Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Snowpaw's Border Patrol

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Characters : Bramblekit
Clan/Rank : Windclan kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 6644

Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 19:23

He quickly turned over with one smooth move and pushed her off of him before he was quickly able to stand right back up without even the tiniest sense of hesitation. Without even stopping, Thrushstripe was able to bop her on the head with his paw (claws sheathed of course) as to tell her that she had already been defeated. "Alright first lesson in battling: You can't give away your moves like that. You were way too predictable. Find a way to throw off your opponent from the move you are about to use." he told her as he prepared himself again.
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Scorpio Cat
Number of posts : 333

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 19:39

Snowpaw looked up sadly. " Alright." She jumped onto Thrustripe swiftly attacking his ears, but loosing balance and barely hitting his throat with her sheathed. Still, it wasn't good enough. Snowpaw fell to the ground right by Thrustripes paws, making herself easy kill.

Blazestorm:

Silversong:

Swiftfoot:

Ivykit:
Back to top Go down
http://criesofthebattles.forumotion.com
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 20:05

After being assaulted with quite a few different attacks on his ears and one random lucky shot on the throat, Thrushstripe quickly jumped at the chance of landing a shot on her as she lay on the ground. Lightly pressing a paw against her neck, he didn't have to do too much more to show her that she still had a bit to learn, although she had improved fairly quickly. "That was better, but still not good enough. You need to learn balance. Without it, you will never be able to stay on your feet and keep the upper hand." He meowed sternly. This was one thing he wasn't going to take lightly. "But we will move on for now. You need to learn specific basic moves that will usually get you out of any typical situation." He continued before releasing his grip on her and putting space between him and her once again.

OOC: I'm just double checking and making sure.. do you know how to use the battle system?
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 15:49

Snowpaw looked up sadly. "Alright. So what are we learning?!"

OOC: No. I'm sorry

Blazestorm:

Silversong:

Swiftfoot:

Ivykit:
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 17:28

OOC: okay. I shall try to explain this clearly. If it does not work, let me know ;u;

Alrighty, time to explain the next thing you need to learn. With this system, it's all about subtracting.

1. Look here for the battle system.

2. look at the first chart and select a move that an apprentice can use. After choosing a move, look at how much stamina it takes to use that move.

3. look at the second chart under the column labeled 'A**' to see how much damage that moves does.

4. come back and post a reply that looks like this:

Snowpaw used Front Paw Strike dealing 14 damage and using 10 Stamina.

Snowpaw
Health: 20/20
Stamina: 70/80 (80 stamina - 10 stamina = 70 of 80)

Thrushstripe
Health: 66/80 (80 health - 14 health = 66 of 80)
Stamina: 240/240

the entire thing including the stats come from the cat stats. Since you are an apprentice your stats are as shown in that example post. So you have dealt 14 damage. You subtract the amount of damage from your opponent's health. Because you used that move, you have used 10 stamina so you subtract the 10 from your own stamina. Does that make sense??

For bold (just in case ;u;):
Code:
[b]insert words here[/b]
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 17:45

OOC: Alright. I think I got it. Let's rp. ;)

Blazestorm:

Silversong:

Swiftfoot:

Ivykit:
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 18:08

Thrushstripe thought a moment. "As your first offensive move, you will learn the front paw strike. It is not very hard to do, actually." He turned towards a rather thick spot of grass and quickly swiped at it with his front paw.

Thrushstripe used Frontpaw strike on the wonderful little grass dealing 0 damage and using 10 stamina.

Thrushstripe
Health: 80/80
Stamina: 230/240

Grass
0/0
0/0

Looking back at Snowpaw, he flicked his tail at the grass's direction. "See, not too hard. Now you try. You can practice on me shortly."
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 18:37

Snowpaw studied the grass carefully before swiping the grass with her paw.

