Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Characters : (S)Spotlake (Q) Quaildock/Daris (QT) Quietstep/Herbo Deliah (SO) SoftkitDead/inactive: Lola, Deerfrost, Hoosier, Snowmud, Nightwolf
Clan/Rank : WC tier 5 warrior, TC tier 2 warrior, SKC Tier 1 warrior
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1411

All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) Empty
PostSubject: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 12:37

Nightwolf looked behind him to see if his apprentice was following. He had promised Shrikepaw that he would train him today and he figured they could go to sunningrocks. Nightwolf himself had never been to Sunningrocks that much but maybe it would be a good place to learn to catch some prey and battle train. "Ok we're here!" He called back to Shrikepaw. "So do you wanna cross the river to the the rocks since Riverclan owns them or do you wanna stay on this side?" He asked.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 10:19

The world was still smeared around the edges during their walk through his tired eyes. It was dawn. The sky was blossoming with colors. Although a soft breeze tugged their fur, it was still humid. Normal weather for the young apprentice. In any other time where it was not so hot, dawn would be cooler. Shrikepaw was glad Nightwolf understood the importance of starting training early. Flashpaw was days ahead in her training and he yearned to catch up. From what he'd gleaned as a kit, Nightwolf was relaxed, loose, and endlessly optimistic. The apprentice's thought train was broken with words from his mentor. He allowed his bright eyes to observe Sunningrocks, trying to commit everything to memory. Shrikepaw reclined onto his haunches and looked at Nightwolf. "Are we touring the territory or not?" Annoyance clung to the edge of his tone. "Yeah. I do. What's the point in coming out here, just to not go on the rocks anyway?" Ignoring any response his mentor might make, the ghost tabby scampered forwards, scents mixing in his nose. He touched a rock with his paw and drew back. It was surprisingly hot. Shrikepaw leapt onto a particularly large one and sat down, gazing at what he assumed was ThunderClan territory. Every kit knew that they often battled with the forest-dwellers over these rocks. Not like they have any use for them, they're just greedy mouse-eaters. "That thick, forest-y scent, is ThunderClan, right? And are we allied with them or are they mad that we have the rocks?"
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Characters : (S)Spotlake (Q) Quaildock/Daris (QT) Quietstep/Herbo Deliah (SO) SoftkitDead/inactive: Lola, Deerfrost, Hoosier, Snowmud, Nightwolf
Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 11:06

Nightwolf watched as Shrikepaw crossed the river. Quickly as to try to avoid getting wet, Nightwolf swam after him and got up onto one of the rocks. "Yup the forest scent is Thunderclan! And I don't know if Thunderclan is mad over these rocks since I don't remember the last we fought over them. Their have been smaller skirmishs between one or two cats but thats it." Nightwolf mewed, stretching himself out onto the rock.

"As for touring the territory its pretty easy to know where Riverclan territory is. Windclan smells like air and stuff, Thunderclan and Skyclan smell like trees and stuff. And twoleg territory smells like rouges and stuff." Nightwolf said. "If you know the scents then you know which territory belongs to who." Nightwolf got up onto his paw and turned his neck to Shrikepaw. "Ok lets see you hunt!"

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 12:11

Shrikepaw turned around as Nightwolf swam in the river towards him. A pang of envy hit him. He’d done swimming in the shallows as a kit - everyone had - but swimming against the strong pull of the river (current, he’d learned from Wisteriabloom) was not an instinctive skill. But that was what training was for. The shorthaired apprentice half smiled when his prediction of ThunderClan had been deemed correct. Shrikepaw watched as Nightwolf spread himself out on the rock. He wasn’t going to do the same. ThunderClan could be watching them!

Shrikepaw nodded slowly. “Wait... So if SkyClan and ThunderClan smell like trees, how do we tell them apart? Oh, and can we tour the territory after we train?” The ghost tabby’s ears perked up confidently as Nightwolf instructed him how to hunt. “Wisteriapaw - Wisteriabloom, now, taught me how to hunt...” He shuffled towards the river Nightwolf had just swam through. “I was thinking about it a few days ago and it didn’t make that much sense. She said to dip your paw in and wait for fish to swim by, but wouldn’t they just see my paw and swim away?” He held up a black paw. “It doesn’t blend into the river. I was thinking, can’t you just dab your paw in really suddenly? Like, swipe a fish up onto the ground?” He shrugged. His tail twitched once nervously. “Maybe you should just tell me how to do it first... don’t wanna mess up in front of you.” He mumbled the last part quietly, as an afterthought. First impressions were serious!
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 12:34

Nightwolf turned his head to the river. "Well I think Skyclan would have stronger legs since they climb trees a lot and Thunderclan would be more buff." He said to the ghost tabby. "Also if you try dipping your paw in to the water I think the fish would just think its another rock if you hold it very still." Nightwolf turned his head to Shrikepaw. "Do you want to try it or do you want to see me try first?"

