Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6183

Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 1 Aug 2024 - 18:32

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar scanned the muddy hollow of ShadowClan's camp for the cat she most wanted to see, allowing an easy smile to settle on her face as she ascended the Jaggedrock. "All cats old enough to silently stalk in the shadows, please gather in the shadow of the Jaggedrock for a Clan meeting!"
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6072

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 1 Aug 2024 - 18:38

Briarpaw sat near the apprentice's den, quickly grooming her pelt after having returned from a hunting patrol. Maybe she'd find Smokeytimber and bug him, or visit Webkit.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a meeting being called by her mother, however, and as Briarpaw sat among her clanmates below the jaggedrock, she could only assume it was for something good with how her mother was smiling. A ceremony, maybe? ...Her ceremony, maybe? She'd had her moonstone trip recently, after all, but there were enough kits and apprentices that Briarpaw couldn't assume it would be for her.

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 495

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 2 Aug 2024 - 9:19

Larkshine was laying outside the warrior's den, tail thumping as she basked in the fading sunlight. A small shadow darkened her eyelids so she peek open her eyes and purred as she saw Briarpaw take a seat and started grooming herself.

The older molly was proud of her apprentice and was sure she would be made a warrior any time now, but she also knew the role of leader meant Leopardstar was busy too.

Just then the Shadowclan leader called out and Larkshine followed after Briarpaw and sat down beside the younger molly. Her tail brushed softly against her apprentice and she looked over at her with a smile. "Hopefully today is your day. You deserve it." She purred quietly.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 3 Aug 2024 - 13:30

Her gaze settled on her daughter, and the ShadowClan leader felt a swell of pride. "We are gathered here today to witness the naming of a new warrior, a rare and precious gift. Briarpaw, I ask that you please step forward."

She waited patiently, knowing that Briarpaw would do so before too long had passed.

"I call upon the warriors of ShadowClan to gaze upon this apprentice. She has trained long and hard to understand the ways of our honorable code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in turn."

To speak the ceremonial words for one of her own kin again, so soon after the last, when seasons before she'd thought she never would again...

She brushed off the thought. No time to dwell on past or future tragedy, not when there was something worth celebrating right before them.

"Briarpaw, do you swear to uphold the warrior code? To protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 3 Aug 2024 - 13:48

Larkshine joined her, and it was a relief to know that she was also hoping for Briarpaw's ceremony. She'd been nothing but a supportive, kind mentor, Briarpaw knew that she was lucky to have a mentor she got on so well with. "I hope so, and you're a great mentor." Briarpaw responded to Larkshine with a smile. Her attention turned back toward Leopardstar as her mother started to speak.

Briarpaw had been hoping for it, but hearing her name spoken was still a bit of a shock. Green eyes gazed up at the leader, a grin forming as the apprentice tried to keep her composure as she stepped forward. The long nights of training, all the unwelcome pests that kept interrupting hunting patrols, had all led to this. Finally, it was her turn.

The question given was one she had thought about, of course. It was no secret that Briarpaw was more of a reluctant fighter. At the same time, seeing her clanmates - stars forbid, her family - threatened was not something she would ever sit back and tolerate. Raccoons and foxes or rogues, she would defend her clan just as Larkshine and Smokeytimber had jumped to her defense during her apprenticeship.

"Always, Leopardstar. I do." She vowed with conviction.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 3 Aug 2024 - 17:35

Leopardstar dipped her head slightly in acknowledgment. "Then it is my honor to name you as a warrior before all of ShadowClan."

She had thought on Briarpaw's name, of course. Had thought on names for all of her kits from the day they were born, a hope for the future. Now, though, she could only hope her daughter would approve of the choice she had made.

"From this day forward, you shall be known as Briarpatch. Your dedication to ShadowClan is clear and true, and I am certain you will make a marvelous warrior."

Indulgent on her part, perhaps; but each word rang true. With that ceremonial duty complete, she leapt from the rock to touch her nose to the new warrior's shoulder.

"Not too old now to accept a bit of praise from your mother, are you?"

Then she laughed, light and easy and free in a way she rarely felt.

"You and your siblings are my greatest pride, Briarpatch, and it is an honor to see you come into your own as a warrior. I'll make sure there's a good place for your nest in the warriors' den. Now, I ask that you go and celebrate before your vigil."

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 5 Aug 2024 - 17:50

Leopardstar continued, bestowing on her a new name. Briarpatch could hear the pride in her mother's voice, and she could feel the same pride burning in her chest, too. She had worked for this, and it was finally happening! She had become a warrior at long last.

"Not from you, no." Briarpatch grinned up at her mother., though she could feel the tips of her ears heat up with mild embarrassment at Leopardstar's praise. "I won't let you down, I promise. And thank you."

If only Cardinalpaw were here, too.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 495

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 6 Aug 2024 - 11:52

Larkshine
Tier 4 Warrior | Shadowclan | She/Her

Larkshine cheered out Briarpatch’s new name; the words rolled off her tongue in a bittersweet melody. She stopped cheering and watched as Leopardstar talked with the newly appointed warrior. She, herself, sent a silent prayer to starclan to keep her now former apprentice safe. She didn’t know, nor did she want to find out, if her heart could take it, losing another apprentice after they got their warrior’s name.

Supposedly, apprentices were no longer the mentor’s responsibility after they were named warriors, but that’s not how Larkshine saw it. Her apprentices are like her children. She cheered out with pride at their ceremonies alongside their parents and she cried with them if something happened to the apprentices. There was nothing that could make her feel any different about the young ones who were put into her care. They were hers; blood relations didn’t matter.

Larkshine shook her head. She had been sitting and staring at Briarpatch and Leopardstar for stars know how long. She padded over to her former apprentice and gently pressed her nose to Briarpatch’s shoulder. “Congratulations Briarpatch. I’m very proud of you.” She mewed softly before giving the younger molly some space.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T4 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2678

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 9 Aug 2024 - 18:45

“Briarpatch!” The name sounded nice enough, Leopardstar always had a way with names. It was hard for Sunflare to believe that Leopardstar’s kits were growing up so fast. The nursery seemed strangely empty lately. Sometimes Sunflare wondered why he cared the way he did. True, each kit was precious, but it wasn’t as if any of them were his. And they never would be again. His children seemed cursed.

Sunflare shook off the thought. Today was about Briarpatch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Briarpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1