Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 1006

Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 13:27

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox was accustomed to the seemingly never-ending trips to the Moonstone, but they seemed to be slowing down now that many of the kits from the most recent litters were growing up. Of course, that meant little when there were still countless apprentices in the clan. The warriors were having a hard time keeping up with all of their training, surely, and Hemlockfox wasn't faring much better, honestly. All of these inexperienced cats being out and about was a pain. 

Which was all the more reason to get them all accustomed to warrior life so they could take care of themselves and, hopefully, pester him less for silly things like sore paws. So, in order to make that distant dream a reality, he needed to get a move on with this next apprentice's journey to the Moonstone. Where was Laurelpaw anyway? With an annoyed huff, Hemlockfox scanned the packed clearing, searching for the she-cat's calico pelt. Great StarClan, why was everyone here?

Finally, though, he spotted the apprentice and marched up to her, expression cool. "Get up. I'm sure you're tired, but it's time for your Moonstone journey." Unfortunately. With all of the chaos going on, he'd much rather just lie down and try to find a way fix everything, but time stopped for no cat. Not even those in StarClan "Let's go." He meowed after a moment and, with a flick of his tail, turned and padded out of the camp.

(Timeskip)

The journey was quick. Or, at least, it felt like it. Between the familiar terrain beneath his paws and the seemingly never-ending storm of thoughts in his head, Hemlockfox found that the time flew by. They ascended the rocky hills towards Mothermouth quickly, and though this was bound to be a special moment for Laurelpaw, the medicine cat couldn't bring himself to care. "The Moonstone is right down this passage. Follow me." Without another word, he padded forward, into the inky darkness of the downward-sloping tunnel and vanished.

From the sound of her pawsteps, Hemlockfox could tell that Laurelpaw was following well enough, and it didn't take long for them to come to the end of the tunnel, where the light of the Moonstone bathed the walls and their pelts in a blue glow. "We're here." He said gruffly, and gestured to the glittering rock. "Now lie down and put your nose to the Moonstone. StarClan will come to you in your dreams and I'll be here when you wake."

[Firetreader] T1 SkC Warrior
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2513

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 21:44

Laurelpaw poked her head up at Hemlockfox's words. She hadn't really interacted with him - mostly just whenever she got a thorn in her paw or something - and he seemed like a pretty sour cat to interact with most of the time. "Hey," she said, standing up before following Hemlockfox for her Moonstone journey.

~~

As Hemlockfox led her into the Moonstone cave, she smiled at the gigantic stone. That's what the Moonstone looks like? She always imagined it as... smaller. Laurelpaw bumped her nose on the Moonstone. How could she sleep when her mind was running so fast? The excitement for getting a StarClan dream kept the calico's heart racing. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to talk with a StarClan cat. How could she not think about what she wanted to ask them?

Of course, StarClan's blessing eventually put Laurelpaw to sleep, and she woke up surrounded by stars.

Hollypaw, SkyClan MCA: 20/50

pfp of rook drawn by the amazing xaandiir!

Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey Image10
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3638

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 20 Jul 2024 - 21:05

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

It had been a while since he first woke up in these exact starry plains. Time seemed to pass much quicker in StarClan; one moment, it seemed as if he had just left the living realm, and yet when he turned back to gaze back at his Clan, dozens of new warriors and apprentices were stepping up. Amongst them were grandchildren that he would never meet; Rainkit, Bugkit, Creampaw and Weevilpaw, all children of Rapidfire. Rapidfire... how was his daughter faring? It seemed the heavy responsibilities of deputiship had not been much kinder to her than it had been to him. He had a feeling that, regardless, she would do a much better job than he did. That thought alone sent a bittersweet taste to his tongue.

