Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a quick hunt (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 974

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 4:27 pm

Although Ceres hadn't been directly assigned to any of the morning patrols, she still had a desire to hunt. If anything, it would be better to hunt without the SkyClanners having to show off their tree-hopping skills every two seconds, and it wouldn't serve as a distraction to her. She supposed that putting up with them was worth if it meant bringing it enough prey to feed all of the mouths in the camp. One of the only positive aspects of being stationed in SkyClan that the she-cat would think of was the fact that her sister, Shira, was here with her. It certainly made the whole situation a lot less daunting and lonely knowing that she could speak to her littermate whenever she didn't feel like interacting with the Clan cats. In fact, that's what she found herself doing on that chilly morning.

"Shira," She nudged the Scout with her nose, "C'mon, Shira, wake up! Let's go do something!"
She didn't particularly care if she was acting like a kit who had never seen the light of day before.
"Let's, like, hunt or whatever. I dunno, I'm just bored." Ceres huffed, sitting down beside Shira.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Characters : (E)cho, (T)inypaw, (A)shstorm (dead), (Sh)ira (dead), (W)aterlily (dead), (S)carletriver (dead), Big Man (K)even (dead)
Clan/Rank : (A) Skyclan Tier 5 Warrior, (Sh) Elder, (W) Thunderclan Tier 4 Warrior, (S) Tier 3 Warrior, (K) Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1060

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Shira felt her sister's nose press against her and heard the words she was saying, but her tired ears could not figure out what they meant.  One of her eyes slightly opened to realize that the sun was still not over the horizon, even though it would be very soon.  "Go back to sleep, Ceres," Shira mumbled tiredly.  One of the good things about being in Skyclan was that each Asylum cat had their own nest in the forest, so that meant their sleep would not be interrupted.  Or that was how it was supposed to be.  Her sister's were some of the few cats that she liked, but sometimes they could be pretty annoying.  Her mind finally made out the words that her sister said.

She laid there for a few moments, before realizing that she could not go back to sleep and even if she was able to, she would need to wake up soon anyway.  "Finnnne," she said slightly annoyed.  A slight hiss escaped her as she rolled over on her back.  She stretched all her legs out and then stood up with a yawn.  She shook her head in an attempt to wake herself up more.

"Let's go hunting," She exclaimed and then started walking and looking for prey, knowing Ceres was not too far behind her.

Echo - Loner - Tier 1 Rogue
Tinypaw - Thunderclan - Apprentice

I don't have new art, so you get the drawings of my old cats :)
Signature done by Arcana and Scarletriver Loki Avatar done by Cocoa!
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Ceres’ eyes glittered with determination despite Shira’s initial whines of protest.
“I can’t go back to sleep, I’m not tired!” She declared, continuing to poke the Scout.
Finally, when her sister gave in to her nudges, a smile found its way to Ceres’ face. If they were quick, it was possible that they would be able to make it back with their catches before any of the early patrols returned to camp. She had no idea where any of those patrols were in the territory, though, so she figured that it would be wise to stop yelling so that their prey as well as her own wouldn’t scamper away in fear. The Standard quickly followed after Shira as she took the lead and began to pad through the forest that the SkyClanners called home.

The height of the trees still made her feel a bit sick, but she would have to get used to it.
“Hey, Shira, do you think I should try climbing one of those things sometime?” She asked, glancing up at the treetops from where she was positioned on the ground. It couldn’t be too difficult, right? All she had to do was use her claws to stick and pull herself up. She was about to give it a try when her eyes landed on a bird that wasn’t far from the tree that she had been focused on. Judging by the nest in the branches, it had flown to the earth to look for some food to bring back up to its little shelter.

She silently lowered down into a crouch and didn’t hesitate to crawl towards it with paws that made no sound and a tail that didn’t touch the terrain. By the look of it, the bird was far more focused on yanking a helpless worm out of the ground than it was on its surroundings. It was practically asking to be caught. She narrowed her yellow eyes slightly before leaping off of the ground and sending herself directly towards her prey.

