Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)

Go down 
+8
ginger
Arcana
Nerd
kjSage
zenpaii
Mamenchisaurus
speedy
xaandiir
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:22

Ratrunner was happy to see his friend, who seemed well, and laughed — quietly, but still a laugh; feeling the joy of their return. “Well, I doubt I’ve gotten taller,” he mewed, still one head shorter, but his eyes glittered. Shypaw was no longer tiny… he turned to smile and nod to her. And Deerpaw, too.

When his eyes returned to Duskflight’s, they… darkened, sadly. The gentle tom’s voice lowered in concern, green eyes quickly taking in the more subtle changes: the scars. “Most of us are fine, Duskflight. Murkystar and Frostgaze, too. It’s... a long story, with a short ending, but… we were attacked, when you were gone. And we lost.”

Ratrunner didn’t blame them for noticing; it had been some time since, but it had left its mark deeply. With a touch of his head to Duskflight’s, he tried to convey that they were all right — himself, Loudnose, Ivycreek.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 4:15

Deerpaw flinched as Duskflight asked that question. he was going to ask it sooner or later, but she hadn't expected so soon. she gladly let Ranrunner explain... most of it. with a lot of honey on it. the white apprentice glanced over to see Basilbloom's reaction. was she upset that she was not there to heal her clan?

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 17:28

Murkystar had been restless through the day, nightmares plaguing her everytime she closed her eyes. The patrol Basilbloom led should have returned by now... Had they run into Dawnhawk? Bloodstar's words echoed in her mind, no matter how she tried to silence it. What if they had been outnumbered, and slaughtered one by one? What would the clans do? Anxiety wormed in her belly, and it seemed she had finally gotten rest when a voice cut through the silence, and she tossed again. StarClan was cruel, sending her these visions and tormenting her with voices that belonged to cats that weren't there. Slowly she rose to her paws, realizing the voices weren't going away. As she stepped out of her den, her eyes landed in her daughter, and she stood still in shock and disbelief. Was this another dream? Or was this real? She finally moved, stepping forward, pushing steadily through the clan as she approached Basilbloom, stopping before her and gazing at her silently before slowly resting her head on top of hers, closing her eyes and breathing out a sigh of relief. "You're home... You made it home. Safely. Welcome home, Basilbloom, Duskflight." She mewed breathily, fighting to maintain her composure.

Stepping away reluctantly, she glanced around at the injured warriors, and turned back to Basilbloom. "It wasn't a clan, it was a group of rogues. We lost Burningwing and Amberdawn... And we were lucky not to lose more. I'll go more into detail later, but first, you both need to rest. Deerpaw, Sootpaw, please gather some other apprentices and prepare fresh nests for both of them. We can talk more when you wake, about what happened here and what you've discovered." She mewed, gesturing to the herb hanging at Basilbloom's neck.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 4:09

Deerpaw nodded and hurried away at her leader's command. she was excited that her father was back, but forced herself on concentrate on gathering the little amount of moss she could salvage from the frost and carrying back to camp. she made an extra effort to line both nests with soft grey feathers from a pigeon she had caught the day before. the apprentice hopped both cats would sleep well that night.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 15:49

Basilbloom's anxious eyes quickly turned away from her father as she heard pawsteps approaching, and finally, she caught sight of her mother.  Despite the exhaustion and injuries that plagued the tortoiseshell leader the sight of Murkystar was a sight for sore eyes, and the young medicine cat pressed her head against the she-cat's chest, closing her eyes and letting out a deep, relieved sigh.  I'm home, mom and dad are okay...but what happened?  Basilbloom pulled back and offered her mother a hesitant smile, purring in a low tone.  "I missed you all so much, I'm glad we're back."

