Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]

Go down 
+3
Cays
Kent Mansley
Ripped
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:24 am

The trek back to Thunderclan's territory was much easier and far more pleasant than the journey from Twolegplace. Marshpaw was silent almost the entire way back. With the news that most of his family was gone, and the whole clan different from before, the former apprentice had chosen to seek a new path in Thunderclan. His ear twitched with the slightest irritation. Coyotefang had been looking to travel by himself back to the clan. Thankfully, the older cat had been silent most of the trip. Learning his family was dead would most likely do that, it wasn't surprising. And the young warrior was grateful.

As they padded through the trees, strategically avoiding any patrols due to Coyotefang's lack of desire to speak to anyone, the tabby tom could not shake a sense of relief. He would never admit it aloud, but he had missed being among the trees. All of the broken down, decrepit nests offered far less than a constant comfort. He had been born in the city, where massive stone nests rose on all sides, and was used to having things constantly looming over him. Despite their still damaged appearance from the fire when he had first joined Thunderclan, all of the oak and maple trees on every side felt welcoming. It would be a lie to say he was excited or thrilled to be back in a place that had never really felt like home. But, a sense of belonging overwhelmed him, even as he continued to push it away. Regardless of whether or not he had chosen this place, or truly loved it here, this was where he had to be. That much he had learned from being away.

"Stay close to me. Don't want them to think I'm just letting strange cats walk into the camp." Coyotefang muttered lowly to Marshpaw. Part of him hoped Blizzardstar would let him join, the other part still wondered what duty led him to advocate for a former Shadowclan cat. Perhaps it was the nagging sensation that his mother might have known or cared for the tom as a clanmate. It had to always be about Wolffang's desires, didn't it? He hated that a sense of what his mother wanted him to be was his most guiding principle, but he knew nothing else. Straying from the clans had only lead to more of a sense of being lost. But, at least he had learned something. Maybe constantly striving for a dead cat's goals was not the best way to live. His ear flicked in a dismissal of his own thoughts as they reached the gorse.

A breath stuck in his throat like a piece of tough freshkill. However, Coyotefang did not hesitate as he stepped back into camp. His yellow-amber eyes scanned the clearing as he padded to the center. After all this time, he was back.

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

Number of posts : 1273

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 am

Birchheart sifted through the fresh-kill, cleaning it of feathers and crowfood. The she-cat had been busy lately, learning to be a mentor was difficult when she didn't feel capable of truly helping her clan. She started to groom her face after finishing with the last of the waste in the fresh-kill pile and sat back on her haunches. That was until she smelled something off. It was foreign like Petalkit and Josie's scents with the scent of marsh blurring its clarity. But, it was familiar as well. Looking up, she stared in disbelief. Coyotefang? She stood and bound over to him. "Where have you been?" The she-cat meowed. "You've missed so much, our clan is hurting! Where were you all this time?" While the shock of seeing him again was dominant in her voice, there was an edge of frustration to it as well.

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Tumblr_inline_nxdnzzrYTJ1tvy6vg_500

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan Warrior
#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Latest?cb=20130824163422

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:26 am

The dark tabby that followed Coyotefang felt tired. He padded behind him slowly, white paws occasionally blending in with the snow. His dark tail low and far from prideful. He glanced up at Coyotefang as they walked through the camp walls, then sat down silently next to him. For the moment, exhaustion seemed to make his body that much heavier. His family was gone. Just... gone. He had been too late, he had been too far away. His jaws clenched as he refused to cry. He couldn't in front of Thunderclan. Part of him wondered what he was doing here, he belonged in Shadowclan. Yet it hadn't been a shadowclan cat that had led him home... there was nothing waiting there for him.

He looked at Coyotefang again as the other tom spoke and nodded confirmation. He could do that. His gaze returned to the cats he could see, skinny from leaf-bare that obviously hadn't been kind. It made him feel self-conscious about his own healthy appearance. He looked like a kittypet among the clan cats, and he felt like one. For not the first time he thought about the comforts the last twolegs he met had given him, but he couldn't stay. Not there, he was a warrior at heart. The forest was where he belonged, even if it wasn't with his birth clan. He shifted his weight uncomfortably, letting his healing leg take a break from his weight as they waited.

"Thank you." He murmured softly to Coyotefang. The warrior didn't have to do this for him. Marshpaw knew that Coyotefang could have easily just said he was on his own and left. That he hadn't was a surprise, but a grateful one as he felt the shock of his family's departure finally loosening its grip. It would never get easier, and he knew he wouldn't sleep tonight, but for now, he had to not appear weak. He had to be strong, to be certain that he could be useful to Thunderclan. He blinked in surprise as a she-cat bounded over and shifted his position slightly so that he was still close, but unobtrusive to Birchheart.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 am

Specklefang had been contemplating Firestone's words, and he was right. She still had family here, tethering her to Thunderclan. Birchheart needed her help, her family needed her help. They were falling apart. But it was because of her? Wasn't it? If she hadn't existed her mother and father would still be together, her mother would be happy. Her kits wouldn't exist sure, but they wouldn't have to face what they were facing. Leafstorm would still be alive and happy with his sister, Sunpaw. Every path she looked at seemed to scream at her how much happier they would be without her.

