Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It's Time to Train! [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fox

Fox

Characters : Alive: Crimsonpaw (C) Dead: [Foxspirit] (F), [Echofrost] (E), [Briarthorn] (B), [Meadowpaw] (M), [Shag] (Sh)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 779

It's Time to Train! [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 11:10

Foxspirit woke up as the sun rose. She stretched her back, hearing a popping noise. I'm not that old yet... Am I? After a quick grooming, she walked out of the Warriors den and into the apprentices den. As quietly as she could, so that she wouldent wake any of the other apprentices up, she padded up to Flurrypaw's nest. "It's time to get up, dear." Foxspirit said in a loud whisper, gently nudging him with her nose. "Today we start your training! Don't you want to go see the moor?"

It's Time to Train! [Closed] Mi9fm8
Back to top Go down
leeeonard

leeeonard

Characters : Flurryfox (F), Berrykit/Mirae (M)
Clan/Rank : WC Apprentice, Rogue?
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 11:27

Flurrypaw felt something in the midst of his sleep. He opened his eyes, groggy with sleep, and saw Foxspirit. "Huh?" He grunted. As he started to come out of the thick warmth of sleep, Flurrypaw stood up wobbily. He didn't quite understand why a warrior was waking him up, let alone being in the nursery at this hour. Did someone give birth?

After a moment of puzzled, mouth gaping pondering Flurrypaw remembered. "Oh, uh, yeah! I'll be out in a heartbeat!" He was to see the moor for the first time! He had only seen it from the fringes of camp, only to be pulled back by his mother or by a stern warrior. Flurrypaw started to give himself a quick wash, flattening sleep-ruffled fur with quick motions. Finished, he padded out. The morning breeze felt cool on his fur, a new beginning.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Characters : Alive: Crimsonpaw (C) Dead: [Foxspirit] (F), [Echofrost] (E), [Briarthorn] (B), [Meadowpaw] (M), [Shag] (Sh)
Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 12:07

Foxspirit started towards the camp exit, making sure that Flurrypaw could catch up. Outside of camp, she took a deep breath of the crisp morning air before turning to her apprentice. "The first thing I am going to teach you to do is hunt." She began walking out onto the moor. "Hunting is one of the most important things that I can teach you, even more so than fighting! No matter how good you can defend yourself, without the ability to hunt, you would starve." Foxspirit stopped, facing Flurrypaw. "I am going to show you how to catch a hare! Please watch carfully. The first step to hunting is finding your pray. You smell the air, looking for the scent of prey." After a moment of smelling, looked at the young tom. "Can you smell that? That is the smell of a hare." She gestured towards it with her tail. "The next thing you do" she whispered, "Is get into position. Make sure you are downwind of them. If they catch your scent, they will bolt." She positioned herself, crouching, her hind legs ready to spring.  "Then, you get as close as you can." She crept forwards, eyes locked on her pray. "Then, you run!" Foxspirit leaped forwards, chasing after the hare. She pounced on it, and sunk her teeth into it. Once she had killed it, she placed it under a nearby gorse bush. Foxspirit walked back to where Flurrypaw had been waiting. "Once you kill your prey, you ether place it under a bush or scrape earth over it to keep it safe from scavengers while you continue your hunt. When you are finished, you retrieve your prey and place it on the fresh kill pile," Foxspirit meowed. "Now you try it."

OOC: Time for you to learn the hunting system! You can learn the basics here: https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t27047-hunting-system The first thing you do is choose your pray, (birds, rabbits, mice, etc). Depending on your clan, and the season, you have a different chance of catching the pray you select. We are currently in Newleaf. The numbers next to the pray name are the numbers on a dice.  You roll the dice in your post. You click "preview" (It is a button under your post). There is a brown bar that says "Dices Roll", you press the + button in the top right corner of the bar, it should open the dice menu. Select "hunting dice" from the bottom left corner, and roll once. Send your post. The dice roll appears as a post from Mistpelt, WCC's creator, directly below your own. After you see the results, edit your previous post with either catching the prey, missing it. If you roll a 10, you activate a battle encounter with a predator of your choice! (The list of predictors/their move set can be found here: https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t40014-predator-list)

