Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

what you left behind [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunpaw, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T4 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] WindClan Apprentice, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 420

what you left behind [c] Empty
PostSubject: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 0:32

nightpaw
Nightpaw sat in the medicine den, his head low and his chest rising and falling with shallow, rasping breaths. Heatherberry's scent still lingered in the air. For a cat he hadn't gotten the chance to know, he really did miss her. More than he thought he would.

The herbs before him were unfamiliar. Try as he might, he recognized only a few. There were poppy seeds stored neatly in the corner - those were obvious, even kits knew those - and a short distance away, a swath of cobwebs bundled around a stick. There was marigold, and burdock root, and... well, that was about it. The rest were little more than leaves and flowers and seeds to him.

Who was supposed to teach him? He was ashamed to ask Leopardstar. It'd be even more shameful to have to visit another Clan and be taught by their medicine cat. Not to mention terrifying. He didn't know any of the medicine cats; Heatherberry was supposed to have been his shield, his rock, when she finally did introduce him.

A heavy sigh left his lips. Since his mentor's disappearance, he'd been fending off a panic attack, and it only seemed to grow stronger and stronger the more he tried to carry on without her. So he sat, frustrated with himself and fighting his grief, and he stared at the herbs that meant little more to him than the grass or weeds that grew throughout the camp.

HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app. "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T4 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunpaw - WindClan App. - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

what you left behind [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 13:37

ShadowClan had been reeling from Heatherberry’s sudden disappearance.

It had to have been some sort of accident — Rookfire had the same thing happen to him a few moons back, not long after taking an apprentice himself. Heatherberry, despite everything she had gone through, didn’t seem like the kind of cat who would willingly leave ShadowClan behind.

The black tuxedo ducked into the medicine den to see Nightpaw sulking. He needed a mentor still. And Rookfire knew exactly what a medicine cat needed to know. Perhaps he could teach Nightpaw with Heatherberry’s absence.

”Hey, Nightpaw,” he said. ”I used to be ShadowClan’s medicine cat, moons and moons ago. I can teach you what you need to know to be a medicine cat, while Heatherberry’s… missing.” He had gotten caught by Twolegs before, and other cats had been caught by them, too. It was very possible that Heatherberry was still alive. Until I see her dead body or her spirit in StarClan, she’s alive, trying her hardest to get home.

pfp is rookfire, drawn by the amazing xaandiir!

what you left behind [c] Image10
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunpaw, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T4 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] WindClan Apprentice, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 20:13

OOC: Mobile post, so no fancy boy template 💔

Nightpaw startled as an unfamiliar voice broke the crushing silence of the den. It was familiar in the way that ShadowClan cats spoke, but not much else about it was recognizable. He looked over his shoulder to find himself face to face with a tom who very easily could've been his kin - he had the same tuxedo pelt and green eyes that Nightpaw did. The apprentice's gaze softened; this cat wasn't a threat. He was a Clanmate, and from his words, he'd even held this position himself once.

"I... I'm sorry, I don't know your name," Nightpaw admitted. His voice was tired - plain and lacking his usual nervousness. Still, he couldn't help but wonder what the tom knew about him. While his gaze didn't hold the judgment he was used to his Clanmates wearing, Nightpaw still didn't know if he was completely safe to open up to. But his offer was so kind, how could he refuse? He didn't exactly have other options. And the tom had said while Heatherberry was missing. That meant he held onto the hope that the medicine cat would return, too. Nightpaw wasn't alone in that, at least. "If you're busy, you don't have to. I'd feel bad taking up your time... but, ah, I would appreciate it."

His weary green gaze studied the warrior. He wasn't quite old, but he was definitely seasoned. Nightpaw knew of two of ShadowClan's medicine cats - no, three. Burdockroot had mentioned her mentor during one of their meetings. Fuzzybelly, was it? But he didn't know who Fuzzybelly was. This cat didn't look like a Fuzzy. And he wondered why anyone would choose the life of a warrior over the life of a healer, but maybe that was just personal bias. Instead of asking any of his questions, Nightpaw nodded to the bundles of herbs behind him, his expression faintly curious. It was still hard to throw himself into his duties when he couldn't help but keep a loyal eye peeled for Heatherberry's return, but he'd have to try. "If you have time... do you mind going over the basics? Like how to treat cuts and scrapes, and anything that might be - be common occurrence?"
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 2:45

Rookfire blinked. He had never talked with Nightpaw before, so it was reasonable that Nightpaw didn't know his name. "Oh, right," he said, chuckling. "I'm Rookfire. It's nice to meet you." Nightpaw seemed to be a quiet tom, so Rookfire tried reading the room. He hoped that he could help foster the tom's self-confidence while teaching him how to get herbs

"Don't worry about taking up my time," the black tuxedo said. "I'm not busy." Even if he was, to be honest, he'd put what he had aside to train Nightpaw to be ShadowClan's medicine cat. It was only a matter of time until Leopardstar formally asked him to step in for Heatherberry, anyways, so he wanted to give Nightpaw a start.