But that wasn't why he was here today. Sootstorm smiled warmly as the calico apprentice sprung to life before his eyes, her pelt devoid of the stars that littered his. Laurelpaw, a she-cat he had observed to be full of questions about herself and the world around her. Was it mindless curiousity that drove these questions, or a thrist for specific answers? The dappled tom greeted her with a dip of his head. "Welcome to StarClan. My name is Sootstorm, and I was the deputy of WindClan just a few seasons ago. I'm here to answer any questions you have, or offer advice should you want them."

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Sparrowkit / She-Cat / Unborn SkyClan Kit / #993366
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 21 Jul 2024 - 11:14

Laurelpaw smiled at the starry-pelted tom. "Thank you," she said, nodding at him. Sootstorm... she'd heard his name being brought up a few times before as the deputy before Rapidfire. She was glad that her StarClan cat wasn't someone from a time way before she even existed. "Well, I was curious about..." What to ask, what to ask? She knew that a tom like him must have had experience beyond anything she had experienced, and he was more than willing to answer any questions she had.

But it was still... a little scary going up to talk to him.

It was stupid feeling afraid of him. This was the time to be open. Nobody but her and Sootstorm would ever know about this. He wouldn't come down and tell a cat 'hey, Laurelpaw told me her deepest, darkest secrets'. And yet, she couldn't rationalize her emotions away.

Laurelpaw sighed. No use stalling, not when there was so little time to talk with him. "What do you think matters most in love?" There. How hard was that?

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 21 Jul 2024 - 15:59

Love, hmm? What an interesting question, though he supposed he should have expected it from Laurelpaw. The starry tom considered his answer for a moment briefly, before answering, "I think what matters most in love is care. Caring for another cat's needs before your own... is that not what loving means? A mother feeds her child before herself, despite being just as hungry, because she cares about her child. A warrior fights for his Clan despite knowing he may never return from that battle, because he cares for his Clan and all those that reside within the Camp walls. And a lover..." His mind flashed, briefly, to the scene of the wolves. He had thrown his life aside then, out of love for his Clan, but had forgotten to love for his mate too. "A lover puts their mate's wants above their own, not because they have to but because they want to. Because willingly devoting yourself to another is an act of love."

The dappled tom let out a gentle laugh. "Of course, that doesn't mean you should change yourself completely or ignore your own wants and needs in favor of others. Even if you truly wish to do everything for those you love, its important to consider yourself every now and then."

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024 - 12:09

Laurelpaw was... surprised by Sootstorm's answer, though it did make a lot of sense. She'd never really thought of love like that - more so the rush of feelings that she felt when talking to someone else. "Like how a mother cares for her kit, or how a warrior cares for their clan..." In that case, she loved a lot more cats than she had first thought. Maybe she could say she loved WindClan as a whole... though that did feel a little strange. "I think I get it."

The one weird thing she realized was how she found herself loving both Falconpaw and Leopardwind. She couldn't keep her mind off of Leopardwind, but Falconpaw swept her paws away with his flirting. It was frustrating trying to choose between them, though she had not given it any thought. Well, good thing to ask her StarClan cat in her Moonstone. "Have you ever been in love with two cats at once?"

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024 - 18:14

Two cats at once? Laurelpaw must be quite the popular she-cat. Sootstorm's whiskers twitched in amusement, but he didn't comment on it. The calico's life was her own, and though he was here to guide her, he had no intention of muddling it too much. "Well, I'm not sure which kind of love you mean, but it's very possible to love many siblings, clanmates, friends or parents at the same time. Now, if you meant romantic love; I don't see why not. If you can feel close to two siblings at the same time, why can't you feel close to two lovers at the same time?"

Sootstorm pondered to himself; had he ever had two lovers at the same time? Well, he had two mates, and now that he was in StarClan with them both he supposed he could say that he loved them both at the same time. "As for myself, I have two mates, and while I was not mates to them at the same time while I was alive, now that I reside in StarClan I have both of them by my side, and I guess you can say I love both of them at once." He wondered what was on Laurelpaw's mind that would prompt such a question. He didn't recall thinking about love much when he was her age.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey   Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Laurelpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: