Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunpaw, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] WindClan Apprentice, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 423

tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] Empty
PostSubject: tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c]   tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 15:49

nightpaw
As Nightpaw headed out onto the territory, he recited the list of herbs he was in search for under his breath. The stocks had dwindled in the weeks it'd taken him to find his footing, and he was determined to fill them once more - before leaffall came and threatened the poor plants that his Clanmates so relied on. His green eyes were narrowed, his gait steady as he searched the muddied marsh for the herbs he needed. Marigold, burdock, juniper... All names that were familiar to him now, and the spots in which they grew were growing familiar still.

So focused was he that he scarcely heard the sounds of the nature that surrounded him. Proud birdsong faded into mere background noise, the gentle rush of a weak breeze through the branches barely even reaching his ears. Predators were of little concern to him when he was focused like this; perhaps he hardly realized just how vulnerable he was when he was alone like this. He might as well have been named vigilance for the way he was always on alert, but not now. For once, he had let his guard slip. His duties were more important.

Then, as if on cue, the peace of the forest was interrupted by the sharp crack of a branch behind him. Nightpaw was finally torn from his own thoughts, and his eyes widened with fear as he whipped around to face the noise. One would assume it was just a Clanmate, but after he'd seemingly found himself on Wolfpaw's bad side, that was barely a reassuring thought. "Who - who's there?" His claws unsheathed subconsciously, but realistically, he didn't stand much of a chance against the seasoned apprentice - if it was him. Who else would sneak up on him like this?

HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app. "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunpaw - WindClan App. - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c]   tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] EmptyMon 5 Aug 2024 - 6:11

FISHPAW
Now I face out, I hold out...

It was, perhaps, strange to tail other cats without announcing your presence to them. Technically, Fishpaw was fairly sure it counted as stalking. But he wasn’t going to consider his actions under the umbrella of such a negative word. His actions were well-intentioned, if strange. He’d seen Nightpaw, one of the cats that smelled like old Alethea--a medicine cat, he’d learned--dipping out of camp alone, and several things intrigued him. Firstly, Fishpaw was always a little caught up by cats that were brave enough to wander on their own, knowing he would never be able to manage that. Second, he knew the tom to be Hedgepaw’s friend, and so, he wanted to be Nightpaw’s friend. And from there, the third thing: Nightpaw probably needed a friend. Heatherberry, the kind cat that had checked him for injuries when he arrived, had mysteriously disappeared very shortly after Fishpaw’s arrival… after, he heard, Nightpaw was just apprenticed to her. He must have been very lonely, and Fishpaw understood how it felt to be lonely like that.

So it was that he padded after Nightpaw as the tom headed out into the marshland. Nightpaw walked with a deliberateness and practice that made it a little difficult for Fishpaw to keep up. Every time he would get close enough to call out, Nightpaw would disappear beneath foliage or into the shadows, and Fishpaw would have to hunt him down again. Eventually, he got fed up with the chase and decided to take up a more brisk trot; not quite comfortable enough to gallop, but needing to close distance. Mud splashed around his paws and a few branches crinkled under paw, but Fishpaw paid them little mind.

Nightpaw, though, had been disturbed by them. For the first time since setting out, he stopped. Fishpaw blinked at him from between the ferns that shielded him, paws momentarily stalling. Fear widened Nightpaw’s eyes. A bit of sympathy rose up in Fishpaw’s chest, and he felt bad for startling the tom so badly. He ducked out from under the ferns he’d been padding through, making himself clear to Nightpaw. Without the foliage blocking half his vision, he could see the way Nightpaw’s claws had unsheathed, pressing into the muddy ground. Fishpaw swallowed.

