Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

When Boss Man Calls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

When Boss Man Calls Empty
PostSubject: When Boss Man Calls   When Boss Man Calls EmptyTue 23 Jul 2024 - 17:11

Stormwatcher grumbled the whole way out of camp - he was supposed to meet Falconmoon out here for something. Falconmoon had requested him over here over something rather - he had heard rumors about it being with his apprentice Hickorypaw - Falconmoon's son.

It wasn't exactly a secret that the mentor - apprentice pair were not the best of matches - in fact it was probably a well known fact that they didnt like each other.

Stormwatcher found the apprentice to be annoying to all ends, selfish, egotistical and a brat that thought they were bigger than clans.

and he supposed his apprentice found him to be lazy, shortcut taking and uncaring... Fair enough and they agreed to disagree about just about anything and everything.

When he leanred Falcon wanted to talk to him he already had suspicions about what this could be about... It was not exactly like the big high and mighty deputy wanted to talk to him anymore -

Back when Sun was around the three of them, Sun, Falcon and himself had been three friends - something Falcon seemed to have forgotten more so lately it felt like to him.

His whiny son probably complained to his powerful daddy that his meany mentor was too hard -

rotten apprentice he thought to himself forcing his paws to the meeting spot.

Deep deep down... he knew no matter how much he disliked Hickorypaw it was his job to get him trained for battle and warrior life - and he would defend his apprentice to the death - he always had a soft spot for apprentices and as annoying as Hickorypaw was there was not an exception for him.

If dire times called in a battle he knew he would do everything he could to save his apprentices, even Hickorypaw.

Outside of battles though he really disliked hickory.

Falcon was approaching and he half grunted and sort of half flicked an ear - an informal greeting still showing some amount of respect and submission but in his own dis-formal way. Clan tradition was lost on him. Clan tradition would dictate he was supposed to lick his superiors shoulders [its in the books I'm not crazy! The warriors were supposed to lick the deputy shoulder when they got their warrior name or any meeting of them... well I am crazy but not because of this] .... if anyone told that to him he would probably slap their face, he was never really educated in all the clan way of life -

His own time as apprentice saw him passed from mentor to mentor because no one wanted 'that one' the trouble making apprentice that always dodged patrols and slept whenever he could... He had so many mentors he couldnt really keep them all straight even... one day he was pretty sure that Bloodstar thought he looked to big to be in the apprentice den so made him a warrior... he hadn't even been to the moonstone- one of the requirments but you can bet the lazy version of himself was not going to bring that up. So he was warrior with 0 clan knowledge of tradition... he vaugly was aware there was some stone out there that the loony med cats prayed over or something like that but he wouldnt really give a squirels hide about it or any such clan oddities.

Perhaps he was as much a pain to past mentors as Hickorypaw was to him - though if you were to tell that to him you would get a long cold stare that whispered for you to 'drop dead'

"whyaa if if it isn't Falconmoon" he dipped his head slightly glancing at his deputy.

"You... wanted to talk?" he asked tilting his head. He had a 90% sure what this was about but figured it couldnt hurt to make sure... who knows maybe Falconmoon actually wanted to go bowling with him instead of this impending lecutre - it wouldnt hurt to hold out for such a hope - maybe a diner after their bowling and a nice bromantic night too?? Hey, couldn't blame him for seeing if that was actually the secret agenda ...

Former Staff
Former Staff
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowpaw
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3122

PostSubject: Re: When Boss Man Calls   When Boss Man Calls EmptyThu 1 Aug 2024 - 0:02

OOC: Speedy what in the hecc xD

IC:

Falconmoon started every day with a big, hefty sigh it seemed like. Today was no different, and quite frankly it took effort to keep his face at least neutral. Maybe it was the heat, but his tolerance for everything had taken a nose dive. He would be professional and he would be polite... and have a plan to kill everyone he met.

"Morning, Stormwatcher." He dipped his head back, showing respect for the older warrior despite his "lower" status. "Yes I wanted to ask how Hickorypaw's training was coming along. They're almost due to be warriors. I wanted to be sure everything was going smoothly." He'd allow Stormwatcher to speak first, and vent, if needed. Falconmoon wasn't blind, he knew his kits could be a real pain in the rump sometimes.

Stormwatcher being his buddy, he assumed he could count on him to be honest even if it was ugly.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowpaw | Skyclan | Apprentice #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

PostSubject: Re: When Boss Man Calls   When Boss Man Calls EmptyThu 1 Aug 2024 - 21:57

Stormwatcher relaxed a bit... this was his buddy, his old friend.  Even if Falconmoon was the big mighty deputy now surely he remembered his roots with himself and Sunfire right?

He was honestly a bit shocked by Falcon dipping his head to him, he wasn't arguing but he literally gave very little thought to such formalities at all, still it was kind of nice he supposed... but it made his friend look like he had water stuck in his ear shaking his head dipping it this way and that way in greeting.  It was almost impossible to think that the snot nosed stuck up hairball he had as an apprentice was related directly to Falcon. Any sort of formal greetings were lost on the somewhat barbarian Stormwatcher. If Clan traditions and formalities were a subject he would have received a D- ... not a failing grade because they passed him on to get him to be a warrior but lets just say he would have a hard time pointing out the difference between 4trees and the moonstone.

And of course... things turned almost immediately to that topic... The question of how Hickorypaws training was going...

His facial expression soured though and he sat there looking off into the distance as if he just been asked about a past trauma.

"Well erm I mean Falcon you got one tough kit that no one can ever say otherwise... A warrior and a half that one will be"

He scrapped his paw around and finally forced himself to meet his friends gaze.

"alright, its no big secret I don't exactly gets along with him as well as maybe I ought to of, but he can be a bit of a stuck up snot nose at times yea?  You ever try telling him he don't gotta pee on everyone else like they're the territory land markings just cause he's the deputies son?"

He gave a shrug and shake of his head, "So yeah he will be a darn good warrior, he can fight real good too. Just make sure he don't become deputy like this in his current state or the clan is gonna disintegrate."

He shuffled a bit on his paws,

"there, you done asked and you got it straight how I see it.  Take it how you want it up down or sideways I couldn't care really but just remember you asked. Falcon was his friend... and he realized he was speaking to his deputy, but if he couldn't tell his deputy what he was thinking when asked what was the point of this whole clan structure anyways?? He was never one for formalities in the first place.

He wanted to leave this wretched conversation... but was sure Falcon might have follow ups... perhaps some level of bantering humor would at least help.
"This clan formalities gonna give kinks in my tail... which one am I supposed to do when I leave your mighty presence? bow, curtsy or kiss your cheek?  I can never remember he muttered in his usual mood.  Part of it was in banter spirit of friendship... its just how boys can be.  But the point stood clearly that he was never the formal one of their friend group.

PostSubject: Re: When Boss Man Calls   When Boss Man Calls Empty

Back to top Go down

When Boss Man Calls
Page 1 of 1