Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) Empty
PostSubject: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 13:47

Honeydrop was exhausted as ever. Since she'd given Littlebrook her kits, it had felt like her heart was torn out of her chest. Gingerkit, Firekit, and Sparkkit were the joy of her life. Her little kits, hers and Flamestrike's- but they weren't hers, really. They never would be. And that was what hurt the most. To keep from falling into a pit of self-pity and despair, the medicine cat sorted and collected and organized herbs. All through the day when she should have slept and well into the night. She took breaks only to relieve Thrushstripe's aching back with comfrey root, marigold and daisy leaf, and she took a leaf of parsley with every piece of fresh-kill she ate. Which wasn't much. If it wasn't for Roaringpaw, she may have stopped altogether and withered further away. But he didn't know that. And hopefully, the innocent apprentice never would. She had been putting more time into training him lately, trying to distract herself from the hollowness she felt inside. Today would be another regular training session. The ShadowClan medicine cat tried to hide her exhaustion as the tom came in for his daily training. "Good morning, Roaringpaw!" she meowed cheerfully, putting the same false brightness into her tone that she always did. Honeydrop felt the hollow cavern where her heart had been inside, resonating with emptiness. She ignored it. "Did you get that comfrey root I asked you for?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Wavedream623

Wavedream623

Characters : [B] Bluethorn (Willowflight), [Sh] Shade, [F] Fuzzykit
Clan/Rank : Skyclan Warrior, Rogue, Windclan Kit
Aquarius Tiger
Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 20:57

Roaringpaw padded into the medicine cat den holding a tangy black root gently between his teeth. The little tom was happy at Honeydrop's cheerful greeting, his mind dismissing the falseness of the expression in favor of continuing on normally. He'd probably just make it worse by bringing it up. After all, Roaringpaw had learned plenty from the last gathering-there's no need to be more selfish and razz his mentor.

The apprentice set the fat root down next to his mentor, jaw aching from keeping it still in a wide position for so long. "I think so! It's a black root, right?"

Bluethorn (color#0033cc)  Stoneheart (color#999999)  Roaringblaze (color#normalblack)  Shade (color#99cc99)  Fuzzykit (color#996633)
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 5:52

Honeydrop nodded, taking the root with her jaws and setting it between the collections of horsetail and tansy. "You may want to remember how it looks- comfrey root is a very useful plant." The effort to be cheerful and keep her face upturned in a smile was exhausting, but she kept it up. It wouldn't be fair to make my apprentice suffer for my incompetence. The golden medicine cat looked at all here other neatly organized herb piles. There was nothing left to collect that they could possibly get today- it was time to test the tom. She turned to his, amber eyes blinking. "Roaringpaw, can you tell me some of what comfrey root does?" They had gone over its uses a week ago, and she wanted to see how much he remembered. He was getting much closer to full medicine cat age, anyways.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Wavedream623

Wavedream623

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 14:09

Roaringpaw's face scrunched up in concentration as he tried to remember comfrey's purpose. After many moons of training, the little tom had a plethora of herb names and uses stuffed into his head. Hopefully, he could remember what was what. "Comfrey soothes stiff joints. And..." He frowned, trying to remember what else the thick root could be used for.

Bluethorn (color#0033cc)  Stoneheart (color#999999)  Roaringblaze (color#normalblack)  Shade (color#99cc99)  Fuzzykit (color#996633)
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 20:19

Honeydrop smiled. She remembered when she had been an apprentice, training with the grumpy but kind old Dawnflower. Sadness tinged her heart as she remembered that the elder had passed on to StarClan. She's watching over me now. Dawnflower, is Puddlepaw with you? She shook her head imperceptibly as though cleaning water from her ears. Back to training. "It heals b-b-broken bones as w-well," she reminded him gently. "Also t-treats wrenched claws a-and s-s-soothes wounds. It has m-many uses, and it's i-important to remember them a-a-all. Don't w-worry, it just t-takes time." She had said the same to Puddlepaw, once. A tiny drop of sadness gleamed in her amber eyes again, but she blinked it away. The golden dappled she-cat brushed past the large black root to another herb pile, this one full of small yellow flowers. She touched it lightly with a slim paw, the one that wasn't twisted. "D-Do you know wh-what this is called, R-R-Roaringpaw? A-And do you r-remember its use?" Celandine. Come on, apprentice, we went over this last moon.

OOC: Also crap i forgot she has a speech impediment gg me ;;

Back to top Go down
Wavedream623

Wavedream623

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 21:21

Roaringpaw blinked at the unfamiliar small flower, chest dropping at the sight of a plant he didn't even recognize. He didn't even have a clue. Frustration welled in his heart, feeling disappointed in how helplessly blank his memory was faced with that herb. 'I should know more,' Roaringpaw thought with guilt, self-deprecating. The tom wanted to stall for time, find something that would magically be the answer, but not even the first letter of the flower's name came to mind. He didn't reply, completely stuck as time to figure it out slipped through his paws.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) EmptyWed 7 Jun 2017 - 13:11

Honeydrop's heart dropped. We just went over this! She drew the flowers back with a golden dappled paw. "C-Celandine," she sighed, disappointed, trying her best not to snap. He should know this. "We j-just talked about it y-y-yesterday." Her tail flicked in annoyance behind her back. She grabbed a piece of honeycomb from a pile by the horsetail and blackberry leaves and pushed it towards him shortly. She had never been this absent minded as an apprentice. She'd never had the chance. "Y-You know what th-this is and what it d-d-does, right?" Might as well give him something easy, I guess. Though that last one should have been easy. Is something bothering him?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))   Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Herbs And Stuff ((Closed for Wavedream))
Page 1 of 1