Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2020 - 16:28

Duran gasped as the eagle grabbed Shimmerdust in its talons, round green eyes widening to the size of full moons.  Oh no, this is bad...  For a moment he was stuck in place, trying to think of what to do; Streamtail's strong kick seemed to make it falter for a moment, but soon enough it was starting to lift off again, the young RiverClan warrior struggling in its clasp.  Okay, breathe Duran, remember your training...how can you use your environment to your advantage?  Looking around, he caught sight of a large rock that was half-way in the river, usually an unremarkable aspect of the world...however, the eagle was close by, and it's height seemed just about perfect.  The rest was on him.

"Keep struggling Shimmerdust!"  Duran set off at a sprint, bunching his haunches and leaping onto the stone.  Scaling to the top, he took only a second before leaping once more, this time straight towards the bird's wing.  Now, Duran wasn't much of a jumper; his body was more stocky than lithe, his legs short, and long fur thick and not very aerodynamic.  Try his best he couldn't help but fall a bit short, latching onto the bird's wing though not with a very good grip.  Thankfully though it was enough to bring the eagle back down to earth, and as soon as he felt his paws land back on the ground he pushed off, climbing onto the bird's back.  Raising both of his unsheathed forepaws into the air, he brought them down onto the eagle's neck with all the force he could manage in his precarious position; it was enough for the avian predator to finally admit defeat, and Duran sunk his fangs into the back of the eagle's neck, killing it.

When the creature went limp Duran finally was able to breathe again, panting as he stumbled down from it's back and found Shimmerdust, who had been brought back down to earth along with the bird.  "A-Are you okay?"  Peeking at her back, the tom's face hardened with worry; "Those cuts look pretty deep...here, there are some cobwebs in the rock crack..."  Trotting over to the rock, he wrapped the old webs around his paw before returning; however, he hesitated for a moment, gazing at Shimmerdust tentatively.  "Are you...comfortable with me treating your wounds?  All I would do is quell the bleeding, it's the same thing medicine cats would use."  Duran realized that his kind heart was battling with the inescapable fact that he was a complete stranger to this cat; he had to give her the choice.

Duran used Upright lock on the Eagle, dealing 16 damage and costing 25 stamina.
The Eagle is defeated.

Duran:
HP: 65/75
SP: 155/200

Eagle:
HP: 0/60
SP: 190/200

Streamtail:
HP: 60/60
SP: 170/200

Shimmerdust:
HP: 25/45
SP: 137/160

Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 1226

Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 2:12

Streamtail sighed in relief as Ashpaw dealt the final blow and eyed the eagle in distaste. Padding closer to Shimmerdust and wincing at the wounds, the blue-grey she-cat turned towards Ashpaw in surprise. "You have medicine cat training with the other Asylum cats? Or...?" She was slightly stunned that her friend knew about some healing. Maybe Ashpaw just payed really close attention to the medicine cats, or maybe his time with the Asylum taught him other skills except hunting and fighting. "You could also just find Thornpaw at the medicine den back at camp if you'd like, but it would be better if Ashpaw patched you up now. It's alright, you can actually trust him now. He's Ivystar's adopted son." Turning towards Ashpaw and spotting his fox pelt, Streamtail dragged it towards the other cat, trying to not get it dirty. "Speaking of Ivystar...we're talking to her, right after Shimmerdust gets some herbs from Thornpaw."

Ebonysong of ShadowClan Willowheart of StarClan Streamtail of RiverClan

Siggy by Sumashira <333333333333333

Proud founder of The Jolly Crisis Crew

Honeykit of SkyClan Rosepaw of StarClan
(Not pictured) (Not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Talis

Talis

Characters : Shimmerdust {S}, Willowdance {W}, Amberfluff {A}, Hopepaw {H}, Dreamfire {D}
Clan/Rank : {S} RiverClan T5 Warrior, {W} SkyClan T2 Warrior, {A} WindClan T3 Warrior, {H} ShadowClan Apprentice, {D} ThunderClan NPC Elder
Gemini Pig
Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 19:41

Duran did a good job slamming the eagle, and Shimmerdust along with it, straight into the ground. The she-cat gritted her teeth, tucking her legs and head together in an attempt to lessen the impact force on her head. It seemed to work since she didn’t feel incredibly dizzy or something. Her legs and back throbbed as she finally managed to get free.

