Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]

Go down 
+11
Ash
rinklet 2
Chickenwing
Ripped
RoawImKoatt
lemon
Falcarolwing
rhindon
Mosspelt
sumashira
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rinklet 2

rinklet 2

Characters : {F}oxpaw, {M}oss, {Q}uailkit
Clan/Rank : [F] Skyclan App, [M] Rouge, [Q] Windclan Apprentice
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 340

Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2019 - 19:18

Sunpaw narrowed her eyes in disgust. ”Wait. Shadowclan and Windclan eats these, not when they don’t have fresh kill?” She whispered, her voice getting a bit louder. ”We can share from fresh kill later.” She decided out loud and smiled at him.

Sunpaw lowered herself down to meet the dead bug. She shifted closer so it was just beyond reach of her nose. With her little pink tongue she licked it and it stuck. She pulled her tongue back into her mouth and turned to Lightstep with a satisfying crunch. She chewed slowly but eventually swallowed it. ”Not the best..

sunpaws head flicked up at Amberdawns announcement. She shook her head with a hiss. ”Do you expect me to get up and make this journey?! Not all cats are fit enough! We are still recovering!” She shouted, angry that she had to move again.

SkC Apprentice[]TC Apprentice

Last edited by Saint on Sat 13 Apr 2019 - 8:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Characters : [C]opperheart
Clan/Rank : [C] ThunderClan Warrior
Number of posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2019 - 20:17

When the golden she-cat spoke of traveling back to the territories, Copperheart was unsure of her words. Uneasiness stirred deep within him, causing his dark reddish-brown ears to bend back and his yellow eyes to peer, his expression dissolving into an unsteady frown. He would have been more than glad to go back to his home, the place where Leopardstar so graciously accepted him and his siblings as one of them, as a Clanmate, but right now he wasn't so sure. A fear that once lingered in the back of his mind started to poke and prod at his sanity once more, the fear that his family was somewhere out there, dead or alive. 

Suddenly, a realization hit him- if his family was somewhere near the area he currently resided in, they would have seen the sparks that flew in the sky only a few days prior and would have most likely followed it to come to the make-do Gathering. That meant his family was somewhere else, and most likely safe...

or it meant that they were here and dead, or somewhere even farther down and dead.

The ginger tabby's fur spiked up, his whole body now trembling and shaking with the immense fear that rumbled his bones. His golden eyes started to water, a few teardrops making their way across the surface of his cheeks. He didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to believe that what he just thought was a possibility. 

Copperheart took a deep breath, letting out a long, breathy sigh in a short attempt to comfort his selfish worries. He thought long and hard before residing with the choice that he would go with the majority on the decision of whether they should go back to the territories or not. Whatever it was going to be. He just didn't want to be alone again.

| Copperheart |
| Tom |
| ThunderClan T2 Warrior |
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2019 - 22:19

Ravenpaw had washed ashore some days after the initial gathering; though he’d figured out by now that cats from across the Clans had found themselves here, seeing so many stream into the meetingplace at once was a bit shocking. More shocking was the number that flocked to sit by Mosspaw. Before he knew it, he was surrounded by strangers. Now that he wasn’t the center of attention, it was comforting to have so many cats around him, unfamiliar though they were. Despite the growing tension in the air—two cats Ravenpaw didn’t recognize were having a brief disagreement that Ravenpaw, occupied with the process of waking up, had missed at least half of—and the fact that he was undeniably out of place in this little group, part of him couldn’t help but relax. If a meeting hadn’t been looming in the near future, he would’ve set about introducing himself to all of them on the off chance that Amberdawn or Flintfang (those were the names Mosspaw had mentioned, weren’t they?) was within earshot.

