Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Mourning After

Go down 
+2
Rose
King Falcon I
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 17:43

The sun still hadn't risen as Falconfang and Ivyfur brought the lifeless body of Raccoonstar back into WindClan camp. Throughout the entire trip, the deputy had been hoping against hope that life would return to the deceased leader and she would open her eyes once more, but as time passed along their walk, that hope grew dimmer and dimmer still, until it had been extinguished altogether. She wasn't coming back. What Ivyfur had said to him went through his mind as they finally reached the camp, 'May StarClan guide you in leadership.' Sure, Raccoonstar had been old, but it was still so sudden. Falconfang didn't feel ready for the responsibilities of leadership that had now befallen him through this horrible tragedy.

At the camp, nobody was up except for one warrior guarding the camp, but Falconfang just passed him without a word, too caught up in what had happened to even notice them. Reaching the middle of the camp, the two were finally able to lay Raccoonstar's body down. Even though everyone was sleeping, he still felt like they should all be here to mourn the passing of their leader. However, he could conjure up no voice to summon the clan, and instead he fell to the ground and buried his face into the former leader's cold fur, fresh waves of sorrow overtaking him. After all she had done for him, how could it end like this? How could she die out there alone? Whenever he had felt like he couldn't fit in with the clan, she had always helped him. When it seemed like he was going to get himself exiled from the clan for the stupid mistake he had made, she had spared him from Stormstar's rage, and these were debts he could never truly repay. The moon was completely obscured by clouds and the air was cold as the new leader laid still upon the ground, mourning the former leader in silent grief.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1838

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 18:01

Hawkflight woke, it not even being dawn yet. The cold air ruffling her pelt as she exited the den, though not knowing why. Something was bothering her, though not completely sure what. She looked to the middle of camp, seeing Falconfang resting next to a form. She padded closer, curious as to what he was doing. She took in Raccoonstar's form, being she finally realized, Raccoonstar was dead. She gasped only lightly before deciding that it wasn't her place to go right up to the leader. She would let Falconfang have in own time. So she settled for sitting close by and bowing her head in silence.

Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 19:06

Ivyfur gently laid down the fallen leader, and nuzzled Falconfang comfortingly before seeing he needed to grieve. As she knew the clan must be assembled to this, she walked to the Tall Rock and lept up onto it easily for the first time. She knew the right saying, but sighed heavily before mustering up the courage to say. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather for a Clan meeting!" Her yowl was definitely different, but she had made sure to voice it loud enough to wake the ranks of WindClan. She would stay up here breifly before Faclonfag took over to deliver the news, and if he was in no fit mentally, she would take his place to do so, but only out of worry. Ivyur felt out of place, but the clan needed to know this. She could smell the past leaders, and it soothed her in some weird aay.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Dawnfire

Dawnfire

Clan/Rank : TC warrior (Dawnfire), RC apprentice (Rosepaw), SC apprentice (Hawkpaw), WC kit (Mudkit), SC kit (amberkit)
Number of posts : 149

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 10:02

Mudkit yawned and bounced out of the nursery only to skid to a halt when he saw the lifeless body of their leader. Quietly, with his head down, he padded toward raccoonstar and sat down a little bit away. His eyes swiveled toward raccoonstars body and ivy fur , who was standing on the tall rock. Mudkit hadn't known raccoonstars much, but of course he was the clan leader and Mudkit had looked up to him. Mud kits eyes fell to his shuffling paws as he waited for ivyfur to continue.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 18:54

Deerpaw peered out of the apprentice's den, curious on what was happening. Only when he saw a body in the center of camp did it strike him. Who is that? Sniffing the air warily, a familiar scent wafted towards the tom. Raccoonstar? Ducking back inside to murmur the news in case his denmates hadn't heard, he soon emerged to sit a tail-length away from the fallen leader. Instead of bowing his head, he searched the sky for a new star.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 11:13

After what seemed like the longest time, Falconfang finally rose from his position, his entire body shuddering, though it wasn't from the Leafbare chill. Closer and closer the sun would come to rising, and then, once it began to set, it would be time to head for the Moonstone. The deputy wasn't sure he was ready for this, but there wasn't a choice: his clan needed him now more than ever.

OoC: You may all keep posting, but I just wanted this so I can begin the Moonstone topic.
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Shiny

Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 496

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After EmptyWed 12 Feb 2014 - 11:55

Heatherpaw had watched from afar as Falconfang grieved. He wanted to go up to comfort him, but didn't know how. Falconfang was close with her, and Heatherpaw knew that. Rising to his paws, he walked over to Falconfang and brushed his muzzle against his side. "I'm sorry," He murmured before pulling away to sit vigil by Racconstar's body.

Leechkit:

The Mourning After Mew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Mourning After Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mourning After   The Mourning After Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mourning After
Page 1 of 1