Duran’s offer to treat her wounds made Shimmerdust contemplate. She still didn’t really trust him, but she doubted there was any way to use cobwebs to poison someone. Besides, Duran already had Streamtail’s trust, he wouldn’t risk losing it by not treating Shimmerdust wrongly on purpose, would he?

And besides, judging by Streamtail’s amount of surprise, she didn’t know Duran could treat wounds. If Duran had kept silent and let Shimmerdust bleed out or something, that would have been a more sure-fire way to get her killed, and Streamtail wouldn’t blame him either. Shimmerdust would also have to go to Thornpaw later, but from her evaluation thus far, accepting Duran’s treatment was fine.

The next second, Streamtail spoke up again. And that was what finally convinced Shimmerdust that Duran could be trusted to treat her wound, at least for now. She may not know how good Streamtail’s judgement was, but she trusted Ivystar’s judgement. If Duran was her adopted son, he should be fine.

She glanced at Duran and nodded. ”Fine then.” She responded, lowering herself back down to the ground. She shifted herself so her legs were more exposed for treatment as well. She had been treated by Spiderquill before and had a bit of an idea of the proper treatment procedure.

Profiles

Shimmerdust-Female-She/Her-RiverClan T5 Warrior-#797474-70/160

Willowdance-Female-She/Her-SkyClan T2 Warrior-#0fe617-40/100

Amberfluff-Female-She/Her-WindClan T3 Warrior-#ffa500-50/120

Hopegiver-Female-She/Her-ShadowClan T1 Warrior-#ffc999-30/80

Dreamfire-Female-She/Her-ThunderClan NPC Permaqueen-#6a5acd-50/80

No longer played:
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jan 2021 - 16:13

Duran's intent focus switched suddenly from Shimmerdust to Streamtail, and for a moment he was a bit confused.  Huh?  Didn't I tell her back then?  I guess not.  Smiling softly, he purred back to his old friend; "Oh, I suppose I never ended up telling you much about my birth family.  Well, my mother Violet was raised by two rogue healers.  She inherited their knowledge, and she ended up passing a little bit of it down to me before her and my father died of illness. Asylum gave me a bit of training also, but that's where it started."  Shimmerdust still looked apprehensive, and Duran was glad that Streamtail seemed to know what to say; however, her announcement of his relationship to Ivystar hit him like a slap across the face, and the tom's bright green eyes darkened with anxiety.  Regardless of his feelings, this fact above any else seemed to calm Shimmerdust's nerves, and he met her vivid blue gaze with a reassuring nod.  However, as he leaned over to spread the cobwebs across the talon marks on her back and legs, his mind was whirling.  

I know this was the right thing to do...but I really don't know what's going to happen next.  What will Ivystar do, how will I even be able to face her?  Stormbringer and Honeytongue too...wait, why is Thornpaw the only medicine cat Streamtail mentioned?  Is Spiderquill...dead?  Lyralei will have questions also..  The weight of all these impending moments of truth was suddenly too much to bear; when Streamtail came back with his fox pelt and spoke once more, Duran felt himself flinch.  Pausing in his efforts on Shimmerdust, he whipped around to face the silver she-cat, eyes wide and pleading.  "Wait, Streamtail please, can we just keep this quiet for now, the three of us?  I...facing Mom again...she already recognized me during the invasion and the stress nearly made me sick!  I don't feel ready yet...I just need a bit more time, to find the right words..."  He knew he sounded pathetic and cowardly, like a little kit who knew they were in trouble, but it was so much more than any consequence or berating he might get.  To explain how he had ended up here, he would have to recall that time...his greatest failure.  Quickly finishing his cobweb treatment for Shimmerdust, Duran rose to his paws and faced Streamtail, ears flattened and fluffy tail low to the ground.  Please...I can't do this yet!

Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jan 2021 - 16:11

Streamtail noted how uncomfortable Ashpaw seemed and nodded at him. Give him a break, Streamtail. He just got back."I understand, Ashpaw, but, you don't have to think of the right words. You just...showed me and I understood. While I may not be Ivystar, or Stormbringer, or Honeytongue, I am your friend. Just remember that." Turning back to Shimmerdust, she waved her tail at her in a questioning gesture. "Are you ready to go? If you need more time to rest, we can just call for Thornpaw." The cobwebs had done a lot to stop the bleeding, but it would be better if Shimmerdust had proper care. No one ever knew what even the smallest scratches could do.

Ebonysong of ShadowClan Willowheart of StarClan Streamtail of RiverClan

Siggy by Sumashira <333333333333333

Proud founder of The Jolly Crisis Crew

Honeykit of SkyClan Rosepaw of StarClan
(Not pictured) (Not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Talis

Talis

Characters : Shimmerdust {S}, Willowdance {W}, Amberfluff {A}, Hopepaw {H}, Dreamfire {D}
Clan/Rank : {S} RiverClan T5 Warrior, {W} SkyClan T2 Warrior, {A} WindClan T3 Warrior, {H} ShadowClan Apprentice, {D} ThunderClan NPC Elder
Gemini Pig
Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Jan 2021 - 0:49

Shimmerdust stayed silent during the entire conversation. It felt as though she had intruded upon a private conversation. She felt like the third wheel of the conversation, not knowing what to say to the duo of friends. They had known each other for twice as long as she had known the two of them combined. Not saying much since her first glance at Duran had been during the invasion, but still.

As Duran finally finished his treatment, Shimmerdust got to her paws. Her wounded areas were no longer full-on painful, fading into more of a dull throb. This collection of scars will look nice alongside the bunch given by Adderpaw. One batch given by a predator, another batch given by someone so vicious and heartless she might as well be a predator.

When Streamtail turned to her, she responded with a nod. ”I should be more or less fine now. Thanks.” She responded to Streamtail, then began leading the way back to camp. She will certainly be going to Thornpaw as soon as possible.

Profiles

Shimmerdust-Female-She/Her-RiverClan T5 Warrior-#797474-70/160

Willowdance-Female-She/Her-SkyClan T2 Warrior-#0fe617-40/100

Amberfluff-Female-She/Her-WindClan T3 Warrior-#ffa500-50/120

Hopegiver-Female-She/Her-ShadowClan T1 Warrior-#ffc999-30/80

Dreamfire-Female-She/Her-ThunderClan NPC Permaqueen-#6a5acd-50/80

No longer played:
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Jan 2021 - 11:28

As Streamtail spoke Duran left himself slowly began to relax until a relieved smile once again marked the tom's fluffy face, and he let out a deep sigh.  "Thank you, Streamtail.  I'm so happy we were able to meet again...and that you still consider me a friend."  He had convinced himself over the last quarter moon that if he was revealed he would be utterly rejected by his old friends and family, but seeing Streamtail's kindness again made him realize how blinding his own delusions had become.  RiverClan was filled to the brim with good cats, that's why he had been accepted there in the first place.  However, as Shimmerdust got to her paws and the three prepared to start heading back, Duran went over to pick up his black fox pelt.  Swinging it back over his body, he meowed back to the two she-cats, a regretful glint in his green eyes.  "If I could ask one thing of you though...please don't use my old name.  The Asylum doesn't know I used to be in the Clans, and I'd like to keep it that way for now."  That was the logical reason, but in his heart, he knew the truth; hearing the name Ashpaw hurt him in a way he couldn't describe.  It was both a sense of longing and painful nostalgia, a title belonging to a cat long gone.  I am Duran now, an Asylum scout who has returned to his old home to take it over in the name of our mission...that is who I am.  Grabbing a wing of the eagle, he followed Streamtail and Shimmerdust back to camp, feeling lighter than he had in a long time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)   Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting, bonding, fighting (Closed for Shimmerdust and Duran/Ashpaw)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2