Last edited by Fox on Fri 29 May 2020 - 12:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 12:07

The member 'Fox' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

It's Time to Train! [Closed] Mistpe10
It's Time to Train! [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
leeeonard

leeeonard

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 12:25

Flurrypaw watched his mentor with eyes wide. She had moved so fast! His paws itched with anticipation at the thought of catching his first prey also. "Okay... I think I can smell one a few fox lengths away, behind that gorse bush." Flicking his tail towards a clump of spiky gorse, Flurrypaw trained all of his senses on the hare. While he couldn't see it, he could hear it nibbling on something. Good, it was distracted. He could barely keep himself still as he crept closer, holding the same posture as Foxspirit. When Flurrypaw could finally see it, he froze. With a quick glance at his mentor he took a breath and launched himself toward the hare.

The hare spotted him at the last moment and started to run, but Flurrypaw had already started. He dug his claws into its pelt, trying to pull down the creature that was almost as big as the small apprentice. After a struggle, the rabbit fell limp under Flurrypaw's grasp, teeth around its neck. The tom panted as he stepped back from the hare. "I did it!" He exclaimed, a moment of kit-like joy. He was barely an apprentice, after all.

Last edited by Metzi on Fri 29 May 2020 - 12:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 12:25

The member 'Metzi' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 20:57

Foxspirit smiled happily at Flurrypaw. She remembered when she had made her first catch, and how happy it had made her. "Good job!" She meowed, walking up to her apprentica. "Hares and Rabbits are not easy to catch, but they are not the only prey that we eat. We also catch birds, and other prey." Foxspirit sat down next to the gray tabby tom, her green eyes looking into his blue ones. "Birds are a lot harder to catch than hares. Unlike our other prey, you cannot chase them. If they even think that you are there, they fly away." She stood up again, smelling the air for a bird this time. "This means that you have to sneak very quietly, and hide yourself well." She found a thrush sitting on a rock, trying to brake a snails shell on it. "There's one over there," Foxspirit whispered, starting towards it. She kept downwind of it, walking slowly, and taking care to not make the grass rustle. She stopped, the only thing between her and her pray a small shrub, which barely covered her in the crouch she was in. Foxspirit shifted her weight, and leaped over the bush at the bird. But the bird evaded her, flying away with barely a whiskers width between her claws and it's feathers. "Mouse dung!" She said under her breath. Of all the times to miss a catch! She walked back to where Flurrypaw was watching. "Yep," she said, sitting down. "Birds are defiantly harder to catch than hares." Foxspirit turned her head towards her apprentice. "Would you like to try?"

Last edited by Fox on Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 21:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 20:57

The member 'Fox' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

It's Time to Train! [Closed] Mistpe10
It's Time to Train! [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
leeeonard

leeeonard

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 9:26

Flurrypaw glowed with pride at Foxspirit's praise. Meeting her gaze, he absorbed every word. Birds had never been his favorite, but he felt a rush of excitement at the thought of catching one of the feathery creatures. As Foxspirit crept towards the thrush, Flurrypaw couldn't stop his tail from twitching. While he didn't know if the thrush heard it or not, Flurrypaw's fur turned hot with embarrassment. Maybe Foxspirit didn't notice?

But Flurrypaw had to learn from his mistake. Even the slightest whisker out of line had the possibility of turning awry. "Yeah, I'll try," he mumbled. The tom lifted his head to taste the air. He could smell something, but he didn't know what. Flurrypaw matched Foxspirit's crouch, barely off the ground, tail still. Creeping towards the scent, he spotted a robin hopping and pecking. As it pulled a fat worm from the ground, Flurrypaw made his move.