However, she fell silent as the truth came out about all the injuries...and Basilbloom felt like someone had sunk their claws into her heart.  Eyes unfocused and distant, her paws shook where she stood.  "B-Burningwing....Amberdawn...oh, StarClan no..."  Two of her clanmates, her beloved family, had been dead for days now and she'd had no idea.  One of them she had grown up with, the other had helped her grow.  How...how could this happen?!  Of all the times for an attack, why now?  If I had been here, if I had never left...  She stopped her darkening thoughts though, pushing them away.  She knew that if there had been any sign of an attack coming she never would've left, this wasn't her fault.  However, looking at the cuts and scrapes and gashes that littered the pelts of her clanmates, guilt gnawed at her stomach.

"You must tell me more later.  Before I rest though, our clanmates need to know what they sacrificed their medicine cat for."  Picking up the dried flower and the other pieces of the coneflower Basilbloom hopped up on a basking rock and held them up to the sky, raising her voice.  "ShadowClan, our patrol found what it was looking for, and we've named this plant coneflower!  It grows in Twolegplace, but I brought back seeds and in new-leaf, I'll plant them and try to grow coneflower on our territory, as will the other clans.  I tested the flower on two patrolmates; Thrushnose of ThunderClan, who had whitecough, and Timbersun of WindClan, who had been attacked by a dog.  I discovered that this herb helps both wounds and illness; the leaves and petals can be chewed up into a poultice to soothe injuries, and the seeds and sap within the stem ease the symptoms of whitecough, and I would guess greencough as well.  With this flower, we will have an easily obtained cure for our worst leaf-bare illnesses, something we've rarely had before.  Our trip was a success!"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2839

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 17:40

Swiftheart sat down in front of the basking rock below her sister giving Basilbloom her full attention as she explained what the flower did and how to use it. Her eyes widened in amazement hearing all the potential that this new herb offered up and the possibilities that it offered were huge! It truly sounded like a miracle herb in the sense that it was good with sickness and wounds from fights.

She looked at how happy Basilbloom was in the success of her mission and she smiled warmly at her sister. Listening to her sister talk so enthused about the herb made her happy... and it also intrigued her quite a bit as well... hmm maybe some time in the future Basilbloom could show her the basics of other herbs... if Basilbloom wanted of course.

she would leave that for a later date however, Basilbloom and Duskflight both looked super tired right now and rightfully so, their journey had been a long one and for now she was so happy they were home safely.

"Im so happy you made it home safely and that yhe trip ended in success!" she purred happily.

she looked at the seeds curiously
"how long do you think it will take to grow?" she asked wanting to learn more about medicine in general

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2397

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 18:54

Snowpaw’s jaw dropped. This herb was basically a cure-all! She shuffled her paws nervously at her next thought, however. What if some clans grew the Herb successfully and others didn’t? This could start a full-blown war! And wouldn’t the rogues want the coneflower if they heard of it?
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 14:03

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

At the first sign of commotion, young Forestkit had fully peeked his head out of the nursery. He'd been resting right next to the entrance prior to getting awakened. He was nervous it was another attack on the camp but was instantly relieved to see the clan's medicine cat walking in with... Duskflight! He was back safe and sound! Forestkit scrambled up onto his paws with sparkling eyes—it had been quite a long time since he'd seen him. Forestkit didn't know many in the clan since he had always been a little reserved and timid but Duskflight was one of the few exceptions. He was home and the fluffy kitten couldn't be more relieved.

His paws began to move on their own as he shuffled out of the nursery with nervous yet giddy energy. Despite his current demeanor, he was still feeling a bit down due to the clan's recent losses but didn't let it show much. Now that Basilbloom and Duskflight are back, the clan can start rebuilding—in a sense.

Forestkit stopped short of the group that was slowly forming around the two returning cats. He didn't want to intrude much since he knew that all the older cats would just shoo him away but was adamant about listening in on the current happenings. The grey kit pushed his thoughts away for the time being as he sat near Icekit, who he knew a tad—only because they were denmates. They haven't spoken much but he usually tried to greet all the nursery residents whenever they woke up. It was polite to do so, after all.