”It’s just me,” he said. Then, remembering he was still relatively new to the Clan, clarified, ”Fishpaw. And I’m Hedge’s friend.” He hoped the words put Nightpaw at ease. Shifting slightly on his paws, he went on, ”I just wanted to talk to you. But you move too fast! You’re hard to keep up with.” A warm smile broke across Fishpaw’s muzzle. ”But hey, I finally caught you. What’re you doing walking around alone? That’s dangerous, isn’t it? And, hey:” his voice became a little clearer, more sober, ”how’re you doing? I heard about the other… medicine cat. It must be hard.”
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • he/him • #2F8A7B
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunpaw, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] WindClan Apprentice, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 423

PostSubject: Re: tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c]   tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] EmptyWed 21 Aug 2024 - 23:06

nightpaw
Nightpaw's pelt smoothed almost instantly as Fishpaw ducked out from a patch of ferns and he was met with twinkling green eyes instead of the cold amber eyes he'd been expecting. Thank StarClan. Had he gotten his fur all ruffled for no reason? The prospect of talking to someone new didn't even scare him as much anymore - lately, a select few things really scared him, and everything else only made him fairly nervous. That was progress, at least. Soon most things would only make him a little nervous, he hoped.

It's just me, the tom called out, and even though Nightpaw didn't know a 'just me', he still forced his claws to slide back in. A few deep breaths, and he was surprised at how easily he was able to ground himself. This cat clearly wasn't a threat. "S-sorry, I thought you were... ah, someone else, is all." He licked his chest fur as though to smooth it, though it was really a super secret technique he'd developed to hide his embarrassment sometimes. "Hedge's friend, huh?" Nightpaw's voice sounded far-off as he thought. That didn't technically mean anything, because Hedgepaw was (somehow) related to Wolfpaw, but he still figured he could trust the tom. He had seen the pair together a few times, now that he thought about it - but he was always too busy to join their fun.

"Fishpaw. Huh. Yeah. I havent't gotten the chance to properly introduce myself. I saw - well, I heard your ceremony, from my den. Welcome. I'm Nightpaw." He tried to match Fishpaw's warm smile, but it came out a bit more uncertain and nervous than he'd hoped. "Ah, sorry. I wanted to head out to gather a few things, but... well, being the only medicine cat, it makes me nervous. Like someone's gonna just, y'know, fall over if I leave camp for a heartbeat. So I try to be fast." As he grew more comfortable with this near stranger, his words seemed to flow more freely. The shyness in his gaze seemed to fade into familiarity. Clearly, if Fishpaw was going to hurt him, he would've done it by now. Unless...

"That Wolfpaw didn't enlist you, did he?" Accusation rang so suddenly in Nightpaw's tone that it stunned even him, and his ears flattened against his head if only for a moment. That's probably mousebrained. "I mean... nevermind. Sorry, I'm just, uh. Paranoid." Still, even as he cleared his throat, he regarded the energetic tom with faint suspicion, as though he very well might jump at him at any moment. As Fishpaw pointed out the danger of walking around the marsh alone, Nightpaw glanced at his surroundings - as though just now realizing where he was. He shrugged. As concerned as he was about everything, ever, Nightpaw had never really worried about wandering the marsh alone - as long as he stuck somewhat near camp. Predators did very much exist, he couldn't forget. "Huh. I suppose it is dangerous. Well, I haven't died yet, anyway, but you can accompany me if you'd like." He offered, tilting his head in question.

The mention of Heatherberry - the other medicine cat - gave him pause. Even as Fishpaw sympathized, the medicine cat apprentice shifted a bit uncomfortably. "Ah, yeah. I try not to think about it too much." Especially since it was my fault. "I'm okay. I like dealing with herbs and stuff a lot more than any warrior things. Keeps me busy, and keeps me from thinking about her too much." That was a lie. It did keep him busy, yes, but every moment spent in the medicine den or even near any matter of foliage brought him countless reminders of Heatherberry. A beat of silence passed between the two toms, and then Nightpaw spoke again, his curiosity getting the better of him. "What was life like? Before you came to ShadowClan?" He'd never met a real rogue before, and he'd been wondering about it since Fishpaw had joined their ranks. He'd really never even met many cats outside of ShadowClan. Outsiders fascinated as much as scared him.
HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app. "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunpaw - WindClan App. - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c]   tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

tell me, is this how we're supposed to live? [c]
Page 1 of 1