Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] Empty
PostSubject: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 11:44

Mistysky always had been stubborn. Never one to rest for too long. She wasn't going to start now.

Her late partner had passed, but he left something behind in Mistysky, something that was now very obvious. She was carrying his kits. How it got to that point, she couldn't say, she didn't think they had been that close, but she was not necessarily thinking straight at the time either. Most of what had gone on with him were but a hazy memory, he was just there, and she had been desperate, and things happened.

She would not let that moment of weakness slow her down, though.

She refused to move into the nursery, not yet. She was still able to do her duties (or more accurately, she thought she was still able to do them), she did not need to let herself grow lazy. She was a warrior. She refused to be anything else. No matter the strain it put on her body. No matter if it was hurting, or making her sick. No cat needed to know what it was doing to her anyway.

By the time she made it up one of the hills of the moors, she had been panting, but she found what she was looking for. Prey. More specifically, a rabbit innocently nibbling on dandelion flowers. It was the perfect target. And so she began her chase.

The rabbit had been an old one, and that became clear as even she was able to bring it down, rolling with it and delivering a final blow to the neck.

Maybe she would rest there for now, just for a little while, while she caught her breath.

Mistysky is attempting to catch a rabbit for 3 sp. Disadvantaged stats active. Catch was successful!

Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 25 Mar 2022 - 11:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15019

PostSubject: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 11:44

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] Mistpe10
Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 19:07

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw had gone out on a walk. They’d been taking more lately, trying to work up their stamina as best as they could between regular training sessions. It hadn’t helped yet, but they were still hopeful that that could change. On this walk in particular, they heard the faintest squeal of a rabbit which drew their attention. They followed the scent of fresh kill until they found Mistysky, having just killed some fresh prey.

“Good job,” they said with a smile as they approached. The warrior seemed a bit tired from the kill, and Whisperpaw was getting sore from walking, so they sat before Mistysky. “It’s nice to see rabbits roaming the land again. Newleaf will be beneficial for the clan, I’m sure.” They stretched a bit, loosening their muscles. “Would you like a partner on your hunt? Safety in numbers.”

They looked out into the wild, scanning the long flat plains of their territory, though they still were listening to Mistysy. Whisperpaw wondered, briefly, why Mistysky seemed so out of breath. At this point it was well known that Whisperpaw has little stamina, but Mistysky was a well-established warrior within the clan who should be able to easily catch a rabbit without breaking a sweat. The change was noticeable—and concerning. “If I may ask, are you feeling ill, Mistysky? You seem more tired than usual.” They frowned. “We don’t have to stay out here hunting. If you’re feeling ill then we can get back to camp, and maybe you can see Fawnsong?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 20:14

Mistysky looked up to see Whisperpaw, and smiled when they sat down beside her. "It really is nice, having the prey back. And it means we have plenty of prey to hunt together." She was fond of Whisperpaw, the young apprentice was soft-spoken and gentle, a trait not so often found in youth.

But of course, they were also way too observant, and just had to bring up Fawnsong.

"No! I-I mean, no, I don't need to go to the medicine den. I guess I'm just, uh, getting up there in age! Don't you worry about me. Look, I already got my breath, let's just continue hunting!"

She stood up, shaking out her fur, before giving the apprentice a shaky smile and continuing on.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 8:50

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw watched Mistysky for a moment without a change in their expression, but while their expression appeared far away as they got to their feet, their mind was at work. She spoke very startlingly and it was obvious from her quick denial that whatever was bothering her, she didn’t want it to be bothering her, or didn’t want the reason to be known. That still concerned Whisperpaw, though, who didn’t want Mistysky to push herself too hard.

They walked with her anyway. Maybe they could figure out a way to get Mistysky to the medicine den; but, if nothing else, then at least back to camp earlier than a full hunting patrol would take. They were certain they could at least accomplish the latter.

For now, the focus was on hunting. Whisperpaw hadn’t been on a full hunting patrol yet, so they tried to keep their ears perked for any sounds of prey that could reach them before their scent did. The scent of rabbit still reached first and they turned their attention to a rabbit that was nibbling away at some vegetation. Whisperpaw moved carefully towards it, but their form was clumsy and the rabbit was alerted. When it began to run, Whisperpaw tried to sprint after it. They were fast in short bursts, and nearly got the rabbit in their claws, but the burst faded quickly and their speed slowed until they drew to a complete stop, panting heavily. The rabbit quickly escaped into its burrow, out of sight.

They sat down, panting heavily from the exertion and silently cured their tired body. They lifted their gaze towards Mistysky. “I still have a lot to learn, it seems,” they meowed, trying to not get too downtrodden.

Whisperpaw attempted to catch a rabbit, but due to disabled stats, was unsuccessful. -3SP.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sat 26 Mar 2022 - 8:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 8:50

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 21:00

Mistysky watched as Whisperpaw attempted their hunt, a bemused expression on her face. "Yes, you do. But you are young. You have plenty of time to perfect your skills. And it is nothing practice can't help. Come on." She smiled, before leading Whisperpaw along, searching for more prey. Just below them, it seemed, was a family of rabbits, and she paused to rehearse a plan with the white apprentice.