Mosspaw departed to follow another stranger—Leafpaw, apparently. Another apprentice! Why would she sit alone when there were all these other cats around? Though he hadn’t been charged with keeping a space open for Leafpaw, Ravenpaw locked eyes with the empty patch of ground as if his gaze alone was stopping a cat from materializing in that very spot. He’d meant to be vigilant, but as Mosspaw and Leafpaw talked, it wasn’t long before the WindClan apprentice’s attention began to wander along the rest of those gathered. The more he looked, the more he realized how lucky he’d been; many of them were wounded in ways that made Ravenpaw’s own limbs ache in sympathy, and even the relatively uninjured cats looked twice as exhausted as he felt. The weight of their lost Clanmates was made all the more palpable by their absence here. With a shake of his head, he tore himself out of those thoughts before they could begin to fester—the she-cat who’d called the meeting was speaking.

The time has come for us to return home, she said, and Ravenpaw’s heart leapt.

Conscious of the meeting’s solemn atmosphere, he silenced the cheer in his throat, but he couldn’t quite stifle a relieved whisper: Finally.” Not once did it occur to him that there was probably a discussion to be had about this. In his inexperienced eyes, it was an easy decision, maybe the easiest they’d had to make since arriving here; if StarClan said the ground had dried, then the ground had dried, and if the ground was dry, there was no reason to stay on this shore any longer. He wanted to see the moor, wanted to feel wind in his pelt instead of stinky, cloying mud, wanted unshakeable ground beneath his paws. He wanted to taste rabbit again, to catch rabbit if he was lucky. He wanted to go home, no matter who or what he had to follow to get there, and no one living or dead would talk him out of it.

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1304

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 7:58

Flintfang settled by Mosspaw and Falconwing, eyes darting between the rows of gathering cats. Is Lilypaw in there somewhere? The she-cat would be fine, he told himself. She was amongst rows of battle-trained warriors, it was highly unlikely another beast would come and scar her just as it did Mosspaw. Speaking of Mosspaw, the young calico apprentice was padding away from her parents, weaving her way through the crowds to the flank of a brown tabby. Flintfang couldn't make out any words spoken, but figured it must be a friend of hers.

More cats filed into the clearing, some with bedraggled, tired demeanors, and others filled with curiosity. A RiverClan warrior spoke above the rest, protesting the medicine cat atop the twoleg nest. Flintfang flicked his ear at her comments, wondering perhaps, if he should feel the same. A familiar voice thundered above the noise, asking for respect. That must be Burntstag... The gray tabby thought, peering above the cats to catch sight of the tri-colored figure. He was honorable, yet cunning, unafraid to speak his mind. While Flintfang had made considerable progress in that direction, he still had a ways to go.

Amberdawn raised her voice to speak moments later, bringing good news to the cats of the hollow. Home... we're going home? Flintfang narrowed his green eyes at the prospect of it. StarClan had decided it was time. But, from past experiences, Flintfang knew that StarClan gave no thought to the lives in the forest. They simply toyed with the cats, giving them silly messages and prophecies, unable to even save a single life. But the news of home was welcome, even if it was from their starry ancestors. Flintfang knew the journey home would be hard, in fact, they didn't even know where "home" was. What would the young warrior do once he returned? Fall back in line with ThunderClan's rules and regulations? The gray tabby had made ties here that could possibly be severed if they fell back into the ways of the code. The borders would separate friends once again. Flintfang didn't know if he could stand it.

The clearing was filled with cats now, some shuffled next to Leafpaw, not paying her any attention. The she-cat opened her maw to speak to one of them, when another cat would barge in. Words flew over the clearing, different conversations took place. Swanpaw could be seen in the distance, the brown tabby's ears darted from side to side, when a familiar voice reached her. Mosspaw! With a smile, Leafpaw noticed the figure of her friend, Mosspaw, picking her way through the crowd. Her voice was kind and welcoming, the solid traits of a friend. Leafpaw's grin grew wider, and she realized she was incredibly grateful for the calico's presence. "I'd love to come sit with you!" She mewed, finding her paws quickly. As the two padded through the throng of cats, her curiosity only grew. "I can't wait to meet Ravenpaw! I've never meant a WindClan cat before, er, well... never spoken to one that is." She remembered her first -and only- gathering back at Fourtress, remembered watching the lithe figures of the moor cats weave between the oaks. At the thought of Fourtrees, Leafpaw felt a pang in her heart. How she longed to return home, to feel the grass under her paws, to climb high in a tree and watch the land below.

