Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Splash Zone[C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3638

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 0:33

I feel like I’m waiting for something that’ll never happen

Fishpaw's first ever hunting lesson, and perhaps first lesson ever. Quillsplash didn't know if Fishpaw had had previous training, if one of his parents had ever gone over the basics of feeding himself, or if the tortoiseshell had been left to fend for himself from day one. It hardly mattered, since hunting in ShadowClan territory, with all it's mud and pine needles, was quite different from hunting in any other land. Some basics could still be applied here, however. And, as Sablestrike had pointed out, Fishpaw was old enough to know how to hunt. Today's plan was a simple test of Fishpaw's hunting ability, and for him to expand it from there. He had informed Fishpaw on the way here as well that, should he have any questions, he was more than welcome to ask them, and Quillsplash would try his best to provide an answer. He also made sure to move at a slower pace, just in case Fishpaw had yet to adapt to ShadowClan's nocturnal behavior.

"Fishpaw, I want you to try to hunt something right now, if you can. Don't worry if you can't catch anything, this is just a test for me to see how your skills are. Let me know if you have any questions."

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Sparrowkit / She-Cat / Unborn SkyClan Kit / #993366
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2853

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 13:17

FISHPAW
Now I face out, I hold out...

Fishpaw was nervous about following Quillsplash into the territory. The big, mottled tom had seemed kind so far, so there was no trepidation about being accepted by him. Quillsplash had been an outsider like him once, too--he felt safe with his… mentor. But he was nervous about performing. He was a poor hunter and he knew it. This assessment would be nothing but a failure from him. Fishpaw swallowed tightly as they started to slow and Quillsplash turned to speak to him. He nodded and murmured, ”Yeah… try.” before turning away again.

At least he did have some experience in hunting, and knew the usual scents of prey. It did not take long for him to scent a water vole and begin picking his way through it. The mud sucked his paws in and his crouch was wobbly as he tried to sink into it, but Fishpaw pulled himself forward regardless. When he was close enough to the creature, and it blessedly hadn’t fled yet, he gathered his muscles and sprang. To his surprise, his clumsy leap did not alert the vole to his presence--or, at least, its concern came too late for it to flee. Fishpaw closed his claws around it and quickly bent down to nip its neck before it could finish wriggling out from between his toes.

For a moment, Fishpaw just stared down at it. Then a big laugh left him and he spun around to search for Quillsplash. "Did you see that?" He called, tail waving mirthfully. "I knew I could do it! I'm a great hunter." He went boasting on. Pride was blooming in his chest and his smile was wide and toothy.

Fishpaw attempted to catch a vole... attempt successful! -2 EP.
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • he/him • #2F8A7B
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Thu 4 Jul 2024 - 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 13:17

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Splash Zone[C] Mistpe10
Splash Zone[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptyMon 8 Jul 2024 - 20:56

Quillsplash watched Fishpaw's attempt in silence. The young tortoiseshell's movements were hesitant and unsure; he seemed to be shaking as he stalked forward, unsure of how to porperly balance himself in a crouch. His pounce was clumsy at best and his killing bite messy. He supposed that answered the question of whether Fishpaw had been trained before. It wasn't important, though. They were here to learn, and Fishpaw would soon be able to master the proper skills of hunting. Quillsplash couldn't help the small bit of warmth that bloomed in his chest at the apprentice's excitement. He clearly didn't think he would be able to do it, but that only went to show that the fact he did was miraculous.

"Indeed. Not a bad attempt for your first time hunting in unfamiliar territories... better than most, I'd say." He remembered his first time vivdly. It had taken him almost half of his short apprenticeship to get used to the soft mushy texture of the land and even longer to not despise it. His thick, dense fur didn't do much besides get stuck with sticky mud and drag him down. Fishpaw's resistance to the sticky substance was admirable.