As Nightpaw asked a question, Rookfire sat back. Common occurrences... there was getting thorns out of a cat's paw, treating flesh wounds, herb packets for moonstone journeys, bee stings, rat bites, and  a ton of other things Rookfire didn't even remember right now. "Well, there's a lot to cover," he said. "I don't think I could go through everything here." That wasn't the most helpful, so Rookfire quickly added: "I could teach you some of them, though."

"The most common thing you'll have to deal with is someone getting a thorn in their paw. First, you'll have to be able to pull it out with your teeth. But after that-" The black tuxedo scanned the medicine den, before padding over to the dock in a nearby corner. "You'll need this." Grabbing one of the large green leaves with his jaw, he showed it to Nightpaw. "This is dock. You chew it thoroughly and put it on your clanmate's paw. It helps prevent infection and helps heal up cracked pads, too."

Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptySun 30 Jun 2024 - 1:58

nightpaw
"Rookfire..." Nightpaw hummed thoughtfully, his whiskers twitching in response to the tom's low chuckle. "That's a cool name. It's nice to meet you, Rookfire." He dipped his head politely. It seemed much easier to talk to grown warriors than it was other cats his age, like he was less afraid of being laughed at or ridiculed. Or maybe Rookfire just had a calm aura about him.

Nightpaw settled down and sat beside the herb stores. They weren't thriving like they should have been during greenleaf, but maybe he could bring Rookfire with him on an herb hunt or something. He hadn't had much of a chance to replenish the stores since he'd moved into the medicine den.

He nodded as the tom spoke, then flicked his ears back passively. "Of course. Sorry, I'm - I just hate the idea of leaving ShadowClan vulnerable, I suppose." Even so, Nightpaw knew it made sense that he couldn't learn everything in one night.

The small, ruddy tom followed Rookfire over to the dock and peered down at the large leaf. Its dark green color was a stark contrast to the soft earth beneath his paws. Dock. Dock. Dock. Nightpaw had always prided himself on being a quick learner, and he vowed to commit this new leaf to memory. He pawed at it, and was surprised to find that it was tough. "Infection and cracked pads... got it. Where's the best place to find this? It seems like it'd be important."

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptyMon 1 Jul 2024 - 0:27

"As long as I'm around, ShadowClan's far from vulnerable," Rookfire replied, smiling at Nightpaw. When Nightpaw asked him where he could find dock, the black tuxedo felt... pride. "Great question," he said, nodding. "The best place to get dock would probably be... right on the edge of the Thunderpath. It grows well there, and it's the only plant that can, so it's very easy to find. But it can be found all across the territory wherever it's muddy and grassy." It was a lot to dump on an apprentice, but if he worked one herb at a time, it would probably be okay.

"You get all that? I can go through it again if you want."

Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 23:37

nightpaw
If Nightpaw were any other apprentice, he may very well have been overwhelmed by Rookfire's quick lesson on dock. But he was usually a fast learner in these matters. Maybe he couldn't pick up hunting or fighting too well, but he understood both things well in theory. He was like a sponge, sometimes - it was a fact he was proud of.

He listened quietly as the other tom spoke, but a rush of warmth flooded him at his praise. Great question. He purred quietly as he took mental notes, envisioning the side of the Thunderpath and the large patches of mud where dock might grow. Finally, he nodded. "Got it." Nightpaw brightened as an idea came to him suddenly. "Hey, maybe one day we could go out on the territory and you could show me some of the best spots for herbs. I would love to get a feel for everything."

Then he pointed out a leaf beside the dock with one claw. "What's this one?" Nightpaw asked curiously, his nose wrinkling as he sniffed at it.

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 16:06

Rookfire grinned. "Yeah, I'd love to do that sometime!" he said. He would love to give Nightpaw his knowledge that he had acquired over the years - both from experience and from what he had learned from Iniko. "I can take you out to gather stuff sometime, for sure!" With Nightpaw's question, the black tuxedo spotted the leaf just underneath the dock - if his memory served him right, that must be-

"That's an elder leaf," he said, smiling back at Nightpaw. "When chewed, it's good for minor injuries to the wrist, elbow, knee, that sort of thing. It can help make an elder's day - or anyone that needs their joints soothed, for that matter. You'll find them most often as bushes in the Pine Grove in ShadowClan - they have white flowers earlier in greenleaf and grow black berries right about now." The black tuxedo smiled at Nightpaw. "The berries do not taste good, by the way. They just make you feel nauseous." Perhaps they could be a substitute for yarrow if needed, or if someone had trouble making dirt, but he didn't think it was worth keeping in the medicine den for.

"If you ever want to go look for herbs across the territory, let me know! I'd be happy to look for things with you."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what you left behind [c]   what you left behind [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

what you left behind [c]
Page 1 of 1