Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

nyeh? [solo]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4983

nyeh? [solo] Empty
PostSubject: nyeh? [solo]   nyeh? [solo] EmptySat 15 Jun 2024 - 7:00

Patrolling had become a bit of a drone in her mind. She'd been so glad to see Rapidfire in her role as deputy, but on the other paw, Crakeburn just... didn't have as much enthusiasm for life as she once had. What had been a battle-borne warrior had fizzled out to just another face in the Clan, performing her duties, and doing what she could to stay alive. It didn't leave to a particularly fulfilling life, but she had grown fine with that. There had been so much grief on her chest to handle... it had been impossible to truly sort out. But rays of joy had slowly begun to shine through the clouds of despair, and she'd found a glimmer of excitement again.

As she had neared the barn, Crakeburn could tell something about it was... off. Her curled ears flicked in confusion, but she pushed past it. The barn had fantastic quarry, and she was going to take advantage of it. Well, she had been intending to, until she heard the loud crunching of leaves. Had something come here? Perhaps it was just a large dog, or a particularly noisy raccoon. Something she could certainly fight. Her tail rippled at that idea, but she found herself catching the scent of something particularly sweet...

It somehow called to the hunger in her belly, and Crakeburn couldn't help but follow it. Confusion rippled through her tail as it seemed to lead to a corner of the barn, but... perhaps it was simply a rodent's den? That was her best guess as she approached closer, and closer, hesitant as she looked for something that was wrong with it. It was too perfect.

The slam of metal came quickly after--and the molly lept. Or, tried to. Something was above her, and it left her with little space to turn and twirl about. Hissing, it only seemed to rattle what was about her more. She'd been caught in a trap!

No, no no- I can't leave Rapidfire behind! She hissed in her mind, furiously trying to claw her way out. But it wasn't going to get her anywhere. Not as everything went dark, something heavy being tossed atop the trap--and Crakeburn feeling the ground lifting up from beneath her. The crunching had been a twoleg. Somehow, that thought was even less comforting than it should have been. A raccoon--she could take that down. But a twoleg? No way.

Fed into the belly of one of their monsters, Crakeburn's ears pinned against her head. There was only one thing she could think: I'm sorry, Rapidfire... I'll get back to see you be Rapidstar. She had to.

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down

nyeh? [solo]
Page 1 of 1