"It's not perfect, though. Watch as I demonstrate the proper posture for a hunting crouch. It may be a bit different from what you're used to..." Quillsplash dropped into the familiar position, feeling his muscles ripple as he sank into place. "As usual, both your tail and your belly should hover just above the ground, and your legs should be tucked comfortably under you. Your head should be about the same height as your shoulders, if not lower, and your tail should be straight. Make sure not to fidget too much in this position. As for how to adapt to the marshland: you may spread your paws out a bit wider to balance on the softer ground, and you can flatten your spine for ease of movement." As he finished speaking, he made sure to stay in his position. "You may try to imitate the pose now. You can leave your catch beside you. Feel free to ask questions if you are unsure."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 8:29

FISHPAW

The pride that flourished in Fishpaw’s chest strengthened at Quillsplash’s praise, growing until he could feel it through his entire body. His smile got even wider. But then Quillsplash corrected himself: it wasn’t perfect. Fishpaw visibly wilted. He set his vole down beside him and watched as his mentor sank into a low crouch. He only half-listened to the instructions presented to him. He knew how he was supposed to crouch! He was young, but he and his siblings had been fending for themselves for moons now. He’d been hunting before. He was just… poor at it. His body seemed to lack any desire to balance him properly. Maybe his just now had only been a fluke, a stroke of pure luck. Maybe…

Fishpaw caught his thoughts getting stormy and shook his head. ”Okay,” he muttered dryly when Quillsplash gave him the instruction to try. Sinking into his weight was uncomfortable. It made his muscles flex and shiver oddly and he felt off-kilter. Fishpaw’s tail ruddered to counterbalance the wobble in his legs. At the very least, he did not fall. But it did not take him very long to get fed up with the uncomfortable position and rise back up to height. He tipped backward slightly as he stood, weight sinking into his hips, before gathering himself to stand properly. ”I can’t do it!” He declared with a scowl. He turned away from Quillsplash and glared down at the vole laying beside his muddy paws. ”I can’t do it,” Fishpaw repeated, a little quieter. ”Catching that vole was an accident. I’m never going to get this right.”
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2024 - 5:36

Quillsplash's gaze hardened, the explanations ready on his tongue dying instantly. He had not expected the tom to give up so easily. He regarded Fishpaw in silence for a moment, then flicked his ear in understanding. His gaze cleared up again, and he faced his apprentice fully as he spoke. "Okay, let's say you can't do it, and that catching that vole was an accident," He agreed in a clear voice, saying it as if he were talking about the weather. He flicked the vole away with his tail, out of sight from Fishpaw. "Forget the vole, then. What do you do now? You can't go home hungry, that's for sure. And you have to care for yourself now. Will you stand around waiting for another 'accident' to happen, Fishpaw?" He did not need an answer to the question, and he hoped Fishpaw wouldn't either.

"How about this: show me how you're most comfortable hunting. Get into any kind of position, and show me how you intend to catch prey by doing that. Maybe you'll find sticking to the shadows more comfortable than crawling in the mud, maybe you'll prefer the opposite. But what does it matter, as long as you catch something, right? So, show me your preferred way of doing it, or the way you think would work best, and I'll help you from there." Quillsplash blinked kindly at Fishpaw, and added in a more assuring tone, "You're going to get it right. Even fools get an answer right sometimes, right? So, if catching that vole was an accident... well, it's time to start making accidents happen."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptySun 4 Aug 2024 - 7:56

FISHPAW

The silence between them, though not long, felt heavy. Heavy with the weight of disappointment and scorn. Fish knew it. He could feel it. It was not just his inability to maintain the crouch, but also the fact he’d given up so easily, and that he’d had an outburst about it--Quillsplash would reject him now. He knew it. Quillsplash was good and seemed kind so far but Fish knew better. If he turned around, he might have found resentment in the big tom’s eyes. That was too much for him to face.

