themselves at the entrance of the cave, Mallardpaw's eyes had a harder time than normal adjusting to the dim light. Even though they had journeyed in the darkness anyways, it almost reminded them of the tunnels back home. Perhaps one day, they'd be allowed in?

Wonder filled their eyes as they scanned about. Hearing Batsong's struggles with words, they did in fact know what she meant, and brushed their body against hers in comfort. "Starclan. It's okay, Batsong. I understand you. You're a great medicine cat, too." They complimented. It was true, there was quite a bit of gratitude that the lanky apprentice had for their medicine cat. She was quite spectacular in all she could.

With one final nod, Mallardpaw went into Mothermouth. Their whiskers guided them down the dark tunnel, eventually coming to the bright cave that held the Moonstone. It shone brilliantly, and Mallardpaw couldn't help taking a few circles around it to really study how it looked.

Following Batsong's earlier instructions, they kneeled down, taking a bit of extra care with their back leg before they were fully curled up by the stone. It was rather cold to the touch, surprising the otherwise warm apprentice. But... comforting. It lulled them into a dream rather easily, and before they knew it, they found themselves back home. Except, not quite home. The moors were filled with stars, and patches of trees, and even a few little ponds. It had everything a Windclan cat ever dreamed of.

"Mallardpaw, turn around, dear." A voice called out to them, nearly scaring the life out of the poor apprentice as they practically lept and spun around. They were greeted with a small silver tabby, one who looked to have aged gracefully. Much, much older than the time of the current cats who walked the forest, that was for sure.

"Y-Yes? Are you my Starclan cat?"

"I am. I'm Ivyfur, a Windclan warrior from moons, and moons ago." That very statement alone had Mallardpaw half-bowing to the she-cat, who only could chuckle as her tail flicked for them to stand normally. "No need for that, child." She commented with a chuckle.

"Your loyalty to the code will get you far. Keep that up. Perhaps, though, you could talk to your mentor about becoming a tunneler as well?" It was as if she had read their mind from earlier on their journey. "Really? You think that I could be a tunneler?"

"I do. If Whisperear can, you certainly can as well. All Windclan cats have the potential. You just simply must use it."

Mallardpaw gave a nod of understanding. This was more than just telling them about the fact that they could be a tunneler - it also was the fact that all of Windclan had so much potential, too. With one final nod, Ivyfur gave a bright smile, rearing onto her hindlegs to press her nose to Mallardpaw's forehead. It was a comforting gesture - one to show their promise.

After that, Mallardpaw found themselves once more awake, and much more confidently guided themselves out from the cave. Certainly now ready to go back home, and to take a nap.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 10:55 am

Batsong nodded with a smile grateful for her understanding and helping with the word. Yes that’s exactly what she head meant. The compliment from the apprentice made her face light up and she purred softly th-thank you t-t-that means alot she whispered. She watched the apprentice head in and waved a goodbye for now. Starclan would tell her what she needed to hear.

Batsong sat and meditated in self reflection while awaiting for the apprentice to finish their dream. The last time she was here she had met with daisypaw her friend from when she was an apprentice.. daisypaw had died in the tunnels when a collapse had happened and ever since then batsong had been strongly against using the tunnels. This coupled with the fact that coyote and her often times tried to mother whisper led to them butting heads .

Batsong couldn’t believe in part that coyote was so adiment about reopening the tunnels after what had happened to her own sister… batsong knew it was wrong but a small part of her still blamed coyote for daisy paws death. They were together when it happened and in batsongs point of view it was a mistake that was easily avoidable and now on top of that coyote was trying to reopen the tunnels.

She had not been happy about that at all but her duty was to protect her clanmates and the tunnels to her was a trap she felt pretty strongly against.

Her ears twitched hearing the apprentice coming back. Her yellow eyes reopened and she gave a gentle smile to her travel companion. H-have a good d-dream? she purred.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey   Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Mallardpaw’s Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1