Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2207

A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] Empty
PostSubject: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 14:17

The mud sucked at Rosepaw's paws in a way that was rather odd in her opinion. Each step made her sink down before she was released with a "pop!" Newleaf had certainly made the marshes, well, marshier, and already her white pelt had been dulled with muck. Not that it had been very clean in the first place, so that did not bother her. What worried her was how she was supposed to do anything in these conditions. Wasn't a ShadowClan cat supposed to be good at stalking? How do they manage to sneak up on anything like this?

Looking over to her mentor, she could not help but envy the way he traversed the wet ground. He made the trial look so easy, she was left baffled. Surely he would teach her, right?

"So what are we going to be doing, Batglow? I hope whatever it is, it will be something a bit more possible than walking? Or we will at least be doing it somewhere we can walk a little easier?"

A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9982

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021 - 23:28

The black tom couldn't help the chuckle that left his maw at the she-cat's complaint about walking. "Unfortunately most of the territory is like this. The only place it isn't is close to the border, but that is where the monsters are, and we won't find any prey there for hunting." Batglow said with a slight sparkle in his eye.

"And it's okay, you will get used to walking in the mud soon enough." He said to her. Sadly he didn't have any miracle advice that would suddenly make her better. It just took practice, and time. Something she would have to get used to. "We only have a little longer to go anyway before we reach the spot I want to hunt at, so just a little longer okay?" He hoped that his words would keep her encouraged so she could last through the day in the mud.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 14:48

OOC: Totally didn't forget about this topic xD

Rosepaw could not help but groan at the thought of hunting in this stuff. But at the same time, she couldn't bring herself to be difficult to her mentor. Batglow had been the first cat to accept her into ShadowClan, before even Flintstar had agreed. She owed it to him to at least attempt to live like a ShadowClan cat. This was what she had wanted any way, right? So she gave him a slight, albeit strained, grin. "Well, I guess practice will make perfect then!"

Batglow had said that the pair only had a little longer to go. And part of her was actually excited to learn, despite the less than appealing conditions. She might even be able to bring back her first piece of prey today! Just like a real warrior! At the thought of that, her grin spread from ear to ear. "You are going to teach me the coolest tricks, right Batglow? I bet with your help, I am going to bring back the biggest piece of prey ShadowClan has ever seen! You think I can do it?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 15:48

Batglow let out a small chuckle at his apprentice's enthusiasm. Not that he was mocking it in any manner, it just made him happy to hear how excited she was to learn. "Of course. I'm sure you could bring back something amazing." He told her with an easy grin. Shortly he stopped in a place that wasn't as marshy as the rest of the territory. It was good for learning for now.

The fanged tom took in the scents around him, quickly recognizing the many scents of the prey that liked to catch in Shadowclan. His personal favorite probably being frog, but for now he was going to stick with something easier to catch, just so he could show her how its done. "I want you to watch me and see how its done, but just keep in mind that everyone misses prey sometimes too." He hoped he wouldn't miss but sometimes luck wasn't always on his side.

For now he tracked a rat. He followed the scent closer, before dropping into a crouch. The tom moved forward, keeping low but making sure his tail or paws dragged on the ground with his movements. Once he was close enough he pounced. Once he had it trapped he killed it, and brought it back. "Do you think you could give that a shot?"

Batglow attempted to catch a rat: Successful

Last edited by Reaper King on Wed 14 Apr 2021 - 15:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 15:48

The member 'Reaper King' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] Mistpe10
A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 16:42

Rosepaw felt herself grow hot with pride at Batglow's confidence in her. Well now she had to catch something! She absolutely refused to let her mentor down! So when he went off, tracking a rat, she refused to even blink, watching him intently to make sure she didn't miss a move.......Okay, maybe she would have to blink, but she was still watching! She was going to get this right!

When Batglow came back with his catch, Rosepaw could not help but stare in awe. "Wow! I know you said everyone misses, but clearly you are not everyone! That was so cool! Now I am going to try. You watching? I bet I am gonna get a big one, just you wait!"