It was embarrassing, to say the least, when Ceres realized that she had used a bit too much force, causing her to completely over-jump and miss her prey. A huff left her jaws as the bird snatched up its wriggling worm and escaped back to the safety of its nest.
“Whatever, that was just a warm up. The next bird I see with totally be mi-“ She paused, staring directly ahead of her.
A few fox-lengths away, an owl held a limp, lifeless mouse that it had killed for an early morning meal. Ceres hissed as she realized that it had been alerted by her talking.

It lifted its wings in a rather threatening manner, using them to its advantage to propel its body towards her and take a slice at her shoulder with its hooked talons. The Standard hid back any reaction as it ripped away at fur and skin. There was no time to react, there was only time to fight back. Shira was a Scout, and their strength was hunting, not fighting. Ceres wasn’t about to let her sister get hurt. With a yowl, she lifted herself onto her back legs and violently used her front paws to strike the owl’s face.

owl used "talon strike" on ceres, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.
ceres used "upright front paws" on eagle, dealing 14 damage and costing 20 stamina.

ceres
hp - 65/75
sp - 180/200

owl
hp - 36/50 hp
sp - 110/120

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by verychuumas on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15020

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 7:30 pm

The member 'verychuumas' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

a quick hunt (c) Mistpe10
a quick hunt (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Characters : (E)cho, (T)inypaw, (A)shstorm (dead), (Sh)ira (dead), (W)aterlily (dead), (S)carletriver (dead), Big Man (K)even (dead)
Clan/Rank : (A) Skyclan Tier 5 Warrior, (Sh) Elder, (W) Thunderclan Tier 4 Warrior, (S) Tier 3 Warrior, (K) Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Pig

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 11:51 pm

Shira looked up at the large tree her sister was thinking about trying to climb.  She was about to answer her question, when she saw Ceres go into a low hunting stance.  She kept her mouth shut to make sure not to scare away her sister's prey.  She would never say it out loud, but she was very proud of Ceres.  Her stance was perfect and her tail barely even touched the ground.  Shira was waiting silently to see how her sister's hunt would turn out.  When Ceres attempted to pounce on her prey and completely missed it, Shira could not hide her smile and let a small chuckle escape her.  "Wow," she joked.

Her eye spotted the owl as soon as it rushed at her sister.  Her expression immediately changed to anger.  That anger was only fueled when she saw some of Ceres flesh get torn away by the beast.  Ceres fought back and Shira was pretty sure that her sister could kill it if she wanted to, but when the owl went to attack Ceres again, Shira could not see her sister get hurt again.

"Hey, mouse brain!" She yelled at the owl and it froze for a moment.  She turned around and picked her hind legs up and kicked the owl with as much force as she could.  She quickly put her back legs down, turned again towards the owl and took a fighting stance, hissing loudly.  The owl got push back, but soon regained it's original position and swooped down, scratching Shira with it's large claws.

Shira used "Back Kick" dealing 15 damage and costing 15 stamina.
Owl used "Talon Strike" dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Owl
21 / 50 HP
100 / 120 SP

Shira
65 / 75 HP
185/200 SP

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 11:04 pm

The owl was now focused on attacking Shira, and Ceres decided to use that to her advantage. There was no time to hesitate or hold back. She quickly sprang towards the owl and winced slightly as they both tumbled to the ground. There was definitely a quick scuffle between them as the owl furiously beat its large, feathery wings in an attempt to tear itself away from her grasp. The Standard unsheathed her claws once again and sank them into its wings while she used the rest of her body to hold down the rest of it. The bird knew how to fight, that was for sure. She growled as the owl began to slow down its efforts to escape. If she let her guard down even a little bit then the bird would be given the opportunity to make another attack.
"I don't know how long I'll be able to hold this thing," Ceres hissed, "go for its face or something while it's down!"

ceres used "leap and hold" on owl, dealing 13 damage and costing 10 stamina. owl is pinned for one turn!

ceres
hp - 65/75
sp - 170/200

owl
hp - 8/50
sp - 100/120

Last edited by verychuumas on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 11:04 pm

'Effect Dice' : 1

a quick hunt (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Leo Pig

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Shira looked at her sister.  Good job, she thought, but did not have much time to think about that before she went to attack.  She ran up towards the owl's head, as her sister mentioned she should do, and quickly began scratching at it's face.  Flesh peeled off the struggling owl's muscles and soon a small pool of crimson blood began to form.  Soon enough, the owl lay lifeless underneath her sisters paws.  She took a few deep breaths, before she began to start joyfully laughing.  She was not sure she had ever been that happy.  It seemed silly, but her and the other cats did not seem to get much privacy with all the cats around, so now that it was just her and her sister, she felt comfortable to put her guard down and have fun like a normal cat would.

She glanced up at the large tree that was to the side of them.  "To answer your quest, yes," she exclaimed happily.  "I think we should try to climb a tree sometime." Her sister did not know that she had already tried once, the night before actually, but she did not need to.  Shira would gleefully try again, no matter how bad she was.

The Owl was pinned and could not do anything
Shira used Front Paw Strike, dealing 12HP in damage and using 10SP

Owl
0HP / 100SP (-12HP)

Shira
65HP / 175SP (-10SP)

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 4:43 am

Ceres exhaled in relief as the owl began to struggle less and less, overwhelmed by the force from both her and her sisters claws. She gradually let her guard down as it slowed down its efforts to escape and eventually stopped altogether. The first thing the Standard did after releasing the defeated creature was check to make sure that her and her sister weren't too terribly injured. It was fortunate that the owl had barely had the chance to get in any wounds that were too bad. She didn't mind pushing through the slight discomfort in her shoulder to continue hunting, and by the sound of Shira's laughter, her sister probably wouldn't mind either. She couldn't help but let laughter consume her as well, completely disregarding the fact that the sound echoing through the treetops would frighten any potential prey.

"Yesss!" She celebrated, the biggest smile crossing her face, "I bet I'll be a better climber than those SkyClanners in no time!"
Realistically, they would have to save tree-climbing for another day. The bird from her most recent attempt was back. Confusion was evident on Ceres' face as she watched it stick its beak around in the dirt. Surely it wasn't very smart if it returned back to the area that it had almost been killed in. Nonetheless, she considered this to be a good thing; she wouldn't have to travel very far to search for prey, now. It would be upsetting if she missed the same prey once again. She approached it with stealth, trying her hardest to improve her form from her last try. She waited until it lowered its little head again to pick at the terrain before springing towards it. Confidence surged through her veins as she landed on top of the winged creature and cut off its breath with a bite to its feathered neck.

"Finally! See? I told you the next bird I saw will be mine." She said, brimming over with satisfaction as she kicked some dirt over her catch.

ceres successfully caught a bird! it cost her 3 sp.
167/200

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by verychuumas on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 4:43 am

'Hunting Dice' : 1

a quick hunt (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Leo Pig

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 1:56 pm

Shira laughed a little at her sister's confidence.  "Great job, Ceres," she said.  Shira took a few steps towards her sister to say something more.  Something, about how Ceres was strong and how she loved her, but Shira ended up stopping right before she did and slightly dug her claws into the earth below her.  "We probably should be heading back soon," she said instead.  She barely slept at all that night and her sister waking her up early did not help.  Maybe she could get a little more sleep before starting her day.  But still, for some reason it pained her to say.

But, uh, maybe I should catch something first?" It sounded like a question, but she did not wait for an answer before starting looking around for prey.  She saw a few birds, but continued to look, nearly feeling sick at the thought of eating another bird.  A fluffy brown small creature hopped out from a bush to grab a nut that fell from one of the many tree.  The squirrel picked up the small nut in it's paws and Shira slowly walked towards it in a hunting stance.  It was staying pretty still and Shira guessed it would be a pretty easy catch.  She glanced at her sister and then pounced at the fluffy tailed creature.

She succeeded in catching the small creator and bit down on it, letting the crimson drops of blood drip down onto the ground filled with ash, dead leaves and grass. She turned towards Ceres and spit out the squirrel now drained of it's life. "This squirrel was mine," she teased Ceres.

Last edited by Little Ripped on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 1:56 pm

The member 'Little Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

a quick hunt (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a quick hunt (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quick hunt (c)   a quick hunt (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

a quick hunt (c)
Page 1 of 1