Then Quillsplash was speaking, and the words, spoken so simply, made Fishpaw blink with surprise. He turned and looked back at his mentor. Fishpaw wanted to wilt under the words, but… none of that rejection he’d been expecting tinged Quillsplash’s voice. That alone intrigued him enough to listen. He blinked hard to recenter himself and then focused on his mentor. He felt a little surge of indignation when Quillsplash batted the vole away. Even if it had been an accident, it was his accident, and he was proud of it. He wanted to keep it. But Fishpaw resisted the urge to turn and search for it. He listened.

He had to care for himself now… but he had never truly had to care for himself. There had always been others around to help support him. Until his siblings grew older at least, spent more time away from home; until Grub died. Fishpaw did wilt, then. Maybe he would never be capable of taking care of himself, or of anyone. Even with the support of an entire Clan, he still had to be one of the contributing paws. Maybe this had been the wrong choice. Maybe his grief and his affection for Hedgepaw had led him astray. Maybe, maybe, maybe…

But Quillsplash was continuing. And right, Fishpaw was listening. His heart started to squeeze tightly in his chest as Quillsplash went on. The idea to do things how he needed to rather than how it was expected--that seemed revolutionary to him. His heart had grown so equally constricted and full that Fishpaw thought it might burst right in his chest.

You’re going to get it right. It’s time to start making accidents happen.

Fishpaw sniffed. He turned his head away again, ducking into his shoulder for a moment, so Quillsplash could not see the way his eyes were starting to mist. Where had his family gathered the legend that Clan cats were cruel? Even the ones that attacked them were only defending their homes… from, apparently, a murderer. The remembrance put a little shudder through Fishpaw. His mouth felt dry with the realization that these Clan cats, Pineblossom and Quillsplash and Hedgepaw, had given him a greater sense of hope and self in the short time he’d been with him than his uncomfortable time with the crumbling Crew had. ”...Right.” Fishpaw said once he gathered himself. He was no fool; he was a very bright young cat. And he was going to get this right.

It was just a matter of breathing deep and feeling the air around him. A gentle breeze stirred through the marsh, tugging through the fur at the back of his head. Fishpaw turned into it, and on the air, he could scent… what was that, a frog? He was still unfamiliar with their particular smell, but he imagined that was it. And with the wind blowing squarely into his nose… the frog would be entirely unaware of him.

Fishpaw took a deep breath. Quillsplash would help him, if he needed it. Quillsplash… was one of the first cats to offer him help with learning rather than insisting he figured it out. The cynical part of Fishpaw wondered when his mentor would tire of his uselessness and antics, but he pushed the thought away. He had a frog to catch.

He did not bother with the low crouch that made his limbs ache and his body tremble. He only made his body lower so much as it wanted to. It looked a little like he had simply forgotten about crouching halfway down, but it was manageable. And Fishpaw knew he could not just pad around gracelessly and expect to catch something. Even with all his wits, he could not engineer that. So he would split the difference. Then, with his tail held straight behind him, Fishpaw moved slowly forward. Stealth was not in his favor, so he would rely on taking things slow and processing as he moved. His steps were as light as he could make them as he walked into that weak draft. He still felt unsteady on the mud, and occasionally it squelched underpaw, but he was remembering to spread his toes more. He found that that helped with his poor balance, as well. Fishpaw pulled in another breath and looked forward. He could still smell the frog. When he turned his ears forward, he could hear it croaking quietly to itself. He then looked back down at his paws, watching where they stepped to ensure he did not trip.

On he went like that, moving one uncertain step at a time, until the amphibian came into view. Another deep breath, and then he held it. The frog sat perched on the tangled roots of a stunted tree. Its throat filled and bobbed with a low-bellied croak. It was fat, and turned mostly away from him. The wind was still in his favor.

Fishpaw took another step forward. One at a time. Then another. Then he sank back into his hips with intention, and he did not allow the fear when he wobbled to take root, and then he forced his body to move forward in an arc. He heard the frog make another noise, this one of pointed alarm, and Fishpaw was scared he would lose it as it started to gather itself to leap. But he was faster. Even though he could not catch himself, rolling tail-over-ears over the roots until he came to a halt, Fishpaw had landed the catch. His claws had dug into the frog moments before his body flipped and it stayed with him while he rolled. It squirmed frantically in his grip now, but Fishpaw stretched to bite the back of its neck. He held on until it went still, and even a few moments after, just lingering in the reverie.