Making her way through the, thankfully lighter, mud, she heard the scurrying of something, and caught sight of the skinny tail. With an attempt at mimicking her mentor's movements, she made her way forward, eyes never leaving her target. Before it had a chance to run, she was on top of it, and soon carrying it back to the black tom, panting.

"Bat, huff, Batglow! D-,huff,did you see? Huff, I, huff, did it!"

Rosepaw attempted to catch a rat! Catch was successful! -3 SP

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Wed 14 Apr 2021 - 16:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 16:42

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 18:21

Batglow let out a purr when she had managed to catch her first piece of prey. "Good job Rosepaw!" He couldn't be more proud. She was going to make a wonderful warrior in no time if she managed to keep it up. "Take a moment to rest, I'm going to go try and catch one of my favorite pieces of prey. If you feel up to it, try to catch something else too." If they could catch a little bit more, then he could call the patrol a success and return to the camp.

He made sure the area was safe before padding off to more of the marshier territory. As soon as he scented, and spotted the frog the tall warrior crouched. Creeping closer and closer to the creature before pouncing. Splash! He could feel that he missed. His paws sinking into the mud, and the frog escaping into the deeper water of the marsh. "Aw rats.." Well at least Rosepaw got to see what he meant about everyone missing.

Last edited by Reaper King on Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 18:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 18:21

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 15:19

As Rosepaw lied down to catch her breath (Darn asthma), she was able to watch as Batglow took on more challenging prey. And then missed the more challenging prey. She knew she shouldn't laugh, but in that moment, she couldn't help a chuckle. He looked so goofy! "I think you got a little mud on your pelt, Batglow!" She purred as she got back to her paws.

In that moment, she spotted a lizard, scurrying across the stones. That was something she was sure the kits would enjoy! And so, she began to creep forward, and lunged. Of course, the lizard was quick to scurry away, and her paws landed on hard stone instead. "Batglow, I think your frog scared my lizard away." She pouted.

Rosepaw attempted to catch a lizard. Catch was unsuccessful. -3 SP

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 16 Apr 2021 - 15:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyFri 16 Apr 2021 - 15:19

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptySun 18 Apr 2021 - 15:58

The tom let out a small huff at his apprentice's teasing. "Sorry. Prey does like to alert each other. Try to avoid the area we just hunted in, and hopefully you will have better luck." He wanted her to have as much success as possible, but it was a harsh truth that if you missed one, others would start to disappear as well. At least that is how Batglow saw it.

The tall black tom, guide his apprentice away from the area just a little further closer to the borders where there was decent dry land still, but enough for her to get used to the marsh. "This should be decent enough to try again." He told her before looking up at the night sky. It wouldn't be long before the moon would start dipping below the horizon, and the sun would start perking up for the day. They were going to have to head back soon.

The warrior scanned the area looking and scenting for anything he could catch when a lizard caught his attention this time. Maybe he could help make up for his miss now. Crouching low the tom moved forward. He let out a small curse once again as he missed. Stars.. Today wasn't a good day at all.

Batglow attempted to catch a lizard: Failed

Last edited by Reaper King on Sun 18 Apr 2021 - 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptySun 18 Apr 2021 - 15:58

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyMon 19 Apr 2021 - 11:29

In the drier area of the territory, Rosepaw found herself much more comfortable walking around, even if it was still pretty marshy, and as she diverged from Batglow (She was joking about the frog scaring her lizard, but if his prey could scare hers, she would much rather be alone), she spotted a vole that seemed to be enjoying the landscape as well. It was with a wide grin that she crept forward, ever so slightly.

And then she lunged, racing across the muddy surface, with claws outstretched. To her dismay, however, she had been much too excited for this hunt, and had lunged prematurely. Clearly she was not a WindClan cat, as the vole was easily able to scurry away, into some hole in the ground, leaving a pouting Rosepaw behind.

Rosepaw attempted to catch a vole. Catch was unsuccessful. -3 SP

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Mon 19 Apr 2021 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] EmptyMon 19 Apr 2021 - 11:29

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]   A Place Where I Belong [Batglow] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Place Where I Belong [Batglow]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next