Snowpaw used Front Paw Strike on the grass dealing 14 damage and using 10 stamina

Snowpaw
Health: 20/20
Stamina:70/80

Grass
0/0
0/0

Snowpaw turned to see what Thrustripe had to say.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013 - 19:06

"That was good! Just be sure to really use some force behind it. If you don't, you probably won't get anywhere with that move." As he tried to think of another move to teach her, an idea immediately popped into his mind. Although it was a pretty sketchy tactic, he quickly jumped towards Snowpaw, pushing her to the ground onto her back so that he was standing over her, staring right into her eyes. "This move will come in handy when you get into a sticky situation. See how you are basically trapped underneath me? Well, at this angle, my belly is completely open. As soon as you end up on your back, you want to scratch at your opponent's belly with all you've got." He told her. "Now try it. You don't have to unsheathe your claws if you don't want to hurt me, but try. You'll see how vulnerable I am."

OOC: this move is belly-rake in the battle system.
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 10:45

Snowpaw nodded and quickly clawed at Thrustripe's belly with her claws sheathed.

Snowpaw used Belly Rake on Thrustripe dealing 15 damage and using 10 stamina

Snowpaw
Health:20/20
Stamina:70/80

Thrustripe
Health:65/80
Stamina:230/240

Last edited by Snowflakes on Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2014 - 13:02

Thrushstripe quickly leaped off of Snowpaw and nodded in approval. "There you go. You got it. Just remember though that when you end up on your back like that, your own belly is vulnerable too. Now you learn a move called the Leap-and-Hold. You basically jump onto your opponent's back and dig your claws into their shoulders and hold onto them. This keeps them from being able to reach you while you attack." He told her. "Now try it on me. Don't worry about hurting me." he said as he prepared himelf.

OOC: I apologize if this is a little hard to understand. I had most of this written out and I ended up losing all of it. With the Leap-and-Hold move in the battle system, you have a use a thing called dice. You can only use them by replying to the topic using the "Post Reply" button in the bottom left corner of the page. When doing so, you just post like you normally would using the battle system:

Snowpaw used Leap and Hold dealing 14 damage and using 10 stamina.

After doing this, though, there is a box right underneath the Send button that says "Dices Roll". If there is nothing under that box, you will need to go to the very right of that dark blue box and click the + button. You should then see something that says "Dices Roll #1:" and then a drop-down box. in the drop box, there is something called Effect Dice. Click on that but is all you have to mess with. Once you have done that, click the send button. It will then redirect you back to your last post like it normally does, but underneath your post should be a post by Mistpelt saying something like

The member Snowpaw has done the following action: Dices Roll

Effect Dice: [a random number here]

After looking at this number, you will have to go back to the battle system in the rules and look underneath the 'Special Effect' for Leap-and-Hold. The last half of that box should say

-Roll one "Effect Dice"-
1, 2, 3, works for one turn.
4, 5, 6, works for two turns.

So if you end up rolling, let's say, a four, then you go back and edit your original post that used the battle system so that it ends up saying something like this:

Snowpaw used Leap-and-Hold dealing 14 damage and using 10 stamina. In effect for 2 more turns.

So then for two more turns, you end up dealing 14 damage to the other character while only using 10 stamina. Does this make sense??
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:12

Snowpaw jumped on Thrustripes shoulders and quickly dug her claws into his shoulders, holding on tightly.

Snowpaw did  Leap-and-Hold dealing 14 damage and using 10 stamina.

Snowpaw
Health:20/20
Stamina:60/80

Thrustripe
Health:46/80
Stamina:230/240

Last edited by Snowflakes on Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15130

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:12

The member 'Snowflakes' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Shadow
Former Staff
Former Staff
Shadow

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptySat 4 Jan 2014 - 19:59

Although it did hurt quite a bit, Thrushstripe just dealt with it and was actually surprised with how well she did. It was almost perfect! "There you go Snowpaw. I do believe you have the basics. We can finish your training later for you definitely need more of it, but you have the basics. You ready to head back to camp?" He asked after shaking the apprentice off of his back. Carefully of course.
Back to top Go down
Snow

Snow

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 14:49

"Well... Can we hunt for a bit? I know some of the techniques. I see the apprentices practice outside their den sometimes..."

Blazestorm:

Silversong:

Swiftfoot:

Ivykit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowpaw's Border Patrol   Snowpaw's Border Patrol - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowpaw's Border Patrol
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next