A rousing at the camp entrance brought the she-cat from her solemn thoughts, a familiar but altered scent reaching her nose. Turning to look she saw just in time at see Coyotefang and a tom following behind him. Her eyes widened, but she didn't move, watching as her daughter approached the tom. Her little-nubbed tail making her heart drop, she was such a terrible mother... Pushing herself onto creaking joints she padded towards the two toms and her daughter.

She was hesitant. When the tom had disappeared, she was devastated though she struggled not to show it. The tom had grown on her, and she was not blind to the affections he and her daughter had for each other despite themselves seemingly not knowing. "Coyotefang." She meowed lowly, her voice rasping from disuse. Her crooked tail flicking back in forth as she warred over her emotions, should she be happy? Sad? Angry? She had no idea, it was so difficult to tell as of late. Frowning she inhaled sharply and breathed out with a soft 'whoosh'. "Welcome back." She mewed simply.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9942

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 am

Tatteredleaf was leaving the warrior's den, stepping out to stretch out her leg and her muscles. Her scars  and injuries from the badger still made her stiff as all get out. It was mostly her leg in the end that gave her the most issue. She couldn't move it at all really, and it was difficult hunting with it. As soon as the rogue scent reached her nose, she stopped her stretches and froze with her fur fluffed up.

Her amber eyes scanned the clearing for any sign of attack. After the Badger situation she couldn't help but be paranoid. Her eyes landed on the two cats, one of them familiar.. "Coyotefang..?" The scarred gray and white warrior asked. She didn't really pay any mind to the other cat. "Oh starclan.. you are alive.." She was happy. She always felt a connection to Coyotefang seeing how they both weren't Thunderclan born. She glanced over to Specklefanf for a moment, stopping next to the the larger cat, leaning against her slightly. She always had an issue standing sometimes.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 am

Leopardclaw had just exited the elder's den - visiting Lichenfang - when he caught sight of the two cats pushing their way through the camp entrance.  For a moment the deputy's fur bristled threateningly, but upon recognizing the brown tabby pelt of Coyotefang his attitude changed to one of surprise and relief.  "Coyotefang!"  Trotting over to join the group that had crowded around them, he blinked in a friendly way at Wolffang's son, before meowing; "I'm glad to see you, but what happened?  And who is this?"  The deputy glared sternly down at tom-cat who stood at Coyotefang's side, clearly scenting of Twolegplace.  He had never seen this cat before in his life...yet...something about him seemed quite familiar....

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3828

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:25 am

OOC: crap n' stuff but I can't write good rn
IC: "Coyotefang!"
Leafstorm shouldered his way through the growing crowd, wincing as he stepped on his bad leg. Despite the pain, a watching cat could easily see that the fluffy tom was ecstatic.
"Coyotefang!" The grizzled tom's voice was muffled as he nuzzled Coyotefang quickly. "Where were you? Are you hurt?" The tom mewed, stepping back and looking him over anxiously. "I've got so much to tell you- Whatever, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that you're home now, right?"
Leafstorm took a small step forward as if he was going to embrace his former apprentice again, but he seemed to think better of it and stayed where he was, grinning widely. "Sharptooth's gonna be glad to see you." He purred, looking Coyotefang up and down again. Coyotefang seemed to have grown. He was holding himself differently, or perhaps this was just the first time Leafstorm had really seen him. "Have you gotten bigger?"

Just then, Sharptooth pushed her way out of the crowd. "You idiot!" She hissed, giving him a hard smack on the shoulder with one paw. "You absolute idiot! Why'd you go and leave us? Why didn't you come back? For days I looked for you, you know. But no, you just had to leave and come back with a half-dead who-knows-what following you and- and-" At a loss for words, Sharptooth just stood there.
Suddenly, tears filled her eyes and she threw herself at him. "D-don't you dare leave a-again, you hear me? You're lucky I j-just got back from a patrol, cuz' if I h-had any more energy y-you'd be in the M-Medicine Cat den from now u-until Greenleaf."

Last edited by Drippy on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Characters : [b]reezepaw | [s]oftkit | [p]inekit
Aries Goat
Number of posts : 1239

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 am

Robinpaw watched the gathering crowd with interest glinting in her sharp green eyes. She was barely just inside the medicine den, having instructions not to leave for a while. So there she sat, watching the scene. Her eyes fell upon her grandfather, who seemed happy enough to see this strange newcomer, so that should mean he was safe. Safe. Robinpaw yawned, allowing her stance to relax slightly. She slowly but steadily climbed to her paws, wincing slightly as a short, sharp burst of pain hit her. Still not fully recovered, then. Now, she hated that RiverClan tom with a passion. Bat-whatever had done this to her. She slowly, shakily limped from the medicine den. Maplepaw could do what she liked. Robinpaw needed to see what was going on. So what if her injuries were new? It was just a solo patrol. Anything could have happened, really, it was just bad luck she had met those fish head scum. The brown apprentice approached Coyotefang and Marshpaw, joining the gathering crowd that surrounded them on shaky legs. "Who are you two?" Robinpaw asked warily, adding her question to the voices of the other cats fussing over them. She stood pretty close to Leafstorm, feeling safe around the strong, experienced tom. The other, older cats seemed to know this tom. What threat could he possibly pose?