Listening to Basilbloom speak about the "coneflower" had Forestkit's mind turning. He wasn't aware that a plant could hold such potent healing abilities—a mystical revelation to such a young mind. It excited him to know that Basilbloom now had more resources to aid her clanmates. The clan desperately needed this. They couldn't afford to lose any more clanmates or have any indisposed for long. They needed as many paws as were able.

Mind more than made up, the small tom walked up to the base of the rock where Basilbloom stood upon, paws doing their best to maneuver him around the legs of his clanmates—offering a whispery apology whenever he felt himself bump into someone. Once he reached his destination he offered both Duskflight and Basilbloom a polite smile as a greeting before turning his full attention to the medicine cat. "B-Basilbloom? Will the flower b-be safe out in the territory while it grows? C-Can we all look after it so that nobody comes a-and takes it? I-I know I'm still a-a kit but when I'm an apprentice, I want to m-make sure it's safe. You and Duskflight worked so hard in bringing it back a-and we all need it to help us stay m-more healthy..." Forestkit hated his meek stuttering but he hoped he conveyed how serious he was about this. He feared that someone could just snatch it up or destroy it. Plants were rather delicate, after all.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 8:59; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 12:56

Despite the circumstances, Basilbloom couldn't help her beaming face as cats asked her about the coneflower, and she jumped to answer their questions.  "Hmm, I don't know for sure Swifty.  They grow in a big clump that looks a bit like a bush, so I'd guess if we planted the seeds in early new-leaf the plant might bloom by late green-leaf?  We'll have to see."  A small voice from below caught Basilbloom's attention, and she turned with a smile to purr at a tom-kit with a gray, white, and red-streaked pelt.  Crouching down to his level, her amber eyes glowed thoughtfully as he spoke.  "Oooh, that's a very smart thing to consider Forestkit!  Don't worry, we'll all make sure that the plants grow up strong and healthy, and I'll plant them in a place we pass by every day so we can watch over them.  I'll appreciate your help!"  Touching her nose thankfully to the top of his head, Basilbloom suddenly felt her paws sway beneath her.  Stepping back, she knew that it was time to rest, no matter how much she wanted to keep talking.  Getting down from the rock, she waved her tail at her clanmates.  "If you have any more questions, stop by my den after I get a little rest and we can talk about them!  For now, though, I need a bit of sleep."  Brushing shoulders with Duskflight as she walked back to her den, Basilbloom heaved out a final sigh of relief.  I'm home...after everything that's happened though, I don't know how long this peace will last.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2022 - 12:00

Murkystar listened carefully to all Basilbloom had to say, and as she responded to the questions that came after. As she said she was tired, Murkystar rose and nodded, nudging her shoulder gently. "As Basilbloom said, any additional questions can wait until after she rests. We will rejoice in their return when she and Duskflight wake. Frostgaze, please arrange hunting patrols to gather enough prey for everyone. I will lead one myself. For now, no one is to disturb Basilbloom or Duskflight." She ordered, nodding to the medicine cat and warrior as they started to retreat towards their nests.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2022 - 21:22

Shypaw let the joy she was a part of sweep her up, even as words were exchanged about the invasion. Duskflight greeted her and Ratrunner gave her a nod with glittering eyes and Basilbloom gave her a bright smile. She realised she was no longer so tiny or so afraid. It wasn't her who had journeyed but she felt like she had come home again too.

At Murkystar's command, Shypaw hurried out with Deerpaw, she could ask her mentor later what Basilbloom said about the herb. Between them the apprentices managed to find enough soft dry moss hidden in the snowy marsh for two nests. Deerpaw's idea to add the feathers from her pigeon would make the nests extra cosy, Shypaw thought as she helped weave them in. As the apprentices finished, Basilbloom and Duskflight came tiredly into the dens and Shypaw ducked out respectfully, a small smile curling her maw. She was excited to see the flower grow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)   As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

As the Morning Glories Fade (OPEN)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2