Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]

Go down 
+5
Lostsouls
Madderf
Ebby
Honey
Sleepy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Empty
PostSubject: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 18:07

THE ASSEMBLY OF NATIONS
The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] DGEQOvF

Welcome to a brave new world . . .

What is this?
The Assembly first began as a group of WCCers who formed a region on the political simulator NationStates. From there, it evolved from a fun little side project into a full scale RP right here on WCC. While the region died and the Assembly crumbled, I still think there's potential for it to live again.

The Assembly of Nations is a hybrid mix of casual roleplay and simple gameplay. Here, you create a country and focus on surviving and prospering in a dangerous new world, set a thousand years into the future. You don't need to know anything about politics to join, and you don't have to worry about any complex rules or clauses. Here, your country can be serious or goofy, a military dictatorship or a flourishing young democracy, an authoritarian regime or a psychotic monarchy with a king that believes he's a banana. How you play is up to you. Your only true goal is to survive in a world ruled by the demented and depraved sub-humans known as WCCers. This "RP", for a lack of a better word, is driven entirely by its members.

You don't have to worry about not being active enough, or not knowing anything about the subject matter. As long as you know how to read and how to roll the dices here on WCC, you won't have any trouble.

So, are you interested? Then keep reading to figure out everything you need to know. It won't be confusing, I promise.

Turns, Years, & Maps

There are no real turns here in the Assembly. Anyone can post at any time, as many times as they want. Once a week, I will update the map, and it'll be said that a year has passed. The year at the start of the RP is 3,000 AD. A summary of the past year's events will be included in each update. Otherwise, you're free to RP uninterrupted.

Every nation begins with 10 provinces/counties, and every year they will automatically expand another 10 provinces. You can choose to stop growth any time you wish, or focus your growth in a specific direction. You can also aggressively seize unclaimed (or claimed) land with your military without waiting for the year to finish, but this might make your neighbors angry with you.

Of course, anybody can join at any time, even a long time after the RP has started. In the history of the world, as we'll get to later, it's explained that new countries are being born all the time. So don't worry about being "too late" if you're interested in joining!

Diplomacy & Posting Format
Diplomacy is completely freeform and uncontrolled. You can literally do anything a world leader could do. You can form alliances and trade agreements, you can create international coalitions, you can threaten, you can invade, you can give away territory, you can liberate, you can do anything. You can write five paragraphs about your crazy king arguing with a mango, or write six words about how much you think Jay smells. You can act OOC or IC, it doesn't matter.

That said, it's asked that you include this little "signature" of yours in all your posts.

Code:
[b]Nation Name[/b]:
[b]Leader Name[/b]:
[b]Economy[/b]:
[b]Allies[/b]:
[b]Enemies[/b]:
[b]Trade Partners[/b]:

Easy enough, right?

Warfare
This is probably the most complicated part, but it's really simple once you look at it.

Military attacks require using the big dice. When seizing unclaimed land, you only need to roll one dice, but when attacking other countries, you must roll two. The first number rolled will be your attack, the second will be the other nation's defense.
The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Sw0jlOc

If the attacker's number is higher than the defender's number, the attacker wins the roll, and they will get a varying amount of territories depending on what their number was.

1 through 45 = 5 territories
46 through 135 = 10 territories
136 through 180 = 13 territories
181 through 200 = 16 territories
201 through 225 =20 territories

If the defender's number is higher, the defender wins the roll, and the attacker gets zero territories. The defender always wins in the event of a tie.

Warfare is the only part of the game that requires turns. You cannot attack twice in a row under any circumstances. The provinces you're attacking must also be adjacent to you (i.e. you can't attack somebody in California all the way from Spain). Wars get their own special map updates to show progress.

Wars end when a peace treaty is negotiated or one country is completely obliterated or annexed by another.

Economy & Trade
Economy is just really simple math, because I suck at math and wanted to make this as easy as possible.

You start out with the number 10k. This number goes up by 5k every year in-game. You get an additional 5k for every trade route you have with another nation. However, if you piss other people off, they'll impose sanctions on you, which will hurt your economy and subtract 5k every year.

If you run out of money, you will stop your automatic expansion and any military attack you do will count for 5 less territories than it normally would. So if you roll a 56, normally you'd take 10 territories, but because you're poor, you only take 5. Makes sense?

History
The Third World War devastated the globe, in the bloodiest and most destructive conflict humanity had ever seen. By war's end, nearly eighty years after it began, every country on earth had been brought down to its knees. And in those Dark Days, anarchy reigned.

The year is 3000 AD and the wars of the past are lost to history, but for the first time in nearly a thousand years, true nation states are re-emerging. The forests that were cut down have all grown back, the towns and cities that were obliterated by atomic weapons have been rebuilt, and the world population has seen an unprecedented boom. The first countries of the brave new world have risen from the ashes of the old, and declared an ASSEMBLY OF NATIONS, like the UN of ancient legend and myth. Much of the world is still wild and uncivilized, or else ruled by petty states and clans too insignificant to be recognized by the Assembly. You can see this land marked in white, but color is spreading across the map.

The goal of this new Assembly is to rebuild the world, and to bring all nations together after a long dark age of fear and confusion, but will it succeed? Or will history repeat itself? Nobody can truly know...

Rules
Rule 1 of the Assembly: There are no rules, except what you've already seen above.