But it was easy to distract herself with friends. She continued padding after Mosspaw, pushing the thoughts away. They emerged to find three figures. One, a solid gray tabby with fresh scars down his back. Two, a smaller brown tabby with soft yellow eyes. And three, a long-furred black tom, smaller then the two formers. "That's Ravenpaw?" Leafpaw whispered to Mosspaw, guessing from his pelt. "And who are those two warriors? Wasn't the gray one with you when you..." got hurt? Leafpaw stopped herself before speaking the words. She wondered if bringing up Mosspaw's wound would make the calico sad. She definitely didn't want to put a damper on her friend's spirits. They found seating next to the three cats. She felt much less lonely now in the company of her friends. Leafpaw gazed up at Amberdawn with pride in her eyes, thinking of just how amazing the golden tabby was. The brown tabby wondered if she herself would ever have enough courage to speak to all five clans in such a manner. Probably not, silly! Leafpaw snorted, grinning. Amberdawn is just super brave!

Amberdawn's next words were ones that stirred at Leafpaw's heart. "We're going home!" She audibly squeaked, wincing as her voice rang through the clearing. Thank StarClan! Home! The apprentice kneaded the ground with excited paws, thinking of how she'd be able to see her family again. Tigerleaf, Foxpaw. Even her mentor and leader, Tinystar. Oh and the trees! How Leafpaw longed to gaze upon the tall trees again. A wide grin graced the brown tabby's face, this was the best news StarClan could have given them. And I'll be sure SkyClan gets home safely! I won't let you down, ancestors!

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 18:35

Off a bit to the side of the main crowd, Night and Fernpetal sat down to listen to Amberdawn's announcement, both of their ears pricking up as she spoke of a message from StarClan; while Night remained attentive as the young medicine cat spoke, Fernpetal couldn't help but roll her eyes, releasing a dismissing hiss as she bent to lick a forepaw.  His green eyes trailing down to his doubtful friend, the exiled black-pelted tom considered this news carefully.  Going home...  It's a doable mission, definitely.  In such a large group with relative peace, they should be able to defend and sustain themselves just fine, just like the Tribe did.  Still...  The tom felt his brow wrinkle as the true reality of such a journey came back to him in full.  The treacherous environments, many predators, facing the unknown with every step...it was not for the weak-hearted.  Or weak-bodied.  Looking down for a moment, he nodded to himself, as if confirming his intentions, before standing up to the surprise of Fernpetal, who jerked up from her grooming with a small mrrow.  He still wasn't used to being in such a large group again yet, but he felt his input could be valuable.  Even if he himself wouldn't benefit from it...

"I agree with Amberdawn, the Clans are ready to make their journey home.  Even so, do not underestimate the risk of traveling in unknown territory.  We may have gotten a quick ride down here, but getting back will be much, much harder."  Moving his gaze from the crowd to his former clanmate, the tom's eyes grew much more serious.  "As the last remaining Tribe cat left with the Clans, I have made such a journey in my life.  It was treacherous and filled with hardship and heartbreak...but if you'll allow me, I can share what I have learned from that voyage with you, so that you may avoid some of the same mistakes."

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 22:06

Heronflight just came back from a hunting patrol with Badgerpaw when he heard the announcement being called.  He didn’t know what was happening, but he knew that any announcement at this time was crucial to hear.  Dropping the vole in the almost empty fresh-kill pile, he watched Amberdawn call out their next plan of action.  Home.  We’re going back to the clans.  The gray tabby knew that RiverClan, and for that matter all of the clans, belonged in the forest.  We have to stay together no matter what, he thought in response to Amberdawn’s announcement.  Only then will we survive.