The robin flew off as Flurrypaw leapt. Huffing with disappointment, he scaped the ground with his paw. He had gotten everything right! Then why did it fly off? Answering his question, the robin was intercepted mid-air by a large shadow. Squeaking with fear, Flurrypaw scurried back to Foxspirit and pressed up against her. An eagle! It landed on the ground, now-still robin under its sharp talons. But it saw bigger prey.

Last edited by Metzi on Wed 3 Jun 2020 - 9:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 9:26

The member 'Metzi' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 11:36

OOC: I just realized that I forgot one of the newest hunting rules. When you hunt, each time you try to catch something, it uses 3 SP (stamina points, I'll explain more about them below). Since I forgott to tell you about it, I'll just subtract the SP our cats lost from hunting from the stats below. We each tried to catch something twice, so that's 6 SP each.

IC: Foxspirit's eyes grew wide with panic as the eagle eyed Flurrypaw hungrily. While she had almost nothing to fear from the large bird, she new that it could carry her apprentice off with a single swoop. She looked back at her apprentice who was pressed up against her. "Wait here!" Foxspirit said before running at the bird. As it tried to rise into the air, she reared up on her hind legs and used her claws to claw it back towards the ground.

Foxspirit used Rear-up to slash, dealing 13 damage and using 15-5 stamina

Foxspirit:
60/60 HP
184/200 SP (-10)

Flurrypaw:
20/20 HP
74/80 SP

Eagle:
47/60 HP (-13)
200/200 SP

OOC: Okay, I guess it's time for you to learn the battle system! (Rules and moves here: https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t183-battle-system-rules) When you post, you pick a battle move from the list. However, you can only do the ones you have learned. So, If it says "Apprentice" next to it, you can do it. You can also do moves you've already learned, like a warrior can still do apprentice moves. How much damage you do is on the table under the moves table. As you go up in ranks, (Rank system found here: https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t182-rank-system), you do more damage. You keep track of your stats, (How much HP and SP you have left), every time you attack. (That's what I did)

HP is your hit points. You defeat a cat when all of their HP is gone. The higher your rank, the more HP you have. Once your HP is gone, it does not mean you are dead. Another roll player cannot kill your cat without your consent. When your HP is gone you can no longer fight.

SP is your stamina points. How much energy you have left. Every attack uses a different amount of SP. (It says how much SP in the third column of the first table) Once your SP is gone, you can no longer attack. SP cost is reduced by 5 when protecting a kit, and apprentice, or your mate.

You may notice that some moves are pink, those are the ones that have special effects. Some examples are pinning and stunning. When you are stunned or pinned, you can't attack for as many turns the move says. A lot of these moves, like "Leap-and-hold" require you to use the "effect dice". They are located in the same place as the hunting dice. That tells you how long your opponent is stunned/pinned. Some special effect moves let you dodge you opponent. You also have to roll the dice for theses moves, to see if you successfully dodge them or not. You can only use special effect moves once against each opponent.

Some moves have special effects or requirements for you to use them. These are found in the fourth column of the first table. For example, the move Run-and-tackle will do 3+ damage on an opponent not focused on you. (If they are focused on you, it just does normal damage) Or  the move Duck-and-twist, which cancels the effect of Leap-and-Hold and Teeth Grip.

predators do not use the same moves that cats do. They have there own moves, which can be found ether on the predator list, ( https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t40014-predator-list) or the bottom of the battle rules. When a predator is summoned by a rolled 10, the person who rolled the 10 usually rollplay's it, but since your new, I can control it if you want. The predator can run off when it's HP goes down to half of what it was originally. (i.e., when a 60 HP eagle reaches 30 HP)

Back to top Go down
leeeonard

leeeonard

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 12:03

Flurrypaw gave a tight nod as Foxspirit rushed the eagle, clinging to the ground. He trembled, heart racing and overwhelmed with terror. Even his mentor clawing down the giant bird did little to calm him. A few feathers, torn out by her claws, drifted to the ground. The eagle's talons glinted in the sunlight, looking dangerously sharp. Sharp enough to hurt Foxspirit. So Flurrypaw couldn't sit by and watch his mentor he hurt or killed. I'll bring it back to show Clearpaw and Sweetpaw! He thought to comfort himself. The small apprentice swallowed his fear the best he could and sprinted towards it.