breezepaw | skyclan apprentice | 20 / 80 | colour code #99ccff

softkit | skyclan unborn kit | 5 / 15 | colour code #666699

pinekit | shadowclan unborn kit | 5 / 15 | colour code #cc0033

~ not all who wander are lost ~
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm

The tabby warrior tensed as cats rushed around him. Birchpaw was the first. His amber eyes blinked slowly as he stared down at her. All those questions and he had no response. As more gathered around, he pawed the ground and gritted his teeth, but made no real outward acknowledgment of his discomfort. Another voice spoke up softly and his eyes snapped up to look at Specklefang. The words hit him and Coyotefang's head cocked slightly and he flicked one ear to show he had heard her. But, there was no way he could have come up with anything to say in the moment. As another cat, horribly scarred joined them, he couldn't help but take notice. She seemed to know him, but... his eyes widened slightly as he pieced it together. Shadowleaf?

Something welled up in his chest, for once, and he longed for some words to come to his tongue. But, he had never been gifted with speech, he never tried, nor attempted to build up an attachment to others. Apparently, a bit of that had built up anyways. He wanted to let out a growl of frustration. This wasn't how things were supposed to be. Leopardclaw was next, the deputy he had grown some respect for. If there was any cat he needed to answer, it would be him. He chose to answer latter question, they could talk about his whereabouts later, "Marshpaw. He was Shadowclan but needs somewhere to go now." It bothered him to not be able to figure out why he wanted to advocate for the former apprentice, but he knew he would.

Leafstorm was the next to pipe up. His gaze met his mentor's green gaze and he offered up a weak smile that quickly fell. Before he had left, he had begun to disdain the warrior for his relationship with Specklefang. Now, he couldn't bring it to bother him. Being away seemed to have softened his heart and he hated it. At the mention of Sharptooth, the young warrior flicked his ear. He had thought of her the most. When they had been denmates, Coyotefang himself appreciating her company. As much sharpness as she constantly had, some of her mother's nature bleeding through, it was refreshing to be around someone who he was comfortable with. The hints of a smile appeared once again. It was then something smacked across his shoulder and he stumbled back a few pawsteps.

"Sharptooth?" He muttered in disbelief. It was almost as if she was right on cue. Her words aggravated and touched him all at once. Finally, Coyotefang sighed, "I won't." Leave he left off. She would understand.

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

Number of posts : 1273

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 12:48 pm

Bircheart felt only more frustration when he didn't answer her and then seeing her father limp to the tom with glee and then her sister as well, she struggled to understand why they didn't feel the same. Her mother even gathered enough effort to say a few words! She hadn't wanted to interact with her own blood but Coyotefang seemed to be worth it. She really didn't get it. They were all so damaged yet seeing Coyotefang as healthy as a kittypet brought them all together. She growled and glared off to the side. She was adopted after all. Maybe this was something that was understood among the real members of the family. With a deep breath, she decided she'd just take her energy out on a hunting patrol and some border patrols later on. Right now, her mind grew weary at the idea of bringing in two cats who were used to full bellies and supporting them with all the other obstacles. Birchheart would give up her meals if it came to that. Not for Coyotefang but for the clan's overall well being. That much was under her control. Not much else seemed to be.

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Tumblr_inline_nxdnzzrYTJ1tvy6vg_500

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan Warrior
#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Latest?cb=20130824163422

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Marshpaw watched cats greet Coyotefang in silence. He wondered if this was the type of reunion he could have had with his own family. Amber eyes turned to stare at a scrap of moss that laid abandoned in the snow. Grief weighed heavy in his chest as he swallowed it down fiercely. He couldn't let Coyotefang do all the speaking for him... and it seemed like most of these cats had been worried.

"I'm sorry I caused him a small delay in his return to you." He began, his head lowered respectfully to his friend's clanmates. "My name is Marshpaw... I am formerly of Shadowclan and the son of Hazeflight and Eagleheart." Marshpaw explained, though he knew it would raise questions as well as solve answers. The fear that his father's lineage could hold him back didn't apply in Thunderclan like it did in Shadowclan, and he allowed himself the dignity of holding his head high and proud. "I was lost in the twoleg places for awhile until he was able to guide me back to the forest."

Featherpaw padded up to the crowd with curiosity from the camp entrance. He had only just returned from a patrol. The scent of two strangers was hard to miss as he stood near Sharptooth, but out of the way in case a fight broke out. For a moment, he expected one as his mother pushed her way through and smacked him. His muscles tensed to defend her until she... he blinked. She was crying? Featherpaw stood bewildered next to the other cats. He didn't know what to make of this development. With another look around, he tried to see any signs of hostility. With no cat being on edge, he finally allowed himself to step forward. Clearly, these toms were safe, even if they smelled of twoleg-place and one of them definitely looked kittypet.
"Mother, you know him?" He mewed curiously.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]   I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Going Home, to the Place that I Belong [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1