"How about this. I chase one towards you. If I can't catch it, you will be right there to finish it off. Alright?"

Now that they had a plan, Mistysky circled around the rabbits, picking a particularly plump one out. With a nod to Whisperpaw, she began the chase. It did not take too long for her to grow weary, not having fully recovered from the last hunt like she said. She soon dropped off, panting. But the trap, at least, had been set.

Mistysky is attempting to catch a rabbit for 3 sp. Disadvantaged stats are active. Catch was unsuccessful.

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Sat 26 Mar 2022 - 21:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 21:00

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 22:19

Whisperpaw

Whisperpaw nodded. They moved into place and stayed low to the ground. There was still a bit of snow on the ground despite newleaf having arrived, so they stuck close to one of the non-melted snowbanks to try and blend in better. They watched Mistysky move and then chase after the rabbit. Again, she moved slower and grew more out of breath; faster than she should have, given her age and experience. They were so concerned at what they saw that they almost didn’t notice the rabbit that was chased straight toward them.

At the last minute they lunged out from where they were half-hidden, but they were so caught off guard that their aim was bad. The rabbit squealed and darted to the side, avoiding their claws. They tried to turn to swipe at it, but their claws barely missed the fuzzy tail of the rabbit and it too escaped into one of the many burrows. Whisperpaw panted and hung their head low. How were they going to explain this?

“I’m sorry,” they said, turning back to Mistysky. “My timing was wrong. I was distracted.” They walked over to her and sat down first, hoping that she would take the invitation to sit as well. They wanted to ask again about her fatigue but worried that she would be annoyed with their prying. “I’m afraid I’m not the best hunting partner. Would it be good to take a break, or do you want to keep going?” It was probably best to allow Mistysky to choose. Perhaps if she felt less pressured to take a break, she would take one of her own accord.

Whisperpaw attempted to catch a rabbit, expending 3 SP, but due to disabled stats, was unsuccessful.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sat 26 Mar 2022 - 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 22:19

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 17:52

Mistysky shook out her fur and huffed. She refused to let herself appear any weaker. Not in front of Whisperpaw. Not in front of any cat. She could take care of herself.

"You can take a break if you want. I am going to keep hunting, because there is no way I am leaving with just one rabbit. You can join me once you've rested up." And Mistysky was off before she had to hear any argument. She knew what Whisperpaw thought. The apprentice had already suggested she see Fawnsong, she doubted that would have changed. But it also was not happening. She refused to step foot in that den, or get treated by that cat.

After a bit of travel and heavy breathing, Mistysky spotted a hare doing.....well it was a bit too far to see per say. Or maybe that was the fog of exhaustion that she refused to recognize. Either way, she was going to go for this thing. Or so she thought. She barely even moved before she stumbled, too weary to move. She couldn't even get back up, she just lied there, panting, and trying to keep herself awake.

Ok, maybe she pushed herself a bit too much.

Mistysky is attempting to catch a hare when she really shouldn't, costing 3 sp. Catch was unsuccessful.

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Sun 27 Mar 2022 - 17:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 17:52

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 22:03

Whisperpaw

“Mistysky wait,” Whisperpaw tried to call, but Mistysky had already taken off, and faster than they could keep up with. Thankfully, she didn’t get terribly far. They pushed up onto their paws, not wanting to wait even though their body really insisted that they should. They moved as fast as their aching paws could take them, trying to move towards Mistysky quickly, even as the scent of prey and their hunger distracted them.

Their nose caught the scent of a rabbit and they slowed enough to locate it visually. Their muscles were tense and they felt out of breath, but they still dropped to the ground and crept towards the rabbit. Like their first attempt, it was alerted and bolted, but Whisperpaw was able to react faster this time. They ran hard after the rabbit, pushing harder than they usually do. If Mistkysky is going to keep going until another rabbit is caught, then I’ll catch this one. Then we can go back and she can stop working so hard.

Whisperpaw leapt at the rabbit, crashing down onto it before it reached the burrow. They bit down onto the rabbit and it fell limp. They breathed hard as they stood up shakily. Keeping the rabbit in their mouth, they slowly and painfully made their way over to the warrior.

“Th…there,” they panted. “Now we have…two…So we can go…back…right?” They all but collapsed beside Mistysky, feeling like their body was falling to pieces. They opened one eye to look at Mistysky. She looked just as exhausted as they were. “We can…rest for a bit…and then go back…?”

Whisperpaw (finally) caught a rabbit, expending 3SP.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sun 27 Mar 2022 - 22:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] EmptySun 27 Mar 2022 - 22:03

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]   Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tale as Old as Time [Open Hunting]
Page 1 of 1