~

Badgerpaw padded into the Gathering, carrying no prey in her jaws.  She was too busy fighting with herself to concentrate enough to catch anything.  You are strong, Badgerpaw.  You can save the clans by yourself.  Still, she replied defiantly, the clans would be better off without me, or more accurately without you.
You don’t know your potential.
My potential is to become a serial killer.  I won’t let myself become that.
You little brat.  I should kill you here and now.
If you kill me, you kill yourself.  And I get what I wanted anyways.
You are too weak to be - me.  During the mental battle, Badgerpaw’s legs buckled under the stress she was enduring.  Eventually, the evil side of her won.  ”I am Badgerpaw,” she whispered underneath her breath.  ”Nobody escapes the wrath of Badgerpaw.”

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 Image10
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2019 - 11:25

Mosspaw purred at Leafpaw's ready agreement, and they weaved through the crowd together before settling back in next to her parents and Ravenpaw. She nodded at Leafpaw's question and whispered back. "Yep! That's Ravenpaw. The she-cat is Falconwing, my mother, and that's Flintfang, my father. He was with me when we got attacked." Her tail flicked towards Flintfang as she introduced him, smiling at the tom. As they settled in, she quickly introduced them all to Leafpaw. "This is Leafpaw, she's from SkyClan. We went on a herb hunting trip with Amberdawn after the... Gathering, thing." Just then, Amberdawn spoke, and excitement gleamed in the calico apprentice's eyes, which mirrored Leafpaw's. She smiled and brushed against both Ravenpaw and Leafpaw, sharing in their excitement and readiness to return home.

A voice she recognized as Sunpaw's cut through her excitement, and she couldn't help but wince. The journey would be very difficult for the cats who's injuries hadn't healed fully yet... But StarClan had spoken through Amberdawn and she was prepared to follow where she led. As a new cat, who called himself a Tribe cat, whatever that was, spoke up, her resolve strengthened and she nodded to Amberdawn. "We may still be recovering, but if StarClan has spoken we must follow. We will have to help each other along the way, as we already have. I'd rather get started on the way home on our own terms than be discovered by the twolegs that seem to be returning nearby and forced out without time to prepare. I will follow Amberdawn, she saved my life and would not lead us astray." She sat tall with confidence, even as her tail tip twitched nervously at speaking out, but smiled up at the medicine cat that had befriended her.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2019 - 11:43

Silentwhisper had stood near the back of the assembling cats. He watched and listened. The tom's brow wrinkled as he began to think of Amberdawn's words. Were they actually ready to head home? He let her words sink into his anxious mind. A small smile crept up onto his face as he nodded to himself. Together, they would all be able to return home. They'd be safe. Silentwhisper looked around for Fernpetal until he spotted her not too far from him sitting with Night. He made his way over to them. He politely greeted them and sat next to Fernpetal. He wondered what she thought of this.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2019 - 15:35

The SkyClan medicine cat's dark amber gaze flickered from face to face. Some of the expressions she saw only served to amplify her uncertainty and hesitation. A brilliantly ginger ThunderClan tom looked uncertain and then practically on the verge of tears; Flintfang, Mosspaw's father, stayed silent, his eyes growing distant with thought; Fernpetal, as always, rolling her eyes and hissing with annoyance at having to hear such things; Sunpaw of RiverClan - the one who had been paralyzed at the beginning of the flood - was distressed enough to yowl angrily, "Do you expect me to get up and make this journey?! Not all cats are fit enough! We are still recovering!"

"I-I know," Amberdawn replied apprehensively, her mind immediately recalling when she had suggested to Scorchstar - in front of all the Clans - that they stay in this place. Strange as it was, it seemed safer than the unknown forest at the time. Amberdawn herself had said they needed to rest and recover. "But... so much time has passed since we arrived at the lake... I have done what I can to heal the wounds here. Only time can do the rest, and I'm not certain how much time we have left at this twoleg nest."

Though Amberdawn hadn't noticed them at first, wrapped as she was in her anxieties and fear of being in charge, slowly the she-cat began to noticed all those cheering emphatically or nodding their support of her. Leafpaw was first to squeak with kittish excitement, "We're going home!" Amberdawn looked with a grateful smile at her long-furred dark tabby friend, seated beside Mosspaw and a WindClan apprentice whose name she didn't know. The small dark WindClan cat looked eager, his eyes shining at the thought of seeing his home.