Twice in one day, he'd caught something. And this second attempt had felt better. Whether it was the technique or just knowing Quillsplash was behind him... it felt good. Fishpaw's tail thumped the body ground happily before he wriggled around to get himself back on his paws. He picked up the frog and padded to meet Quillsplash halfway as his mentor followed to watch. "Did you see that? That's twice I caught something." There was a tinge of that boastfulness, especially apparent with the way Fishpaw's little chest puffed out. But when he went on with a quiet question, something else became apparent in his mew: a desperation for acknowledgment and approval; a hunger just to do and be good. "...How did I look?"

Fishpaw attempted to catch a frog... attempt successful! -2 EP.

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Sun 4 Aug 2024 - 8:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptySun 4 Aug 2024 - 7:56

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Splash Zone[C] Mistpe10
Splash Zone[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptySun 4 Aug 2024 - 21:51

Fishpaw seemed to, finally, be listening. Quillsplash didn't comment when his apprentice turned away, instead turning his gaze to the stars to give Fishpaw some form of space. He was a good cat, just needed a little push and plenty of comfort. He'd get places, Quillsplash was sure. And for now, he'd be around to help him out. The tortoiseshell understood wanting to cry. He had... never cried in front of another cat before. Not in front of Copper, not after he was old enough to not cry, and never in front of his clanmates. Despite all his fears, he simply hadn't. The thought was... oddly lonely.

But now wasn't the time to dwell on it. Quillsplash had seen the spark in his apprentice's eyes. Fishpaw was going to give it a try. As Fishpaw began scenting the air, the warrior took a step back, blending into the shadows so as to give his apprentice all the space he needed. Fishpaw chose not to crouch down fully, but only halfway. It might work in his favor... after all, Quillsplash preferred racing after his prey instead of pouncing, and though ShadowClan territory didn't allow for him to do so often, the few chances he had was... refreshing. Yes, of course Fishpaw's strategy could work, if he tried hard enough. Fishpaw was keeping his tail straight, too. Quillsplash felt a little warmth bloom in his chest as the small tom moved forward, slowly, yes, but forward. It was okay to be slow. For now, they had all the time in the world. Fishpaw was keeping downwind, toes spread to manage his balance. All ShadowClan tactics, but Fishpaw had adapted to them himself as ShadowClan's founders had.

When Fishpaw pounced, Quillsplash's breath caught in his throat. Fishpaw had to catch the frog, otherwise he didn't know how he would convince the tortoiseshell to try again. Fishpaw landed roughly, rolling away in a blur of black-and-ginger, and Quillsplash winced slightly. That couldn't have been a nice impact, and all that mud in his fur? At least Fishpaw had short fur that would lessen the burden to clean it. Quillsplash stepped forward, ready to assure Fishpaw that it was alright to have missed the catch, but before he could, Fishpaw had wriggled to his paws, frog hanging proudly from his jaws. Quillsplash couldn't help his smile; so it had worked out, after all. Fishpaw was so proud, too, puffing out his chest and tail thumping the ground happily. He let Fishpaw speak, the words falling on his ear pleasantly. There was the boastful air about the apprentice again, and a hint of need for praise. To be acknowledged. Well, Quillsplash say no reason not to. After all, Fishpaw had gone and done just what he wanted him to do, and was successful. It was worthy of praise, was it not?