When I say that this RP is completely driven by members, I mean it. Your world leader can be captured and killed. Your nation can be completely obliterated in a military invasion/annexation. There's no real storyline except for what you craft. So lead your country to greatness and don't die. You can do anything. Literally anything. Except random assassinations of other world leaders. That's kinda cheap, yo.

Oh, and you're allowed to have up to three different countries at a time. They're discouraged from associating with each other, but I can't really stop you if you want them to be bestest allies or whatever.

EDIT: And you can only attack unclaimed land once a week/year.

Template
Code:
[center][img]country flag here (completely optional)[/img][/center]

[b]Nation Name[/b]:
[b]Leader[/b]:
[b]Type of Government[/b]:
[b]Starting Location[/b]:
[b]Map Color[/b]:

Template Help:

Questions?
If you're confused, please ask any questions here! I'll be happy to answer!

If you're unsure how something works, I can give you examples right here in this thread which will hopefully clear up any confusion. Assuming anybody even joins this.

Last edited by Sleepy on Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 23:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 18:13

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Rainmerrow__649940

Nation Name: Rainmerrow
Leader: Consul Marius de Normandie
Type of Government: Revolutionary democratic republic
Starting Location: Normandy, Brittany, and southern England
Map Color: RiverClan blue

Vive la révolution!

(all people who join before the start of the RP thread will be considered founder members of the Assembly btw)

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention.

Every five weeks/years, there will be a special event that will mix things up a bit. These events can be good or bad, but they're sure to make things a little chaotic.

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
Honey

Number of posts : 1655

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 19:24

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Honey_badger01

Nation Name:Honeytopia
Leader:Goddess of salvation Honey
Type of Government: Democratic republic
Starting Location:Japan
Map Color:Yellow

Map:

LONG LIVE HONEYTOPIA!

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 19:34

Approved. All hail.

(I didn't follow your map exactly because it was really small and hard to make out, and it needed to be somewhat contiguous)

(But it doesn't matter anyways, because Her Grace, our Lord and Salvation, will conquer all of Asia in time)

(ALL HAIL)

EDIT: Since people keep getting confused on this part: you only start with 10 territories. You'll get bigger, but at first, your country's going to be kinda dinky and small.

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 22:38

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Chuvasia

Nation Name: Revenire
Leader: Meriann Desmarais
Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Starting Location: http://prntscr.com/4nlcz5 laziness
Map Color: Some purpleish color~

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] PDt1Qqd The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 22:44

Approved!

Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 0:34

Back to top Go down
Madderf

Madderf

Clan/Rank : Crystalkit-unborn
Capricorn Dragon
Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 13:01

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/19/00/20/07/image13.jpg
Leader: Jamal Stronghammer
Government type: Absolute Monarchy 
Starting position: Egypt
Color: Orange
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 14:21

Approved! :D

We now have a single nation on every continent except South America and Australia.

Back to top Go down
Lostsouls

Lostsouls

Characters : Brightpaw | Cherrypaw | Sweetpaw | Timberpaw | Tinypaw
Clan/Rank : {B}{C}{S}{Tmb}{Tn} APPRENTICES
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 14:43

MAP-
The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Newmap2_zpse1e33557

Nation Name:Equestria
Leader(s): Princess Celestia and Princess Luna
Type of Government: Absolute Monarchy
Starting Location: Middle of Spain/Portugal
Map Color: Light Blue

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] 3575082

Nation Name: Faery
Leader: Queen Titania & King Oberon
Starting Location: Iceland & Greenland & Canada
Map Color:Light Green

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Newavalon_unicorn

Nation Name: Meereen
Leader: Queen Daenerys Targaryen
Starting Location: New Zealand
Map Color: Red

Brightpaw~Alive~Riverclan~#990022/#bb0000
Cherrypaw~Alive~Thunderclan~#ff9999
Emberkit~Unborn~Riverclan~#ff7700
Sweetpaw~Alive~Windclan~#66ccff
Timberpaw~Alive~Thunderclan~#aa6644
Tinypaw~Alive~Skyclan~#88dd11
Character Profiles - Topic Tracker/Reminder Board - Requirement Tracker
Current Plots

Three Hearts Collide
Apathy, Acting, and Acceptance
Back to top Go down
Madderf

Madderf

Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 16:25

Ignore

Last edited by Madderf on Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 16:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 16:34

Meereen? Nice. Approved.

Note: I don't count the really tiny islands as their own provinces, so I gave you two extra territories in Canada.

If you'd like those Canadian territories somewhere else, just tell me.

Madderf wrote:
King Jamal sists at his war room thinking deeply. He looks at his map and decides that his best option is to expand his empire is to claim africa. He decides from now on is to expand south.

Hehe, the RP hasn't started yet.

When we begin, I'll make a new thread. This one is just for discussion and sign-ups. :3

We'll start soon though, probably.

Back to top Go down
Madderf

Madderf

Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 16:37

Ok sorry

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 16:45

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Esdwfo10

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Flag10
Sorry it's so big ;-;

Nation Name: The Lesdrugan Union (Lesdruga)
Leader: Magnus Arrigone
Type of Government: On-paper Communism
Starting Location: Macedonia
Map Color: Teal

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Capricorn Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 16:55

Madderf wrote:
Ok sorry

It's no problem x3

Night wrote:
The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Esdwfo10

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Flag10
Sorry it's so big ;-;

Nation Name: The Lesdrugan Union (Lesdruga)
Leader: Magnus Arrigone
Type of Government: On-paper Communism
Starting Location: Macedonia
Map Color: Teal

Approved!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]   The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Assembly of Nations [sign-up & discussion]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next