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 13:23

“Aren’t all the fish dead anyway?” Shrikepaw peered at the water. For whatever reason there had been a few fish in a shallow stream in camp, when he’d been hunting with Wisteriabloom. But there was a drought, and he couldn’t see any fish in this shallow river. “I can’t see any here, but if you want me to stick my paw in the river then yes, I can do that.” He dangled his body over the shallow river and held it still. No fish swam by. The tomcat sighed and looked at Nightwolf expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 14:09

"I know its hard to wait but eventully a fish will swim by. Riverclan cats are known for patience. Maybe go to one of the spots of the river that are shaded by trees." Said Nightwolf, walking over to the shade that was brought from the leaves of an oak tree, before turning his head back towards Shrikepaw.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 8:23

"Yeah, maybe in a few moons. Did you forget about the drought? This is barely a creek, much less a river!" Shrikepaw spluttered with annoyance but eventually just let out a loud sigh and stalked to the edge of the river. He followed Nightwolf just to the edge of the tree and plunked out a paw in an exaggerated motion. "You do it. Then maybe you'll actually see that there are no fish in this stupid river." The ghost tabby dropped his tail into the water and flicked it upwards. Silver water leapt up in an arc around him. "Aren't I supposed to learn how to hunt on land?"
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 13:31

"I'll teach you to hunt on land soon but first I gotta catch a fish." Said Nightwolf, dipping his paw into the water. After waiting for quite a bit a fish started swiming towards him. As soon as it was close enough Nightwolf swiped it with his paw right into his mouth. Nightwolf turned his head towards Shrikepaw and smiled. "Hey look I caught a fish!" Nightwolf said happily.

Last edited by Hitsjolly on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 13:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15087

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 13:31

The member 'Hitsjolly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) Mistpe10
All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptySat 19 Sep 2020 - 20:34

“What?” Shrikepaw was gaping at his mentor. His fur fluffed up as he made a halfhearted attempt to lay it flat. “I see how it is. I don’t see a single fish, and you catch one when you try. It’s a drought, so why are you trying to teach me how to fish when the river’s so low? Just teach me how to hunt on land.” It came out nicer than he had intended. What Shrikepaw wanted to do was yell are you mentally retarded? It’s a drought and I have to learn how to fish? And you just tell me to stick my paw in the water and nothing else? What in StarClan’s name? I thought Ivystar trained you. Maybe you can catch prey but you sure can’t teach an apprentice.

He just fumed silently, glaring at Nightwolf. I’m going to go teach myself how to hunt and fight at this point.
Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 8:05

Nightwolf's ears flopped down. "Well you said that I should try catching a fish myself." Nightwolf said ducking his head down. "Well if you want to try to so much, here let me show the proper stance for hunting on land." Nightwolf said crouching down into a hunting crouch. "Keep in mind this stance can also be used for fighting and catching fish, so um maybe I should've showed this one first. Oops."

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) EmptyTue 22 Sep 2020 - 7:49

"Yeah, 'cause I wanted to prove my point. I didn't think you could actually catch one because I didn't see any fish. At all." He straightened up, looking more eager for the first time during the session, as Nightwolf finally mentioned hunting on land. Shrikepaw's ears fell flat again as Nightwolf muttered about this being able to catch fish. Anger warred with curiosity as he tried to figure out what to feel. Curiosity won, if only from his composure. "So show me how to use it. You can't easily stick your paw in the water like that." He crouched down in a mirror image of Nightwolf's body. The position felt forced and unnatural. His haunches started to hurt after a moment, and he straightened up. No prey and I've been here for a while. This is stupid. My mentor is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)   All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw) Empty

Back to top Go down

All right time to train (Closed for Shrikepaw)
Page 1 of 1