A soothing but strong voice spoke up from one side of the crowd and Amberdawn immediately recognized Night, who she had been fortunate enough to have... well, run into only a day or so before. For a moment Amberdawn was surprised to hear the exiled SkyClan cat speak and make his presence known so soon after his return to the Clans, but she remembered how few cats truly knew who Night was or that he had been exiled from the Clan he'd left his Tribe for. He warned of traveling in unknown territory and Amberdawn wondered if, despite how he had stated they should return home, he might still try to convince them otherwise. After all, what did it mean for Night when SkyClan and all the others had settled in their homes once more?

When the tom's sharp eyes met Amberdawn's she stared back curiously, listening to his wisdom along with the gathered crowd. "As the last remaining Tribe cat left with the Clans, I have made such a journey in my life.  It was treacherous and filled with hardship and heartbreak...but if you'll allow me, I can share what I have learned from that voyage with you, so that you may avoid some of the same mistakes." Amberdawn's dark eyes softened and she nodded, taking a breath to respond.

However, Mosspaw's voice called first, her face lit with determination as she stated, "We may still be recovering, but if StarClan has spoken we must follow." Amberdawn nodded shortly with agreement, grateful for the vote of confidence there. "We will have to help each other along the way, as we already have. I'd rather get started on the way home on our own terms than be discovered by the twolegs that seem to be returning nearby and forced out without time to prepare." Amberdawn's face darkened with worry; although it wasn't the first time she'd considered it, the fact was that the sounds and signs of twolegs had been drifting closer for days now. It was only a matter of time before they were found.

"I will follow Amberdawn, she saved my life and would not lead us astray," Mosspaw concluded, casting her gaze to Amberdawn. Amberdawn's eyes shimmered with emotion, touched by her friend's loyalty. I would have done it for anyone, Amberdawn though, but I'm especially glad I did it for you.

Barleytuft, when he heard Graybriar stirring and moving to follow him, slowed his pace measurably; however, he didn't stop. Now that all the Clans were stirring he needed to ensure they had found a good spot for the both of them. Besides that, he knew how restless and likely guilty the silver tabby felt. When they had first confessed their feelings to each other, she had expressed her guilt at being injured and unable to do her duties. Now in the midst of a great unknown world was a more painful time to be immobile and able to do nothing. She could walk a few fox-lengths to see a Gathering, and he would ensure she had a comfortable spot to lay and recover from her journey with.

The slender WindClan tom found a springy spot of grass and looked to his mate who was really not too far behind. Barleytuft greeted her with a proud, affectionate smile and gave her room to settle and adjust before leaning so his pelt brushed hers, offering whatever support she might want or need to be able to view the meeting.

Amberdawn of SkyClan shared that she had learned from StarClan during a dream that night. Barleytuft, having always been a strong believer, felt himself immediately sit upright, attention fully focused on her. The thought of returning home made Barleytuft excited, and then anxious, and then a whole mix of emotions that he struggled to fully discern during the ongoing discussion. The golden tabby on the twoleg shed continued by gesturing with her tail up the lake and away from the twolegplace they had discovered. Barleytuft's dark hazel gaze flickered to follow it for a moment before returning to Amberdawn who concluded that she believed the time had come to return.

One voice in particular spoke in angry disapproval. The WindClan warrior saw some Clan cats exchange uncertain glances. Barleytuft himself looked at Graybriar. "It will be such a long journey..." he murmured uneasily ro her as he eyed the cats voicing their opinions on Amberdawn's announcement. Many of the younger cats seemed enthusiastic, but most of the older warriors or the injured cats seemed hesitant at best. The sandy tabby tom knew Graybriar's leg injury would make traveling slow, likely even painful. Barleytuft wondered if it would ever heal but tried to remind himself that he would be there to lend a paw every step of the way. He wondered what his mate felt; she had faith in StarClan, but she was one of the injured. Did she agree that now was the time to travel?

