Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunpaw, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] WindClan Apprentice, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 423

i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] Empty
PostSubject: i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]   i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 17:01

nightpaw
The marsh was humid, to say the least. The air hung heavy and damp, and it seemed to stick to Nightpaw's fur as he walked. Every step was a chore. Even now, as dusk began to sweep across the horizon, it was unbearably hot. But today was important nonetheless. One of the medicine cats Rookfire had mentioned, Fuzzybelly, had agreed to show him some places where important herbs grew. He'd never met the tom before, and the prospect of talking to someone new made him nervous - but he was still more comfortable learning from Fuzzybelly than he was going to another Clan to seek the assistance of their medicine cats. No, this would do just fine, at least until he worked up the nerve to travel to WindClan or ThunderClan.

Nightpaw glanced curiously over at the tom, but didn't speak. He'd gone missing, if Nightpaw recalled correctly, and had come back only recently, having to start over as an apprentice. He thought it was a bit rude of Leopardstar to make a grown tom sleep with the apprentices, but her word was law. Really, he was just glad there was another cat in the Clan who knew something or other about herbs. Between him, Rookfire, and Fuzzybelly, ShadowClan would be okay. At least until Heatherberry came back. He... hoped Heatherberry would come back.

A vaguely familiar scent caught Nightpaw's nose, and he caught Fuzzybelly's eye before nodding in its direction and motioning the tom to follow. "I think I've found something." He padded toward it, satisfied to find the scent growing stronger as he neared, and ducked down to scan the ground for anything he recognized. What was that? He recognized the smell from the medicine den, but he wasn't sure it was an herb he knew...

Finally, he reached the source of the scent. As he brought his muzzle to the cluster of suspects - each made of two tall, light green leaves attached to a small white bulb - he curled his lip and looked up at Fuzzybelly. "I... I don't know this one. Is this an herb?" The smell hadn't been quite so bad at first, but now that he was close, he realized how pungent it was. It definitely wasn't something he'd dealt with before. What in StarClan's name would you use this for? Perhaps it wasn't an herb after all. He shrunk into himself as he waited for a reply, half-expecting the older tom to say it was nothing at all.

Nightpaw found wild garlic!

OOC: Find the herb list below!

Herb List:
HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app. "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunpaw - WindClan App. - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e

Last edited by chicago on Wed 17 Jul 2024 - 17:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]   i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 17:01

The member 'chicago' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] Mistpe10
i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 512

PostSubject: Re: i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]   i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 17:31

Fuzzybelly walked the marsh, following Nightpaw's lead. Technically a warrior's apprentice, he lived a seemingly separate life many moons ago, well before the cat with him was even born. The moon talked to him still, he felt– it was how he returned in the first place.

"That's wild garlic," the tomcat purred, seeing the confusion on the apprentice's face. It had been truly seasons ago since he was Fuzzypaw and gawking at greenery, with Basilbloom's patient guidance with him. Stars will it, she was the best cat he ever knew.

"Take a bulb or two, but not the whole patch. It's for rat bites. You can have somebody roll in it if you can't stand the poultice."

"Or, you can ask me, long as I got teeth. I like the taste. I might be weird for that, though."

The bushy brown tabby glanced around in the marsh, looking for any sign of herbs. His ears pricked a little, turning to the younger tom. Bless him, Nightpaw was even younger than he was when Basilbloom died.

"Nightpaw, you okay?"
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunpaw, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] WindClan Apprentice, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 423

PostSubject: Re: i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]   i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] EmptyTue 30 Jul 2024 - 22:33

nightpaw
Wild garlic. Rat bites. Nightpaw's anxiety melted away as the tom didn't laugh or gawk, but instead answered his kindly. He nodded in satisfaction as Fuzzybelly explained the odd little plant, and he did his best to commit it to memory. It couldn't be too difficult - the smell alone set it aside from most of the other plants in his den. None of them were half as fragrant.

He plucked a few of the bulbs, his teeth wrapping around the plants gently. The taste... was oddly not bad, in spite of the pungent scent. "Huh. No, it's really not too bad. But, hey, there's nothing wrong with being weird." Nightpaw purred softly, glad for the tom's patient guidance. He was a bit odd, but Nightpaw was finding that he liked him.

He felt the weight of Fuzzybelly's stare as he straightened up again, ready to find the next plant. Then, there it was - that question. Nobody had really asked if he was okay before, but every cat definitely wanted to know how he was 'holding up'. Fuzzybelly just sounded more genuine. Nightpaw hummed for a moment, his ears flicking lazily as he thought. Then he nodded. "...Yeah. Yeah, I guess I'm okay. It's been hard, but... I'm just glad I found my path, I guess." He shrugged. Even if Heatherberry was gone, he was convinced she was coming back someday, and he was just focusing on learning what he could in the meantime. Maybe, deep down, he was deflecting. But it was hard to think about. He shifted suddenly, a somber mood falling over him. "Do you think that... that Heatherberry will ever come back? Or have I really lost her?" Grief clouded his gaze. He had only just met her. She couldn't really be gone... after all, Fuzzybelly had returned after all these moons, hadn't he?
HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app. "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunpaw - WindClan App. - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 512

PostSubject: Re: i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]   i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] EmptyTue 30 Jul 2024 - 23:20

He glanced at the apprentice, who anxiously told him about his path.

"The path of a medicine cat is very different than that of a warrior. It's a different hard."

He nodded faintly, thinking out loud. "One of those difficulties is the lack of clear answers. Some things are hard to answer... will the queen be okay after kitting, will they get through their sickness, will they walk again?"

"I can tell you that I will do everything I can. My apprentice trained Heatherberry, you know. Only the stars know where their paws walk, and I hope it's back to us."

"Right when I earned my name, less than a quarter moon after, my mentor passed. It was a sickness she always did her best to deal with, but she couldn't fight it any longer. I get where you're coming from, Nightpaw. Know that you won't walk this path alone. Every medicine cat from every Clan is rooting for you and will be there, including me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]   i'm waiting for a lifeline [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm waiting for a lifeline [c]
Page 1 of 1