Once he got close, Flurrypaw unsheathed his claws and brought his forepaw down hard on the eagle's wing.

Flurrypaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina

Foxspirit:
60/60 HP
184/200 SP

Flurrypaw:
20/20 HP
64/80 SP (-10)

Eagle:
41/60 HP (-6)
200/200 SP

Ooc: Could you control it? So I could see how it goes for my first time, then do it myself in the future
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptySat 20 Jun 2020 - 18:05

The eagle had been prowling the sky and doing his usual hunting when the cats had showed up. The bird in his claws seemed meager compared to the larger young cat that he saw. But he didn't take into consideration the larger cat that accompanied it. The she-cat attacked him, and the younger one joined in. He squawked angerly and flew up some distance before swooping down and raking his claws on the older cats face.

The eagle used Talon Strike, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina

Foxspirit:
50/60 HP (-10)
184/200 SP

Flurrypaw:
20/20 HP
64/80 SP

Eagle:
41/60 HP
190/200 SP (-10)

Foxspirit looked over at her apprentice as he joined the fight. What was he thinking? Then she remembered how she had been in her time as an apprentice. She wouldn't have been able to stand by while someone protected her. But the eagle had used her momentary advantage to it's advantage, clawing at her face. She hissed in pain, flinching away momentarily. Foxspirit reared up on her hind legs to reach the eagle while she pummeled it repeatedly with both her paws. She was not going to let it get away!

Foxspirit used Upright Front Paws, dealing 12 damage and costing 20-5 stamina

Foxspirit:
50/60 HP
169/200 SP (-15)

Flurrypaw:
20/20 HP
64/80 SP

Eagle:
29/60 HP (-12)
190/200 SP

OOC: Do you want to have the eagle run away next turn, or should we kill it?

Back to top Go down
leeeonard

leeeonard

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptySun 21 Jun 2020 - 9:45

Flurrypaw flinched when the eagle's talons tore at Foxspirit's face. For a moment he considered turning and fleeing, the eagle seeming so much bigger up close, but he had to stay. He would help his mentor the best he could. When she struck the eagle in a counter, Flurrypaw made his move. He scurried back a few fox-lengths, took a deep breath, and hurtled himself at the eagle.

Flurrypaw used Run-and-Tackle, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina

Foxspirit:
50/60 HP
169/200 SP

Flurrypaw:
20/20 HP
54/60 SP (-10)

Eagle:
23/60 HP (-6)
190/200 SP

Ooc: Yeah, I think that would be a good idea
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020 - 10:34

The Eagle screeched in fury as the cats continued to attack it. They hit him with blow after blow, and attacking the older one had done nothing. So the eagle turned to the smaller cat, scraping his talons across it's face.

Eagle used Talon Strike on Flurrypaw, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina

Foxspirit:
50/60 HP
169/200 SP

Flurrypaw:
10/20 HP (-10)
54/60 SP

Eagle:
23/60 HP
180/200 SP (-10)

Foxspirit braced herself for another attack by the eagle, but it went for Flurrypaw instead. "GET AWAY FROM MY APPRENTICE!" She hissed loudly before jumping at the eagle. She reared up on her hind legs, grabbed the eagles head, and smashed it into the ground. The eagle flapped awkwardly into the sky, dizzy from the blow.

Foxspirit used Upright Lock on Eagle, dealing 14 damage and costing 25-5 stamina

Foxspirit:
50/60 HP
149/200 SP (-20)

Flurrypaw:
10/20 HP
54/60 SP

Eagle:
9/60 HP (-14)
180/200 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Time to Train! [Closed]   It's Time to Train! [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Time to Train! [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next