A purr rumbled up his throat. "A bit strange, but revolutionary." He fetched back the vole he had flicked away, presenting it to Fishpaw as a token of his first catch. "You did well today. We'll go over this again tomorrow, perfect out the little details of your special hunting style, but for now... let's go back to Camp. I'll let you have first pick of the fresh-kill pile, how does that sound?" Quillsplash paused, unsure of whether to voice what he wanted to say. But there was no point in not saying it, was there? "Also... I'm proud of you, today. You did great, really."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 18:58

FISHPAW

At the sight of his mentor’s smile, Fishpaw lit up even more. When was the last time someone had looked so pleased with him? Fishpaw couldn’t remember. His heart was starting to thud hard in his, and the feeling was a little uncomfortable, but it was warm, too. Quillsplash called his tactic revolutionary. Strange didn’t matter at all. Fishpaw’s tail waved happily back and forth and a loud purr rumbled up in his throat from Quillsplash’s praise. In the back of his thoughts, he wondered why he couldn’t have been so lucky as to be born in ShadowClan rather than coming to them as an outsider. But… it didn’t matter. He was here now.

And… it wasn’t just Fishpaw’s imagination, the light he saw in his mentor’s eyes. Quillsplash said it himself: he was proud. Fishpaw’s brain spun backwards briefly through his memories, but he couldn’t recall a time someone had said that to him. He beamed under the commendation. With no warning, he shot forward to collide straight with Quillsplash’s chest, where he buried his head and let his purrs roll. Fishpaw rubbed his head up and down to emphasize the gesture before pulling back to grin up at his mentor, nearly dropping his frog from the breadth of his smile.

And he did set it down, for a moment, so he could speak a little more clearly. ”I knew I could do it,” he said smugly, earlier tantrum apparently forgotten. Then his ears tilted back, and Fishpaw looked suddenly sheepish. With a faint laugh, and a more sincere tone, he went on, ”I, uh… thanks, Quillsplash. I hope I keep making you proud.” He rushed through the last words so they didn’t seem so embarrassing. Then he was regathering his frog and trotting happily past his mentor. ”Okay, if we’re done then hurry up! I’m hungry now.”

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 23:07

A noise of surprise left him when Fishpaw shot forward. Blinking, Quillsplash looked down at the tortoiseshell tom that was... rubbing his head up and down, purring all the while. Could this be a sign of affection or gratitude from his apprentice? Despite the almost-scolding earlier, and the tantrum, Fishpaw was feeling... grateful? Easing Fishpaw off him, Quillsplash returned a, albeit confused, purr, blinking fondly at the apprentice's apparent joy with Quillsplash's praise... and help? Fishpaw thanked him, sounding every bit sincere, and- what did he say? Glancing at the stars for a brief moment to regain his composure and not smile too hard, Quillsplash felt a sense of giddiness wash over him. Happily, Fishpaw trotted past him, seemingly eager to return to Camp and get over the brief moment of sentiment. If his apprentice did not wish him to comment on his thanks, Quillsplash would not dwell on it, though he had a feeling that it was something he would not forget in a long while.

Joining Fishpaw, Quillsplash couldn't help but feel hopeful about future trainings with the apprentice. Knowing how his own apprenticeship had gone, he had been expecting things to be much more difficult. Laughable, he knew, that he would consider Fishpaw's tantrum not that difficult, but it was true, wasn't it? Maybe he had found it difficult in the moment, but they had gotten over it quickly, and found a way around the problem. No way had his apprentice problems been as easily fixed... or maybe he had been the one that insisted on not fixing it. Oh, he had been a stubborn little menace, alright; how Pineblossom took it, he didn't know. Perhaps not voicing his problems had given her the impression that he had been an easy apprentice... Quillsplash found that rather funny. Really, the incident with Crowspirit had been anything but easy. Shame, as always, found its way into him at the thought of the she-cat, but he controlled his expression. Truthfully, he didn't think he would ever think of that without an immense sense of guilt. Unbelievable, he was acting as if he hadn't killed someone. Visibly, he looked disturbed with himself for a moment, but that too disappeared quickly. "Why don't you run ahead, Fishpaw? I think I have something to check, actually." Yeah, he had some thinking to do, alright.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splash Zone[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splash Zone[C]   Splash Zone[C] Empty