Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Can't Believe I Left This [O]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] 3 WC MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Apprentice
Number of posts : 846

I Can't Believe I Left This [O] Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Believe I Left This [O]   I Can't Believe I Left This [O] EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 4:06 pm

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox hesitated as Wolfstar nudged her way through the barrier and into the camp, his chest tight. It had been moons since he'd last put paw here. As far as everyone was concerned, he'd vanished without a word - abandoning them for WindClan. He should have asked Wolfstar if she'd explained things to his old friends and kin, but he'd been too wrapped up in his nerves to talk much on the way here. He couldn't stay out here forever, Hemlockfox knew that, but it would be so much easier to turn back now and forget this whole thing. He wouldn't have to see the faces of those he'd left or try to convince his sisters to go back to WindClan with him...he could just forget it all and go back to his solitary life on the moor - abandon them again.

But that wasn't how he'd been raised. Sunfire taught him to never run. To never back down. And, even if he hadn't, it was a part of who he was. Hemlockfox couldn't turn back now. Not when he was so close to seeing his kin again after so long. So, with a steadying breath, he nosed his way into the camp after Wolfstar. The clearing was silent as he padded after his grandmother and for perhaps the first time, Hemlockfox felt a little self-conscious as he looked out and met the gazes of each cat he saw. There were so many unfamiliar faces and not nearly enough familiar ones. Graywind told him what happened, but had more been lost since he'd spoken to her?

He sidled closer to Wolfstar, tail low to the ground, and tried to school his expression into one of neutrality. Where were his sisters? They were obviously okay - Wolfstar would have told him if they weren't - but why hadn't he seen them yet? Was Stormwatcher here? And what of Thymelight? Was she still taking good care of everyone? The silence was suffocating, though, and Hemlockfox glanced over at Wolfstar uncertainly. She would say something, right?

[Firepaw] SkC Apprentice
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice

Last edited by GravisCordis on Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/App [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T1 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5855

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I Left This [O]   I Can't Believe I Left This [O] EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 5:18 pm

Hemlockfox had been quiet on the trip back toward camp, nerves perhaps, after being away for so long. "A lot's happened lately... Graywind mentioned she spoke to you at the recent gathering." She mewed quietly, "She-" The words stuck in Wolfstar's throat. Torn apart by the beasts that had antagonized Skyclan for so long. Her and young Blazepaw. Her only solace was that the filthy mongrels had not long outlived those they had slain.

The leader gave her head a shake, and unable to find the words, silently pressed against Hemlockfox for a brief moment. They had come upon the camp entrance, though, and steeling herself, Wolfstar led her grandson into the camp he hadn't seen in moons.

The camp was calm, with cats sharing fresh kill and relaxing after a patrol, or killing time until their scheduled duties. It wasn't long before heads began to turn in their direction however, with a mix of recognition, curiosity and wariness on the faces of her clanmates. Many of the younger ones would not know Hemlockfox at all, Wolfstar realized. He'd only been gone for a few moons, but so much had changed even in such a short time...

"Who's that, grandma?" Honeypaw was the first to approach, bright blue eyes blinking up at the cat who stood beside the Skyclan leader with more curiosity than wariness. Grandma seemed too relaxed for him to be a threat, and she would never allow such into Skyclan's camp anyways. But there was something else in her gaze too that Honeypaw couldn't place. Regret or grief, she couldn't say.

Wolfstar couldn't help a soft purr as her granddaughter approached, she was always curious, and didn't seem to have a suspicious bone in her when faced with the intrusion into their camp. "This is Hemlockfox. He... was our medicine cat, but had been helping Windclan the past few moons." She replied, "Honeypaw, do you think you could find Sorrelmist, Ploverwing or Bubblebeam? I think they'd like to catch up with their brother." The apprentice nodded and turned, intent on following the request. Bubblebeam was her cousin, she knew, and if Hemlockfox was her brother... Maybe seeing him again would cheer up some of their clanmates.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T1 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T2 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6803

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I Left This [O]   I Can't Believe I Left This [O] EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 10:58 am

Bubblebeam spent as little time in camp as possible these days, so it was either pure luck or some kind of belated fate that found her taking a brief moment of rest at the very moment that Honeypaw came running out-of-breath to find her. She'd done her best to put any thoughts and worries out of her mind for a few minutes while she laid down in a beam of sun to eat a squirrel that she couldn't taste. There was too much to think about, so... she didn't want to think about any of it. Hemlockfox, Silverbird, Hawkmist, Wolfstar, Thymelight and her other siblings, dogs, foxes, the uncountable recent losses, all got her mind swirling anytime she tried to make sense of them. There wasn't any point in attempting to single out any specific thread as the one causing trouble, because any one of them would lead inevitably to the others. So she lay in camp, trying to enjoy the warmth of greenleaf that she'd spent so much time longing for. She'd begged for greenleaf, and... now it was here, and for what? It had brought her nothing but grief and further indecision. It felt strange to say, but... late leaf-bare was the last time things had really been making sense to her. She found herself hiding from the sun more than welcoming its heat. Today had been like any other day, and she'd been planning to go out hunting again--until Honeypaw said something about Wolfstar and Hemlockfox.

"Hemlockfox?"

The name left her mouth on an almost-automatic echo. How many moons--how many moons had it been? Two? Three? She'd lost count. She'd lost hope. She'd thought he had forgotten about her, or had abandoned her on purpose, or had just been too busy, or hadn't meant to keep his promise after all. What had kept him? Why couldn't he have sent her word or anything? All these questions and more flooded through her mind, but none of them left her mouth as she stared at Honeypaw. Bubblebeam could only nod wordlessly, then set off at a half-walk, half-run in the direction the apprentice had come from. Shaking paws hardly felt the ground beneath them, eyes glanced wildly around in search of a familiar pelt. The scent hit her first, before anything else. The sharp scent of peaty soil and moor grass. WindClan scent. Then... she saw him. Her brother.

Her brother. Stars, her brother.

All anger and betrayal and loneliness and disappointment fled in wake of the sheer, overwhelming emotion that shook the gray she-cat's frame. What was this emotion called again? Not quite loss, nor happiness, nor longing, but... oh. Love. She loved her brother. "Hemlockfox?" she said again, like a question, as if she couldn't believe what she saw. "Hemlock..." A few more steps, and suddenly she hurtled into his side. They weren't kits anymore. Her lunge packed far more impact than it had when they were only the size of their aunt's paws. Barely she restrained herself from tackling him to the ground, but within a few moments she was pressing her face into his fur, breathing in his scent because beneath the grasses and rabbits and soil there was him, there was her brother, and she hadn't even known for sure whether he was alive unless she saw him at Gatherings and-- "Hemlockfox!" Somewhere between a sob and a sigh and a laugh. "You left--you just left and I couldn't follow. And I didn't know where you were or if you were okay, and I worried about you so much and everything has been horrible and I don't want to do this anymore and I missed you. I missed you, Hemlock..." Bubblebeam wasn't even conscious of what she was saying anymore. Whatever half-sentences were babbling themselves out of her mouth wasn't important. All that was important was her brother.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Tier 2 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I Left This [O]   I Can't Believe I Left This [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

I Can't Believe I Left This [O]
Page 1 of 1