Really, Lightstep felt he shouldn't have been surprised when his niece decided to try to chomp on the beetle anyways. He was distracted from everyone by the gentle crunching of beetle and looked to Sunpaw as her face crinkled, and after she swallowed she mumbled, "Not the best..." Lightstep let out a short purr and replied, "Guess you must not be WindClan or ShadowClan," he suggested with a light chuckle.

When Amberdawn stated that it was time to come home, Sunpaw reacted fiercely, and Lightstep was surprised by that as well. He felt he shouldn't have been. After all, Sunpaw hated being carried, but how else could she possibly make the long trek home? A strange tom by the name of Night announced his knowledge of such journeys and offered to help. Lightstep just touched his tail to Sunpaw's shoulder and murmured, "I'll make sure you get home, no matter what." His weary yellow eyes held a spark of joy as he suggested, "Don't you want to go find our family? Eat good fish again? I miss the beech trees..."

The white tom raised his head and announced with unfounded confidence, "We are not helpless and tired as we were a quarter moon ago... We don't need to stay here anymore. We're warriors, and Clan cats. Our place is in the forest. We must return and maybe we'll find more of our families." Lightstep had no choice but to think about what little family really mattered to Sunpaw by now. She was one of the most important now. She depended on him, and he would do everything in his power to get her home safely.

A few more voices spoke their assent to Amberdawn's words. The young golden tabby continued to stand somewhat uncomfortably above all the others, grateful that so many were supporting her but wishing that she could say or do more to comfort those who were feeling uncertain about the choice to return home. It would be a painfully long journey, most likely, and who knew exactly what they would return to? Certainly every Clan's camp would've been nearly swept away. StarClan had said it was ready for the Clans to return, though, and so they must. She cleared her throat and declared, "Whether by StarClan's will or our own desire, the Clans belong in the forest. We can rest and prepare for three days, but that's all; we're in danger the longer we stay here. We must return home before the twolegs begin to resettle in this area and risk scattering us and keeping us from our home forever."

Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 17:41

Night nodded his agreement as Amberdawn made her final statement, bowing his head humbly as he moved to sit back down beside Fernpetal, who still seemed a bit irritated.  Eyes widening, the wise tom was about to open his mouth to speak, before noticing that the young tom Silentwhisper had settled down on the she-cat's other side, gazing as her in a concerned sort of way.  His expression quickly transforming into a knowing smile, the lanky black exile stood up and padded over to where Amberdawn was, preparing to fulfill his promise of hopefully useful advice.

Jeez...can these cats get any dumber?  Fernpetal could feel blood rush in her ears as Amberdawn concluded her speech and despite her anger, she knew that at this point it wasn't really warranted.  She had known ever since she and Silentwhisper had arrived back with the Clans that within a short matter of time they would be homeward bound, it was a simple fact, but while going home back to her familiar territory was greatly appealing, having to travel back there with SkyClan made her teeth grind to the point where she wished they could just stay behind.  She knew that, if she decided to be stubborn, Silentwhisper would stay by her side, and that reassurance made her heart swell; but what about Night?  As her friend walked away, she felt a twinge deep within her stomach.  Even if they went home, her friend would not be able to settle back down in camp with her...heck, not even underneath the same trees!  Yet...he still wanted to help them return.  His selflessness almost made drops of moiseture prick within her green eyes, but rage overturned their influence.  Her claws sunk into the ground as she leaned against Silentwhisper's shoulder, not meeting her partner's gaze.  "...Home. If I can really call it that...I wonder if the camp will still be there?  If anything will be there..."  Her voice was low and uncertain as if she couldn't really reign in her confused thoughts, and her eyes closed as she allowed herself to relish the feeling of Silentwhisper's long tabby fur against her's.  She was just...confused and tired.  Maybe everything would look a bit better in the next few days.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]   Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guiding Lights Cast Deep Shadows [open; plot]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2